The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-27-2019, 07:22 AM
Majesty

As we all realise, a baby can be an unexpected surprise in a relationship. Edo and Daria seem to have risen to the challenge of separate parenting. I saw a small documentary about young entrepreneurs and Edo was one. Obviously, at that time Daria travelled a lot on her job and she left Wolfie with him each time she left the country. He spoke of a happy relationship and how Wolfie accepted that as 'ordinary'.

That doco was before he started dating Beatrice and he really impressed me as what used to be called "an ordinary decent bloke". He seemed so relaxed in his own skin that I wondered who the lucky girl would eventually be.

Surprise! It's our Beatrice and they look so right together, even better, he's a romantic. How wonderful, every woman should be romances.

Best wishes to Beatrice and her beau. 💖 💍

Old 09-27-2019, 08:17 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
That’s like saying Charles and Edward are from a different generation as the age gap between those two is more than that between Eugenie and Louise.

Congrats to Bea and Edo. Certainly wasn’t expecting that so soon but I guess when you know you know.
In a certain way they are, that just how I see it. When there is a considerable age gap, I speak of a different generation. I am surprised at the apparent disagreement on my viewpoint, that's why I clarified.

Again congrats to the York family, they must be over the moon.

Old 09-27-2019, 03:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I don't see how Dara's father plays a roll in her desirability. People aren't screening egg donors. Her own beauty and education yes, her dad working for NASA won't win dates.

Dave didn't abscond with a model anymore then Edo. They were broken up. Free to start a new relationship. Makes it sound like the guys ran away middle of night with a woman.

I am thrilled for the couple and their families.

Stunning photos. I love the black and white photos.
I disagree. The girl comes from brainy-perhaps genius-stock. Let's face it, it's better than being the daughter of a notorious criminal like Jeffery Esptein for example.

Like it or not, where and who you come from still plays into the eligibility/quality factor for both men and women .

And I also disagree about what you posted about Dave Clark. He was with Beatrice for ten years and broke up with her reportedly when she asked for a marriage commitment.

Yet, he met another woman within 8 months after breakup and put a ring on it.

Whether she was a model or a mud wrestler, that would sting for most women, including me. If you would not be affected by it I commend you.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 09-27-2019, 03:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Can anyone enlighten me as to the origin of Edo’s son’s last name? His mother’s last name is Huang, his father’s is Mozzi, yet the child’s name is Christopher Woolf. Where does the Woolf come from?
My understanding is that his full name is Christopher Wo(o)lf Mapelli Mozzi. So, his nickname "Wolfie" is after his middle name.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Can anyone enlighten me as to the origin of Edo’s son’s last name? His mother’s last name is Huang, his father’s is Mozzi, yet the child’s name is Christopher Woolf. Where does the Woolf come from?
Wolf is one of his first names and not his surname.
Old 09-27-2019, 04:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
But is it Wolf or Woolf? The latter would seem likely to be based upon a surname, even if is not the surname of one of his parents.
Old 09-27-2019, 04:29 PM
Nobility

More info On Princess Beatrice's Engagement Ring

Dont know if this was posted before

Quote:
Now, HELLO! can exclusively reveal that Beatrice's fiancé began planning his proposal four months ago when he consulted Mayfair atelier Shaun Leane to design the engagement ring. Shaun told us that the beautiful diamond ring was hand-cast in platinum in his Mayfair workshop. The central stone is 2.5 carat with two baguettes either side, ¾ of a carat each. "The diamonds are ethically sourced and of the highest colour and clarity," he revealed.

Shaun, who worked for Alexander McQueen for 20 years and has made pieces for both Duchess Kate and Duchess Meghan, spoke to HELLO! about the process of making Beatrice's stunning ring. He said: "The actual ring is handcrafted, so the whole process has been about three to four months, from Edoardo coming in to see me. We talked about the design and shared thoughts and elements to put into it to make it personal. I would say the design took about two months, less than that, maybe six weeks and then the crafting of the ring has been about eight to ten weeks."

https://www.hellomagazine.com/brides...gner-reveals-/
Cute
Pic one

pic two
Old 09-27-2019, 04:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does anyone know how I would post a youtube video to a thread here?
Old 09-27-2019, 05:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
Does anyone know how I would post a youtube video to a thread here?
I just add the link. That usually works fine. I'm always posting from my Android phone.
Old 09-27-2019, 05:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I just add the link. That usually works fine. I'm always posting from my Android phone.
Thanks for replying, how exactly do I do that? My phone is also an Android device.
Old 09-27-2019, 05:25 PM
Courtier

I'm so happy for Princess Beatrice. This is one couple that I looked at since they started dating and knew they'd up together.
Old 09-27-2019, 05:31 PM
Nobility

Lovely that they put a lot of personal thought into the design and it is beautiful and classic, but they really hadn't been dating that long when he started designing the ring, meaning he'd started planning before that.

Yes I know they've known each other a while and when you know, you know, but it's definitely a whirlwind romance. I hope for theirs and the kid's sake it works out.
Old 09-27-2019, 05:38 PM
Majesty

I was really hoping for a televised engagement interview but I don't think we will get one.

Unless they wait until closer to the wedding....

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 09-27-2019, 05:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Thanks I've figured it out.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Would not Wolf (Woolf) be a middle name?
Old 09-27-2019, 09:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I was really hoping for a televised engagement interview but I don't think we will get one.

Unless they wait until closer to the wedding....
Sadly any interview with a York princess at the moment wouldn't be about the engagement though would it?

I am wondering whether the fact that this is the first grandchild who hasn't given an engagement interview within a day or so of the announcement whether the wedding will also be a much lower key event than Eugenie's.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Would not Wolf (Woolf) be a middle name?
In the context of an international forum, JR76's reference to "one of his first names" is useful for avoiding confusion, as the term "middle name" has entirely different definitions for people from different jurisdictions. E.g., in the nations of Scandinavia, a middle name is by definition a family name rather than a personal name. For instance, the civil name of Prince Daniel of Sweden, Olof Daniel Westling Bernadotte, is considered by Swedes to be constituted of two first names (Olof and Daniel), a middle name (Westling), and a last name (Bernadotte).

Quote:
Well, this is cause for hope:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-Beatrice.html
[...]
Thank you for finding this. If the article's reference to pick-ups and drop-offs is correct, it seems to suggest that Wolfie Mapelli Mozzi is now alternating time with each of his parents every few days, and thus the princess and her soon to be husband will likely take his needs into account in selecting their future residence.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Sadly any interview with a York princess at the moment wouldn't be about the engagement though would it?

I am wondering whether the fact that this is the first grandchild who hasn't given an engagement interview within a day or so of the announcement whether the wedding will also be a much lower key event than Eugenie's.
That would depend on the terms of the interview and who was conducting said interview. I am sure there is a journalist out there who would not ruin Edo & Bea's happiness with something that really has nothing to do with them.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
Lovely that they put a lot of personal thought into the design and it is beautiful and classic, but they really hadn't been dating that long when he started designing the ring, meaning he'd started planning before that.

Yes I know they've known each other a while and when you know, you know, but it's definitely a whirlwind romance. I hope for theirs and the kid's sake it works out.
Sometimes though when there's an established and strong friendship, the leap to intimacy and marriage isn't a far drop off the cliff but a short step.

All I'll say is the if Edo puts as much thought and care into his marriage that he's put into the designing and making of the engagement ring, Beatrice has grabbed the brass ring on the marriage-go-round.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 09-28-2019, 03:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I think you may be right, this could well be an indicator of a somewhat lower profile wedding than that of E & J. Much as I enjoy all the pomp and drama of a big royal wedding, at this time, it may be prudent to scale the wedding down somewhat.