Engagement of Princess Beatrice of York and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi: September 26, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As we all realise, a baby can be an unexpected surprise in a relationship. Edo and Daria seem to have risen to the challenge of separate parenting. I saw a small documentary about young entrepreneurs and Edo was one. Obviously, at that time Daria travelled a lot on her job and she left Wolfie with him each time she left the country. He spoke of a happy relationship and how Wolfie accepted that as 'ordinary'.

That doco was before he started dating Beatrice and he really impressed me as what used to be called "an ordinary decent bloke". He seemed so relaxed in his own skin that I wondered who the lucky girl would eventually be.

Surprise! It's our Beatrice and they look so right together, even better, he's a romantic. How wonderful, every woman should be romances.

Best wishes to Beatrice and her beau. ? ?

That’s like saying Charles and Edward are from a different generation as the age gap between those two is more than that between Eugenie and Louise.

Congrats to Bea and Edo. Certainly wasn’t expecting that so soon but I guess when you know you know.

In a certain way they are, that just how I see it. When there is a considerable age gap, I speak of a different generation. I am surprised at the apparent disagreement on my viewpoint, that's why I clarified.

Again congrats to the York family, they must be over the moon.

I don't see how Dara's father plays a roll in her desirability. People aren't screening egg donors. Her own beauty and education yes, her dad working for NASA won't win dates.

Dave didn't abscond with a model anymore then Edo. They were broken up. Free to start a new relationship. Makes it sound like the guys ran away middle of night with a woman.

I am thrilled for the couple and their families. :flowers:

Stunning photos. I love the black and white photos.

I disagree. The girl comes from brainy-perhaps genius-stock. Let's face it, it's better than being the daughter of a notorious criminal like Jeffery Esptein for example.

Like it or not, where and who you come from still plays into the eligibility/quality factor for both men and women .

And I also disagree about what you posted about Dave Clark. He was with Beatrice for ten years and broke up with her reportedly when she asked for a marriage commitment.

Yet, he met another woman within 8 months after breakup and put a ring on it.:sad:

Whether she was a model or a mud wrestler, that would sting for most women, including me. If you would not be affected by it I commend you.:cool:

Last edited:
Can anyone enlighten me as to the origin of Edo’s son’s last name? His mother’s last name is Huang, his father’s is Mozzi, yet the child’s name is Christopher Woolf. Where does the Woolf come from?

My understanding is that his full name is Christopher Wo(o)lf Mapelli Mozzi. So, his nickname "Wolfie" is after his middle name.

Last edited:
Can anyone enlighten me as to the origin of Edo’s son’s last name? His mother’s last name is Huang, his father’s is Mozzi, yet the child’s name is Christopher Woolf. Where does the Woolf come from?

Wolf is one of his first names and not his surname.

Wolf is one of his first names and not his surname.

But is it Wolf or Woolf? The latter would seem likely to be based upon a surname, even if is not the surname of one of his parents.

More info On Princess Beatrice's Engagement Ring

Dont know if this was posted before

Now, HELLO! can exclusively reveal that Beatrice's fiancé began planning his proposal four months ago when he consulted Mayfair atelier Shaun Leane to design the engagement ring. Shaun told us that the beautiful diamond ring was hand-cast in platinum in his Mayfair workshop. The central stone is 2.5 carat with two baguettes either side, ¾ of a carat each. "The diamonds are ethically sourced and of the highest colour and clarity," he revealed.

Shaun, who worked for Alexander McQueen for 20 years and has made pieces for both Duchess Kate and Duchess Meghan, spoke to HELLO! about the process of making Beatrice's stunning ring. He said: "The actual ring is handcrafted, so the whole process has been about three to four months, from Edoardo coming in to see me. We talked about the design and shared thoughts and elements to put into it to make it personal. I would say the design took about two months, less than that, maybe six weeks and then the crafting of the ring has been about eight to ten weeks."

https://www.hellomagazine.com/bride...anned-four-months-ago-ring-designer-reveals-/
Cute
Pic one

pic two

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know how I would post a youtube video to a thread here?

Does anyone know how I would post a youtube video to a thread here?
I just add the link. That usually works fine. I'm always posting from my Android phone.

I just add the link. That usually works fine. I'm always posting from my Android phone.

Thanks for replying, how exactly do I do that? My phone is also an Android device.

Lovely that they put a lot of personal thought into the design and it is beautiful and classic, but they really hadn't been dating that long when he started designing the ring, meaning he'd started planning before that.

Yes I know they've known each other a while and when you know, you know, but it's definitely a whirlwind romance. I hope for theirs and the kid's sake it works out.

I was really hoping for a televised engagement interview but I don't think we will get one.:ermm:

Unless they wait until closer to the wedding....

I was really hoping for a televised engagement interview but I don't think we will get one.:ermm:

Unless they wait until closer to the wedding....

Sadly any interview with a York princess at the moment wouldn't be about the engagement though would it?

I am wondering whether the fact that this is the first grandchild who hasn't given an engagement interview within a day or so of the announcement whether the wedding will also be a much lower key event than Eugenie's.

Would not Wolf (Woolf) be a middle name?

In the context of an international forum, JR76's reference to "one of his first names" is useful for avoiding confusion, as the term "middle name" has entirely different definitions for people from different jurisdictions. E.g., in the nations of Scandinavia, a middle name is by definition a family name rather than a personal name. For instance, the civil name of Prince Daniel of Sweden, Olof Daniel Westling Bernadotte, is considered by Swedes to be constituted of two first names (Olof and Daniel), a middle name (Westling), and a last name (Bernadotte).

Thank you for finding this. If the article's reference to pick-ups and drop-offs is correct, it seems to suggest that Wolfie Mapelli Mozzi is now alternating time with each of his parents every few days, and thus the princess and her soon to be husband will likely take his needs into account in selecting their future residence.

Sadly any interview with a York princess at the moment wouldn't be about the engagement though would it?

I am wondering whether the fact that this is the first grandchild who hasn't given an engagement interview within a day or so of the announcement whether the wedding will also be a much lower key event than Eugenie's.

That would depend on the terms of the interview and who was conducting said interview. I am sure there is a journalist out there who would not ruin Edo & Bea's happiness with something that really has nothing to do with them.

Lovely that they put a lot of personal thought into the design and it is beautiful and classic, but they really hadn't been dating that long when he started designing the ring, meaning he'd started planning before that.

Yes I know they've known each other a while and when you know, you know, but it's definitely a whirlwind romance. I hope for theirs and the kid's sake it works out.

Sometimes though when there's an established and strong friendship, the leap to intimacy and marriage isn't a far drop off the cliff but a short step.

All I'll say is the if Edo puts as much thought and care into his marriage that he's put into the designing and making of the engagement ring, Beatrice has grabbed the brass ring on the marriage-go-round. :D

I think you may be right, this could well be an indicator of a somewhat lower profile wedding than that of E & J. Much as I enjoy all the pomp and drama of a big royal wedding, at this time, it may be prudent to scale the wedding down somewhat.

:previous: Which saddens me for two reasons: Princess Beatrice and Edoardo have done absolutely nothing wrong, and I am more interested in this particular British Royal wedding and couple than any of the other recent ones.:sad::bang:

I don't see how Dara's father plays a roll in her desirability. People aren't screening egg donors. Her own beauty and education yes, her dad working for NASA won't win dates.

Her father being a NASA scientist matters the same as Beatrice's father being The Duke of York.

Thought the same thing, was it faster than Harry and Meghan? Anyway Beatrice deserves some happiness, the girl gets blasted by the media when she personally has done nothing wrong.

Last edited:
Thought the same thing, was it faster than Harry and Meghan? Anyway Beatrice deserves some happiness, the girl gets blasted by the media when she personally has done nothing wrong.

I think it's about 6 months faster than Harry and Meghan if reports of when they started actually dating are roughly right, but those who were moving very quickly when she gave notice to suits in early 2017 and moved across continents a year after they met so, both whirlwinds. Without the added "biological clock" necessity in Beatrice's case. But they've known each other longer, though we don't actually know how close friends they were before, even with all the family connections. I do hope they stay happy together.

The no interview, keeping it low key could be a personal choice by the couple. There could have been a 2 minute fluffy interview that had nothing to do with her father, since the engagement was already on the news.

That said, I can see the wedding being more low key than Eugenie's "it's definitely a Royal Wedding damn it!" due to that and the dreaded B word that know one knows what's happening with. Big carriage rides around Windsor might go down even less well for non Andrew reasons. That's if St. George's is actually the location and not somewhere else.

:previous: Which saddens me for two reasons: Princess Beatrice and Edoardo have done absolutely nothing wrong, and I am more interested in this particular British Royal wedding and couple than any of the other recent ones.:sad::bang:

Do they have something special that appeals to you?

Do they have something special that appeals to you?

Yes, in fact they do Skippy.

I have always seen Beatrice as a girl to root for. She seems more vulnerable than Eugenie. When I read that during Fergie's "cash for access" scandal that she locked herself in her rooms at Royal Lodge and wept for days, my heart broke for her.:sad:

Then there was the romantic disappointment with Dave Clark.

Finally...some of the comments about her looks online are so over the top cruel that I hope she has never read them... but of course she has.

Now here she is...engaged to marry a young, handsome, wealthy aristocrat who seems to adore her and who has publically declared to her that she will never be alone again.

Yep...I love seeing her get what I hope will be the last laugh at the bullies as a beautiful bride.

And I want to watch every minute of it.;)

Last edited:
One BIG difference is that Beatrice and Edo have known each other since they were children. Their families have been friends for decades (Sarah is reportedly Edo's brother's godmother.) They run in the same circles and have lots of mutual friends. IOW, they come from the same world.

Last edited:
Her father being a NASA scientist matters the same as Beatrice's father being The Duke of York.

No, sorry, not remotely. Not everyone's dad's jobs are made equal.

That is like my saying being the daughter of a banker is just as influential as Ivanka Trump. Doesnt work that way. NASA may be impressive, but unless he is head of NASA, thats not going to turn heads.

Being a member of the BRF puts you on a global platform. For a man who works in business, being the SIL of the DOY could open doors for you. Unless you are looking for a job at NASA and you hope her father is going to get you a job interview, not even remotely comparable.

Its a small antiquated part of the population that still thinks who 'your stock is' is important. And for those its not about brains, but blood. A member of the royal family, that is a plus. A child of a scientist, not so much.

One BIG difference is that Beatrice and Edo have known each other since they were children. Their families have been friends for decades (Sarah is reportedly Edo's brother's godmother.) They run in the same circles and have lots of mutual friends. IOW, they come from the same world.

Being childhood friends doesnt play a huge role. Yes they knew each other but as friends, or family friends. Different then dating certainly.

But Harry and Beatrice are both in the same place. They are not young like Eugenie, William and their cousins were when they started dating their partners. When you start dating still in college you have other priorities and you feel no rush to get married. You are doing school, settling into jobs and adult life and such. There is no rush to commit and have kids.

When you are in your thirties, dating becomes more serious. You aren't going to look for someone for a good time. Well not if you plan on marriage and kids. You are going to look for someone who you can see marriage and kids with. Such decisions will be quicker, you will know sooner if ready to commit.

How things have changed! And for the better. I realize Beatrice is WAYYY down the line in the succession, but it wasn't that long ago when the British Monarchy was forbidden to marry a Catholic and a divorced person. Hurray! :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom