The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-26-2019, 10:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
This website states "Although he enjoys the title of "Count" he is a British subject and technically cannot use a foreign title in this country. Foreign styles and titles were confined to those who received a Royal Warrant from King George V in 1932."

https://peeragenews.blogspot.com/201...-princess.html
My understanding is that the above concerns legal use only, and that in Britain for unofficial purposes, anyone may call themselves by any title they wish, provided that it is not done to perpetuate a fraud. I believe members of the former royal family of Greece who are British subjects have called themselves by royal titles while in Britain.

Regarding "enjoying the title", since it appears to originate from the Italian side of the family, it legally does not exist given the abolition of Italian titles in 1948, as earlier stated. Any hypothetical use of the title would, necessarily, be unofficial.

Old 09-26-2019, 10:30 AM
Nobility

Congratulations! I’m thrilled for Bea & Edo! And Wolfie! Hope they have many happy years together! Bring on the dress and tiara speculation!

Old 09-26-2019, 10:31 AM
Serene Highness

Congratulations!
Old 09-26-2019, 10:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
I believe members of the former royal family of Greece who are British subjects have called themselves by royal titles while in Britain.
That King Constantine and his family use their titles officially in the UK is probably due to them having Danish diplomatic passports.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:44 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
As grandchildren of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip, Louise and James belong to the same generation as Princess Beatrice.
Exactly:next generation are Savannah, Isla, George, Mia, Charlotte, Louis, Lena and Archie.

As for the "Royal Weddings" I think they will be similar as Peter Philipps' wedding - in St. George's Chapel (AFAIK, they live nearby) and maybe streamed through Youtube Channel - after all, they will (for 99%) be nephews of the reigning King (Charles III).

Congratulations once more to Beatrice and Edoardo!
Old 09-26-2019, 10:44 AM
Majesty

I hope they will do a televised interview like Eugenie/Jack and Meghan/Harry.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 09-26-2019, 10:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

What wonderful, happy news! I think the engagement photos are so beautiful!
Old 09-26-2019, 10:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to Beatrice and Eduardo.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:57 AM
Heir Apparent

FINALLY a member of the BRF marries an Aristocrat - the first since Diana Spencer, I think.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:02 AM
Commoner

Very happy for Beatrice. Surprised there has been no interview yet? Opinion reserved on Edo, I've only heard his story from others.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
FINALLY a member of the BRF marries an Aristocrat - the first since Diana Spencer, I think.
Is he really considered an Aristo?

LaRae
Old 09-26-2019, 11:10 AM
Courtier

Congratulations!

I think we need a wedding tiara guessing thread, it's fun doesn't?
Old 09-26-2019, 11:11 AM
Serene Highness

Congrats to Bea.

I will be honest that Edo doesn't give me the best vibes, but nonethless, well wishes.

Eugenie took lovely pics of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Is he really considered an Aristo?

LaRae
I am also confused as to why its a good thing worth commenting on that he is some sort of aristo? Surely we've moved past the times where that actually means or counts for anything special...
Old 09-26-2019, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

I hope they both will be very happy. It's always fun to have a royal wedding to look forward to, so let the wedding dress/attendants/tiara speculation begin!
Old 09-26-2019, 11:16 AM
Serene Highness

We know Edo is Italian and English but for the Danish readers of this forum, his father's maternal grandmother, Betty (Jeppesen) Stoppani, was born in Thisted, Denmark on 28 August 1896.

Here's a link to her baptismal record:
Thisted parish, Hundborg, Thisted - Churchbooks
Old 09-26-2019, 11:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Congratulations, Beatrice and Edoardo!

Another royal wedding to look forward to.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-26-2019, 11:39 AM
Majesty

And both sisters will have mothers-in-law named Nicola!
Like both Princesses of Sweden have mothers-in-law named Eva.
Old 09-26-2019, 12:03 PM
Nobility

Is he a Catholic?
Old 09-26-2019, 12:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Unknown what faith Edo is if he adheres to any.

LaRae
Old 09-26-2019, 12:32 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsrichie View Post
Even more from the photographer!

https://twitter.com/search?q=misanharriman
Those black/white photos of Edo/Bea are stunning and romantic...right up there with the black and white engagement photos of Harry and Meghan!

Wow.

ETA: The groom does indeed have an aristocratic background, but more important he seems besotted with Beatrice and he is extremely successful(financially). He can "buy" her financial independence from Charles and later William if need be. He is also very easy on the eyes.

I have always viewed Beatrice and her sister as Royal underdogs and this news gives me a great deal of satisfaction for Team York.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968