The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-02-2019, 07:05 PM
Majesty

While we are waiting for more news of the wedding, the next best thing is the groom's family. What a soap opera-even though a very posh one!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-02-2019, 07:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Yikes..Edo's father has had four wives?!
Three that I know of:
(1) 1978 - Nicola Burrows (Edo's mother), divorced
(2) 1994 - Fiona M. Wilson
(3) Ebba Margaretha Antonie von Eckermann

But he was wife #3's fourth husband.

Old 10-02-2019, 07:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Yikes..Edo's father has had four wives?!
No, it seems he had three. His third wife had four husbands...

Edo's mother is currently married to her third husband as well. However, her second husband died about 8 years ago. So, she divorced only once.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Apparently Alex and Ebba had a company together but as from 2016 Ebba become the sole owner and changed her name back to von Eckermann (see here); so this could be her fourth and his third divorce (if they indeed divorced but that seems the most likely explanation).

And if so, formally I would say she is no longer his stepmother, nor are her children out of either one of her previous marriages his stepsiblings.
I believe you're right. Her mother's 2018 death announcement lists Margareta [Ebba goes by her middle name] without a spouse but her brother Hans is listed with his wife Kerstin.

https://www.svd.se/dodsannonser#/Cas...on%20Eckermann

The guest list just got smaller....
Old 10-02-2019, 09:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Does Edoardo's mother have any brothers and sister?
Old 10-02-2019, 09:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Does Edoardo's mother have any brothers and sister?
She has one older sister, one younger brother, and one younger sister:

#1 Carolyn Elizabeth Burrows (born 1954 died 2015) married 1976 to Graham N. Peck

#2 Richard D. Burrows (born 1959)

#3 Philippa A. Burrows (born 1965) married 1991 to Mark David Wiggin

More about Philippa: Person Page
Old 10-02-2019, 10:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
Three that I know of:
(1) 1978 - Nicola Burrows (Edo's mother), divorced
(2) 1994 - Fiona M. Wilson
(3) Ebba Margaretha Antonie von Eckermann

But he was wife #3's fourth husband.
Anything known of this second wife? I have found no mention of her outside your posts.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:43 PM
Royal Highness

No one has answered whether or not Edo speaks Italian. I haven't found any mention in his bio details online. I would suspect that he does speak Italian. It's not unusual for many well-educated Europeans to speak multiple languages.

Edo's Instagram includes some great photos of the properties he develops and sells:
https://www.instagram.com/edomapellimozzi/?hl=en
Old 10-02-2019, 11:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Anything known of this second wife? I have found no mention of her outside your posts.

I'm attaching my source. I know nothing else about her.

EDIT: Just found another website that mentions Fiona Mapelli Mozzi:
https://angloeuropeanstudbook.co.uk/...-mapelli-mozzi
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wilson.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	301905  
Old 10-02-2019, 11:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
No one has answered whether or not Edo speaks Italian. I haven't found any mention in his bio details online. I would suspect that he does speak Italian. It's not unusual for many well-educated Europeans to speak multiple languages.

Edo's Instagram includes some great photos of the properties he develops and sells:
I asked the same questions and got no answer, but my guess based on Edo's education, background and social circle is that he is probably at least proficient in the Italian language.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-03-2019, 02:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:

But it's unfortunately not uncommon for many well educated British people not to speak anything but English. I have a friend who has a similar family history except Swedish and French and she speaks neither fluently but is highly educated and has relatives in both countries etc. I might be doing him a big disservice but I don't think it's a given. It's one of the areas British people/the education system gets lazy compared to our continental counterparts, even if connections. Especially if he hasn't spent a lot of time with his father compared to his step father, I believe there were rumours about that when they first started dating.
Old 10-03-2019, 04:16 AM
Royal Highness

Sure, the same is true of English-speaking Americans.
Old 10-06-2019, 02:29 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
The British media loves to put a label on people. By labelling him an "Italian tycoon" they're just preparing for a narrative they'll use against him for the rest of his life.
See also 'Phil the Greek' who, while born in Greece is as British as tweed. Having lived here since he was 7 and been in the British armed services.
Old 10-06-2019, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I think he's just as likely to speak French or Spanish as he is to speak Italian.
He grew up in the UK; probably has visited Italy and has some relatives there but doesn't have a home there.