Duties and Roles of Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie 1: Discussion Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These princesses are free to to go to social occasions, and is befitting that royal princesses go to parties, which must surely be one of several way of meeting people and possibly potential husbands. We should not begrudge others from going to parties, for there is a limit to happiness (such as from drinking and dancing) derived from partying which is surely reached by all whether common or royal. In other words royalty and common people are equally happy at parties.

Sure thing and if they want to come to G-A-Y or Heaven and have a bop with me then I'd shake my funky tail feathers with 'em tomorrow but I sort of think that when I have to work to afford my partying, they could at least make an effort to do the same.

Then obviously your complaint is with the CASH that they have, not necessarily the position they hold. There are a number of Commoners who are extremely wealthy and whose children do not work as well, all over the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if I see a poll like the one lately from Discovery Channel where the questioned 18 to 24 year olds believe that the RF is not offering value for money, then I doubt these youngsters think of hard-working princess Anne or even her more lazily inclined brother Andrew - for them these Royal dinosaurs probably don't exist.

I believ they formed their opinion on the princes and princesses of their age and gosh, I believe, too, that these kids are not worth the title TRH eith the life they live at the moment. I'm sure that will change at least for William and Harry is doing a good job as a young officer, but still they are spending much more than their wages and other youngsters obviously feel that's not right.

While those young debutante princesses should either decide to get rid of their HRH and start living like the "ordinary" daughters of a duke or behave with the decorum fit or young princesses. There are enough Innes-Ker, FitzRoy, Montagu-Douglas-Scott or Percy-girls around and nobody bothers with them because that's the way it is with duke's daughters, but when it comes to a duke's daughter with a style of HRH the opinion is different. IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then obviously your complaint is with the CASH that they have, not necessarily the position they hold. There are a number of Commoners who are extremely wealthy and whose children do not work as well, all over the world.

As if I don't know that. Look at it this way. Edward VIII was a party Prince of Wales and the people stomached it because nobody expected the Royal Family to do anything else. Nowadays, things are a little different and the idea of Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie being perfectly formed by God who may never be criticised is so alien to the modern British psyche that it's not only silly to expect that archaic attitude to exist but it's actually quite insulting to the intelligence of the British people to put up with a Royal Family that constantly takes without giving anything. Now, thankfully that hasn't happened yet but put aside the Queen, the DoE, the PoW, the DoC and the Princess Royal and what have you got - William, Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie. The future big four. And what are they doing? Nothing. They're partying but there's no substance. Nobody minds if they do party every night if during the day, they visit a hospital or two, or visit a school. If Princess Anne goes out for a meal with a friend or if she started going to Claridges for tea every week, I can promise you that nobody would complain. Why? Because she earns her keep. She works hard and so she's entitled to enjoyment - that's something the British have always been keen on. Beatrice and Eugenie have to accept that.

Now, thankfully that hasn't happened yet but put aside the Queen, the DoE, the PoW, the DoC and the Princess Royal and what have you got - William, Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie. The future big four. And what are they doing? Nothing.

Prince William and Prince Harry are officers in the Army, and are doing what are expected as princes. Prince William is thought to be going to the RAF to familiarize himself with the armed forces, in preparation for his future. Prince Harry, it seems, is becoming established as a career officer. As for the two princesses, as I have said Princess Eugenie is still at school, and we cannot expect any more until she has completed her education. Princess Beatrice had recently left school, and it appears, still yet to find herself either a place in university, a career, or perhaps business. I can expect no more, and it would be presumptous to make suggestions for a junior royal. As far as I am concerned, at this time, we should allow her to decide for herself what she wants to do with her life - she may well be advised by others within the royal family and by her confidantes.

I can expect no more, and it would be presumptous to make suggestions for a junior royal.

Uh, huh... I am not sure you found the right forums if you have that view on the monarchy. We love to make suggestions and we enjoy to be presumptous but most of all we all know better, I'm afraid.... :flowers::D

---SNIPPED----While those young debutante princesses should either decide to get rid of their HRH and start living like the "ordinary" daughters of a duke or behave with the decorum fit or young princesses. There are enough Innes-Ker, FitzRoy, Montagu-Douglas-Scott or Percy-girls around and nobody bothers with them because that's the way it is with duke's daughters, but when it comes to a duke's daughter with a style of HRH the opinion is different. IMHO.
I agree with you, I feel that they should have to drop the HRH. I do not have a problem with whether they earn a living, many people, young and old are in the privileged position of not having to earn their crust, (we still have to pay tax though)!

I don't care that their father pays for their upkeep, but if they want to use the HRH, that is what they need to earn.

Drinking vodka through the nose is exprected from British princes? I didn't know that... ;)
All experiences are ... good? even for the British princes...

What duties they have? How many times they spend doing these duties?

Last edited:
Drinking vodka through the nose is exprected from British princes? I didn't know that... ;)

If you provide me with a newspaper article or other reputable source, then I will believe you!

At least these two princes are not wasting time. They are multi-millionaires, and would not be obliged to work. The point is, they are working. They even subject themselves to the discipline of serving in the armed forces. I won't labour the point that I am making here. Most royals these days are making good use of their time.

... I thought this thread was about Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie! (I will get back on topic!)

Last edited:
If you provide me with a newspaper article or other reputable source, then I will believe you!

What do you mean? A source for the fact that prince Harry drank vodka through the nose? But there's even a video on youtube.com... Must look up Prince Harry's thread for the link, if that is what you want to see.

haven't found the video yet, maybe I imagined it because the media said there was a video, but here are pics: Prince Harry booze-snorting video shame | News | News of the World

Last edited:
I don't think the question here is whether or not it's appropriate for young princes (or princessess) to be out partying or whether Pss B & E should drop their HRH titles. I think the underlying question is what really is the role of a prince or princess in an era when things like monarchy and kings and queens are not only viewed by many as ridiculously obsolete but no longer garner the respect and adoration they once did. What exactly is Pss Beatrice supposed to be doing right now? She's on break from school. She's visited some of her parents' charities. She's travelled to visit other cultures. She goes to parties like all young women her age, rich or not. She's having fun. She's 20 years old. If she were 30 it would be a different story. It must be awfully confusing to be a member of a royal family nowadays. They're surrounded by ancient rituals and strict protocol. Yet they're treated more like Hollywood celebrities than representatives of their respective countries. The luxury and priviledge must be nice but I still wouldn't want a life where I'm stuck in a fishbowl where every bad hair day or gained pound is remarked upon and analyzed, often unfavorably. I recall an interview years ago w Prince Charles where he said something to the effect that he's most happy on his farm and that if it weren't for the fate of his birth, he'd have been a farmer and would have enjoyed it very much. Instead, he's basically waiting for his mother to die, trapped in a royal limbo of which there is no escape. No thanks. Perks and wealth and royal bloodlines can on the surface seem to offer everything, but how many royals were not really happy, Princess Margaret coming immediately to mind. We all have our crosses to bear, even royals. If you stop to think about it, we all have more freedom than they do. And alot more opportunities in life. I dont' think we should judge the young royals too harshly just yet.

I don't think the question here is whether or not it's appropriate for young princes (or princessess) to be out partying or whether Pss B & E should drop their HRH titles.
While they are living off of the privilege of an HRH, they should live up to a standard.

It is very much about whether they deserve the HRH. They are doing nothing to support the monarchy, they like their father are being seen as leeches.

What exactly is Pss Beatrice supposed to be doing right now? She's on break from school. She's visited some of her parents' charities. She's travelled to visit other cultures. She goes to parties like all young women her age, rich or not. She's having fun. She's 20 years old. If she were 30 it would be a different story.

I think an interesting question might be what charities/duties could we envision for these young princesses? From a young age they're used to attending the official events, but it might be neat to get some royal training alongside their studies and while doing what other people their age do.

Princess Anne started doing public engagements on her own after she turned 18, but then, she did not go to university.

Visiting the charities of her parents, for Pss Beatrice, seems like a good start. :flowers:

Visiting the charities of her parents, for Pss Beatrice, seems like a good start. :flowers:
It would be if, the one or two she has attended were anything other than celeb evenings. The chance to dress up, be a mini mummy and have her photo taken in whichever disaster of an outfit she is wearing this time. :cool: Like her mother, she does not need the HRH to do that.

OK, PLEASE help this American to understand the nuances involved in British social life here.

Say that Beatrice and Eugenie decided today "hey, I don't want to live a Royal life, I want some privacy, I want to do what everyone else takes for granted. Here, here is my HRH, I don't want it." They did whatever is required to "offically" surrender that, OK?

What happens next, what ACTUALLY changes in their life? Do they REALLY get real, true privacy? Can they then walk down the streets without being followed by photographers, etc? What privileges and rights would they no longer enjoy? They would STILL be the ruling Monarch's granddaughters, like Princess Anne's children, they don't have the HRH, right?

Well, if it did happen, they'd be treated the same as Zara Phillips. They'd be expected to get some kind of profession and they'd probably know the warm glow of self-respect knowing they'd risen from the ranks of leechdom.

Well, if it did happen, they'd be treated the same as Zara Phillips. They'd be expected to get some kind of profession and they'd probably know the warm glow of self-respect knowing they'd risen from the ranks of leechdom.

That is just my point and this is probably a cultural difference, I guess? To me, IF you are independently wealthy and NOT on public welfare and living off of my tax dollars, I really don't care if you work or not or what you do or do not do. We are very big on that here in the US, if GENERIC you want to take the chance and get a pistol and rob the local convenience store for the cash to pay your rent, as long as you are not asking me to pay it for you, I don't care. Should you get caught and I am on your jury, I will put your behind in a prison cell for decades though, IF I find you guilty.

But the Royal Family aren't independantly wealthy diamondbrg. Their wealth comes from us. I think there's also the fact that Bea and Eugenie are not JUST rich girls, they're rich girls who could possibly become our monarch and that's worrying if all they could bring is a list of clubs.

But the Royal Family aren't independantly wealthy diamondbrg. Their wealth comes from us. I think there's also the fact that Bea and Eugenie are not JUST rich girls, they're rich girls who could possibly become our monarch and that's worrying if all they could bring is a list of clubs.

Beeatrixfan

That gives me pause for thought and I want to take some time to carefully consider what you said. I did not however want you to think that I was just ignoring you.

No problem. :flowers:

You have a point, should Princes Charles, William and Harry be together and killed say in a natural disaster, then Prince Andrew would be the presumptive heir(?) and his daughters in the immediate line of succession? A Monarch certainly has VERY SPECIAL considerations that must be evaluated carefully.

You see, the Queen is respected because she's always been that bit above us. But when Beatrice and Eugenie are no different from council estate chavs, how could they be respected as monarch? Thats my main gripe with them and ok they're at school but why are they at school? What good will that do them when they're supposedly headed for a life of wandering out of cinemas and saying "Such a lovely film" in true Queen Mother style.

I think some are judging the girls rather harshly

Eugenie is still school! Her job is to do her homework and study for exams. Beatrice isn't much older. She's on a break before university. I know lots of regular people who took a year out for travelling etc.

As a side note, Prince Andrew was second only to the Princess Royal in the number of engagements in 2007. I say he's trying to earn his keep.

But why does she need exams? It isn't as if she'll ever need to go for a job interview.

A good portion of all their lives is pretense. "They" join the army to never fight, if there is a fight. They go to school to be educated, but if they pass or fail means little, except a measure of the brains, as they will seek no job, bigger than cutting ribbons and opening meat markets. Yes, they sponser charities, but they don't soil their hands in the efforts. There is always someone to do that for them. Banal existances.

Well said Countess. It's all rather shallow.

Well of course it is. I was educated but I'm unemployed so what good was it to me?

Well of course it is. I was educated but I'm unemployed so what good was it to me?

Beatrixfan

You have your ENTIRE life ahead of you, YEARS AND YEARS, you will get a job, one that you enjoy and find useful. I would propose to you that you have something that Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth DOES NOT and that is PRECISELY THOSE FUTURE YEARS. You cannot BUY those with wealth or secure them with power and influence. KWIM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom