Duties and Roles of Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie 1: Discussion Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think that gradually the girls.will be more visible. But yes you are right. How much if the royals will they pick up.

The fact that she smiles and talks to people in a friendly manner is hardly a reason to assign her multiple motorcycles and phalanxes of bodyguards. I think you're having me on.
The Princess Royal is the best example of why the BRF have protection. She was almost kidnapped.

The Princess Royal is the best example of why the BRF have protection. She was almost kidnapped.
That and Lord Mountbatten who was murdered together with his grandson. Up until the Good Friday agreement in 1998 all those living in the United Kingdom lived under threat from the IRA, the Royal family especially.

:previous: And I guess you could add Princess Diana's situation in the "reasons to have protection" list too. The list is endless when you come from such a famous family.

You obviously know nothing about her and are trying for reactions from other posters.
She is very well respected in the UK, we like her work ethic, duty, and yes her clothes. She is straight to the point and will not have any time for nonsense.

Not only is she respected in the UK but throughout the Commonwealth.

I'm the same age as Beatrice and have never been a fan of any of the York family.

However I do think that the way the way Beatrice and Eugenie have kept a low profile and managed to hold down jobs for the last few years should be praised.

Likewise, Beatrice's wedding is a great example of prudence. If Harry and Meghan followed Beatrice's example they may actually be able to live the low key lives they claim to want, as the public and press would have nothing to criticise.

The fact that she smiles and talks to people in a friendly manner is hardly a reason to assign her multiple motorcycles and phalanxes of bodyguards. I think you're having me on.

Have you seen Princess Anne arrive for an official event. I have and I can say there were no "phalanxes of bodyguards" nor "multiple motorcycles". I think she may have had one police car accompany her (though I think that was from one part of the local area to another) and there was one or two bodyguards with her (well I assume they were bodyguards).

Here is an example of Anne arriving at an official event, I see at most 2-3 bodyguards and one police motorbike.

I believe she is quite pragmatic about security, I think she once said Zara even as a high profile sportswoman didn't need it as she didn't do public duties that were notified in advance. I think its only right she is protected in some way when undertaking "official" and "public" duties. Security for her and the Queen's other siblings has been scaled back over time as the threat against them diminishes and I would be surprised if Anne has around the clock protection in the way the Queen, Charles and the Cambridges do and I doubt she has bodyguards with her when she and Tim go off sailing for weeks in Scotland.

Edit - here is Anne saying just that at the 5.13 mark.

There was a recent Channel 5 documentary on Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, which focus about the Princesses lives and how they were affected by their parent's action. Towards the end of the documentary, one of the commentator mentioned that Beatrice and Eugenie could be stepping up to the plate given that there were four senior working royal members down recently. The documentary itself was released on Channel 5 at 17th October 2020, but it's only published a week ago on Youtube

Introduction and promo from Channel 5
https://www.channel5.com/show/beatrice-and-eugenie-the-pampered-princesses/

I've never been much of a fan of these sisters but I'm impressed with how they are having normal jobs and families while still being princesses. This is exactly the sort of lifestyle the Sussexes should have been allowed to have.

Not bringing anyone into this thread besides Beatrice and Eugenie or the thread will close down quicker than an egg fries on the sidewalk in hot weather.

These girls have never been nor were they expected to be working royals for the family "Firm". They've really had the best of both worlds throughout their lives in that respect. They're well known and well loved members of the Queen's family yet they also have their own private lives and their own private careers and don't face the intense scrutiny that other members of the working royal family have faced through the years.

I've never been much of a fan of these sisters but I'm impressed with how they are having normal jobs and families while still being princesses. This is exactly the sort of lifestyle the Sussexes should have been allowed to have.

The Sussex's didn't want that kind of life though. They wanted to make money from being royal and attend the big events for their charities but not do the mundane work of minor royals.

What the Queen did was say 'you can't use HRH to make money' which is the same as the York girls - they don't use HRH at work. They also only attend the large family events, and I suspect they will even do less and less of that once Charles is King with his 'smaller royal family'. I am not even convinced they will attend his coronation or any events at all once he is King.

Not bringing anyone into this thread besides Beatrice and Eugenie or the thread will close down quicker than an egg fries on the sidewalk in hot weather.

These girls have never been nor were they expected to be working royals for the family "Firm". They've really had the best of both worlds throughout their lives in that respect. They're well known and well loved members of the Queen's family yet they also have their own private lives and their own private careers and don't face the intense scrutiny that other members of the working royal family have faced through the years.
I think that Beatrice was expected to be a working royal along the same lines that The Queen's cousins became working royals.

I think that Beatrice would have been in / or close to being a teen when the concept of the slimmed down monarchy was introduced. And even thouygh introduced, I can see it not necessarily be accepted as a done deal, especially since The Queen's reign was expected to continue for decades. What took a while to sink in (IMO) was that The Queen deferring to Charles.

I think both Eugenie and Beatrice enjoy their lives and I doubt are disappointed in not being working royals. They both have families now and are living happy lives.

I think both Eugenie and Beatrice enjoy their lives and I doubt are disappointed in not being working royals. They both have families now and are living happy lives.

Agreed, though I think we will see them more next year due to the Platinum Jubilee events

It's time to close this thread. You can find the new one here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom