Duties and Roles of Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie 1: Discussion Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for that Iluvbertie. I am aware on the Queen and Duke of E get money from the government and the Queen pays for the members who do Royal Duties that is what I meant by Royal Payroll. So the CC is the what to watch. I don't really see things changing for Beatrice or Eugenie or they would off been doing a lot more by now. Charles isn't going to come right out and say he won't include Bea and Eugenie but he has made it clear he wants things streamlined he has done interviews where he has talked about a smaller Royal Family. I don't think he will go into detail out of respect for Queen it's probabaly an awkward conversation I mean he can't do what he wants until she has passed away. And no one likes to talk about that I for one hope the Queen lives till 100. We are also getting a lot of stories about Andrew and his wishes for them to have a Royal role, we all know that some Royals use the press Charles has for years and I'm sure others have too. The stories are coming from somewhere and while the press make up a lot this has been around for several years and Charles has made no effort to show any different. I don't think Harry needs to rush leaving his career, Andrew was in the Navy for years and did duties, raised a family etc. If it makes Harry happy I don't see Charles asking him to give it up especially as eventually he will be down the ladder further when Catherine and William have their 2 kids. Maybe they will have more? Until things change or someone gives an interview clearing things up no one will really know the truth. (sorry for the spelling errors I was in hospital yesterday! Not 100 per cent but getting there)

That is really interesting cos many on here have been trying to track this comment down. Can you give the sources of this?

When she went to Germany it was said that she was using her holiday time to go and her employer was ok with her doing that and that Eugenie has an internship.

It was reported last year that Beatrice had a job with a venture capital firm in London but the name of the firm has never been announced.

Internships are full-time - unpaid.

My understanding is that Beatrice has a full-time paid job and that Eugenie is still doing internships.

Yes, I know that's what was said! But is it true?

I think it's a bit odd that no one seems to know exactly what company Beatrice works for. (Also, she seems able to get away any time she likes.)

Yes, I know that's what was said! But is it true?

I think it's a bit odd that no one seems to know exactly what company Beatrice works for. (Also, she seems able to get away any time she likes.)

Perhaps the name is not mentioned to stop paps loitering outside - that's what happened when Catherine working at Jigsaw went public.

A number of papers have said it so IMO its correct.

In the UK, everyone gets a minimum of 15 working days holiday plus 8 national holidays.

Generally, as long as you give the required notice and it does not impact on the business you can take it when you like. This is particularly the case in office based companies. So, generally speaking, she is able to get away when she wishes.

Perhaps the name is not mentioned to stop paps loitering outside - that's what happened when Catherine working at Jigsaw went public.

Yes, but it did go public!
So did the name of the company Peter Phillips worked for.
In this day and age it is impossible to keep such information a secret, so I still say it's very odd that no one seems to know where Beatrice works.

In this day and age it is impossible to keep such information a secret, so I still say it's very odd that no one seems to know where Beatrice works.

Is where Peter Phillips works in the public domain?

It was announced that he worked for the Bank of Scotland, although he quit that last year. He also moved to Hong Kong to work for sometime.

The think with Beatrice it that it is perfectly possible that not identifying where Beatrice is working is also tied to the firm itself - it might have been part of the employment deal - to allow their workers and the business to go about their and its business without undue publicity.

I see no reason for it to have been announced at all and actually respect the people that she is working with for not making it public so that everyone can go about their business normally.

The think with Beatrice it that it is perfectly possible that not identifying where Beatrice is working is also tied to the firm itself - it might have been part of the employment deal - to allow their workers and the business to go about their and its business without undue publicity.

I see no reason for it to have been announced at all and actually respect the people that she is working with for not making it public so that everyone can go about their business normally.

It doesn't matter whether anyone announced it, or made it public- the press would know! They always find out everything and never hold back on publishing that information. So I repeat, it seems odd.

It doesn't seem odd at all. The press don't always know. They may also have been told and told why it isn't appropriate to make it public - like how bad it will look for them who have been calling for the girls to work at real jobs to reveal where she is working and then have her sacked - because they made it public. They wouldn't be able to sell that one.

Hey we have said for years the girls should have real jobs and here is the proof that they have them - Beatrice is working for xxxx

Sorry - Beatrice was sacked because we told the world where she worked.

Now what is she to do - she can't work because we will tell the world and they will sack her so what is left - a life of royal duties.

^^ But why would she be sacked if the name of the company is made public?

If it is part of the employment contract she would be sacked if it was made public.

It is very possible that the company don't want it advertised that she was working there and put such clause in the contract.

^^ But why would she be sacked if the name of the company is made public?

Would you want a bunch of paps hanging around outside your office doors, staff being hassled by the press to sell stories about what it is like to work with a princess, press going through office garbage to find anything related to her work, etc??

That seems a bit far-fetched; surely any such company would be inclined to trumpet their royal connection!

Why else do clubs, businesses, organizations want a royal on the masthead?
They never keep it quiet, they always flaunt it.

Last edited:
That seems a bit far-fetched; surely any such company would be inclined to trumpet their royal connection!

Why else do clubs, businesses, organizations want a royal on the masthead?
They never keep it quiet, they always flaunt it.

I have an employee from an Italian princely family (nobility). A couple of years ago she returned to Italy for some family event which made news in Italy. A local reporter in Toronto got wind of it and showed up at our offices along with tv camera crew and wanted to interview her. I declined to give permission. Shortly after I was advised that they were outside bothering staff who were on break, asking questions, taking pics etc. In the end I relented and allowed them to interview her in the boardroom. I got crap from my boss for allowing it and was told I should have called the security or the police and had them shown off the property. It was a matter of privacy and not wanting staff with noteriety/celebrity linked to the corporate name.

What is odd is the press has not leaked the name of the company! Beatrice could have it in a contract but she doesn't control the press and if and when they want pictures of her coming and going from a job they will take them with or without her consent. I doubt it's in her contract that would make no sense it could be they have asked her to keep it quiet but they can hardly sack her if the press decide to let everyone know. We knew where Peter Phillips was working and when he moved so there must be some sort of deal between the Palace and the press. Only way to keep it quiet. Of course there could be a good reason to keep it quiet.............

What is odd is the press has not leaked the name of the company!

What if they don't actually know where she's working?

We knew where Peter Phillips was working and when he moved so there must be some sort of deal between the Palace and the press.

The last person to have deals with the press are the Phillip kids, Peter and Zara are practically public property with their grandmother as Queen. Hong Kong came out in his wedding deal I believe and RBS came out because of RBS scandal in the UK. Big news that the Queen's grandson had chose to leave the failing company.

The press would have followed Beatrice the follow just about everybody we get pictures of Beatrice out to eat, going to parties, with her boyfriend on holidays so I would find it pretty incredulous that they have no idea where Beatrice works. The press don't do anything for nothing William does certain things so the press will have pictures so the will leave alone at other times it doesn't always work but he has spoken about doing so in interviews as have the photographers who follow him. The photo sessions they do when they have their family ski trips spring to mind. They have said how he will talk to them first etc and how good he is at dealing with things. We got pictures of Bea at one of the internships ages ago or it could be the press are really not interested in her or her sister at all.

The press would have followed Beatrice the follow just about everybody we get pictures of Beatrice out to eat, going to parties, with her boyfriend on holidays so I would find it pretty incredulous that they have no idea where Beatrice works.

Out to eat, at parties, when she's on holiday is in the public domain. Beatrice could leave her home, in an ordinary car, drive to work, park in a car park and walk to her office or the company's office and no one would no the wiser. The press LOVE to slate these two girls, and there is no reason to have a deal with them. If a deal existed, I would have expecting The Yorks to give the press something in return, but nothing has come to light. No one on one interview, no pictures no new information.

The photo sessions they do when they have their family ski trips spring to mind.

I'm not sure which family you are talking about here, if it's the Wales' the last ski trip Charles, William and Henry went on was 2006 I think. If you're talking about the Yorks when they often celebrate certain birthdays abroad, their aren't any photo sessions, they are simply photographed walking to where they wish to ski.

What if they don't actually know where she's working?

If not the press leaking it - it's just odd that it has not appeared on Twitter with some fool who works in the area snapping shots of her going in and out of work.

If not the press leaking it - it's just odd that it has not appeared on Twitter with some fool who works in the area snapping shots of her going in and out of work.

Like I said there are ways to get to work without walking, like underground car park, elevator to office, and then you're inside. People she works with must have been told she's there and to keep quiet.

Exactly!
I find it incredible that someone hasn't mentioned it (Look how many times we've seen pictures of Pippa walking to work).

I still say there's something fishy about it. I wouldn't be surprised if the commentary is correct, and what Beatrice actually had was an internship that is now ended.

(I always thought it strange that she'd work in some venture capitalist firm when we were constantly told her main interests were in fashion and art).

Exactly!
I find it incredible that someone hasn't mentioned it (Look how many times we've seen pictures of Pippa walking to work).

I still say there's something fishy about it. I wouldn't be surprised if the commentary is correct, and what Beatrice actually had was an internship that is now ended.

(I always thought it strange that she'd work in some venture capitalist firm when we were constantly told her main interests were in fashion and art).

There are a of people (and I am sure you know some as well) who have an interest or majored in something in college, and that interest is not reflected in their work history.

Maybe I am missing something...is it a problem that no one knows where Beatrice is employed?

Has it not been suggested (in this very thread no less) that Beatrice is so far removed from throne (at number 5!) that she should get used have to having a low public profile, and thus should get a job. And she has appeared to have done so, and because we don't know where she works and in some form of her life (her professional work life at least) she flies below the radar at least in regards to the press........and yet its still an issue for some?

The girl can't win.

Last edited:
is it a problem that no one knows where Beatrice is employed?

I was just about to say the exact same thing. One minute she's too "out there" the next nobody knows where she is and it's "fishy". :bang::bang:

Hey we have said for years the girls should have real jobs and here is the proof that they have them - Beatrice is working for xxxx

Sorry - Beatrice was sacked because we told the world where she worked.

Now what is she to do - she can't work because we will tell the world and they will sack her so what is left - a life of royal duties.

I am afraid you are too optimistic about the press, Iluvbertie.
Did they ever agree Sorry-Diana was killed because we chased her like hell? noo.
You know wat they will do in Beatrice's case also..they will twist and turn the events finally shifting the blame to The Queen, the only one who is deprived of self-defence, while Sarah will again be busy crying on Oprah over her daughter's career, and also making a fat check and some celebrity luxury cruise/wedding invitations to parade Beatrice around as a consolation.
Even if the British mainstream press keeps quiet, will the tabloids or foreign ones do? They couldnt keep Harry's deployment a secret, even when his life is in potential danger..

Last edited:
Did they ever agree Sorry-Diana was killed because we chased her like hell? noo.

Why would they agree to something that wasn't true?
Bringing up Diana in this makes no sense however.

Even if the British mainstream press keeps quiet, will the tabloids or foreign ones do? They couldnt keep Harry's deployment a secret, even when his life is in potential danger..

Yeah because the foreign press care about where Princess Beatrice works. Henry's first deployment was exposed by an Australian newspaper who broke the media blackout that had been agreed with the British media.

Beatrice has been working for over 2 months now? We don't know where she works and it looks like it's going to stay that way.

Harry's deployment was broken by an Aussie women's magazine - and he wasn't pulled out for another 6 weeks - so it didn't actually stop his deployment.

Beatrice started working last October from the reports I have seen. So she has had a short break over Christmas and many financial businesses shut down completely during that period and the two days she worked, unpaid, for the government of the UK in Germany. The only other times we have seen her since October has been on weekends or at night.

But how do you know she is working at all?

You don't.
Neither does anyone else, from what I have observed.
That doesn't seem a bit strange to you?

You don't.

For goodness sake, it is not a matter for public debate. She is not a full time royal, she isn't even a part-time royal. There is no conspriacy but write to the palace if you think you should be told but here in the UK we aren't that bothered.

You don't.

And you don't know that she isn't.

I do know that there have been reports that she has a job and has been working - just not the name of the place where she is working. Even in the lead up to the visit to Germany is was reported that she was taking two days leave from her job to undertake that trip and that she was being briefed during her lunch breaks by people from the government.

You don't.

Why should we know? Nobody seems to be bothered by this except you.

Is where Peter Phillips works in the public domain?

It was announced that he worked for the Bank of Scotland, although he quit that last year. He also moved to Hong Kong to work for sometime.

Exactly my point. Nobody knows where Peter works. It has been a while since he worked at RBS. I know the rough area where he works as I often shop / lunch in the area and have seen him, but I have no clue exactly whio he works for. There are hundreds of offices in the area.

Similarly, it is perfectly possible (with some luck), that noobody really knows where Beatrice works. Some paps may have followed her from SJP to work, but I suspect the British press is refusing to publish the name.

IMO, where Bea works is not really a major story for now. If she sticks with the job for some time, I have no doubt the name will get out in the press eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom