Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand why they did not just make the marriage legal and then plan a wedding at some time in the indefinite future. A big fancy wedding and all the surrounding hoopla is does not make one married after all.

And what does make a marriage? Sharing a life together which they are doing.

How do you propose they get married?? Weddings even with no guests are banned. The registry office are closed. There is no legal way for them to get married in the UK, even without the big wedding.

It was obvious the wedding was cancelled a long time ago. They likely just announced it because they have been plagued with the questions.

This is not, even with their smaller guest list, the kind of wedding they can put back on if the ban is lifted in a few weeks. Florists, food and countless other things would need to be arranged once again. It was a foregone conclusion.

The couple will continue their lives together happily. And when things clear up and they can be married, they will have the wedding they dreamed. Either the same small one they originally planned, or a larger one since they had to put it on hold.

Do you think that Edoardo's mother might loan some jewels to Princess Beatrice for the wedding?

The wedding's now officially been cancelled. I don't know why this is even in the news, as it was sadly obvious weeks ago that it wasn't going to happen, but it's now official.

When I saw the news alert headline pop up on my phone I was shocked because I assumed they had decided to call the whole marriage off before reading the article! Not sure why it's news except it's apparently been officially confirmed to People and restrictions on weddings aren't the same in the US? The UK papers have been talking about a "bigger" party next year for a couple of days.

Or they were hoping the lockdown would end and they could have a limited number of guests in May and a big party later? And now that's officially off the table.

Given that the spokesperson confirms no change of venue or wedding size is planned, I assume the point of the statement was to deny the talk about a "bigger party".

https://people.com/royals/princess-...ls-her-royal-wedding-in-may-amid-coronavirus/

I can't believe the Palace asked them to hold off announcing it in case it got political. Pretty much anyone who had a wedding this year that I know, even if it's in July/August or later has cancelled it regardless of whether the lockdown was likely to still be in effect. More likely there would have been a big PR row if lockdown had ended this week and they announced they were now going ahead with as many guests as felt comfortable turning up.

It probably was cancelled a long time ago and this is just the official statement.
I think that while the situation in the UK and around the world speaks for itself, including the ban on marriages, obviously the media needed the Palace to actually say that Beatrice and Eduardo's wedding was "Cancelled" so they can spend the intervening months speculating on the state of their relationship and what the "cancelled" wedding really means.

I think that while the situation in the UK and around the world speaks for itself, including the ban on marriages, obviously the media needed the Palace to actually say that Beatrice and Eduardo's wedding was "Cancelled" so they can spend the intervening months speculating on the state of their relationship and what the "cancelled" wedding really means.

I wonder what other countries banned marriages. I only know of the UK but there might be others.

The couple are still together however, and though no wedding this year is no doubt a huge disappointment there is always next year or even the end of this year.

I've always felt that an Xmas wedding at Balmoral with a carpet of snow and a house party of guests would be extremely romantic. Won't happen I know, but I do think winter weddings with lashings of snow are beautiful. I attended one as a child and it looked spectacular though it was very cold.

Never even thought of it...not only does it sound romantic and beautiful and festive it seems very suited to Beatrice's 19th century Victorian tastes.?

I wonder what other countries banned marriages. I only know of the UK but there might be others.

In Ontario, Canada, you cannot obtain a marriage certificate right now as that office is closed.

I have friends who were going to get married in May. They decided to still have a pastor officiate their marriage that day, but have postponed the wedding celebrations until November.

I actually don't know if they have a marriage certificate or not. The certificates are valid for 90 days if you already have them. If not, you can't get one now.

A lot of couples are in this situation.

At least a wedding is something that can take place at a later date. There've been several articles in the papers about grandparents, aunts, uncles etc who aren't able to see newborn babies in person. Hopefully this will be over soon, but they'll never get that newborn stage back.

I don’t understand why they did not just make the marriage legal and then plan a wedding at some time in the indefinite future. A big fancy wedding and all the surrounding hoopla is does not make one married after all.

They can't get married.. there are legal barriers on having a wedding... they cuodl have married about a month ago, but it would have had to be just the 2 witnesses, the celebrant and the 2 of thtem. They did not take that option and then the rules changed.

I don’t know why they cancelled the wedding and didn’t just postpone it...they wouldn’t have needed to set a date for that.

I think cancelling the wedding that was supposed to happen on a certain date alludes to it being postponed until a further date to be announced. For example, I cancelled my doc appointment last week and it hasn't been postponed but rather I will have to totally schedule a new date and time.

Either way, its the wedding itself that has been cancelled and not the marriage plans. ?

I think cancelling the wedding that was supposed to happen on a certain date alludes to it being postponed until a further date to be announced. For example, I cancelled my doc appointment last week and it hasn't been postponed but rather I will have to totally schedule a new date and time.

Either way, its the wedding itself that has been cancelled and not the marriage plans. ?

Ok, that’s fair enough....makes sense. I don’t really follow the Yorks, but I certainly hope that Bea gets the wedding she hopes for. Isn’t his father sick right now? I hope he’s doing better...

Nothing's been said about his dad for a fortnight or so - but that's probably a positive sign, because we'd have heard if things had got worse. I think they've just said "cancelled" rather than "postponed" because they can't set another date yet.

I believe that New York state is now allowing people to get married by Zoom - the couple apply for the marriage licence on line, then link up with the minister/registrar by video link - but I'm not sure how many people are going to go for that!

Ok, that’s fair enough....makes sense. I don’t really follow the Yorks, but I certainly hope that Bea gets the wedding she hopes for. Isn’t his father sick right now? I hope he’s doing better...

I only know about Jack's parents being ill with Covid-19 (and his father hospitalized); where can I read about Edo's dad also being ill?

I don't think there is a difference between cancelling and postponing when the intention to still hold the wedding at some point has been made.

teh world cancelling does have an implication of "we're not going to get married" whereas postponing, means "wer're getting married but at a later date." However, at the moment, I don't think they can really plan ahead. They will probably put the wedding off for a year but it is all dependent on thngs like when lockdown will finish, how things are going in the UK etc.

Did the couple actually say from their own lips that their wedding was 'cancelled' or were words put into their mouths by tabloids who wanted a dramatic headline?

Wrong sister. Eugenies father in law was in the ICU and her mother in law was also sick but at home last we heard.

Nothing has been said about Alex Mozzi and his possible health. Seems the only real dad Edo had was Christopher though I’d think Edo would still have some emotion if Alex was ill.

I have no idea.. Im just going by what's said here. I think its obvious that they have to postpone it indefinteily.. its just common sense.

No-one can plan anything at the moment, unfortunately. Airlines and theatres are giving credit notes and saying you can book a flight for another date, or book a show that's due to be on later in the year, but who knows how it's going to pan out? I don't see that it really matters whether they said "cancelled" or "postponed" - they clearly still intend to get married some time, but they can't make plans at the moment. No-one can :-( .

Thanks. I know there is a topic on Edo's family (and about his limited relationship with his father); however, given that the latest post dates from October, I don't see any indication that he is ill.

So, I assume it is indeed a mix-up by Alison H between Jack's parents who reportedly have/had Covid-19 and Edo's father.

They were probably waiting to see if the next stage might have been a slackening of the lockdown, possibly allowing some more guests. They were not going ahead with 5.
That didn't happen , they cannot issue the invitations, so they need to cancel.
Is there really anything unexpected with this.

Thanks. I know there is a topic on Edo's family (and about his limited relationship with his father); however, given that the latest post dates from October, I don't see any indication that he is ill.

So, I assume it is indeed a mix-up by Alison H between Jack's parents who reportedly have/had Covid-19 and Edo's father.

Yes - sorry, brain fail !!

I don't know. It will be cold... the RF have their Christmas stuff, Unless it is a very quiet wedding..

What Christmas Stuff other than Christmas itself?

It does mean The Queen would have to come into London, an outside reception wouldn’t be ideal but there’s nothing to say it couldn’t happen.

Hard to predict as we never know when the pandemic will actually end.

They should just elope and do a celebration later on. If they want to be married, then be married.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom