Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After all that they’ve gone through, I expect them to get married later this year. A winter wedding.

After all that they’ve gone through, I expect them to get married later this year. A winter wedding.

Royals usualy opt for weddings in what passes for summer or Autum here... weather wise. And maybe they wll feel that they want to wait for nice weather and a bit of sunshine.

I think, outside in, it is probably difficult to tell when they will marry. Their own preference may well be to have a small, intimate family wedding as soon as reasonably practicable after the restrictions are lifted.

Postponing until November 20th (also a Friday) would be a wonderful way to honor her grandparents. :flowers:

:previous:
Princess Anne married Mark Phillips in November as well.

Unless Beatrice has her heart set on a Spring wedding, I don't see any reason to wait an entire year. (Assuming this doesn't last a year).

I would not be surprised to wake up one morning with an announcement from the Queen that Beatrice and Eduardo were married. So much has happened and now the virus, that the couple could feel to marry now and party later. I bet The Queen would agree. All MOO

I don't think we'll see that happen at all. The Queen announcing that Beatrice and Edo had married amid a total ban of all marriages wouldn't be received in any ways that are good. It would seem like this couple is "above the law" and recommendations and orders put into place to fight this virus.

Of course, it could be possible *if* Beatrice and Edo stood at the door of Windsor Castle (keeping with social distancing) with witnesses in various windows of the castle and the vicar in the approach to the castle and to assure the vicar's words were heard, six feet away from the vicar and six feet away from the castle door are very loud town criers. Beatrice and Edo then could blow kisses to each other. Andrew and Sarah could then set off fireworks from Royal Lodge celebrating the (somewhat) union. They could order take out to be delivered to the various rooms. I'd suggest Burger King as that's a somewhat "royal" meal.

Somehow, this doesn't come across as the type of wedding Beatrice and Edo would want. :D

Weddings are banned! Even if someone held a service, they wouldn't be able to register it, so it wouldn't be legal.

:previous: Good point! Didn't think of that one. ?

I am surprised it goes that far in the UK. As long as all participants feel well (no cough, no fever, no sore throat) and keep distance, desinfact hands, things can proceed. That even a simple addition into the Marriage Register (5 persons on a distance) is not possible, seems quite rigid. I wish Princess Beatrice and Edoardo good luck and wise counsel.

I would not be surprised to wake up one morning with an announcement from the Queen that Beatrice and Eduardo were married. So much has happened and now the virus, that the couple could feel to marry now and party later. I bet The Queen would agree. All MOO

How exactly? Weddings are banned. And I suspect they want a big wedding so they will wait till it is possible to hold one again

Why they don't officially announce the postponing?
Princess Raiyah of Jordan and her fiance did that - they postponed from April to (hypothetically) October.

Princess Raiyah of Jordan and her fiance did that - they postponed from April to (hypothetically) October.

I would imagine because they don't know when they will be able to get married, so what' would be the point. we know they will have to postpone...

They announced that they wouldn't hold the planned garden party and that they were contemplating whether they would want a more intimate wedding to go ahead (this was when that was still allowed); so, while some say they are fine to postpone, apparently, that wasn't as clear-cut for them. As they have no idea whether marriages will still be banned in about 2 months time, they might want to wait and see whether a small ceremony might be possible by the end of May and go ahead if possible; or decide to postpone closer to the date... That would be a very good reason not to announce a postponement now. There is no rush... And as long as a marriage ban is in place, everyone will no that there wedding is not taking place.

Last edited:
I suspect they think that certain elements of the media, naming no names (*ahem* - The Guardian) would start pontificating about how there are more important things to worry about and there's no need to make a public announcement when everyone knows the wedding's had to be postponed.

I suspect they think that certain elements of the media, naming no names (*ahem* - The Guardian) would start pontificating about how there are more important things to worry about and there's no need to make a public announcement when everyone knows the wedding's had to be postponed.

Exactly. Of course there's no need. Their wedding hardly affects the fate of nations... and I doubt if most people care when it takes place...

Does not Beatrice and Edoardo's future wedding date have to correspond with where the Queen will be at the time?

I can see why they wouldn't announce the new date now, in some ways its not the time (thought most of us would like some new news to talk about and recognise announcing it wont change anything Coronavirus related)

Maybe they are simply waiting to see when this all comes to an end to rearrange. I mean they know they can rely on a royal chapel and royal residence for the reception so its not like they have to book years in advance like a normal couple looking for a venue.

They announced that they wouldn't hold the planned garden party and that they were contemplating whether they would want a more intimate wedding to go ahead (this was when that was still allowed); so, while some say they are fine to postpone, apparently, that wasn't as clear-cut for them.

The statement which was given to reporters when weddings were still allowed (posted by Alison H in this post) read: "The couple will carefully consider government advice before deciding whether a private marriage might take place amongst a small group of family and friends." It is open to interpretation, but my impression was that the couple wished to proceed with a more intimate wedding provided that it would be safe, thus the reference to "government advice" about whether it "might take place".

I don't know if anyone saw something from one of the less reputable newspapers on the weekend. The Express I think it was, stating the Princess had changed her wedding plans for "even bigger event" after cancelling the day.

"Princess Beatrice is planning a bigger royal wedding for next year to lift the nations spirits", according to an insider.

I suspect its the usual made up trash that comes from some of the papers here. I suppose its not helping that her father, Prince Andrew, is under a cloud of suspicion. Regardless of when the wedding takes place and how big or small, public or private, I do hope she can have a lovely day, as any bride would wish for.

Last edited:
I see nothing wrong with them having an even bigger wedding after having to wait if it's true. I still think if it were me I would just want to get married so I'd have the rights of a wife in case one of them got sick.

The wedding's now officially been cancelled. I don't know why this is even in the news, as it was sadly obvious weeks ago that it wasn't going to happen, but it's now official.

When I saw the news alert headline pop up on my phone I was shocked because I assumed they had decided to call the whole marriage off before reading the article! Not sure why it's news except it's apparently been officially confirmed to People and restrictions on weddings aren't the same in the US? The UK papers have been talking about a "bigger" party next year for a couple of days.

Or they were hoping the lockdown would end and they could have a limited number of guests in May and a big party later? And now that's officially off the table.

I think they decided a long time ago to call it off for now but its just been announced. Maybe they only felt comfortable saying it now the government has extended the lockdown, maybe the Palace didn't want them to cancel if the government was going to lift the lockdown in case it looked like they were questioning the policy.

Who knows, not a surprise but at least now we know for sure. I wonder if they'll stick to the original plan or do something different now.

I think they decided a long time ago to call it off for now but its just been announced. Maybe they only felt comfortable saying it now the government has extended the lockdown, maybe the Palace didn't want them to cancel if the government was going to lift the lockdown in case it looked like they were questioning the policy.

Who knows, not a surprise but at least now we know for sure. I wonder if they'll stick to the original plan or do something different now.

I can't believe the Palace asked them to hold off announcing it in case it got political. Pretty much anyone who had a wedding this year that I know, even if it's in July/August or later has cancelled it regardless of whether the lockdown was likely to still be in effect. More likely there would have been a big PR row if lockdown had ended this week and they announced they were now going ahead with as many guests as felt comfortable turning up.

It probably was cancelled a long time ago and this is just the official statement.

The couple are still together however, and though no wedding this year is no doubt a huge disappointment there is always next year or even the end of this year.

I've always felt that an Xmas wedding at Balmoral with a carpet of snow and a house party of guests would be extremely romantic. Won't happen I know, but I do think winter weddings with lashings of snow are beautiful. I attended one as a child and it looked spectacular though it was very cold.

I think the most important and essential is that they are living together, the wedding is only the cherry on the cake.

They already announced that they cancelled their wedding party at Buckingham Palace. Had they been convinced that they didn't want to go through with the wedding at all, it would have been really easy to announce it all at once. The fact that they didn't but instead kept the possibility open to go through with a smaller wedding, seems to indicate that was truly an option for them.

I don’t understand why they did not just make the marriage legal and then plan a wedding at some time in the indefinite future. A big fancy wedding and all the surrounding hoopla is does not make one married after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom