Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dotn see why not. If everyone cancels and tries to put things off for a year there will be a huge number fighting for churches and venues then.

Because most people at least want their immediate family present, and are not in a rush. Couples live together and have lives together before the wedding.

Even if he doesn't care about not having his siblings there, what about his son? Wolfie cant be one of two witnesses at the wedding, he has to be old enough. Would either be happy with one parent there and no one else?

Beatrice and Edo don't have to worry about the venues being free like other couples.

Does Edoardo have any relatives residing in Great Britain that could be a witness for him?

For all his Italian title, Edo grew up in the UK as did his Italian father.

His mother lives with her third husband David Williams-Ellis in Oxfordshire, though they also have a house in Wales.

His half-brother Alby Shale seems to live in London. And his sister Natalia lives in Southhampton, Uk from what I can find.

No

They tried to use the Chapel at Windsor for Charles and Camilla but were told it needed to be licensed to hold weddings and once licensed it would have to be available for anyone who wanted to marry there for the next five years.

That wasn't the chapel.

They wanted to have a civil wedding at Windsor, not in a church. To have a civil wedding, the location had to be open to weddings for the next five years. That is why they married at the registrar's office.

They had their blessing at St George's which was the only religious aspect they planned.

People get married in time of war and pandemics all the time. During WWI they had a war and the Spanish flu. It didn't stop people from getting married. I think they should just go ahead and do it - they can have the "party" of a formal wedding later.

Which parent would you chose to go to your wedding? You mother or your father?

That is the choice that Beatrice would have to face - one parent and no Eugenie ... same for Edo - his mother or one of his siblings but no son (his guest would have to be over 18 in order to be the witness to the marriage and Wolfie is too young to do that).

People get married in time of war and pandemics all the time. During WWI they had a war and the Spanish flu. It didn't stop people from getting married. I think they should just go ahead and do it - they can have the "party" of a formal wedding later.

I guess most of the people you're talking about are ordinary members of the public. Beatrice is somewhat in the public eye, even if she is a lesser known member of the BRF - her wedding will still get coverage. It would give off the wrong impression to have a ceremony whilst the country is in lockdown - and may even be in total lockdown by the time they are meant to get married.

I guess most of the people you're talking about are ordinary members of the public. Beatrice is somewhat in the public eye, even if she is a lesser known member of the BRF - her wedding will still get coverage. It would give off the wrong impression to have a ceremony whilst the country is in lockdown - and may even be in total lockdown by the time they are meant to get married.

All the more reason to have a quiet ceremony, like some other people will probably be doing.. having a small wedding and a celebratation later.

As for other royal weddings - Princess Rayiah (who is two and a half years older than Beatrice) & her fiance Fares Ned Donovan have postponed hers to October.

I wonder what Princess Theodora of Greece & her fiance Matthew Kumar will do.

I wouldn't wish this on anyone but I am sure there will be stories of people who postponed their wedding only to have one partner get the virus and die. The surviving partner spends the rest of their life wishing they had gone ahead with the ceremony even with the restrictions. They could have the wedding, decide on their one witness each and later when this all calms down have a more formal service or vow renewal and a party.

I wouldn't wish this on anyone but I am sure there will be stories of people who postponed their wedding only to have one partner get the virus and die. The surviving partner spends the rest of their life wishing they had gone ahead with the ceremony even with the restrictions. They could have the wedding, decide on their one witness each and later when this all calms down have a more formal service or vow renewal and a party.

I cant' see the problem.. This wedding was always soemthign that would have been better as a relatively small private wedding. and while it would be nice to have the queen and some close family and friends there, all that is really necessary is the couple and the priest and a couple of people to witness. THey coudl choose one parent each.. and have a little quiet ceremony. They could always live stream it so that close family could watch.. and have the party later. everyting is so uncertain now, it might be a year before things get back to normal.....

I am sure there will still be weddings, if they keep to the small numbers..

Last edited by a moderator:
Beatrice is fortunate that she has open access to her venues. She can easily wait a few months. You want your wedding to be a happy day. Getting married now would just feel like there was a big cloud hovering over the celebration.

It's not like the war. This will not last for years. I don't think life will be back to normal by the fall, but I think it will have improved and they will be able to have a wedding with more than just 2 witnesses.

Beatrice is fortunate that she has open access to her venues. She can easily wait a few months. You want your wedding to be a happy day. Getting married now would just feel like there was a big cloud hovering over the celebration.

It's not like the war. This will not last for years. I don't think life will be back to normal by the fall, but I think it will have improved and they will be able to have a wedding with more than just 2 witnesses.

I think its worse in some ways than a war... we don't know when it will end, people are dying...and we are denied the comforts of social life and human contact which wasn't the case in wartime.

If they want to start a family go ahead with the small wedding. I would hate to see a shotgun wedding. Socialize at a later date, who knows when this will end and be safe for a party.

Making assumptions here that they are in a rush to have children. She is 32, not 38. Even if they want 2-3 kids they have plenty of time.

I am sure they can be cautious and not get pregnant in the next few months.

I still have to laugh everyone is 'oh they had to postpone so many times (no proof they did) they deserve to marry right away'. But what about 'they deserve the wedding they actually want, with all their loved ones there'.

A real unknown is whether either Beatrice or Edoardo will end up being sick with the virus all of a sudden - the same worry for their closest family.

Some couples would want to go ahead and some wouldn't. Beatrice could always televise the ceremony to guests who have to spill outside the church or guests who stay home. They could party after the virus has disappeared.

How would fourteen days of enforced lockdown look for 200 wedding guests?
Should the parents of the bride supply a virus test to each guest as a bomboniere or even with the invitation?
It's a waiting game.

A real unknown is whether either Beatrice or Edoardo will end up being sick with the virus all of a sudden - the same worry for their closest family.

Some couples would want to go ahead and some wouldn't. Beatrice could always televise the ceremony to guests who have to spill outside the church or guests who stay home. They could party after the virus has disappeared.

How would fourteen days of enforced lockdown look for 200 wedding guests?
Should the parents of the bride supply a virus test to each guest as a bomboniere or even with the invitation?
It's a waiting game.

Its not about 200 guests. Its about 3 or more guests.

Even with testing and containment, they cant have more then 2 guests at the wedding. The church wont allow any more then 5 people. After the vicar and the bride and groom, that's 2 guests.

If Edo or Beatrice die, it wont be any less painful if they were married. They live together and share a life together already.

Wow, only five attending a function in a church!
Is that all over the UK now? I am shocked!

Rules change fast. We, here, are confined to indoor groups of 100 or fewer with the venue needing four square metres per guest. Out door gatherings are fewer than 500 and people need to stay 1.5 metres apart. People who feel ill or have been tested or who have travelled from overseas need to isolate for up to fourteen days.
So, small and out door weddings are still occurring here in Australia. No kissing, shaking hands etc.(apart from with one's partner) makes for a different atmosphere.

No doubt our rules will adapt to be more like yours.

My prediction is that Princess Beatrice will postpone her wedding if there has been no huge improvement by the 20th April.

At the moment, you cannot plan anything. Nobody knows if a 'fairytale' wedding with 100+ guests will go ahead in October.
Plus, I predict economic hardship all across Europe, Britain will be hit extremely hard, and there is no way a member of the BRF will rub a lavish wedding into people's eyes without attracting massive critizism.
As hard as it sounds, the momentum for a wedding a la Harry or Eugenie, a major social event, especially with QEII and Philip present, has passed for a very long time, nobody knows when or if things will get back to 'normal'.

Wow, only five attending a function in a church!
Is that all over the UK now? I am shocked!

It is the regulation recently adopted by the Church of England, as Dalriada posted here. As five is the legal minimum (the officiant and two witnesses are required by law), it is in principle a wedding without any guests.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance for churches | The Church of England

With so many people rearranging, it's going to be hard to book nice venues, but at least Beatrice won't be competing with anyone else to get Buckingham Palace ;-) !

I dotn see why not. If everyone cancels and tries to put things off for a year there will be a huge number fighting for churches and venues then.

Are you certain that members of the general public have the right to host wedding receptions at Buckingham Palace without needing permission from the Queen? I never heard of that.

If Princess Beatrice and Edoardo do decide to marry now, do not have any news coverage about it. Do not state who the two witnesses are. Simply state they married on May 29th.

If Princess Beatrice and Edoardo do decide to marry now, do not have any news coverage about it. Do not state who the two witnesses are. Simply state they married on May 29th.

That's rather for them to decide, isn't it?

Are you certain that members of the general public have the right to host wedding receptions at Buckingham Palace without needing permission from the Queen? I never heard of that.

It was a joke, sorry. You definitely can't have your wedding reception at Buckingham Palace unless you're a senior member of the Royal Family!

I think it's definitely an option for them.;)

Last edited:
I think it's definitely an option for them.;)

Its an option, not a necessary one though. It wouldn't really matter if we knew who the two people were. If they said 'we decided to have our moms, or we decided to have a sibling stand up for us'. No one would judge.

Might be better they reveal who was there, so there is no 'they found a way to bend the rules and likely had a whole bunch of people there'.

If they are insistent on marrying now they could simply say 'we with our moms (or insert witnesses here) met with the vicar for a small ceremony. We will have a full wedding, ceremony and reception, in months to come.

Could even do a civil ceremony quickly, if they need the titles husband/wife right now, and then just have a religious later.

Going by the statistics

At the moment, you cannot plan anything. Nobody knows if a 'fairytale' wedding with 100+ guests will go ahead in October.
Plus, I predict economic hardship all across Europe, Britain will be hit extremely hard, and there is no way a member of the BRF will rub a lavish wedding into people's eyes without attracting massive critizism.
As hard as it sounds, the momentum for a wedding a la Harry or Eugenie, a major social event, especially with QEII and Philip present, has passed for a very long time, nobody knows when or if things will get back to 'normal'.

I agree with you. Sad for P Beatrice, although she hasn't made public the details of the wedding she wants.:sad:

This won't last for ever. A lot of couples have already cancelled their weddings. Once it's over, there'll be a big rush to get married, like there was at the end of the war, and people will be glad of something to celebrate. But we just don't know when that'll be.

I am also sad for Bea and Edo who has had many problems with this marriage.
But I believe that when this passes they can have the wedding they want.

It was a joke, sorry. You definitely can't have your wedding reception at Buckingham Palace unless you're a senior member of the Royal Family!

Back in the day Mariah Carrey tried to book Buckingham Palace for an album party. She also wanted to project pictures of butterflies all over it. She was told no.

Does Edoardo have any relatives residing in Great Britain that could be a witness for him?

His mother - who is British (she was even recognised for her work in David Cameron's retirement honours list).

I would also think his half-brother, both of whose parents are British.

Edo's father is Italian but his mother and his step-father are/were British and so he does have family in Britain and quite close at that.

His mother - who is British (she was even recognised for her work in David Cameron's retirement honours list).

I would also think his half-brother, both of whose parents are British.

Edo's father is Italian but his mother and his step-father are/were British and so he does have family in Britain and quite close at that.

His father is British too. He holds duel citizenship and skied for UK in Olympics. Though he does live in France and is estranged.

Alby lives in London. And from what I have read his sister Natalia and her husband live in Southampton where she is a chef.

Mom lives with husband three in Oxfordshire. David is an artist. His stepfather owns a manor in wales but like Villa Mozzi, it seems to be an inn now.

https://www.visitwales.com/product/510684

Its an option, not a necessary one though. It wouldn't really matter if we knew who the two people were. If they said 'we decided to have our moms, or we decided to have a sibling stand up for us'. No one would judge.

Might be better they reveal who was there, so there is no 'they found a way to bend the rules and likely had a whole bunch of people there'.

If they are insistent on marrying now they could simply say 'we with our moms (or insert witnesses here) met with the vicar for a small ceremony. We will have a full wedding, ceremony and reception, in months to come.

Could even do a civil ceremony quickly, if they need the titles husband/wife right now, and then just have a religious later.

The two witnesses could be declared. How about just one wedding picture of the bride and groom?

The two witnesses could be declared. How about just one wedding picture of the bride and groom?

Or five or none. Not sure what limiting amount of photos or hiding witnesses would do??? If they basically have a quick justice of the peace wedding and a proper wedding later, they may wait for photos for proper wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom