Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but it’s not just the bride. Alex Mozzi lives in France. It’s debatable he could make it over from France. Surely the dad of the groom gets some consideration.
I''m not sure he is that close with his biologiclal father. Edo didnt even bother to introduce Beatrice when they saw each other last autumn that says a lot on thier father-son relationship and his father only met his ex once or so says his dad when he did a self serving article for the DM usually I dont bother with the DM but Edo's dad seemed to have done some sort of interview with them. Heck, Eduardo has said his step father was more of a real father to him at his Step father's memorial service, that says a lot

Last edited:
I agree. And if she agrees to yet another delay, i hope she will decide to have the bigger wedding she had originally planned.

Really starting to feel sad and frustrated for Beatrice.:ermm:

Why? She's still going to be able to get married. She is wealthy enough to have a big party in 6 months time, when the whole Corona thing is over.. we hope. She's not goig to lose a deposit... Plenty of people have had to cancel or curtail weddings and other events.

I don't think she's thinking of her responsibilities as 'a princess' but more as a sensible human being.
I believe you are right. However, while the Reception at BP has been postponed indefinitely, nothing was said about the wedding itself which HM had given permission to be held in the Chapel Royal by St James Palace.

I''m not sure he is that close with his biologiclal father. Edo didnt even bother to introduce Beatrice when they saw each other last autumn that says a lot on thier father-son relationship and his father only met his ex once or so says his dad when he did a self serving article for the DM usually I dont bother with the DM but Edo's dad seemed to have done some sort of interview with them. Heck, Eduardo has said his step father was more of a real father to him at his Step ather's memorial service, that says a lot

Yes, indeed he said his stepfather was the "only" father he had ever known.

David Cameron’s friend Christopher Shale died of heart attack, say family - Telegraph

I believe you are right. However, while the Reception at BP has been postponed indefinitely, nothing was said about the wedding itself which HM had given permission to be held in the Chapel Royal by St James Palace.

The announcement quoted in message #1159 seems to indicate that if the wedding is not postponed it will be extremely downsized.

Well...quite. a family member was due to get married in a massive ceremony a week earlier. It's now been cancelled even though i did think a small ceremony would be the way to go but they obviously want the whole big thing. It depends what people want.

True.
Beatrice probably already has the dress, bridesmaid dresses, etc.
So really, she might want to wait for a larger wedding.

Otoh, she and Edo may have the tiny private ceremony, followed by a large party once life is back to normal.

Either choice is fine.

I hope the Virus has calmed down by May but I also hope that Beatrice, if she has a smaller wedding, might share the happy event via film for public viewing.

A garden party celebration can always happen later.

The Church of England has now said 5 people maximum for weddings - so that's just the couple themselves, the vicar, and 2 witnesses. 2 witnesses are required by law, so that's the legal minimum - it's not even possible to have all 4 parents there, never mind siblings and friends. I doubt they'll go ahead now. So sorry for everyone affected.

The Church of England has now said 5 people maximum for weddings - so that's just the couple themselves, the vicar, and 2 witnesses. 2 witnesses are required by law, so that's the legal minimum - it's not even possible to have all 4 parents there, never mind siblings and friends. I doubt they'll go ahead now. So sorry for everyone affected.

The CoE has limited all ceremonies including funerals in the days ahead:

https://www.churchtimes.co.uk/artic...-on-conduct-of-baptisms-weddings-and-funerals

No. They may be okay with small, but a wedding without even just their immediate family?? No. 5 people wouldn't even allow for Wolfie to attend, as he is too young to be a witness. I can't see them marrying with just a vicar and one parent a piece for witness.

Really there is no rush. And everyone 'its a shame she has to put on hold'. It would be worse if she didn't get the wedding she dreamed of. Its better she wait and get her dream wedding after all she has been through, then be rushed and only marry with 2 witnesses. Unless she suddenly becomes pregnant, and they want to be wed before its born, there is no real worry.

Maybe it's better to wait after all. I get the distinct feeling that Beatrice wanted to start a family very quickly as she will be 32 this summer and Edo will enter his late 30's in the Fall.

No one can say that this couple has not been tested. Hopefully it will all go well for them.:sad:

they could have Andrew and Sarah as witnesses and the 2 of them.. and the priest.

I hope Beatrice will not have to sacrifice everything she wants - just part of what she wants. What times we are in!!

they could have Andrew and Sarah as witnesses and the 2 of them.. and the priest.
And not Edo’s mother?
Better to have Andrew or Sarah for Bea, plus Edo’s mother for him.
The Priest, the couple, and 1 parent apiece = 5.

I thought you were emphasizing how much better it would be for them to just take one for the team so to speak, and just postpone the wedding?:cool:

I do feel for Beatrice - it'd seem like her wedding is cursed - unfortunate events she has no control over always seem to get in the way of her wedding planning. I hope she and Edo will still manage to have a wonderful day regardless of all the stress that must have gone into the planning process.

I thought you were emphasizing how much better it would be for them to just take one for the team so to speak, and just postpone the wedding?:cool:

I always thougtht they should have a small wedding.. And with the present crisis, I wold have thought that they might be happier to have a small private wedding with only a few people.. and celebrate later.

Isn't there a small Chapel at Windsor..St Margarets or something like that? Could work for a 'contained' small family/friend wedding.

LaRae

Isn't there a small Chapel at Windsor..St Margarets or something like that? Could work for a 'contained' small family/friend wedding.

LaRae

the C of E is only doing weddings with 5 people.. so any chapel should be able to accommodate that many....

I predict next year same time!!!
A lot of events are already canceled up till next year.

I can't see too many people wanting to get married with only 2 witnesses. Maybe they'll be able to rearrange it for later in the year, if things are better by then. With so many people rearranging, it's going to be hard to book nice venues, but at least Beatrice won't be competing with anyone else to get Buckingham Palace ;-) !

I would get married now, start with the babyprojekt and then have a party, when everything is back to normal...

I can't see too many people wanting to get married with only 2 witnesses. Maybe they'll be able to rearrange it for later in the year, if things are better by then. With so many people rearranging, it's going to be hard to book nice venues, but at least Beatrice won't be competing with anyone else to get Buckingham Palace ;-) !

I dotn see why not. If everyone cancels and tries to put things off for a year there will be a huge number fighting for churches and venues then.

The way I see it is that if they're living together already, they already have the "marriage" and the wedding is the celebration of what they already have. I would think that they'd postpone the celebration and just keep on keeping on as they're already doing. The celebration then could be inclusive of everyone that is important to them in a safe and healthy manner.

With this in mind and the CoE limiting weddings to 5 people is just not going to appease Bea and Edo's vision of a wedding, I do think they'll just put the wedding ceremony and reception plans on ice for now.

Does Edoardo have any relatives residing in Great Britain that could be a witness for him?

People get married in time of war and pandemics all the time. During WWI they had a war and the Spanish flu. It didn't stop people from getting married. I think they should just go ahead and do it - they can have the "party" of a formal wedding later.

Does Edoardo have any relatives residing in Great Britain that could be a witness for him?

He grew up in the UK, so I assume at least his mother lives in the UK.

The way I see it is that if they're living together already, they already have the "marriage" and the wedding is the celebration of what they already have. I would think that they'd postpone the celebration and just keep on keeping on as they're already doing. The celebration then could be inclusive of everyone that is important to them in a safe and healthy manner.

With this in mind and the CoE limiting weddings to 5 people is just not going to appease Bea and Edo's vision of a wedding, I do think they'll just put the wedding ceremony and reception plans on ice for now.
Given that they got relatively quickly engaged, I assume they are looking forward to having children. While Edo already has a child out of wedlock, I don't think that's what they are planning on this time. So, as I stated before, if that's what they are looking forward to AND it seems (by May) that it will be a long time before (slightly) larger weddings will be allowed they might as well get married. Postponement with a few months on the other hand might be an option.

People get married in time of war and pandemics all the time. During WWI they had a war and the Spanish flu. It didn't stop people from getting married. I think they should just go ahead and do it - they can have the "party" of a formal wedding later.
I agree. My grandparents (on one side of the family) were among those getting married in WWII. Luckily they did as unfortunately my grandfather died not that long after the war (due to a war-related health issue) - had they waited another few years, they would have missed out on a significant portion of the few years they ended up having together.

Last edited by a moderator:

LaRae

No

They tried to use the Chapel at Windsor for Charles and Camilla but were told it needed to be licensed to hold weddings and once licensed it would have to be available for anyone who wanted to marry there for the next five years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom