Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think too that when a couple is more well known and has a very wide circle of family, friends, acquaintances and business associates, it almost becomes a necessity to have different various functions for different categories of whom they wish to invite.

If they can afford it and that is what they really want to do, more power to them and party on! :D

My family is working class but there were always two receptions at weddings (this is in the UK). A sit down meal after the ceremony that was usually a smaller affair and just for really close family and friends and then an evening reception for a larger group.

As a child, I was never invited to the sit down meal when my cousins married (although my parents were) but always got to go to the evening reception. It was the norm for my friends as well. Having said that, the ceremony was usually at 3pm and so there wasn't a lot of hanging around between church, reception and evening do.

It would be a sweet gesture if Princess Eugenie and Jack hosted an evening reception for the bride and groom.

Where?? In their three bedroom cottage?

It would be sweet if Beatrice had no parents or even grandparents to host it. Sister as hostess? That’s more the sister hosting a hen party type of thing.

If they really want to avoid Andrew which I doubt is a concern here, one of the parents of the groom could be the official host. If they have the evening party the night of the wedding they could rent out a place in London to host. Edos mom is well connected from her late husband Christopher. Or they could have the Italian party everyone here seems to want later on hosted by Alex Mozzi at his family villa in Italy.

Beatrice certainly has a lot of wealthy friends and connections. Between her and Edo there is likely no issue if they want an evening party in London like Ella had. Only concern would be security for relatives that might go.

The impression I got with William and Kate's wedding was that having an evening do allowed the younger crowd to let their hair down. I'm sure the Queen and Prince Philip enjoyed boogying the night away to risqué pop music in their younger days, but not now. The afternoon party will probably be a bit more staid.

I don't think any one of them need more than 1 reception.

They don't need more than one but it's not unusual to have more. Every wedding I've attended in the last 10 years has had an afternoon reception and an evening party (apart from one, which was later in the day and a couple of 2nd weddings, which were smaller events).

IIRC, at Eugenie’s wedding there was also a small reception the day after, a sort of brunch, wasn’t it? Always at the Royal Lodge. IMO, the Royal Lodge is better for everyone if they want no intrusions and media. We’ve literally seen anything from Eugenie’s wedding except official pictures.

As I see no reason for the public to believe that Prince Harry, Princess Eugenie, Lady Gabriella, or Princess Beatrice chose the venues for their weddings, the decision will be seen as leveled at Princess Beatrice herself ...

As Prince Harry (the only sibling of the heir in his generation) did not marry at Westminster Abbey, I think it is already established that weddings at Westminster are reserved for heirs.

Prince Harry & Meghan Markle did choose to be married at St. George's Chapel, Windsor. Reportedly, HM the Queen actually wanted Harry to be married at Westminster Abbey. That's what I've heard.

In addition, Lady Gabriella asked for and received permission to be married at St. George's Chapel. I don't see any reason to disbelieve that Princess Eugenie had a say in the decision to marry at St. George's Chapel.

Prince Harry & Meghan Markle did choose to be married at St. George's Chapel, Windsor. Reportedly, HM the Queen actually wanted Harry to be married at Westminster Abbey. That's what I've heard.

In addition, Lady Gabriella asked for and received permission to be married at St. George's Chapel. I don't see any reason to disbelieve that Princess Eugenie had a say in the decision to marry at St. George's Chapel.

I think the comments Andrew made in that interview, about The Queen deciding where Eugenie was to marry, is what a lot of folks go by ....that doesn't mean Eugenie didn't have 'a say'. I don't think the Queen would tell her look you are getting married HERE and I don't care if you like it or not.

LaRae

I think the comments Andrew made in that interview, about The Queen deciding where Eugenie was to marry, is what a lot of folks go by ....that doesn't mean Eugenie didn't have 'a say'. I don't think the Queen would tell her look you are getting married HERE and I don't care if you like it or not.

LaRae

I think The Queen perceives Windsor as the lowest-key for a HRH granddaughter. Both because of number of guests and prestige of the family in general. That’s why many of us are shocked with Beatrice having a tiny chapel. Harry could have married at the Abbey, leaving all others at Windsor. But yes, than it’s up to each couple decide. The queen can only give her consensus or dissensus. I don’t think she goes much into the detail of the wedding.

I bet they did! Especially Philip. Maybe someone's got some photos hidden away somewhere … :) .

I think The Queen perceives Windsor as the lowest-key for a HRH granddaughter. Both because of number of guests and prestige of the family in general. That’s why many of us are shocked with Beatrice having a tiny chapel. Harry could have married at the Abbey, leaving all others at Windsor. But yes, than it’s up to each couple decide. The queen can only give her consensus or dissensus. I don’t think she goes much into the detail of the wedding.

To me Beatrice has always come across as more shy and less public. It comes across that Eugenie has a much more open and public personality. Based on that I'm not overly surprised she and Edo are doing something much more private (I doubt they'd have done the TV thing if even asked to).

Small private (mostly family and close friends) wedding and a nice luncheon reception (and party?) in the evening/weekend. I do love the outdoor reception venue at BP. We did this at our May wedding and I think the guests (we had about 80) liked it too.

I don't know if Harry could of married at the Abbey or not. Nothing has really been said about it other than the usual media rumors. I thought he would to be be married at The Abbey to be honest...a bit of a surprise they went to Windsor until I remembered they had said they both loved Windsor Park/Windsor.

LaRae

To me Beatrice has always come across as more shy and less public. It comes across that Eugenie has a much more open and public personality. Based on that I'm not overly surprised she and Edo are doing something much more private (I doubt they'd have done the TV thing if even asked to).

Small private (mostly family and close friends) wedding and a nice luncheon reception (and party?) in the evening/weekend. I do love the outdoor reception venue at BP. We did this at our May wedding and I think the guests (we had about 80) liked it too.

I don't know if Harry could of married at the Abbey or not. Nothing has really been said about it other than the usual media rumors. I thought he would to be be married at The Abbey to be honest...a bit of a surprise they went to Windsor until I remembered they had said they both loved Windsor Park/Windsor.

LaRae
Not that big a surprise. I think that for reasons of cost and security, there will be more royal weddings at Windsor from now on...

Not that big a surprise. I think that for reasons of cost and security, there will be more royal weddings at Windsor from now on...

Not sure a wedding at St George's costs that much in terms of security. The costs are typically related to the public carriage ride.

Not sure a wedding at St George's costs that much in terms of security. The costs are typically related to the public carriage ride.

that is why there have been more weddings at Windsor.. It costs less there and is easier to police. I think from now on, only the heir will marry in West Abbey.

I think Harry wanted to marry there. He missed to invite many members of the extended RF, inviting only 600 guests when the chapel can welcome up to 900 (Eugenie had 850), so to me it sounds like he wanted few and close people, and the Abbey for only 600 guests would have been too large. So Windsor was appropriate.
Eugenie was considered by some media pretentious for marrying where Harry married. But it’s Harry who did things differently.
However Beatrice showed us that everything is possible, we can’t make safe predictions anymore.....

Do we think that, following the wedding at St James's and wedding reception at BP, there will be another party later in the evening, perhaps at Royal Lodge?

I think Harry wanted to marry there. He missed to invite many members of the extended RF, inviting only 600 guests when the chapel can welcome up to 900 (Eugenie had 850), so to me it sounds like he wanted few and close people, and the Abbey for only 600 guests would have been too large. So Windsor was appropriate.
Eugenie was considered by some media pretentious for marrying where Harry married. But it’s Harry who did things differently.
However Beatrice showed us that everything is possible, we can’t make safe predictions anymore.....

I never understood why the children of the Kents and Gloucesters weren't there where the church was 300 people under capacity. It would only have been 18 more people inclusive of their spouses but then there was a lot about that wedding which I found odd.

I never understood why the children of the Kents and Gloucesters weren't there where the church was 300 people under capacity. It would only have been 18 more people inclusive of their spouses but then there was a lot about that wedding which I found odd.

Perhaps the bride and groom did not have a close enough connection to the Kent's and Gloucester's like they did with some of their other guests like Oprah and the Clooney's. ?

Do we think that, following the wedding at St James's and wedding reception at BP, there will be another party later in the evening, perhaps at Royal Lodge?
Possibly but as they'll be in central London already, they might prefer an evening party in town "for the young people" at a club and something for all ages the next day at Royal Lodge eg barbecue, hog roast, ice-cream van, outdoor games, music etc. I've been to weddings with a follow-up day at one of the parents' homes that's really relaxed & good fun.

While I think the church was choosen for obvious reasons and including Bea love for the victorian era and how she already has a connection there due to her Christening. I also think Wolfe was taken in consideration. His parents are supper private about him. Before they'd post about him. Now they deleted some pics and highlights and dont post about him. They have a private instagram about him. Though I see Dara slip up at times in instagram stories. I think they really want also to keep private and cozy due to him and also their preference.

Last edited:
Perhaps the bride and groom did not have a close enough connection to the Kent's and Gloucester's like they did with some of their other guests like Oprah and the Clooney's. ?

Yes, I had forgot about that:lol::lol::lol:

While I think the church was choosen for obvious reasons and including Bea love for the victorian era and how she already has a connection there due to her Christening. I also think Wolfe was taken in consideration. His parents are supper private about him. Before they'd post about him. Now they deleted some pics and highlights and dont post about him. They have a private instagram about him. Though I see Dara slip up at times in instagram stories. I think they really want also to keep private and cozy due to him and also their preference.

I completely agree. I also feel that Dara, Edo and Beatrice are going to become even more protective of him after the wedding. Anyone looking forward to seeing little Wolfie at Trooping, Christmas at Sandringham and other BRF official appearances may be disappointed.

Chapel Royal at St James’ will make a lovely venue. Intimate and full of royal history. St George’s Chapel feels (to mee) more like a church for funerals than for weddings. Yes i liked Harry’s and Eugenie’s weddings but still......

Guards Chapel would also have been a lovely venue but it would have come off wrong in the media for obvious reasons (Prince Andrew and his military connections) and i doubt Beatrice would have wanted that to distract her wedding day when it is fully possible to avoid like choosing a closed venue like St James’ (or Hampton Court)

I also wouldn’t be surprised if they will have a grand party somewhere before or after the wedding for their wider friend-circle that will not be invited to the wedding ceremony. Like at the very beautiful Villa Mapelli Mozzi for example. The ancestral home of the Mapelli Mozzi Family outside Milano.

Possibly but as they'll be in central London already, they might prefer an evening party in town "for the young people" at a club and something for all ages the next day at Royal Lodge eg barbecue, hog roast, ice-cream van, outdoor games, music etc. I've been to weddings with a follow-up day at one of the parents' homes that's really relaxed & good fun.

A night club is fine for engagement party but doubt for wedding reception. More likely if they have evening party same day (not later as suggested by many) they will have a friend host it. They certainly have friends with large homes in London or closer then Windsor.

A night club is fine for engagement party but doubt for wedding reception. More likely if they have evening party same day (not later as suggested by many) they will have a friend host it. They certainly have friends with large homes in London or closer then Windsor.

Didn't Lady Gabriella have an evening party in London (restaurant or club not private home) after the daytime wedding reception at Windsor? Beatrice wore that lacy emerald dress I remember. That's the sort of thing I was thinking of.

I thought Ella's party was at Frogmore House? But come to think of it that might have been her afternoon reception....

I thought Ella's party was at Frogmore House? But come to think of it that might have been her afternoon reception....

Her evening reception was in London. She had a lunch at Frogmore where the royals who attended the ceremony also went. The evening party was much smaller and mainly just friends.

Issue with using a restaurant are both size and security. Unlike Ella Beatrice is likely to have senior royals at her evening party. So access has to be considered.

But there is also space. The restaurant Ella used only seats 150 people if you want dance floor. And that’s actually large for a restaurant. Restaurants are practical for engagement parties but wedding receptions not so much.

If they want an evening reception in London still think they will just use a home of a friend. They have plenty of rich connections with large properties in London and near.

Or they could forego that night and have a party that weekend at Royal lodge or some where else later on. Italy, the York home in Switzerland, or even one of Branson homes like Necker or in South Africa are all possible.

I get the impression Beatrice is more mindful of recent events involving Andrew than maybe others in the family are. I'm not going to presume she choose the venue solely because of recent scandals but I do think it was part of the thinking. As such I can see her sticking to the one reception at BP and then it later being revealed they are having/had a party overseas our in the countryside somewhere a little while later. Just IMO.

Chapel Royal at St James’ will make a lovely venue. Intimate and full of royal history. St George’s Chapel feels (to mee) more like a church for funerals than for weddings. Yes i liked Harry’s and Eugenie’s weddings but still......

Guards Chapel would also have been a lovely venue but it would have come off wrong in the media for obvious reasons (Prince Andrew and his military connections) and i doubt Beatrice would have wanted that to distract her wedding day when it is fully possible to avoid like choosing a closed venue like St James’ (or Hampton Court)

I also wouldn’t be surprised if they will have a grand party somewhere before or after the wedding for their wider friend-circle that will not be invited to the wedding ceremony. Like at the very beautiful Villa Mapelli Mozzi for example. The ancestral home of the Mapelli Mozzi Family outside Milano.

I could not agree more with everything.? Despite it's relatively small size, I am thrilled with the choice of St.James Palace for the wedding. It's ancient, stately and fairly oozing with Royal history. The ceremony itself can be witnessed by the most important people...the family of the bride and groom.

We won't see any TV starlets or Beckhams grinning for the cameras on the way in..:whistling:

The expansive and beautiful gardens of Buckingham Palace is where a wider group of friends and family can nibble canapes and toast the bridal couple with HMQ's best champagne.

I hope we get a shot of Beatrice riding the short distance to the wedding, or the couple returning from St. James to Buckingham Palace.

In my wildest dreams Alex Mapelli-Mozzi will open the family's ancestral palace for an even bigger party in the coming weeks.:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom