Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
However the evening party can be also at Edo’s house, for what we know. Maybe he has a giant mansion somewhere, I wouldn’t exclude it ��

If he had a giant mansion, I don't think he'd be living at St. James Palace with Beatrice.

I think they should go with one of these two options:

1. Private wedding at St. James for family only, followed by large reception at BP.

2. Private wedding at the Abbey, with no carriages, guardsmen, or balcony appearance, followed by BP reception. They could announce that security costs will be covered by the RF.

Perhaps the evening party in London could then be hosted by a friend, similar to Lady Gabriella's.

Last edited:
2. Private wedding at the Abbey, with no carriages, guardsmen, or balcony appearance, followed by BP reception. They could announce that security costs will be covered by the RF.

I do not think the BRF should (and will) announce that they will fund the costs of security for events they attend, irrespective of whether those events are public engagements or private events. It is the duty of the government to keep key members of the BRF secure, and there is no need to compromise on that.

If he had a giant mansion, I don't think he'd be living at St. James Palace with Beatrice.

I meant his parents, as Count and Countess they may have some mansion or villa somewhere in the countryside. Just not to rely on the Royal Lodge like Eugenie did. Also I think B lives in St. James’s palace for security reasons, more than others.

I hope for option 2. at the Abbey. And I agree, if you have and want a monarchy, you cannot expect they come for free. Security is the only thing taxpayers pay directly...

There's a Mapello Mozzi family castle in northern Italy, where Edo's dad spent time as a child. It looks absolutely amazing, but there's been no suggestion that the wedding will be held in Italy.

:previous: It's an amazing Palazzo. If Edo and Beatrice are not planning to use it as part of their nuptial celebrations, it's a shame.

Beatrice would want to have her grandparents see her making wedding vows, and they will not travel to Italy.

:previous: It's an amazing Palazzo. If Edo and Beatrice are not planning to use it as part of their nuptial celebrations, it's a shame.

Yes it’s a giant palace, but I don’t know if it’s in his parents/grandparents’ possession. But I think Edo and family don’t think themselves as Italians.

Maybe a garden party there would be nice. But I don’t think they have any affection or many friends down there in Italy. Who knows...

Personally (and not saying it would be Beatrice) but I'd love to see someone from the family have a wedding at St Mary Magdalen's, Sandringham.
I would love it too. It's so ornate and gorgeous

Beatrice would want to have her grandparents see her making wedding vows, and they will not travel to Italy.

They would not need to travel. Family wedding ceremony in England, big glamorous party/reception for the international jet set at the Palazzo Mapelli-Mozzi. These are all Beatrice's friends and she will want them at her wedding.

Problem solved.;)

Personally (and not saying it would be Beatrice) but I'd love to see someone from the family have a wedding at St Mary Magdalen's, Sandringham.

I agree and, in fact, said the same thing when Eugenie's wedding was announced. A wedding there would be absolutely lovely, though I suspect we're more likely to see that from one of the Wessex children in the future than the Yorks.

If the reports that the Queen will host the reception at BP are true, then I’m predicting wedding at the abbey where Beatrice’s parents were married.
Charles hosted an evening reception at BP for William and Catherine, it would not surprise me if the Queen allowed Andrew to do the same, never mind the optics. Alternately, Andrew could host the evening reception at Royal Lodge, Windsor is not that far from London and Beatrice and Edo’s guests are presumably able to get from London to Windsor in the hours between an after wedding luncheon at BP and an evening bash at Windsor.

Very recent articles say they’ll have the Guards Chapel. I hope this is old news. Otherwise it is crazily sad. The last royal wedding in at least 10 years, not televised, no carriages, no info, in a church that resembles a crematorium. It couldn’t be worse. With all the beauty London has to offer... let’s pray it’s fake/old news. I hope the BP luncheon is worth the price.

I meant his parents, as Count and Countess they may have some mansion or villa somewhere in the countryside. Just not to rely on the Royal Lodge like Eugenie did. Also I think B lives in St. James’s palace for security reasons, more than others.

I hope for option 2. at the Abbey. And I agree, if you have and want a monarchy, you cannot expect they come for free. Security is the only thing taxpayers pay directly...

The count and countess don’t refer to Edo’s parents anymore. Well not his mother. His parents were divorced in the mid 1980s and both have remarried.

Alex for all he is a count (an Italian count so no to an English ancestral home) grew up mainly in the UK. His family does own a villa in Italy but it seems to be open for public use (though do think he may be the owner). Alex lives some where in France with his current wife. So no British home.

Nikki was married to Christopher shale in 1989 until his death at Glastonbury. Christopher was good friends with the Camerons. She had a son Alby with him. She now lives with her Welsh sculptor husband in Oxford.

The closest thing to a British estate in his family belongs to his stepfather (current). But it seems to be leased out as an air bnb not a private home.

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/12236498?source_impression_id=p3_1580256000_Z9Z/hFz0aH+dU6vE

Definitely not the size or security needed for royal wedding.

As for Edo housing I agree it likely had most to do with security. Besides he was sharing a house with his ex prior. He certainly has the money for a home.

While a wedding in Italy would be beautiful Beatrice couldn’t have her grandparents there. And it really would be nothing more then a destination wedding. Despite the family owning the villa and their title. Edo is born and raised in the UK. His father may have spent some summers in Italy but was mainly raised in the UK and even as British Olympic ski team. Though his father is an art collector and the villa art collection he is said to over see. It’s not like we are talking his personal home.

St Margaret's at Westminster looks so much nicer than the Guards Chapel. I just can't see them going for the Abbey, but the Guards' Chapel is just ... functional. Fair enough, but you don't expect a military chapel to be decorative, but it's not the nicest of places for a wedding.

While this is slightly off topic, i can see a time in the not so distant future where the heir or heir to the heir gets married in Westminster Abbey and everyone else gets married at Windsor. So George - the Abbey, Charlotte and Louis - St George's. Mind you, unless they get married really young, I don't expect to be around to say I told you so.

I had a look at where Bea’s maternal grandparents married as I wondered if it might have been the guards chapel due to him being a lifeguard but no they married in St Margaret’s Westminster. Major Ronald being a lifeguard does give her a link to guards chapel other than her father but I’m thinking St Margaret’s maybe the place.

The count and countess don’t refer to Edo’s parents anymore. Well not his mother. His parents were divorced in the mid 1980s and both have remarried.

Alex for all he is a count

I know. Little OT: Italian noble titles are not recognized by the Republic but still are used and passed down. Simply are not present on official document released by the Republic. He is still a count and will always be and the title will pass down through male descendants. Even if he doesn’t like the title or whatever.

Anyway, at this point, better St. Margaret’s than the Guards Chapel. But my dream is still the quire of the Abbey. If only..

Last edited:
How elaborate do you think the engraved wedding invitations will be?

I had a look at where Bea’s maternal grandparents married as I wondered if it might have been the guards chapel due to him being a lifeguard but no they married in St Margaret’s Westminster. Major Ronald being a lifeguard does give her a link to guards chapel other than her father but I’m thinking St Margaret’s maybe the place.

St Margaret's would be nice. I'd half-forgotten about all the Fergusons! Alice Ferguson used to have her picture in the paper sometimes, but you never hear about any of them these days. Eugenie didn't have any bridesmaids or page boys from that side of the family, but maybe there just aren't any kids of the right age.

St Margaret's would be nice. I'd half-forgotten about all the Fergusons! Alice Ferguson used to have her picture in the paper sometimes, but you never hear about any of them these days. Eugenie didn't have any bridesmaids or page boys from that side of the family, but maybe there just aren't any kids of the right age.

Alice has a 7yr old daughter but maybe Eugenie & Beatrice don't see much of that side.

https://www.royal.uk/wedding-princess-beatrice-and-mr-mapelli-mozzi

The wedding of HRH Princess Beatrice of York and Mr. Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi will take place on Friday 29 May 2020. The couple became engaged in Italy in September 2019.

Her Majesty The Queen has kindly given permission for the ceremony to take place at The Chapel Royal, St James’s Palace.

The ceremony will be followed by a private reception, given by The Queen, in the gardens of Buckingham Palace.

Glad we finally have confirmation

Finally, I am very relieved for them that they now can plan their fairytale-wedding.

If the wedding won't be broadcasted I believe that one reason can be Edoardos son. I guess Beatrice, Edoardo and the mother of the son want to protect him from the media.

From photographs of the interior, I think less than 100 guests can attend the ceremony. Quite saddening but I hope it is what she and Edo really wanted.

I hope we get some sort of TV coverage. I don't think people are that fussed for seeing the actual service, but there'll be disappointment if we don't get to see the guests arriving, if only to see what everyone's wearing!

From photographs of the interior, I think less than 100 guests can attend the ceremony. Quite saddening but I hope it is what she and Edo really wanted.

It doesn't mean that they cannot invite a huge crowd to their reception, or that they cannot plan a larger bash on the Continent later in the summer.

I felt all along that a small ceremony followed by a large reception was the way to go.;)

Happy to see that it’s now official. Sounds like a good solution to me with a wedding at St James’ followed by a Garden Party at BP.
I was expecting a private wedding at St James’ or Hampton Court for Beatrice.
I’m sure there will be a grander party somewhere before or after the wedding for the extended ”friend-circle”.

However i personally would have preferred the other Chapel at St James’ (Queen’s Chapel) as it is much nicer to me.

Last edited:
https://www.royal.uk/wedding-princess-beatrice-and-mr-mapelli-mozzi

The wedding of HRH Princess Beatrice of York and Mr. Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi will take place on Friday 29 May 2020. The couple became engaged in Italy in September 2019.

Her Majesty The Queen has kindly given permission for the ceremony to take place at The Chapel Royal, St James’s Palace.

The ceremony will be followed by a private reception, given by The Queen, in the gardens of Buckingham Palace.
?:w00t::w00t:?

Yay, that was my choice! The Chapel Royal, St James’s Palace has an amazing history and was the wedding venue for:
  • Queen Victoria and Prince Albert (1840);
  • Victoria, Princess Royal and Prince Friedrich Wilhelm of Prussia (1858), future Emperor and Empress of Germany;
  • Prince George, Duke of York and Princess Victoria Mary of Teck (1893), future King George V and Queen Mary.

Last edited:
How many people does it hold? I must admit I am very surprised at how small the venue is. If they had wanted to keep it 'in house' the chapel royal at Hampton Court would have done the same job and it's also very beautiful and much bigger than this one.

However i personally would have preferred the other Chapel at St James’ (Queen’s Chapel) as it is much nicer to me.

I think it is renovated at the Moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom