Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
But the last three royal weddings were at Windsor.

If I were Beatrice, I would prefer any other venue, just to have something a bit different.

If I were Beatrice, I would prefer any other venue, just to have something a bit different.

I see your point. But they’ll have 500-600 guests minimum (what a RF can call “low-key” or “intimate” lmao) among which the wealthiest young couples in the world, and foreign royals too (B went to the weddings of Amedeo of Belgium, The Prince Napoleon, ...). Pressing them in St Margaret or wherever not-RF-appropriate is senseless. I mean, if Princes/esses of the Blood Royal’s weddings took place in the Abbey or St Paul’s theres gonna be a reason. It’s a matter of status I think.
I hope they won’t think people get angry at them having the Abbey just because of her father.
I really have no clue what she will do...

I agree about having a wedding somewhere other than Windsor as a bit of a break, its probably a bit hard to have your own special day when 3 people form your own family have married somewhere within 2 years. Of course each wedding will have been different in details and theme etc but still following much the same theme, day wedding, day reception by HM and evening party.

I can see why Beatrice might choose somewhere else and if (and I say IF) she wants a big wedding that does rule our some of the other royal associated churches/chapels.

Personally (and not saying it would be Beatrice) but I'd love to see someone from the family have a wedding at St Mary Magdalen's, Sandringham.

The Queen largely tells them where they are going to get married and Beatrice did grow up in Windsor. Otherwise I see a small wedding gin chapel guards to be honest.

I don’t think The Queen decides where they get married. To me, she just says that if the venue is good or not for the event (she and her counselors will consider the many factors involved in these decision). Even Lady Gabriella Windsor married at St. George’s Chapel. So I think the queen is getting a kinder and more welcoming as she ages.
Moreover, Princess Beatrice is in the same position of Queen Elizabeth II when she was the first daughter of The Duke of York.
However, let’s pray it’s not the Guards’ Chapel.
C’mon Lilibet.

Last edited:
I don’t think The Queen decides where they get married. To me, she just says that if the venue is good or not for the event (she and her counselors will consider the many factors involved in these decision). Even Lady Gabriella Windsor married at St. George’s Chapel. So I think the queen is getting a kinder and more welcoming as she ages.
Moreover, Princess Beatrice is in the same position of Queen Elizabeth II when she was the first daughter of The Duke of York.
C’mon Lilibet.

Harldy. the queen was close in line for the throne since childhood. Beatrice is well down the list..

Church weddings are all going to be very similar no matter Church. Especially Anglican where the ceremony is set in stone. A wedding at some completely random church she had no connection to is not going to make it that different.

Many families even non royals all get married in the same church. As tradition. The wedding ceremony is rarely about being unique and different.

The reception is where they can go wild and creative.

And if they want to avoid complaints of cost a reception in London won’t help. The queen will only host one reception for them. She only hosted a lunch for the other grandkids. Andrew doesn’t have a London home. They will have to worry about security not only for the church but whatever evening reception location. Her royal relatives aren’t likely to skip the evening.

Marrying at Windsor offers her a family church she is connected to. Built in lunch and evening reception locations. And the security of Windsor castle already thrown in.

I really like the previously mentioned idea of having the wedding at Chapel Royal on the grounds of St James's Palace. The capacity is 100 so the guest list for the ceremony would be much smaller but presumably there will be one or more after wedding events that can have a much larger guest list.

C’mon Lilibet.

I wouldn't say Lady Gabriella marrying at Windsor reflects a change in the Queen's attitude towards who marries there. Lady Helen had a big wedding at St. George's nearly 30 years ago.

I wouldn't say Lady Gabriella marrying at Windsor reflects a change in the Queen's attitude towards who marries there. Lady Helen had a big wedding at St. George's nearly 30 years ago.

Yes, but 30 years ago St George’s Chapel was not much considered for royal weddings (in the last 50 years I mean), so for Lady Helen it sounded like a small church. These days, Brits want the monarchy not to spend money, not to have privileges, not to take the royal train, etc.
I think that Harry, by marrying at St. George’s, set a bad precedent for royal weddings. When Eugenie chose the chapel few months later everyone said she was dared too much, too grand a church, that prince Andrew has to justify her choice. Idk.

Wouldn't the security bill be lower if she married in St George's with reception at the castle? They could close the castle for the day - no crowds inside, no carriage ride. It's also easier for them to have an evening party at Royal Lodge.

I think it was Edward and Sophie who changed things. No-one raised an eyebrow when the Yorks got married at Westminster Abbey … but, in the interim period, the marriages of Edward's siblings had all broken down, and there'd been arguments over public funding, so they went for something less grand.

They're going to have to decide soon, if it's definitely May 29th - even Royals have to allow a certain amount of time to send out invitations and get replies, have dresses made, plan menus, etc!

They're going to have to decide soon, if it's definitely May 29th - even Royals have to allow a certain amount of time to send out invitations and get replies, have dresses made, plan menus, etc!

The Cambridges didn't send out invitations until February, and they married two months later in April. So if it's definitely May 29th, Beatrice and Edo could wait until March for invites, especially since their wedding will surely be smaller than the Cambridges.

I think it was Edward and Sophie who changed things. No-one raised an eyebrow when the Yorks got married at Westminster Abbey … but, in the interim period, the marriages of Edward's siblings had all broken down, and there'd been arguments over public funding, so they went for something less grand.

I am sure the decision has been made, it has just not been made public.

Wouldn't the security bill be lower if she married in St George's with reception at the castle? They could close the castle for the day - no crowds inside, no carriage ride. It's also easier for them to have an evening party at Royal Lodge.

To me, that certainly seems to be the most sensible choice.

I am sure the decision has been made, it has just not been made public.

Sure. Don’t even know if we will ever know where and when or see the invitations. Really scared we might not see anything at all than just a few pictures.

Anyway yes, Windsor is less costly for everyone. Maybe the BP reception is the one in the evening, with Windsor ceremony and reception in the morning. That would change things a bit. But idk. I think that taking a whatever church in London (big or small) will require giants costs of security. That’s why, despite similar weddings in Windsor we are all bored of, it is still the best regal and cost efficient option for her and the monarchy, in particular in this sad circumstance.

I think it would be a bad idea to have any wedding festivity at Royal Lodge. You would have Andrew being the host. I think you need to downplay Andrew's involvement/role in the wedding. And I think the couple realizes that hence his absence at her engagement party in December.

I think it would be a bad idea to have any wedding festivity at Royal Lodge. You would have Andrew being the host. I think you need to downplay Andrew's involvement/role in the wedding. And I think the couple realizes that hence his absence at her engagement party in December.

You cannot down play Andrew's involvement, he is the father of the bride.

Yes, you can. There is a big difference to being a guest at his daughter's reception vs. being the host of it at his home.

Last edited:

Exactly. As far as he is not proved guilty, he is innocent. And Beatrice should not pay for the mistakes made by her parents, so let’s have Andrew the role he deserves as loving father.

As it's Bea's family home, it's none of the taxpayers' business what they do there. It doesn't affect us & it can be kept completely private. It probably wouldn't be a good idea to publish photos of the party (why draw attention to it?) but other than that, it's irrelevant to the public.

Andrew's absence at the engagement party was probably due to it being held in a public place & how that would attract the press.

Exactly. As far as he is not proved guilty, he is innocent. And Beatrice should not pay for the mistakes made by her parents, so let’s have Andrew the role he deserves as loving father.

He isn't innocent of a friendship with a convicted sex offender that he stated he doesn't regret. None of my suggestions have anything to do with giving Andrew what he deserves as a father. I'm mainly thinking about what I'm willing to pay for and also minimising any negative PR for the working BRF members.

Last edited by a moderator:
He isn't innocent of a friendship with a convicted sex offender that he stated he doesn't regret. None of my suggestions have anything to do with giving Andrew what he deserves as a father. I'm mainly thinking about what I'm willing to pay for and also minimising any negative PR for the working BRF members.

I think miss whirley's suggestio of minimizing the Duke's role in his daughter's wedding was addressing the latter concern.

But did Sarah, Duchess of York and the other parents of British royal brides and grooms likewise host receptions for their children's weddings? I am not sure that is a requirement.

People article about date and reception:

Royal Wedding Alert! Princess Beatrice’s Wedding Date and Reception Details Revealed
Unlike her sister's lavish royal wedding, Princess Beatrice's nuptials will be a "low-key" affair, a source tells PEOPLE
By Erin Hill and Simon Perry February 05, 2020 01:50 PM

[...]
PEOPLE has confirmed that Beatrice, 31, and Mozzi, 36, will tie the knot on May 29. The location of the ceremony has yet to be revealed. Buckingham Palace is expected to make an announcement in the coming days.

The reception will take place at Buckingham Palace.
[...]

https://people.com/royals/royal-wed...s-wedding-date-and-reception-details-revealed

Last edited:
Can any UK living poster tell me what is thought of this wedding in the UK ? Are people looking forward to it ? Is there an interest ? Thanks in advance.

Can any UK living poster tell me what is thought of this wedding in the UK ? Are people looking forward to it ? Is there an interest ? Thanks in advance.

I imagine none of us can speak for the country as it's difficult to know what most people think. I can tell you about my own family and social circles though and amongst them, there is very little interest other than "not another wedding to pay for!" type of grumbles. Many of them barely know who Beatrice is until jogged by "you know, the one with the funny wedding hat". I think that hat is more famous than she is!

It’s certainly not something that everyone’s talking about, as they were with William and Kate or Harry and Meghan, and I very much doubt that we’ll see Tesco selling Union flag paper plates and Marks & Spencer selling royal wedding biscuits, as we did for those weddings. The boxes of biscuits “to mark the marriage of” always make me smile! But, yes, there’s always a certain amount of interest in anyone well-known getting married – a lot of people like to see the wedding dress, and the bridesmaids’ dresses, and pictures of famous people attending.

With all due respect to Beatrice, there’s no more interest than there would be in a top sports player or pop star or other well-known person getting married – the TV crews practically camped outside the church when Andy Murray married Kim Sears! - but that degree of interest is still reasonably high. I don't say that anyone'll talk about it beforehand, or look forward to it, but I think a lot of people will be disappointed if we don't get to see plenty of pictures.

But did Sarah, Duchess of York and the other parents of British royal brides and grooms likewise host receptions for their children's weddings? I am not sure that is a requirement.[/QUOTE]

We can’t say. But saying that, if Andrew is the host of his daughter’s wedding party that takes place at his home, it should be avoided and Andrew’s role minimized, I can’t agree. Being the host of a party is not a crime nor having friends with a terrible past (legally speaking, maybe from a PR pov I can agree). We know very little about it, so I personally trust the Royal Family who showed full support to Andrew. If he hosts it there’s nothing wrong at all to me.
However the evening party can be also at Edo’s house, for what we know. Maybe he has a giant mansion somewhere, I wouldn’t exclude it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom