Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I tend to agree with the idea that they should just go and do it if they want and should do it whenever and wherever they want, I understand, too, that Beatrice might very well want a wedding with her grandparents and family present and that's perfectly okay, too. Yes, she's a public figure. Yes, there's a lot of drama and chaos and commotion happening within her very public family. But that doesn't change the fact that they are a family and it might be important to her to have her wedding with her family around her. I feel awful for her that so much of this has overshadowed her happiness. It's fine if what she wants is a small, scaled-down wedding without television cameras and carriage rides but it's really too bad that it's looking increasingly like she may not even be able to have that smaller-scale celebration because of all the chaos around her. It's terribly sad that many people now believe that she should just elope and release a picture or two later when what she may be holding out for is simply a date that she can marry quietly with her family present.

I feel so sorry for Beatrice, there was so much political turmoil leading up to Xmas the announcement could not be made, now all this stuff.
I do feel she has been short changed, other than daft hats and outfits she has never let her family down. I agree a very low key even private marriage ceremony with close family followed by a shindig abroad . She will want her grandparents at her actual marriage ceremony, the party doesn't matter

Could Princess Beatrice and Edoardo have the wedding during Lent?

No. Lent is considered a time of fasting and abstinence. Some Anglican ministers may perform them but usually in emergency situations. An elaborate wedding during the forty days of fasting would not be a good example. There would be talk of special treatment as well.

I feel so sorry for Beatrice, there was so much political turmoil leading up to Xmas the announcement could not be made, now all this stuff.
I do feel she has been short changed, other than daft hats and outfits she has never let her family down. I agree a very low key even private marriage ceremony with close family followed by a shindig abroad . She will want her grandparents at her actual marriage ceremony, the party doesn't matter

I hope she has a wedding that pleases her. She is a lovely young lady and other than being criticized for her fashion, seems to be quite thoughtful and caring. Her father is a dolt, that is not her fault. The Sussexes are of no concern to her, they are choosing a life of their choosing, as is she. Why ruin her happiest time because of others.

COUNTESS, I have missed seeing you around and as is often the case, I agree with you!;)

I would love to see Beatrice have her own beautiful and romantic wedding in St George's Chapel. It seems to be intended to be a private wedding and once she crosses that threshold we sadly, see no more.

She can still have her carriage ride back to the Castle and I have no doubt there will be ordinary, decent people who have watched her grow up and will wish her well.

It takes an international close call to make you sit back and remember what is important in this world and what isn't. In the grand scheme of things Beatrice and Edo's wedding will just be one of hundreds performed at the same time an the same day.

Since the wedding will be private it matters not who does and doesn't attend except that her family and friends are present to share their joy. If people stop to watch and wave to guests and the bride . . . well that happens in every town and village when people spot a wedding.

Her father is a dolt, that is not her fault.

Yeah, but she is daddy's girl in the regard, that we would not discuss her life, if it were not for her ancestors.

I wish her the best too, btw.

Yeah, but she is daddy's girl in the regard, that we would not discuss her life, if it were not for her ancestors.

I wish her the best too, btw.

That’s not really how the term daddy’s girl is used. By your analogy she is also grandmas girl...

I do think the Andrew scandal is dying down now that the Sussexes have dropped their bombshell.

If Andrew will just stay under the radar a bit longer, Beatrice will be able to have a lavish wedding and no one will begrudge it. After all, most people will be fair and realize she isn't to blame for anything.

I do think the Andrew scandal is dying down now that the Sussexes have dropped their bombshell.

If Andrew will just stay under the radar a bit longer, Beatrice will be able to have a lavish wedding and no one will begrudge it. After all, most people will be fair and realize she isn't to blame for anything.

Andrew who?? (ducks and runs for cover) :D

:previous: :lol: Seriously, when was the last time anyone in Britain, Canada or the US has discussed Andrew/Epstein in the last 72 hours?? Andrew is probably the only member of the British Royal family who is getting any sleep these days!

And H&M partly had a media break while in Canada exactly because of Andrew...

She can still have a lavish wedding as long as it isn't costing the taxpayer which it won't as long as she keeps the wedding within the perimeters of the estate if it's at Windsor. The main UK channels still won't be showing it though, they've confirmed this.

She can still have a lavish wedding as long as it isn't costing the taxpayer which it won't as long as she keeps the wedding within the perimeters of the estate if it's at Windsor. The main UK channels still won't be showing it though, they've confirmed this.

It’s going to cost the taxpayer in security regardless of where it is. The royals attending the wedding will bring security.

It’s going to cost the taxpayer in security regardless of where it is. The royals attending the wedding will bring security.

Within the estate security will be covered by the normal security presence around the castle which is always there when the Queen is in residence. The cost of Eugenie's skyrocketed because she brought hundreds of members of the public into the grounds and then went through the town of Windsor afterwards.

Within the estate security will be covered by the normal security presence around the castle which is always there when the Queen is in residence. The cost of Eugenie's skyrocketed because she brought hundreds of members of the public into the grounds and then went through the town of Windsor afterwards.

yes it wasn't a good idea. And now the Yorks are less popular even than they were in 2018.... so quiet wedding only....

yes it wasn't a good idea. And now the Yorks are less popular even than they were in 2018.... so quiet wedding only....

I certainly feel, and I think the public felt very happy after Eugenie’s wedding and seeing the reaction they got. The majority of negativity around the cost of the security, was from DM articles and incorrect reports of actual cost. They inflated numbers for H&Ms wedding, and the met came out with correct numbers.

It’s a shame it won’t be carried by a TV station, but that’s what it is.

We’ll see what we got for Lady Gabriella basically.

You think they wont invite some members of the public like eugenie ?

Last edited:
You think they wont invine some members of the public like eugenie ?

They can if they cover the security costs themselves otherwise there will be a big criticism about tax payers money being used and this is a family who don't need more trouble at the moment.

No. Lent is considered a time of fasting and abstinence. Some Anglican ministers may perform them but usually in emergency situations. An elaborate wedding during the forty days of fasting would not be a good example. There would be talk of special treatment as well.

When Albert Edward, Prince of Wales married Princess Alexandra of Denmark on March 10, 1863. This wedding occurred during Lent.

You think they wont invine some members of the public like eugenie ?

I would hope that Beatrice would at least have the opportunity to invite some people related to her charities either to the wedding itself or to the grounds of Windsor if she already has to many guests (and if the wedding takes place at Windsor - best to avoid the month of May I would say).

When Albert Edward, Prince of Wales married Princess Alexandra of Denmark on March 10, 1863. This wedding occurred during Lent.

Yes but what you are overlooking is the time. Edward married Alexandra two years after the death of his father. His mother was deep in grieving. The wedding was a solemn occasion held at st George’s to keep from the pagentry of London and to allow Victoria to be behind a screen. The dress code for the event was even semi mourning meaning grey.

Weddings can be held during lent yes if the minister agrees. But Lent is seen as time of fasting and solemness. Edwards wedding due to court mourning did not fly in the face of Lent.

To have a big elaborate wedding with feast and flowers and so on as Beatrice surely will, is not the same. For the queen who is head of the church to allow her granddaughter to have such an elaborate wedding during Lent would scream favouritism special treatment. Not what they need.

Besides it’s not likely they will have a wedding so soon.

Exactly and when Queen Victoria was quizzed about that fact she pointed out that Lent was a sacred season in the church calendar as was marriage and so there was no issue at all.

Exactly and when Queen Victoria was quizzed about that fact she pointed out that Lent was a sacred season in the church calendar as was marriage and so there was no issue at all.

Well the church of England doesn't seem to share the opinion with Victoria. As from the Anglican church website, weddings are rarely performed during either Lent or Advent period. Especially Lent, as it is meant to be a time of solemn reflection and fasting, not of celebration. Having a gigantic wedding of several dinners and dancing and drinking is hardly following fasting principals.

Now if someone dies, and court is in mourning, so the wedding is a solemn service and no party like when Albert Edward married, that may be different.

I certainly feel, and I think the public felt very happy after Eugenie’s wedding and seeing the reaction they got. The majority of negativity around the cost of the security, was from DM articles and incorrect reports of actual cost. They inflated numbers for H&Ms wedding, and the met came out with correct numbers.

It’s a shame it won’t be carried by a TV station, but that’s what it is.

We’ll see what we got for Lady Gabriella basically.

To amplify what you've stated, it helps to also remember that the Thames Valley Police Department which has Windsor Castle in its jurisdiction is very well equipped and savvy about handling public crowds as so much happens around Windsor that draws the public there. If any additional manpower is required, it would fall to Royalty and Diplomatic Protection Department of London.

They got this no matter what happens. :D

I may be speaking too soon, Maybe a date announcement in Feburary or in the upcoming weeks hopefully?*Sigh. I feel like its its taking forever to announce things? Considering the things happening I can see why. They are being careful and what not. Though she doesn't even have to announce a date to begin with still wouldnt be surprised if one day we woke and she's married or been married for awhile wouldnt hold that against her either.

I still can picture her in a victorian inspired dress perhaps in a new tiara assembled by other pieces no longer in use!

Edit: It just occurred to me, I wonder if we will even get royal merchandise At Buckingham Palace shop for Princess Beatrice's wedding?

Last edited:
IF the DM is accurate, plans for the wedding to be at the Guard's Chapel have now been changed, due to the fact that Andrew is giving up his military patronages.

Too bad, that would have been a nice solution: not a grand venue like the Abbey, not as over-done as St. George's.
(I know if I were Beatrice, I would prefer anyplace other than St. George's even though that is undoubtedly the most convenient. It's just that the last three royal weddings have been held there, it would be great to have a change. But she might not have a choice.)

I'm still going to stick my neck out and hope for Westminster Cathedral.

Its a Catholic neck, might not be safe ;)
Um, do you mean Westminster Abbey, which is Anglican (which most of the RF are), or did you really mean Westminster Cathedral, which is Catholic?

Andrews giving up his military patronage’s?

The Fates seem to have opposed this wedding since the day it was announced. One obstacle after another....all down to the behavior of others.:bang:

I hope that she will take inspiration from the Niarchos wedding she attended this weekend...small private ceremony in England, huge party on the Continent later.

Just having a giggle or two with the discussion on how many can fit into St. Jame's now as opposed to when Victoria and Albert married there. Its fun.

Then again, what would be totally different with Beatrice and Edo's wedding is if they decided to go with a period wedding and the theme is Victorian times. After all, Beatrice did have a cameo role in the "Young Victoria" movie as a lady in waiting.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Pri...wKHXRLDa8Q9QEwFHoECAoQDw#imgrc=dnY4zOySlas2gM:
If you look at early pictures of Queen Victoria, you will see that Pss Beatrice is amazingly like her. So a Victorian period wedding might be appropriate. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom