Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There may be a private party for family members....we probably will not know especially if it is at one of the castles or estates with all the Christmas parties going on. Beatrice needs to be left alone and release pictures when she is ready or wants to. Her dad caused enough harm.

Yeah I would have thought her cousins would have went but maybe she isn't that close to them. It's a bit funny too that she seems really friendly with Pippa and James but not particularly with Kate.

I think this could be a couple things. First, William was said to have disliked Dave which the media said made William's relationship with Bea "frosty". If things are strained with William you aren't going to become close to his spouse. Second, it could be that Pippa and James are closer to Edo than Bea. Edo is good friends with Charlie Gilkes (James Middleton's best friend), Pippa is close to Charlie too. Kind of like how Pippa and James are close to Tom Kingston so they attended Lady Gabriella's wedding. People were wondering how Ella befriended them without realizing the Tom connection. Since Bea didn't attend Pippa's wedding, I think Edo could definitely be a factor here.

Last edited:
Since Bea didn't attend Pippa's wedding, I think Edo could definitely be a factor here.

Yes, but Eugenie and Jack did attend Pippa's wedding while Edo didn't.
So I doubt he is the connection.

(Beatrice may not have attended because that was around the time of her split from Dave).

Yes, but Eugenie and Jack did attend Pippa's wedding while Edo didn't.
So I doubt he is the connection.

(Beatrice may not have attended because that was around the time of her split from Dave).

Actually we don't know if Edo attended. He wasn't "famous" at the time so the media wouldn't have taken his pic or identified him.

As for the last part of your post, Beatrice and Dave broke-up July 2016. Pippa married May 2017. I don't see how a 10 month old split would affect an attendance.

Also for the Edo connection, I should note that is was Edo that congratulated James and Alizee through social media on their engagement, not Beatrice.

Last edited:
Some of the guests surprised me.

I expected the Middletons would be there, and people like Guy Pelly and Ellie Goulding, but...Robert De Niro?

No Royal guests except Eugenie and Lady Gabriella Kingston.

I didn't expect any Midds except maybe James, who is good friends with Edoardo

ETA: According to the Fail article Pippa was indeed in attendance. But they are apparently SO desperate for inside dish about the party that they are soliciting information with an email address to be contacted at the end of the article.:lol:

Last edited:
It’s always fascinating to see who knows who well enough to be invited to smallish events such as these. I’m pleased to see so many well known people attending and supporting Bea and I’m actually a bit surprised that Andrew had enough self awareness to be absent so as to not divert attention from his daughter’s celebration. The absence of any Branson is very odd, especially since Holly and Bea started that charity together - could they possibly be out of the country for the holidays at the moment?
William and Catherine not being there is no surprise, they rarely are reported to be at these types of gatherings. I’m sure they’ll be at the wedding.

Its very possible too that this engagement party was held for a specific group of people rather than an all embracing party for everyone that is close to Beatrice and Edo. I would imagine that this couple have friends and associates and acquaintances that would fill a huge dictionary type of an address book.

Perhaps this party was planned and the invitations went to those people that wouldn't necessarily be deemed "close personal friends of the couple" but those people that have been involved with either Beatrice or Edo or both of them in some way. DeNiro may have been instrumental in helping raise awareness for a charity or in some way, had a good connection with the couple. Not enough of one though that he would be invited to a party celebrating the engagement with close friends and family but close enough to warrant being invited to *a* party.

My first marriage was like that. Engagement party for close family then a wedding shower for friends and a separate wedding shower for family. Different aspects for the guest lists. The actual wedding was small and many of the guests at the different pre-wedding parties were not invited or were unable to attend.

This engagement party may be just one of a few with the others not being known to the public. ?

It’s always fascinating to see who knows who well enough to be invited to smallish events such as these. I’m pleased to see so many well known people attending and supporting Bea and I’m actually a bit surprised that Andrew had enough self awareness to be absent so as to not divert attention from his daughter’s celebration. The absence of any Branson is very odd, especially since Holly and Bea started that charity together - could they possibly be out of the country for the holidays at the moment?
William and Catherine not being there is no surprise, they rarely are reported to be at these types of gatherings. I’m sure they’ll be at the wedding.

Yeah, the lack of Bransons was the first thing I noticed and commented on. That threw me for a loop but like you said they may be out of the country. I assume that's the reason their American friends like Mikey Hess, Karlie Kloss, Ashton Kutcher etc aren't there. It's too close to the holidays for a transatlantic party visit.

I'm also assuming there were non-famous guests that weren't pictured. Because it would be surprising if people like Inskip, Astrid Harbord, and Edo's brother and sister and parents were absent.

I presume that none of Beatrice's relatives around her generation (i.e. her sister Eugenie, the Cambridges etc) were there, otherwise I can imagine they would've been photographed. I'm guessing this was more of a party for friends? (We all know Sarah likes going to any clubbing and partying events her daughters go to...)

I presume that none of Beatrice's relatives around her generation (i.e. her sister Eugenie, the Cambridges etc) were there, otherwise I can imagine they would've been photographed. I'm guessing this was more of a party for friends? (We all know Sarah likes going to any clubbing and partying events her daughters go to...)

Eugenie was said to be there just not pictured.

I don't think age wise the York girls were that close to William or Zara and Peter. Different stage of life. I expect them at the wedding but not shocked not to see at a private small engagement party.

If Harry and Meghan weren't away I'd expect they'd be there. Harry has always been close to the Yorks.

My only surprise was no bransons. Beatrice helped found Big Change with Holly and Sam, and is always close to Holly. Maybe they are out of town.

I'd be surprised if at least one Branson grandkid is not in the wedding.

As for the suggestion they move to New York I don't see why they would want or need to. Beatrice travels to New York for work but London is her base. Edo not only has his career in London but the obvious thing people oddly don't mention.... His son. I don't see him moving away from Wolfie.

Last edited:

I saw photos of Eugenie and Jack, as well as Pippa and James.

But yeah..there is simply no chance that Sarah would just sit this one out and let the young folks enjoy themselves for once...:cool:

It's been said for years the York girls weren't close to William or Zara/Peter ...reportedly there was a bit of a snub that went on when William was dating Kate (by the York girls) so who knows. It has kinda seemed like Harry is closer to Eugenie.

LaRae

:previous:There is a difference between “not being close” to a relative and actively “snubbing” them.
I think the York girls are enough younger than William that he has a different relationship with them than with, say Zara. But I think the snubbing of Kate by the Yorks is more of a press thing that is trotted out as fact.
Eugenie and Kate looked delighted to see each other when they met in New York in 2014.

:previous:There is a difference between “not being close” to a relative and actively “snubbing” them.
I think the York girls are enough younger than William that he has a different relationship with them than with, say Zara. But I think the snubbing of Kate by the Yorks is more of a press thing that is trotted out as fact.
Eugenie and Kate looked delighted to see each other when they met in New York in 2014.

Years ago there was a fairly detailed 'incident' with the York girls and Kate (pre marriage) ...99 percent of the things we hear are not first hand so who knows.

I fully expect them to behave well in public and figure they are all past anything that might of happened years ago. That doesn't mean they socialize outside of family events.

LaRae

It's been said for years the York girls weren't close to William or Zara/Peter ...reportedly there was a bit of a snub that went on when William was dating Kate (by the York girls) so who knows. It has kinda seemed like Harry is closer to Eugenie.

LaRae

I thik that was all tabloid gossip, but I suspect cannot be substantiated in any way.

99 percent of the things posted here about the BRF are unsubstantiated.

LaRae

Its very possible too that this engagement party was held for a specific group of people rather than an all embracing party for everyone that is close to Beatrice and Edo. I would imagine that this couple have friends and associates and acquaintances that would fill a huge dictionary type of an address book.

Perhaps this party was planned and the invitations went to those people that wouldn't necessarily be deemed "close personal friends of the couple" but those people that have been involved with either Beatrice or Edo or both of them in some way. DeNiro may have been instrumental in helping raise awareness for a charity or in some way, had a good connection with the couple. Not enough of one though that he would be invited to a party celebrating the engagement with close friends and family but close enough to warrant being invited to *a* party.

My first marriage was like that. Engagement party for close family then a wedding shower for friends and a separate wedding shower for family. Different aspects for the guest lists. The actual wedding was small and many of the guests at the different pre-wedding parties were not invited or were unable to attend.

This engagement party may be just one of a few with the others not being known to the public. ?

I would disagree that the people who attended the party are not close personal friends. Many of those photographed are well known to be close friends of Bea and Edo.

Ok....People Magazine is reporting that the party was thrown by Edo's mother Nikki, and that James Middleton and his fiancee as well as Pippa and her husband attended.

I think there were some celebrities who simply found a way to evade the paps and not be photographed entering.

Ok....People Magazine is reporting that the party was thrown by Edo's mother Nikki, and that James Middleton and his fiancee as well as Pippa and her husband attended.

I think there were some celebrities who simply found a way to evade the paps and not be photographed entering.

We seen Pippa and James Middleton in the pictures so we know they were there.

:previous: I saw James Matthews, but I did not see James Middleton or Alizee Thevenet.

LaRae

Well Eugenie did the reading at Peter's wedding. And Eugenie had William/Peter/Zara kids in her wedding. So there is likely a lot of warmth there even if they aren't super close.

That being said the Yorks have always been more of a clique with Harry. Philip being hospitalized today reminds me of an earlier time Philip was hospitalized. That time William/Peter/Zara traveled together to visit Philip, while Harry/Beatrice/Eugenie traveled together in a separate group to visit Philip.

So, apparently Dave and his wife have moved to the UK and the press is speculating whether Beatrice will invite them to her wedding.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...-Beatrices-ex-Dave-Clark-returns-live-UK.html

I wouldn't if it were me.
Yet, if they move in the same social circles they will probably meet, so maybe they will want to stay friends.

Unless...his former friends all drop him? We'll see what happens.

:previous: Why in the $%# would she and Edo want Smiley Dave at their wedding celebration??:bang:

I hope not.

When a relationship ends, its an end for the two people involved in the relationship. Its between them. Its not a cause for taking sides and creating camps and, in general, involving anyone but the couple that has split up.

Many times the split is amicable and life goes on. Many times there is deep conflict between the two that have split and life goes on. I would think that if Beatrice and Edo invited Dave and his wife to their wedding, its because they wanted to. Perhaps there is the thinking even that the split between Beatrice and Dave is the greatest thing since sliced bread. If they hadn't split, Beatrice wouldn't have found the relationship she now has with Edo.

Its all good. ?

So, apparently Dave and his wife have moved to the UK and the press is speculating whether Beatrice will invite them to her wedding.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...-Beatrices-ex-Dave-Clark-returns-live-UK.html

Yet, if they move in the same social circles they will probably meet, so maybe they will want to stay friends.

He wasn't at Eugenie's wedding. So I'm not sure they stayed friends with Dave. Though I expect Edo's ex will be invited, because with Wolfie there is an organic link still there.

I guess it really depends on how amicable the split was and if they remained friends ala lots of William and Harry's (and Kate's) old boyfriends/girlfriends at their weddings. It's definitely not uncommon in a social set where everyone dates each other.

There was lots of speculation but ultimately no definitive answer about how and why they broke up but it certainly can't have been fun for Beatrice when he married asap afterwards, even if it was ultimately for the best.

You don't invite an ex to your wedding unless you have a child with that person, and the child is invited. If you're not in a relationship with that person anymore, even if you're still friends, I think it's in poor taste to ask them to watch you marry someone else, even if you split years before. There's just something very tacky about it.

You don't invite an ex to your wedding unless you have a child with that person, and the child is invited. If you're not in a relationship with that person anymore, even if you're still friends, I think it's in poor taste to ask them to watch you marry someone else, even if you split years before. There's just something very tacky about it.

You might want to tell William, Harry and most of their friends that; add to that also Willem-Alexander (who invited Emily Bremers his girlfriend before Máxima; the two of them also attended her wedding) and many other royals it seems.

Only the Swedes seem not to have invited their exes (of many years); clearly there was 'bad blood' between Jonas and Madeleine and many seemed to think that Sofia considered Emma as a threat, so didn't want her around; not only at her own wedding but neither at important life events of Madeleine.

So, it seems to depend on the social circle, on whether the split was amicable and/or whether the ex might be perceived as a threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom