Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps having a more subdued wedding without all the public fanfare and the carriage ride is a matter of personal choice that Beatrice and Edo have made.

Perhaps they're taking into consideration that there will be a third member actually affected by this wedding and as involved as the bride and groom are when it comes to creating a "family". I'm referring to Wolfie. Beatrice and Edo may have come to an agreement that they will not put Wolfie on the public stage and in the public eye and be a target for speculation, gossip and innuendo and all that kind of stuff we see so much of.

Andrew and all of the other adults that come into play for this upcoming wedding are used to the "public eye" and opinions but for a small child, it can prove to be a traumatic experience and very scary to, all of a sudden, be the center of attention with 'tographers and flash bulbs and frantic people waving flags and doing silly things.

I am still holding out hope that the couple will give an interview, perhaps on the eve of the wedding.

On a more abstract level: Why an engagement at all, if you are not allowed to have second thoughts? In my humble opinion an engagement is not the time between proposal and wedding alone...

I think the second thoughts are supposed to happen before the engagement.
By the time someone gets engaged, they are supposed to know what they intend, and should be planning the wedding.
If they are unsure, why get engaged in the first place?

By the time someone gets engaged, they are supposed to know what they intend, and should be planning the wedding.

Because oftentimes, things happen in the interim between the engagement and the wedding that makes either the bride or groom or both experience "cold feet" and question if they're doing the right thing. Not every road to a wedding is a smooth one. Its how the term "bridezilla" was coined. :D

This. In some countries and cultures, a formal engagement carries the same weight as an actual betrothal.

An engagement is not legally binding in England but it is a public commitment. Of course it can be broken
but Edo's reputation would be toast if he abandoned Beatrice now, imo.:sad:

Why are we even assuming its just about his reputation :ermm:

Andrew and Epstein is nothing new. His friendship with the man has been public knowledge for a long time. Yes the dirt has hit the fan recently, but its not some deep hidden skeleton that suddenly came out. Edo knew all of the scandals and junk that came with marrying Bea before they began dating. He also knew marrying a royal would put him in a spotlight, even if he remains a private citizen.

This isn't one of the Hallmark Christmas movies out about the woman who finds out her boyfriend is a royal, and she suddenly has to decide if the public scrutiny is worth it. Like Jack, Edo was fully aware of the life, and family.

Heaven forbid we just consider Edo will not back out because I don't know....he loves his fiancé.

I have no idea why people all assume Bea wants the same grand wedding as her sister.
I have always read she and her fiancee want something smaller and less grand. I don't think an interview will happen there is no need Bea is not a full time working royal. I have now read that it will be more like Gabriella's wedding private and pictures will be released
to the press. I hope whatever they do it will be a wonderful day for them.

Sarah Ferguson will not show any such restraint - we KNOW she will not.

I don't see any recent events as reason for a break up, unless it has brought up other issues for them personally. Even if he was just a social climbing cad (which I don't think is the case) then Andrew is still DoY and will probably still land OK after everything settles.

I see a much less public wedding than Eugenie's but I think that was already the case as we've heard no further announcements since the engagement which was no the case with Eugenie's "invite the public into Windsor Castle grounds" things. It's probably what the couple prefer. I think no engagement interview was their choice as well since whilst they maybe have known about Epstein allegations starting up again they couldn't have known about the disastrous interview and current fallout.

I'm sure the Gloucester girls used one or another of the palace chapels in grounds of st James? Could that be a possibility. With a dinner/reception at Claridges/Ritz?

I think a London wedding, with the attendant press attention, will probably be far more public than one at St George's or All Saints in Windsor. If privacy and lower profile is what is being sought, one of the two Windsor venues is probably the best bet.

I don't see any recent events as reason for a break up, unless it has brought up other issues for them personally. Even if he was just a social climbing cad (which I don't think is the case) then Andrew is still DoY and will probably still land OK after everything settles.

I see a much less public wedding than Eugenie's but I think that was already the case as we've heard no further announcements since the engagement which was no the case with Eugenie's "invite the public into Windsor Castle grounds" things. It's probably what the couple prefer. I think no engagement interview was their choice as well since whilst they maybe have known about Epstein allegations starting up again they couldn't have known about the disastrous interview and current fallout.

The allegations were certainly in full swing when they announced their engagement. They announced in late September while the allegations resurfaced in August while Andrew was at Balmoral.

An engagement interview with Edo and Beatrice would not have been a free for all. It would have been a planned, controlled interview with someone trusted—and Andrew and Epstein would not have been a topic discussed.

Sarah Ferguson will not show any such restraint - we KNOW she will not.
I would agree a few months ago but now I feel that Sarah will do what the couple wants. It is their wedding. It was already published that the Queen and Andrew will foot the bill and that bride and groom really don't want a huge spectacle. There will be enough nasty comments about this wedding bringing up both Andrew and Sarah and other PR firm printing disgusting remarks about the gown, her looks, etc.

I would love for them to have a more private family and friends only ceremony with a few photos released the following day if that is their choice. Bea doesn't owe the public a single thing.

An engagement is not legally binding in England but it is a public commitment. Of course it can be broken
but Edo's reputation would be toast if he abandoned Beatrice now, imo.:sad:

A few days ago, on another site, someone said that they thought Edo was an "opportunist" who dumped his baby mama and took up with Bea to further his real estate career. They also predicted that he and Bea would never marry because he would dump her. I can actually see this happening because Bea is of no use to him in his career now that her father is a pariah who no longer has contacts that can help him. I also don't think Edo's "reputation would be toast" if he did dump her. There are a lot of people against Andrew right now and if Bea becomes "collateral damage" no one would care very much. I hope this does not happen because Bea deserves to be happy but, it could.

My opinion is that, if this wedding does come off, it will be a very small family affair with no TV or streaming, no carriage ride and as little fanfare as possible. And, that might be just the way Bea wants it.

An engagement interview with Edo and Beatrice would not have been a free for all. It would have been a planned, controlled interview with someone trusted—and Andrew and Epstein would not have been a topic discussed.

And the person doing the interview would have been roasted to within an inch of his/her life. They would have to get a reality star to do it because no real journalist would do such an interview. It would be impossible under the present circumstances, especially if it's true that Bea encouraged her father to do his fatal interview.

There will be no engagement interview nor any interview with any York family member for a very long time. Even Sarah will be encouraged to keep her mouth shut.

I get the impression that they want a small, private wedding. Not everyone, whether they're royal or not, wants a big fuss. All that matters is that it's what works for the couple involved. I do feel sad for Beatrice, because this should be a happy time for her, and she must be very distressed by what's happened with Prince Andrew. He's let Beatrice and Eugenie down badly, as well as letting the Queen down.

I think we'll see the quietist of quiet weddings now. As much as possible behind closed doors with no procession etc. This may have been what they wanted all along but either way it will probably be the only option for them now, sadly.

I think this will be a smaller marriage than Eugenie's, but I don't think it will be that small.
Beatrice must want to invite her friends (and she has many friends) and of course her family members. The wedding may even have about the same number of guests as Eugenie's wedding.
I am of the opinion that Beatrice and Edo should have the marriage they want, regardless of what happened to Andrew.
It may even be a smaller marriage, but Beatrice deserves to have the marriage she always dreamed of, because she did nothing wrong.

And the person doing the interview would have been roasted to within an inch of his/her life. They would have to get a reality star to do it because no real journalist would do such an interview. It would be impossible under the present circumstances, especially if it's true that Bea encouraged her father to do his fatal interview.

There will be no engagement interview nor any interview with any York family member for a very long time. Even Sarah will be encouraged to keep her mouth shut.

If an interview was going to occur, it would have been when the engagement was announced.

The Royal family has some friends in the media, (for instance-Tom Bradby) who would have done a controlled short interview, with nothing about Andrew's problems at the time.

Let's not conclude that Bea had anything to do with encouraging her father to do the interview based on DM gossip. We've heard about 5-6 stories about who did or didn't encourage Andrew to do the interview--all conflicting.

A few days ago, on another site, someone said that they thought Edo was an "opportunist" who dumped his baby mama and took up with Bea to further his real estate career. They also predicted that he and Bea would never marry because he would dump her. I can actually see this happening because Bea is of no use to him in his career now that her father is a pariah who no longer has contacts that can help him. I also don't think Edo's "reputation would be toast" if he did dump her. There are a lot of people against Andrew right now and if Bea becomes "collateral damage" no one would care very much. I hope this does not happen because Bea deserves to be happy but, it could.

My opinion is that, if this wedding does come off, it will be a very small family affair with no TV or streaming, no carriage ride and as little fanfare as possible. And, that might be just the way Bea wants it.

Again...the assumption that Edoardo will leave Beatrice because she is "no longer of any use to him".

So...it's quite out of the question that he proposed to this girl he has been friends with for years because he loves her?

After all, she had a scandal prone family LONG before he began to date her. He knew this. There are easier ways for a handsome wealthy aristocrat to social climb than to become the son in law of Andrew and Fergie.

I find the idea that some people refuse to believe this guy could love Beatrice very sad.:sad:

First I wish Bea could have been any normal day to day girl where no one would care she is getting married and to who, but being a member of the RF that will not happen.

So second, I would like to see Bea and Edoardo have a small wedding with family and a few friends, close by so grandpa can attend easily. Little fanfare even though the media would like to be there. The couple can release a few pictures. Then a short time have a reception of their own choice with all their friends...it can be on a beach, another country anywhere they choose. Others have done this, they could to.

Third I would hope Sarah and PA NOT give any interviews or comments, keep their mouths shut. Over the years they have both caused enough of a media stir and many problems. I hate for them to ruin Beas wedding any more then they have. I doubt Sarah can keep her mouth shut but the Queen has some hold over and on PA.

IMO it was bad enough Bea had to wait until the storm somewhat calmed down to announce her engagement. Then no matter what the couple wished, it was not just about them, the media had to bring in the parents dirt. Now the wedding plans are under the the microscope because of rumors again....I say rumors as we the public don’t know the facts and media loves to change the story for more drama. We can only guess and read the media gossip.

I really believe the two are in love. I believe Edoardo has been interested and in love with Bea for many years but she was in another relationship so Edoardo looked elsewhere. Since Bea was free and Edoardo had not made a permanent commitment to his then fiancé, he decided instead of making matters worse, to break off his past engagement and seek out Bea. Then the two realized they were meant for each other. Yes, it’s sad, a little boy will not have two parents daily with him, but mom travels a lot so she was and is gone....and what better step mom then Bea who has many second cousins she has played with and enjoyed being with. Bea will be a great step mom, the little boy will be loved by all. When this all started i often wondered why the first engagement was so long.....

It would be a super surprise if we woke up one day and headline say the two had married and they pulled off the greatest wedding caper of all times tricking the media!

I know many don’t agree with me but I think we all would like to see Princess Beatrice happy.

I assume any interview done at the time of their engagement would have been short and fluffy and not mentioned anything that wasn't about the couple. It wouldn't have even mentioned anything about his child and Bea's new role as a stepmother I they didn't want it mentioned.

Andrew was the one who was blamed for a lot of the controversy that surrounded parts of Eugenie's wedding - the one who was said to have insisted on the carriage ride and it being televised. That certainly won't happen now but I don't think it was in the cards before recent events. If they had wanted it to be more public then it wouldn't be two months later with no further details announced

[...] That certainly won't happen now but I don't think it was in the cards before recent events. If they had wanted it to be more public then it wouldn't be two months later with no further details announced

It is my guess that the Royal Family's intention always was to plan this wedding in reaction to future events, and therefore to leave options open to the fullest possible extent. (Even plans for a small private wedding, if already finalized, could have been included in the engagement announcement.) While the announcement of Princess Eugenie's engagement disclosed the venue and the approximate date ("autumn 2018"), only the year 2020 was disclosed in her sister's announcement, thereby leaving it open for the wedding to be held in any location and potentially as late as December 2020, which would be more than a year after the announcement.

First I wish Bea could have been any normal day to day girl where no one would care she is getting married and to who, but being a member of the RF that will not happen.

So second, I would like to see Bea and Edoardo have a small wedding with family and a few friends, close by so grandpa can attend easily. Little fanfare even though the media would like to be there. The couple can release a few pictures. Then a short time have a reception of their own choice with all their friends...it can be on a beach, another country anywhere they choose. Others have done this, they could to.

Third I would hope Sarah and PA NOT give any interviews or comments, keep their mouths shut. Over the years they have both caused enough of a media stir and many problems. I hate for them to ruin Beas wedding any more then they have. I doubt Sarah can keep her mouth shut but the Queen has some hold over and on PA.

IMO it was bad enough Bea had to wait until the storm somewhat calmed down to announce her engagement. Then no matter what the couple wished, it was not just about them, the media had to bring in the parents dirt. Now the wedding plans are under the the microscope because of rumors again....I say rumors as we the public don’t know the facts and media loves to change the story for more drama. We can only guess and read the media gossip.

I really believe the two are in love. I believe Edoardo has been interested and in love with Bea for many years but she was in another relationship so Edoardo looked elsewhere. Since Bea was free and Edoardo had not made a permanent commitment to his then fiancé, he decided instead of making matters worse, to break off his past engagement and seek out Bea. Then the two realized they were meant for each other. Yes, it’s sad, a little boy will not have two parents daily with him, but mom travels a lot so she was and is gone....and what better step mom then Bea who has many second cousins she has played with and enjoyed being with. Bea will be a great step mom, the little boy will be loved by all. When this all started i often wondered why the first engagement was so long.....

It would be a super surprise if we woke up one day and headline say the two had married and they pulled off the greatest wedding caper of all times tricking the media!

I know many don’t agree with me but I think we all would like to see Princess Beatrice happy.

Wow I thought that only I had this impression of maybe Edo having some feeling for Beatrice from time to time.

Perhaps what we're seeing now and musing about in regards to Beatrice and Edo' commitment and every opinion from social media to the press and from the Queen's corgis is actually a blessing in disguise.

The proverbial crapstorm has hit the fan during this couple's engagement period *big time* and most couples are not so lucky to have "make or break" events that tests the waters on how well they'll handle things. Together.

To have and to hold for better or for worse is part of a marriage vow between couples and their opportunity to hold each other and comfort each other and get each other through a terrible time usually isn't severely tested until after the wedding. If they make this vow to each other on their wedding day, they *know* they've already weathered a huge storm together and can stand strong together through anything. ?

Just a thought.

I dont think he was ever engaged to his ex there was no society pappers announcing his engagement with her. His sister annonced her engagement in the pappers.The ex loves instagram there was never a ring on that finger any pics, but then again Edo does seem more private. could be wrong just an opinion.

The proverbial crapstorm has hit the fan during this couple's engagement period *big time* and most couples are not so lucky to have "make or break" events that tests the waters on how well they'll handle things. Together.

Hmmm, but it reads a bit like Mr. Mapelli Mozzi, the property developer, is now the "good catch" and not the English Princess...

In my opinion Beatrice and Edoardo should have the Wedding THEY want, unclouded by the naysayers who seem to think that the [alleged] misdemeanours of the Brides Father should mean they scuttle away and marry in obscurity..

They have done nothing to be ashamed of, or pilloried for, and I fervently hope she will be married as befits a Princess of the United Kingdom, and not some unfortunate 'shotgun' eloper..

I also hope that Beatrice and Edo will have a wedding of their dreams. It will be so sad for their day to be impacted because of their dad's actions.

I am sure the situation is already very hard for them - regardless.

My prayers for Bea and Eugenie. I can't even imagine what they are going through. No matter what - this is still their dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom