Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you all think for some reason Beatrice is going to be wearing a period costume? That's way past vintage! lol

LaRae

Just having a giggle or two with the discussion on how many can fit into St. Jame's now as opposed to when Victoria and Albert married there. Its fun.

Then again, what would be totally different with Beatrice and Edo's wedding is if they decided to go with a period wedding and the theme is Victorian times. After all, Beatrice did have a cameo role in the "Young Victoria" movie as a lady in waiting.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Pri...wKHXRLDa8Q9QEwFHoECAoQDw#imgrc=dnY4zOySlas2gM:

Just having a giggle or two with the discussion on how many can fit into St. Jame's now as opposed to when Victoria and Albert married there. Its fun.

Then again, what would be totally different with Beatrice and Edo's wedding is if they decided to go with a period wedding and the theme is Victorian times. After all, Beatrice did have a cameo role in the "Young Victoria" movie as a lady in waiting.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Pri...wKHXRLDa8Q9QEwFHoECAoQDw#imgrc=dnY4zOySlas2gM:

While I hope she wears something more vintage even with a Victorian feel ...I don't want her to wear a costume! I've seen a few dresses that give a hint of that without being overly so.

LaRae

While I hope she wears something more vintage even with a Victorian feel ...I don't want her to wear a costume! I've seen a few dresses that give a hint of that without being overly so.

LaRae

Oh it'll never happen. I was being fanciful and giggling at the idea of HM, The Queen dressed as her great-great-grandmother. She could even wear the tiara that Victoria deemed could only be worn by the monarch. :D

Victoria wore black though and a widow's cap and veil for the last forty years of her life. Not very cheerful for a wedding or appropriate with Prince Philip still around.

And, strictly speaking, Victoria didn't wear a crinoline for her wedding in 1840. They didn't come into fashion in England until around 1857. There were crinolines at her eldest son's wedding but that was at St Georges Chapel. More room!

The question of costs and security comes into it. And we don't even know if this wedding will be televised. The BBC didn't want to show Eugenie's nuptials, and it was only at Andrew's insistence that ITV agreed to add it to their morning programming.

This Morning's "Royal Wedding Special" did some good numbers for the time of day and being a week day wedding of a non William and Harry young royal. If they're thinking Bea's might do around the same then I think they would be open to the discussion at least. If that's something the Yorks and Bea and Edo want this time around.

I think the carriage ride will be mixed because that was the most controversial part, even though people did actually turn up to watch in the end.

Ah, going to a themed wedding/party and being able to wear the actual pieces themselves...…..

This Morning's "Royal Wedding Special" did some good numbers for the time of day and being a week day wedding of a non William and Harry young royal. If they're thinking Bea's might do around the same then I think they would be open to the discussion at least. If that's something the Yorks and Bea and Edo want this time around.

I think the carriage ride will be mixed because that was the most controversial part, even though people did actually turn up to watch in the end.

Ah, going to a themed wedding/party and being able to wear the actual pieces themselves...…..

The carraige ride was seen as a 3 million pounds vanity project at taxpayers expense. The local council complained about having to pay towards the policing after a childrens play area and library in the area had been closed shortly before due to lack of money. There was also an extra security charge for policing within the castle precincts as Andrew insisted on having members of the public there too but all in all it was the procession around the town that was the main expense. IF the Yorks want to go down this road again it would be highly advisable that they pick up the security bill themselves and maybe they will.

My guess Beatrice is exploring the venues now. It have to be booked in advance.

I'd be willing to bet that everything major has already been decided, even before the public announcement.
The BRF is all about planning.

I'd be willing to bet that everything major has already been decided, even before the public announcement.
The BRF is all about planning.

I agree, BP didn't announce that Lady Gabriella was marrying at St. George's and having the reception at Frogmore House until 3 months after the engagement but I don't believe that LG spent those 3 months looking at venues. She said that Windsor was her first choice and I'm sure the Queen would have approved that before the engagement was even announced. I think that B will also know where she is marrying and probably the date too. Why BP sometimes delay in confirming these details I don't know.

I would suggest HM approves the choices rather than makes them. If need be would say no.

I agree, the Queen does not seem to be a micro-manager.

And while the preferred venue and general preferred date/month for the wedding might be known by the bride and groom--until everyone who is essential to attend has checked their calendars/diaries for conflicts they won't settle on an actual date.

Those two have known they were going to marry for awhile...it's just now that we are all being made aware of it. So my guess is all those details (location, reception, Church, dress designer etc) are already known. Hopefully we get a release of more info soon.

LaRae

I believe The Queen chooses the venue. Certainly, she did when Eugenie announced her engagement.

Well, the Bride usually get a chance to look the venues over first. That’s what Catherine did. Remember she toured some venues before it was announced that Westminster’s Abbey was her pick. She was pictured touring at night.

Those two have known they were going to marry for awhile...it's just now that we are all being made aware of it. So my guess is all those details (location, reception, Church, dress designer etc) are already known. Hopefully we get a release of more info soon.

LaRae

They only got engaged recently, so I am not sure that all has been planned. Edo has known for months he was going to propose and Beatrice might have a hunch that he would but I don't think everything has been arranged, assuming they started planning for their wedding less than 2 weeks ago or so?

Well, the Bride usually get a chance to look the venues over first. That’s what Catherine did. Remember she toured some venues before it was announced that Westminster’s Abbey was her pick. She was pictured touring at night.
But I assume that Beatrice knows the venues by heart. How many times has she been in all those churches and chapels, both for weddings, other royal events or normal services? I doubt that she needs an extra tour.

But I assume that Beatrice knows the venues by heart. How many times has she been in all those churches and chapels, both for weddings, other royal events or normal services? I doubt that she needs an extra tour.

Every young woman has her dreams.
There will be a basic outline already there, just waiting to be fleshed out.

It was Prince Andrew who said in the run-up to Eugenie's wedding that The Queen chose the venue. This was the interview where he rather infamously made some sort of comment about the setup of the church as opposed to the Sussex wedding and said this was due to Eugenie and Jack being such nice people that naturally, more people would come and they would have to fit more in. :lol:

It was Prince Andrew who said in the run-up to Eugenie's wedding that The Queen chose the venue. This was the interview where he rather infamously made some sort of comment about the setup of the church as opposed to the Sussex wedding and said this was due to Eugenie and Jack being such nice people that naturally, more people would come and they would have to fit more in. :lol:

Perhaps the Queen just vetoed Westminster Abbey.

Are you able to post a link to the interview please. It seems an extraordinary thing to say.

Are you able to post a link to the interview please. It seems an extraordinary thing to say.

It caused quite a mini-controvery in the lead up to the wedding(Andrew's comments) I remember it quite well.

But I also didn't think he was necessarily taking a shot at Harry and Meghan.

Last edited:
My guess Beatrice is exploring the venues now. It have to be booked in advance.

With the exception of St Paul's the churches I have seen mentioned are Royal Peculiars which means that the Queen has to approve ALL services that take place there.

There are limits on who can actually even get married in these churches - e.g. the bride/groom has to have a special connection to the place such as they work there or in the case of WA they are the family of a member of the Order of the Bath and St George's a family member of someone with the Order of the Garter (and not a distant cousin but child or sibling).

As these churches are ones where the Queen is the person who has to give permission to marry they aren't used for weddings or other special services all that often. 'Booking a venue' is therefore not an issue either for the church or for the possible/probably reception venues such as Windsor Castle, Frogmore or one of the many reception rooms in London.

A wedding at The Chapel Royal at St James' and the reception there as well would mean virtually no need for security as almost everything would be done away from the public eyes.

Last edited:

Catherine was pictured touring the Abbey at night. (Although I'm not so sure it was a tour; more like a meeting with personnel.

But I don't recall her touring any other venues.

Beatrice has been to the various venues a number of times throughout her life whereas Catherine may very well not have really looked at the Abbey as a potential wedding venue until she really had to accept the reality of her decision.

I don't understand the comments about Kate choosing Westminster abbey, wasn't it the only choice for the wedding of the future King? I mean st paul is quite nice but I didn't think it was in the run

They only got engaged recently, so I am not sure that all has been planned. Edo has known for months he was going to propose and Beatrice might have a hunch that he would but I don't think everything has been arranged, assuming they started planning for their wedding less than 2 weeks ago or so?

She knew it was coming ...they knew they were going to marry. She might not of known when but there's no way she didn't have some of the particulars already in mind. No nothing has been formally arranged....but she knows what she wants/they want by this point.

LaRae

I don't understand the comments about Kate choosing Westminster abbey, wasn't it the only choice for the wedding of the future King? I mean st paul is quite nice but I didn't think it was in the run

There were rumors that Kate wanted a quiet country wedding, similar to what Pippa had later. So there was some speculation in the press that she might marry elsewhere than WA.

But- like I said I don't remember her touring any other venues, except for going to Westminster Abbey one night. And that, I believe, was more like a meeting with the canons and other personnel.
I do believe the Abbey was the only choice considered for Kate and William.

Speculation is right. Like the speculation Harry and Meghan would elope to Vegas. Just OTT rumors that were made up to print more stories.

The minute that Kate agreed to marry William, the thought of having a small country wedding were blown away. As the future king of UK he was going to have a semi state wedding one way or another. Security alone would not allow for some country church no matter what the bride dreamed of.

Beatrice is in a different position. If she wanted, she could have a much smaller wedding like the extended family. She doesnt have a list of royal guests, foreign leaders and religious heads to come, as well as their personal guests.

But like Eugenie, Beatrice will have a huge list. And likely far more posh then Harry and perhaps even more so then her sister. The York sisters move in much more posh circles then even their cousins do. Like Eugenie, Beatrice actually socializes with continental royals (at least former) on a personal level, and not simply at royal events and Olympics.

At the very least we will see the royals that we saw at Eugenie's: The Hannoverian princes and their wives. A few Greeks. I could see the Cassiraghi trio and their spouses as they move in the same circle (not royals but royal related). Even Amedeo and his wife are a chance.

Beatrice was at Amedeo of Belgium's wedding in Italy. He also attended the masked Ball at Windsor to mark her 18th birthday. I would be very surprised if he and his wife are not invited to her wedding.

Pavlos and Marie Chantal of Greece attended Eugenie's wedding with at least one of their children. They will probably be at Beatrice's nuptials.

Let's not even get started on the Mapelli-Mozzi, with their familial and friendship ties to
Italian and British high society.

Come to think of it, even though it will not happen the potential for a very large and varied guest list might be the reason some book makers are suggesting the wedding will take place at Westminster Abbey.:whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom