Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Think positive. Beatrice is a striking young woman, and with the right styling, she will look quite beautiful and stunning, as most brides do on their wedding day. :flowers:

Plus, I'm sure that Sarah will be helped out to look nice, just as she was for Eugenie's wedding in that forest green outfit.

If the only options are St James or St George's, really there is one option.

Realistically the royal chapel at St James is not large enough to host a royal wedding. At least not a modern royal wedding. Christening yes, wedding no. Even if they only invited family and no friends, it would be crowded. Beautiful chapel but not practical at all in terms of a wedding.

Same with Sandringham or Balmoral. While it would cut down on the cost of security to marry at either royal estate, neither has a church big enough to host the service at in near proximity.

I agree that St James is too small. After seeing Beatrice and Edo at the Napoleon wedding today, I am more convinced than ever that they will have a very large and very posh guest list as well.

I realize that York Minster and Westminister Abby have virtually no chance, but I really hope that this story about the nuptials taking place in a marquee on the grounds of Royal Lodge is just a rumour at this point. It sounds more like a celebrity wedding than a Royal one, and the chances of it being televised under those circumstances are likely ZERO.:ermm:

I agree that St James is too small. After seeing Beatrice and Edo at the Napoleon wedding today, I am more convinced than ever that they will have a very large and very posh guest list as well.

I realize that York Minster and Westminister Abby have virtually no chance, but I really hope that this story about the nuptials taking place in a marquee on the grounds of Royal Lodge is just a rumour at this point. It sounds more like a celebrity wedding than a Royal one, and the chances of it being televised under those circumstances are likely ZERO.:ermm:

The marquee for anything but a reception is a baseless rumor at best.

For a religious ceremony it would need to be held within a church.

If they chose the civil route, in England a civil wedding has to be held in a permanent structure. A marquee in the garden is not a permanent structure. Beyond that, the place has to be licensed for a wedding. Which means not simply for the couple. Andrew would have to be willing to have other weddings held on his property, for Royal Lodge to be given a license as a venue.

This is the issue that Charles and Camilla had. They had to have their civil wedding at the registrar's office. If they had wanted to have it at Windsor, it would have to become a licensed wedding venue. And that would mean it would be open to the public to marry there.

Now an evening reception like her sister at Royal Lodge, after a lunch hosted by the queen, seems like the logical route.

The marquee for anything but a reception is a baseless rumor at best.

For a religious ceremony it would need to be held within a church.

If they chose the civil route, in England a civil wedding has to be held in a permanent structure.

I agree, "The marquee for anything but a reception is a baseless rumor at best."

The wedding is likely to be at St George's. I just cannot see Beatrice marry in a civil ceremony.

I wish they would at least confirm the venue although I believe that they already know the venue and date of the wedding at this point.

:previous:
I'm sure they already know everything, right down to the menu.

As for St. George's being the only practical choice, I really don't see why?
Other members of the family have married at St. Margaret's, Hampton Court, York Minster, Guards' Chapel,etc.
So why shouldn't Beatrice?

I don't even see why the Abbey has no chance, if there's no carriage processional then there's no massive security costs, no more than for an ordinary event at WA.
The Reception could be held at BP.

After seeing them at yesterday’s wedding it reminded me just how many people she is friends with and might want to invite to the wedding. St George’s may not be big enough.

Even if they wanted to invite more than the 800 people St. George's can seat to her wedding (which isn't likely) I don't think they'd be able to upgrade to Westminster Abbey or St. Pauls. And Whilst York and Beverly minsters are lovely, they are also unlikely as venues.

All her family that have been married at St. George's could probably have doubled their guest list, but chose or had it chosen for them for other reasons. It certainly doesn't have to be there but it seems the most likely and convenient for a number of reasons, including basically her home parish. But they might well be looking at other options. The lack of engagement interview etc doesn't lead me to think it's going to be hugely public though.

After seeing them at yesterday’s wedding it reminded me just how many people she is friends with and might want to invite to the wedding. St George’s may not be big enough.

They may very well know a lot of people, and be able to fill a larger venue than St. George's but they will likely have to pare their guest list to fit the venue that is made available to them, or face the backlash if they choose a larger, non-royal venue with all the attendant costs for security, disruption of traffic, etc.

The fact that we have not heard any announcement about where they will be married is making me wonder if that's exactly what is in the works, however. In that case, the fuss over Eugenie's carriage ride through Windosr will look fairly minor.

We don't know when they will marry though. If it's around Easter time or the late Spring when the Queen is at Windsor for some time, that's still quite a few months away. And if it's going to be semi-private there might not be too many public announcements.

I love that they attended the wedding in France and Edoardo was able to brush shoulders with some royal and noble acquaintances. He looks really handsome.

It just makes me wonder how their wedding would be. The Princess Napoléon's dress was rather bizarre, I wonder if she will also do the same.

I don't think her dress was bizarre ...it was an ODL ....the skirt was quite beautiful. I don't see Beatrice doing anything too fashion forward. It suspect it will fall into the realm of more traditional.

For all we know Edo has brushed shoulders with various royals and nobles since he was a kid (other than the Yorks). Might of been old hat for him.

LaRae

I thought the dress was a real work of art, but I'm less sure that it suited the bride. I think something on the scale of that dress required a bride with a bit more stature and charisma. She's lovely woman, but the dress looked as though it was wearing her and she was just along for the ride.

The new Princess Napoleon is quite a tall woman. I don't agree that she needed more stature to pull off the unusual design. I admit that the gown surprised me. I was sure she would choose something more mundane, based on how she usually dresses in public.

Anyway, with Jean-Cristophe's height approaching 6'5" and his new wife appearing about 5'9" (at least), I expect formidable heights for any children they have!:ohmy:;)

:previous:
I'm sure they already know everything, right down to the menu.

As for St. George's being the only practical choice, I really don't see why?
Other members of the family have married at St. Margaret's, Hampton Court, York Minster, Guards' Chapel,etc.
So why shouldn't Beatrice?

I don't even see why the Abbey has no chance, if there's no carriage processional then there's no massive security costs, no more than for an ordinary event at WA.
The Reception could be held at BP.

WA is mainly about optics. The last wedding there was for the future king. His own brother didnt get a wedding there. It wouldn't look good for Beatrice. As for Buckingham that would serve for the wedding lunch. But the queen has only hosted one reception for all grandchildren, even William. I highly doubt she would host two for Beatrice.

The issue with some of your other suggestions are either

1. size
2. reception location

Or both.

Really the only 2 you suggested that would be large enough would be York (no reception venue, Kents used her family estate) and St Margaret's (would need the queen to host both receptions which is not likely).

Hampton only seats 250 in its largest room, and the guard's hall 500. While guards may be large enough, I dont see them going that much smaller then her sister's wedding was.

St George's makes sense for

-size
-two reception venues
-security costs
-could even allow for a carriage ride within the grounds with no security costs
-it is Beatrice's home church, she grew up there

:previous: All things considered, I am almost certain it will be St. George's, with Royal Lodge and perhaps Frogmore as reception/evening party venues.

It can also be a romantic wedding at Crathie Church. One never knows. We will see.
When the future King can marry in St George, it can not be too small for a York Princess

I think a Wedding similar to Harry's and Eugenie's at St George's Chapel is the most likely option. If they want to have a televised wedding at all... It would also be practical for The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh to have their private apartment at Windsor Castle basically just around the corner if they are well enough to attend. We have to remember that they will likely be 94 and 99 by the time the wedding takes place...

Or perhaps a Scottish wedding at Canongate Kirk like Zara and Mike had (or St Giles' if she wants to go big). With the reception at Holyroodhouse.

WA is mainly about optics. The last wedding there was for the future king. His own brother didnt get a wedding there. It wouldn't look good for Beatrice. As for Buckingham that would serve for the wedding lunch. But the queen has only hosted one reception for all grandchildren, even William. I highly doubt she would host two for Beatrice.

The issue with some of your other suggestions are either

1. size
2. reception location

Or both.

Really the only 2 you suggested that would be large enough would be York (no reception venue, Kents used her family estate) and St Margaret's (would need the queen to host both receptions which is not likely).

The Queen wouldn't have to host two receptions; there could simply be an after-party at a London venue, like Lady Gabriella had.

It can also be a romantic wedding at Crathie Church. One never knows. We will see.
When the future King can marry in St George, it can not be too small for a York Princess

Re-marry, and it wasn't even the actual rital. It was a service of blessing and dedication, the actual marriage service took place in Windsor Guildhall.

Last edited:
The Queen wouldn't have to host two receptions; there could simply be an after-party at a London venue, like Lady Gabriella had.

Beatrice is not likely to just have an 'after party' but an actual dinner reception like her sister. And unlike Gabrielle, many senior royals are likely to be in attendance at the evening reception. Which adds again to security costs.

:previous: Thank you Skippy, for clearing it up. I was wracking my brain trying to figure out which future king was recently wed at St. George's!:lol:

The last future King to marry at St George's was Edward VII who married Princess Alexandra of Denmark at St George's.

His son and heir, the future George V, married at the Chapel Royal at St James, as did Queen Victoria.

:previous: True, talking British kings :flowers:

But little bit of trivia, the last future king to marry there was Prince Gustaf Adolph of Sweden (future King Gustaf VI, grandfather of Carl Gustaf). He married his first wife Margaret of Connaught at St George's in 1905. They became the Crown princely couple two years later.

Royal weddings were certainly smaller in those days. George V had about 130 guests at his wedding. I can't imagine any senior royal now a days with that small of a list, certainly not the future king.

Any ideas in mind of who will Princess Beatrice be wearing at the wedding day? I'm really pretty excited about this wedding.

:previous: I am almost certain it won't be Elie Saab, which is a shame. Beatrice wore a Saab evening gown some years ago that made her look like a goddess. He understands how to dress women who are not a size 2.

I am excited about this wedding too...as well as a little anxious.:ermm:

I'm still waiting on the wedding date! How long was it between Eugenie's engagement press release and them setting a date? From recollection, it wasn't long!

All her family that have been married at St. George's could probably have doubled their guest list, but chose or had it chosen for them for other reasons. It certainly doesn't have to be there but it seems the most likely and convenient for a number of reasons, including basically her home parish.

Does she really consider it her home church, though?
Other than Easter services and weddings, does Beatrice ever attend services there?

I suppose it is the home parish for Royal Lodge, but Beatrice doesn't live there any longer.

I just feel that Beatrice and Edo would prefer a London wedding, but perhaps that's just my imagination. :lol:

:previous: That's a good point, but to be honest none of the young Royals in the BRF appear to attend church services outside of Easter, Christmas, and weddings/funerals. :cool:

By "home parish" I think what is meant is that St.George's is located at Windsor, which is where the bride to be spent most of her childhood and primary school education.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom