Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
St George's makes sense. One of the major concerns will be security and the cost of it. If they want to limit people complaining, this is one area. St George's offers built in security, especially if they don't open the grounds to the public. It also offers a local for the day time reception and a night time one as well.

Yes it may be the same church as her sister but doesnt mean will be the same. Music, flowers, readings these all add different touches. And when you have a religious wedding, the real difference lays more in the reception anyways.

That's true.
I just feel that, if I were Beatrice and had a choice of venue, I'd want something different than the site used for the last three weddings.

Televising Beatrice's wedding may be a problem in the US because of Andrew.

Most likely, if Beatrice's wedding is to be televised in the US, it will be picked up in the US by the TLC channel. They had the exclusive rights to air Eugenie's wedding last year. It will have absolutely nothing to do with Andrew whatsoever. Back in 2018, TLC had this to say about broadcasting royal weddings. ?

“Weddings are an essential part of our programming DNA, and having two royal weddings is cause for celebration on TLC,” Howard Lee, president and general manager of TLC, said in a statement. “In May, we were thrilled to provide live coverage of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding. Now it’s Princess Eugenie’s turn, and U.S. fans of the royal family will get to witness all the flourishes of this big day only on TLC.”

I imagine it will be the same for Beatrice's wedding (assuming that they want the wedding broadcasted).

I am sure the wedding will be broadcast.
The ones that will not be are to be those of Louise and James in the distant future; they will be at those moments more "distant" royals - probably nephews of the reigning King (giving that Charles will live as long as his father)
And Beatrice is the direct descendant (granddaughter) of the reigning Queen.

Most people that have an interest in watching a “royal” wedding are not going to be put off by the bride’s father. And possible viewership will drive the decision, not any moral concerns about Andrew.

That's true.
I just feel that, if I were Beatrice and had a choice of venue, I'd want something different than the site used for the last three weddings.

Or she could feel like many brides and want to marry in the “family church” no matter who else in her family married there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eugenie’s Wedding wasn’t televised here in America. We viewed it through the royal YouTube channel. I think there will be tv coverage in the UK and on the Royal YouTube channel for Beatrice’s wedding, too.

Last edited:
That's true.

But it's not a venue site, it's a church, and church that has essentially been the family's parish church for most of her lifetime. This idea that every wedding is an event and has to have unique venue is very odd to me, because it puts the emphasis on the wedding ceremony as theatre, when it's a religious ceremony. There's lots of opportunity for unique showmanship during the reception(s).

Eugenie’s Wedding wasn’t televised here in America. We viewed it through the royal YouTube channel. I think there will be tv coverage in the UK and on the Royal YouTube channel for Beatrice’s wedding, too.

Actually, it *was* televised here in the US on TLC. ?

TLC announced Thursday it would be the exclusive network to air Princess Eugenie’s wedding. Their broadcast, called Royal Wedding Live: Princess Eugenie, will begin at 4:25 a.m. EST on Friday, October 12, and the cable network will air an encore of the broadcast starting at 7:25 a.m. ET. (The West Coast will be on a standard three-hour tape delay, a rep confirms.)

Chris Ship and ITV were very pleased with the numbers from Eugenie’s wedding. Whether or not they decide to televise Beatrice’s, we’ll have to wait and see.

Actually, it *was* televised here in the US on TLC. ?

TLC announced Thursday it would be the exclusive network to air Princess Eugenie’s wedding. Their broadcast, called Royal Wedding Live: Princess Eugenie, will begin at 4:25 a.m. EST on Friday, October 12, and the cable network will air an encore of the broadcast starting at 7:25 a.m. ET. (The West Coast will be on a standard three-hour tape delay, a rep confirms.)

Oh, yeah, that’s right. Lately, my memory has been letting me down.

Eugenie's wedding got very good figures for when it was and how it was broadcast. This Morning usually gets in the 1 million range, the Royal Wedding Special peaked at 3.9, bosses were very happy with it. That wouldn't be the problem if they want to go that route again.

Terrible press for Andrew is going to be a factor in the run up to the wedding, especially if it is perceived he is trying to go toe to toe or outdo the weddings of the Wales boys etc again, it will be savage. However on the day the focus will be on the couple if nothing else comes out between now and then. On the day people did come out to line that damn carriage route and the media focused on the positive. Plus there was a lot to be milked in terms of clickbait from the many, many videos and pictures the guests kept posting on social media.

But either they're aware of this or they have learned some lessons from Eugenie's wedding controversies by saying it's all being paid for privately right away.

I was surprised at how well covered Eugenie's wedding was here in England since the average person wouldn't really know who she was. It'll be interesting to see how Beatrice's will do indeed.

Do you think that Edoardo and Princess Beatrice will have a morning wedding or an afternoon wedding?

I am sure the wedding will be broadcast.
The ones that will not be are to be those of Louise and James in the distant future; they will be at those moments more "distant" royals - probably nephews of the reigning King (giving that Charles will live as long as his father)
And Beatrice is the direct descendant (granddaughter) of the reigning Queen.

Louise and James are as direct a descendant as Beatrice. They are first cousins and the grandchildren of the reigning queen. Of course, they will not marry next year.

Louise and James are as direct a descendant as Beatrice. They are first cousins and the grandchildren of the reigning queen. Of course, they will not marry next year.

I think that's what Bibi was trying to say.

At the time they marry they are most likely either niece/nephew or first cousin to the than reigning king instead of grandchildren of the reigning queen.

:previous: Yes, Edward and Sophie did have a noon wedding. I watched it live.?

By the time Louise and James marry they probably won't be the grandchildren of the reigning monarch but the niece and nephew so they will be in the same relationship to the reigning monarch as David and Sarah were when they married.

Peter and Zara didn't have televised weddings and they were the grandchildren of the reigning monarch of the day but of course not royal grandchildren and as per the Queen's will nor are Louise and James.

Edward & Sophie’s wedding was at 5pm Windsor time. It was considered unusual for a Royal wedding in Britain. The ladies mostly wore evening gowns/long dresses without hats. The Queen wore a feathery headdress with her evening gown, the Queen Mother wore a day dress with a “proper hat.”

Last edited:
Edward & Sophie’s wedding was at 5pm Windsor time. It was considered unusual for a Royal wedding in Britain. The ladies mostly wore evening gowns/long dresses without hats. The Queen wore a feathery headdress with her evening gown, the Queen Mother wore a day dress with a “proper hat.”

Yes! I remember Edward and Sophie had a "no hats" guideline in their invitations, but the QM was having none of that.

But the men were in morning suit, weren't they ? Shouldn't they be in white tie instead ?

But the men were in morning suit, weren't they ? Shouldn't they be in white tie instead ?

Indeed. It was an odd "hybrid" of the classic Engish wedding and the continental style royal weddings.

Please note that several off-topic and antagonistic posts have been deleted. Please be mindful of the topic of the thread before posting. Thank you.

Kudos to them for changing it up

Indeed. It was an odd "hybrid" of the classic Engish wedding and the continental style royal weddings.

More like Scandinavian style royal weddings.
As far as I remember, royal weddings in the Benelux and in Spain are in the morning.

Eugenie's wedding was almost not broadcast at all, the BBC didn't want to and ITV only did when then the "This Morning" programme stepped in to do so. Much of this, I suspect, was to do with the fact that their wedding was on a Friday and most people would have been in work so the expense of sending out a team to report live on it when they would usually be showing news programmes or other pre-recorded shows would have outweighed the number of viewers available. The BBC did show parts of the wedding on its news services, just as they did for Zara and Peter's weddings (although then there were no cameras inside the church).

For ITV, This Morning would have been broadcasting live anyway so it was simply a case of moving to a different location/studio for the morning and making the wedding their show for the day.

This btw isn't be having a go or being down on Eugenie and Beatrice. If Beatrice's wedding is a Saturday morning/afternoon then they may well be more interested in covering it as more people would be off work to tune in.

Last edited:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...yal-rule-book-refuses-procession-wedding.html

Not sure how accurate this is!!!! It sounds a bit contradictory. Still, it does rule out any carriage ride.

I swear among other issues (and they have many) The DM seems to suffer from amnesia. While Eugenie's wedding lunch was at the castle, her reception was hosted by her father at Royal Lodge. The same thing being suggested here being considered for Beatrice.

Love that Royal Lodge is being described as 'slightly modest'. :lol:

Or the insinuation they are going more modest as they want to hide the shame of a child out of wedlock :bang:

Wolfie as best man??? Page boy yes, standing by dad as best man:ermm:

Oh and I guess Beatrice is getting revenge on Harry and Meghan. The Sussexes upstaged her sister's wedding with a baby announcement. So she purposely tried to upstage their tour with her wedding announcement.

Does the DM ever tire of all this shotty journalism??? Seems not.

What if the wedding occurred in Beverley Minster? Beverley Minster is located in the Province of York.

What if the wedding occurred in Selby Abbey? Selby Abbey is located in Selby, North Yorkshire.

Last edited by a moderator:
The security costs would rule out anywhere outside of Windsor I think.

At Windsor Castle they can literally shut the entire castle down and not have any public anywhere there if they won't to do so.

There was a lot of criticism of Zara marrying in Edinburgh due to the security costs of shutting down the centre of Edinburgh for the wedding and the same thing would happen if she married anywhere other than at St George's or maybe the Chapel Royal at St James'.

Given the anti-Andrew sentiments at the moment, the reports about the wealth of the BRF coming out (again) and the clear and increasing anti-monarchy stance of many previous pro-monarchy papers (DM, Express in particular) the BRF would be well advised to keep this wedding close to home and spend as little of public money on it as possible. The optics are important and the political situation in the UK could easily turn ugly. While the BRF wouldn't be targeted at the moment an unnecessary show of extravagance could see them become targets rather than being a sideshow to give people some needed entertainment (such as the sheer enjoyment of seeing what total monstrosity Sarah will wear).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom