The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 11:52 AM
Aristocracy

It is only the shielded that have to wait until 1 August. That is approx 2 million people in the whole of the UK that isnít all the over 70ís and people with underlying conditions. The Queen and Prince Philip might not be shielding. I suspect they arenít or we wouldnít have seen pictures of them (as that would be breaking the shielding guidance).

I just have a feeling to this couple the most important thing is being married. They were never going to have a big wedding ceremony. They could get married now at Windsor with 30 guests and then have a massive party at a later date. Iíd be very surprised if they could have a massive party anytime before next summer. We are likely to go into lockdown again at some point over the winter months.

Most couples these days donít have to be married before having children so delaying doesnít mean they would have to put that off. For Beatrice she does need to be married and she might just want to get on with it.

Old 06-26-2020, 12:23 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Lyman View Post
The Queen and Prince Philip might not be shielding. I suspect they arenít or we wouldnít have seen pictures of them (as that would be breaking the shielding guidance).

Anyone over the age of 70 with underlying health conditions especially, are at significant risk if they catch Covid. They are shielding.

Weíve seen two photos of The Queen and Prince Philip, both taken at a 2 metre distance by a single photographer, if he entered the palace compound with either correct PPE or didnít touch a single thing other than the items he brought in, then they havenít broken shielding.

Old 06-26-2020, 05:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Anyone over the age of 70 with underlying health conditions especially, are at significant risk if they catch Covid. They are shielding.

Weíve seen two photos of The Queen and Prince Philip, both taken at a 2 metre distance by a single photographer, if he entered the palace compound with either correct PPE or didnít touch a single thing other than the items he brought in, then they havenít broken shielding.

That isnít what the government guidance says at all. My Dad and all my aunts are uncles are over 70 most with underlying health conditions and they arenít shielding. Shielding is for people who have certain conditions whether they are young or old. They have had letters from the NHS confirming this status. The guidance for people shielding is that they donít leave their homes nor anyone living with them. It was does not including taking part in birthday parades, photocalls etc even at a 2m distance. I have friends with 40 year old husbands who are shielding. They and their kids havenít left their houses for over 15 weeks now. They are on lists to get their shopping/medicine delivered. The disinfectant everything that comes into the house.
Old 06-26-2020, 05:27 PM
Courtier

My mum, dad are uncle are all over 70, and aren't shielding. But I've got 2 cousins in their 50s who are shielding, and friends in their 40s who are shielding, because of medical conditions.

I doubt that the Queen's on an official shielding notice. Prince Philip probably is, because of his health issues. But, as people in their 90s are more vulnerable than people in their 70s, I doubt they'll want to go out in a crowd at this stage.

Charles and Camilla are now out and about again.
Old 06-26-2020, 06:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
Prince Philip probably is, because of his health issues.

Than as per government guidelines, Her Majesty would be required to shield to protect her husband.

As I work for the NHS, I know what the requirement for our elderly citizens is.

Itís unlikely that Beatrice and Eduardoís wedding will happen this year as thereís a lot of people who would miss the occasion.
Old 07-17-2020, 08:35 AM
Administrator

The thread for Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi's wedding today can be found at the wedding subforum:

** Wedding of Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi: July 17, 2020 **