The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1401  
Old 06-20-2020, 09:37 AM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 10,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
You should want them to get their happy ending, period.

The only ones who seem in a rush for them to marry are those who want another royal wedding. The couple made the choice to wait, instead of having a small ceremony and having a big party later.

They should get the wedding they dream of and seem content to wait.
I want them to get their happy ending SOON. It's not a matter of me "wanting to rush to see another Royal wedding". That's what Youtube is for. And since they are choosing to have the quietest and most private of weddings, there won't be that much to see anyway.

In their engagement announcement the couple literally said that they " couldn't wait" to marry.

How do you know that they are "content" with the delays? You've spoken to them and verified it?

I made a simple statement of support for Bea and Edo. It was my opinion. It doesn't need to become a point of debate.
__________________

__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
  #1402  
Old 06-20-2020, 09:50 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 6,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Guilty as charged!
Personally I hope they do wait and have a nice wedding. It's really the last chance for a royal wedding for years.

But it will be whatever they decide.

Princess Beatrice is only 31. She can probably safely wait another year or two to get married without any major risk to possible future children (Meghan for example had Archie when she was 38).


Even though many people are not seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, it is unlikely that the Covid-19 pandemic will not be sufficiently controlled two years from now to the point of preventing people from having "normal" wedding ceremonies. Although I am not a virologist or an expert in any sense, comparisons with HIV are inadequate in my humble opinion as, epidemiologically, Covid-19 is much more like the Spanish Flu for example than HIV/Aids, i.e. most people recover from the disease and develop antibodies that give them at least some level of immunity for some time and a vaccine is probably likely to be developed at some point, however long it may take.
__________________

  #1403  
Old 06-20-2020, 10:56 AM
Nice Nofret's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Posts: 682
as HIV/Aids isnt' transmitted via Aerosoles .. it is a totally diffrent matter in regard to congregations
  #1404  
Old 06-20-2020, 12:28 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 6,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
as HIV/Aids isnt' transmitted via Aerosoles .. it is a totally diffrent matter in regard to congregations



My comment was not about the different modes of transmission of HIV and SARS-Cov-2, but rather about the likelihood of developing a Covid-19 vaccine vs developing an HIV vaccine.
  #1405  
Old 06-20-2020, 03:08 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I want them to get their happy ending SOON. It's not a matter of me "wanting to rush to see another Royal wedding". That's what Youtube is for. And since they are choosing to have the quietest and most private of weddings, there won't be that much to see anyway.

In their engagement announcement the couple literally said that they " couldn't wait" to marry.

How do you know that they are "content" with the delays? You've spoken to them and verified it?

I made a simple statement of support for Bea and Edo. It was my opinion. It doesn't need to become a point of debate.
Are they "having the quietist and most private of weddings?" I thought that it was on hold indefinitely.....
  #1406  
Old 06-20-2020, 03:19 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Are they "having the quietist and most private of weddings?" I thought that it was on hold indefinitely.....
Compared to the other British royal highnesses that recently wed. Yes, their's was supposed to be the most private.

To me it is telling that they at first only cancelled the larger party and not the actual marriage ceremony itself. That was only done at a later date (when if I am not mistaken marriages could no longer take place). So, that suggests that having a large party on their wedding day is not the most important consideration. They clearly look forward to be married and were willing to 'sacrifice' some of their original dreams to go forward with the marriage itself. In the end, it didn't work out that way - mostly because of the extremely strict regulations in the UK (much stricter than in other countries).
  #1407  
Old 06-20-2020, 03:29 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 904
I suspect the parties were supposed to be on par with her sister's (and we ended up getting quite a lot of footage from those).

I know of a lot of bride and grooms who are definitely not "content" with the delays and cancellations but it can't be helped and in my personal experience there is a mix of people who just want the 5 person wedding that will be soonest, those willing to wait until the guest list can be a little bigger and those who want to hold out for as much of their original plan can be salvaged in 1-2 years.

We'll have to wait and see which category these two fall into. Unlike most couples they won't have to be at the mercy of church/venue/catering/entertainment hire availability as much as others will be.
  #1408  
Old 06-20-2020, 03:34 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I want them to get their happy ending SOON. It's not a matter of me "wanting to rush to see another Royal wedding". That's what Youtube is for. And since they are choosing to have the quietest and most private of weddings, there won't be that much to see anyway.

In their engagement announcement the couple literally said that they " couldn't wait" to marry.

How do you know that they are "content" with the delays? You've spoken to them and verified it?

I made a simple statement of support for Bea and Edo. It was my opinion. It doesn't need to become a point of debate.
This entire board is speculation. No one knows them.

Most couples if not all say when they get engaged 'we cant wait to get married'. That's standard.

They had the option to get married on.If they weren't happy waiting, they could have married with 2 witnesses back when weddings of 5 were allowed. Instead they Chose to put their wedding on hold indefinitely. Which unless someone forced them to do this and they are under coercion, points to them being happy with waiting until they can have a proper wedding.


Happy does not mean ecstatic and dancing for joy. It means that they aren't screaming in anger and anxious to run to elope the second they are allowed to.

Isn't debating our opinions the whole point of this board?
  #1409  
Old 06-20-2020, 03:40 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,484
I thnk the period when one could have a 5 person wedding was relativley brief.. and soon weddings were completley banned. So possibly they were uncertain what to do, after all, B is the queen's grand daughter and she might want her at the wedding.. adn before tehy could fully decide suddenly weddings were completely off the table.
  #1410  
Old 06-20-2020, 03:44 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
This entire board is speculation. No one knows them.

Most couples if not all say when they get engaged 'we cant wait to get married'. That's standard.

They had the option to get married on.If they weren't happy waiting, they could have married with 2 witnesses back when weddings of 5 were allowed. Instead they Chose to put their wedding on hold indefinitely. Which unless someone forced them to do this and they are under coercion, points to them being happy with waiting until they can have a proper wedding.

Happy does not mean ecstatic and dancing for joy. It means that they aren't screaming in anger and anxious to run to elope the second they are allowed to.

Isn't debating our opinions the whole point of this board?
How would they have been in the know that the option to get married with a small number would no longer be available by late May? I don't think it was reasonable to expect people to suddenly go from: we're having a rather large wedding at the end of May to let's get married next week with only 5 people present (meaning you cannot even include your parents and child - let alone the siblings that you're close to or your grandparents (including the queen)) because the government might decide to put all marriages on hold.

We don't know what they would have done had the UK permitted weddings up to about 30 people as some other countries opted for instead. I wouldn't be surprised if in that case they would have chosen to go ahead with the wedding ceremony.

So, indeed, it doesn't seem that they are willing to get married without even their closest family members (and friends) present but neither did the way they expressed their changes based on unexpected circumstances suggest they want to wait to get married until the original plan can fully be implemented.
  #1411  
Old 06-20-2020, 06:10 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 819
Most couples seem to be waiting until next year, in the hope that they can have the wedding they'd originally planned. I've seen pictures of weddings in other countries with the bride, groom and minister/celebrant all in masks, and hardly any guests, and, whilst I appreciate that some people just want to be married ASAP, it's not really the day that anyone dreams of.


Wedding ceremonies were reduced to 5 people on March 19th. Full lockdown was announced on March 23rd. There wasn't exactly much chance, even if you'd already got all the paperwork sorted out.


It's a shame for Beatrice. I know that thousands of other couples are in the same situation, but she's had no luck at all with organising this wedding.
  #1412  
Old 06-20-2020, 11:53 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Even though many people are not seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, it is unlikely that the Covid-19 pandemic will not be sufficiently controlled two years from now to the point of preventing people from having "normal" wedding ceremonies. Although I am not a virologist or an expert in any sense, comparisons with HIV are inadequate in my humble opinion as, epidemiologically, Covid-19 is much more like the Spanish Flu for example than HIV/Aids, i.e. most people recover from the disease and develop antibodies that give them at least some level of immunity for some time and a vaccine is probably likely to be developed at some point, however long it may take.
My only point was that vaccines can take a long time. I am certainly no expert either. The two diseases are not at all alike.
  #1413  
Old 06-23-2020, 05:23 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom
Posts: 234
So from the 4 July weddings can happen again with 30 guests. Only England though. Maybe we may get a wedding soon
  #1414  
Old 06-23-2020, 05:40 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Lyman View Post
So from the 4 July weddings can happen again with 30 guests. Only England though. Maybe we may get a wedding soon

Any relatives over the age of 70 or with underlying health conditions couldn’t attend until at least August 1st.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #1415  
Old 06-24-2020, 12:55 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,508
This isn't a couple who is going to throw together a backyard bbq wedding in a week just because the rules have opened up again. And at the very least they would have to wait for August so the queen and Philip could possibly attend.

They also face the talk of 'throwing a fancy party while others are suffering' kind of perspective. Considering the press the Yorks have had because of Andrew lately, don't see that being more they want to take on.

They may also have guests they want there who can not travel to the UK yet.

If they really feel a burning need to marry ASAP I don't think we'd ever know. Likely marry just privately, and then have a proper wedding later on. Since it isn't likely to be televised or even streamed like her sister, a vowel renewal instead of technical wedding would never be seen. Though the wedding may b streamed at least, as when things calm down enough, it may be seen as a good way to list some spirits.
  #1416  
Old 06-24-2020, 03:33 AM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
This isn't a couple who is going to throw together a backyard bbq wedding in a week just because the rules have opened up again. And at the very least they would have to wait for August so the queen and Philip could possibly attend.

They also face the talk of 'throwing a fancy party while others are suffering' kind of perspective. Considering the press the Yorks have had because of Andrew lately, don't see that being more they want to take on.

They may also have guests they want there who can not travel to the UK yet.

If they really feel a burning need to marry ASAP I don't think we'd ever know. Likely marry just privately, and then have a proper wedding later on. Since it isn't likely to be televised or even streamed like her sister, a vowel renewal instead of technical wedding would never be seen. Though the wedding may b streamed at least, as when things calm down enough, it may be seen as a good way to list some spirits.
If I was in their shoes, and all things considered, I would have a quiet ceremony sometime over the summer with only the closest of family and friends, and announce it to the world after the event.
  #1417  
Old 06-24-2020, 03:58 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 819
Obviously everyone's different, but what I'm hearing from most couples who've had to postpone their weddings is that they'd rather wait until the situation's improved and they can have something more like the day they'd planned. It's not like during the war when people wanted to get married because they didn't know how long they might have. For most couples, they're living together anyway, and a bit longer won't make that much difference. Unfortunately, we've got no way of knowing how long it may be before big celebrations can take place again.


BTW, weddings are also allowed in Wales and Northern Ireland.


It just depends how they feel. Everyone's different.
  #1418  
Old 06-24-2020, 04:48 AM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
Obviously everyone's different, but what I'm hearing from most couples who've had to postpone their weddings is that they'd rather wait until the situation's improved and they can have something more like the day they'd planned. It's not like during the war when people wanted to get married because they didn't know how long they might have. For most couples, they're living together anyway, and a bit longer won't make that much difference. Unfortunately, we've got no way of knowing how long it may be before big celebrations can take place again.


BTW, weddings are also allowed in Wales and Northern Ireland.


It just depends how they feel. Everyone's different.
You are right, every couple needs to decide what is the right decision for them, and their circumstances.
  #1419  
Old 06-24-2020, 05:34 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
If I was in their shoes, and all things considered, I would have a quiet ceremony sometime over the summer with only the closest of family and friends, and announce it to the world after the event.
Yeah I dont think they are going to do that. I think they will have a relatively small wedding but a big party and to do that, they will probalby have to wait.
  #1420  
Old 06-24-2020, 07:57 AM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Yeah I dont think they are going to do that. I think they will have a relatively small wedding but a big party and to do that, they will probalby have to wait.
That may entirely be the case, who knows ?
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engagement of Princess Beatrice of York and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi: September 26, 2019 JessRulz The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family 153 09-29-2019 02:36 AM
Princess Beatrice: Relationships Musings and Suggestions Pranter The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family 520 09-26-2019 07:26 AM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abu dhabi american history anastasia 2020 armstrong-jones baby names british royal family buckingham palace canada carolin cht coronavirus cpr duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex earl of snowdon elizabeth ii emperor family tree general news thread george vi gradenigo haakon vii hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume history hochberg hypothetical monarchs interesting introduction jewellery jewelry jumma kids movie list of rulers maxima mountbatten names nepal nepalese royal family pless prince harry princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn princess dita princess elizabeth princess eugenie princess laurentien princess of orange queen louise queen maud resusci anne royal balls royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royalty of taiwan royal wedding russian court dress settings spain stuart thailand thai royal family videos von hofmannsthal wedding gown


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:55 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×