Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a good idea.
No matter what they say, it would probably be twisted somehow.

Yes, I believe you are correct. Plus actually none of our business. Even though she is the granddaughter of the Queen, she gets no income from taxpayers, has her own money, is marrying whom ever she wants as doesn't need royal permission so they will do things exactly the way they want. And good for them. I am sure the Queen will want to do things for them as she did for Eugenie, but they just might not want all that hoop-la.

The nasties will be out in full force anyway because her eyes are too large, her teeth are too long so what bride really needs that crap. I personally loved Eugenie's wedding gown. One of my top three royal wedding gowns of all times but some hated and were very vocal. Why put yourself thru that jealous garbage. Her day, her way and BRAVO. She will make her Granny proud, I am sure. JMHO

:previous: Or... the Internet, especially Instagram, is the new media outlet of choice! It gives the author the editing advantage, the possibility to set the agenda and has (besides the censors of youtube and Twitter et.al.) very few gate keepers.

Could we please get back to discussing our suggestions and musings for the actual wedding. This obsession with speculating and discussing the media all the time and at every possible opportunity is distracting and, frankly, not what the purpose of this and other threads is for.

:sad: Figures. The first time in a long time I have wanted to watch a British Royal wedding...and I may not get to.:bang:

In the past few hours Fergie has confirmed the wedding will be in Britain and the Daily Express are reporting that Buckingham Palace have said that no public money will be spent on it.

In the past few hours Fergie has confirmed the wedding will be in Britain and the Daily Express are reporting that Buckingham Palace have said that no public money will be spent on it.

Was any public money spent on Princess Eugenie's wedding?

Interesting, thanks. Surely there will be some public money spent on it for the tightest security, considering the guest list will most likely include the Queen and heirs 1-10+ that would go for any venue.

That said if they don't have a carriage ride anywhere that cuts down a lot on the complaints about extra cost for Eugenie's wedding.

Just as I expected all along. The cost will fall to Andrew, perhaps HMQ, and the Mapelli-Mozzi family.

And since it is going to be privately funded, they will likely feel no obligation to let the public see it.

Drat.:sad:

Last edited:
Interesting, thanks. Surely there will be some public money spent on it for the tightest security, considering the guest list will most likely include the Queen and heirs 1-10+ that would go for any venue.

That said if they don't have a carriage ride anywhere that cuts down a lot on the complaints about extra cost for Eugenie's wedding.

It could be that the Queen is going to reimburse any security costs that are incurred back to the public purse.

I heard Omid Scobie say on a recent podcast that he is hearing the wedding will take place at St. George's. Could be just speculation or he really did hear this from a reliable source.

I heard Omid Scobie say on a recent podcast that he is hearing the wedding will take place at St. George's. Could be just speculation or he really did hear this from a reliable source.

Taking a highly educated guess most likely. Besides Zara, all the grandkids who arent direct heir have married there. And it is near where Beatrice grew up. Its a pretty safe bet for him to predict or say that is what is being said.

Just as I expected all along. The cost will fall to Andrew, perhaps HMQ, and the Mapelli-Mozzi family.

And since it is going to be privately funded, they will likely feel no obligation to let the public see it.

Dat.

Other then the carriage ride, Eugenie's was privately funded and we saw it. Peter and Autumn's was privately funded and we got photos outside. I dont think this will totally be private. Neither Beatrice or Edo are camera shy.

This isnt the 18th century when a child out of wedlock needs to be hidden.

Was any public money spent on Princess Eugenie's wedding?

Only on the security. There were crowds in the streets of Windsor and there were also the invited guests in the grounds of the castle. They would have gone through security at the gates, just as people do for the Garter Ceremony.

I wouldn't be surprised if the castle grounds are even closed on the day and no media allowed in. I am just getting the feeling that this will really be a lot more private than Eugenie's wedding - no carriage ride, no guests in the grounds and no media coverage at all with just a photo or two released a few days later.

I will probably be wrong but it is the vibe I am getting at the moment and I don't know why. I hope I am wrong.

I doubt there will be TV coverage and I also don't expect a carriage ride - unless they are going to have either Frogmore or Royal Lodge for their reception and so have a carriage ride to that venue.

I really don't think the British public will be too pleased with any carriage ride for one of Andrew's daughters. He is so on the nose at the moment that I can see a real backlash if there was anything lavish for Beatrice.

Last edited:
Only on the security. There were crowds in the streets of Windsor and there were also the invited guests in the grounds of the castle. They would have gone through security at the gates, just as people do for the Garter Ceremony.

I wouldn't be surprised if the castle grounds are even closed on the day and no media allowed in. I am just getting the feeling that this will really be a lot more private than Eugenie's wedding - no carriage ride, no guests in the grounds and no media coverage at all with just a photo or two released a few days later.

I will probably be wrong but it is the vibe I am getting at the moment and I don't know why. I hope I am wrong.

I doubt there will be TV coverage and I also don't expect a carriage ride - unless they are going to have either Frogmore or Royal Lodge for their reception and so have a carriage ride to that venue.

I really don't think the British public will be too pleased with any carriage ride for one of Andrew's daughters. He is so on the nose at the moment that I can see a real backlash if there was anything lavish for Beatrice.

It’s a royal wedding of a very high profile member of the royal family. I think Beatrice and Edoardo and the royal family would want this to be a celebration that’s shared with the public and media. I can see some negotiations being done with a network over Live inside coverage and a little carriage ride back to Windsor. Hell, her little sister got it, so why can’t Beatrice have it?

The royal family need a little public celebration.

The British public do not want to have anything to do with Andrew pushed into their faces at the moment and Beatrice's wedding could easily be smaller as a result. The last thing that the BRF want or need would be actual protests and with Andrew's involvement that could be possible if they were to have a carriage ride for instance.

Beatrice is a minor member of the BRF and even lower in the line of succession now than Eugenie was when she announced her engagement (Eugenie was 8th at the time of her engagement and Beatrice is already 9th).

:sad: Figures. The first time in a long time I have wanted to watch a British Royal wedding...and I may not get to.:bang:

I know right I've been blogging about Beatrice since 2013. So, I'am bummed out it porobably wont even be lived streamed online, at least there will be lots pictures and hopefully videos. I think also its more private for the sake of Edo's son. Dependng how involved Wolf will be, he will be around 3 or 4 when the wedding arrives and I'm sure Bea and Edo want him there for the big day. I just don't think they want him very exposed to the press and of course with other messes in the family, it seems better to go more private. I'm sure Edo will still give her a lavish wedding, and I'm sure other members of her family maybe even friends could step in to help out if need be.

Last edited:
The British public do not want to have anything to do with Andrew pushed into their faces at the moment and Beatrice's wedding could easily be smaller as a result. The last thing that the BRF want or need would be actual protests and with Andrew's involvement that could be possible if they were to have a carriage ride for instance.

Beatrice is a minor member of the BRF and even lower in the line of succession now than Eugenie was when she announced her engagement (Eugenie was 8th at the time of her engagement and Beatrice is already 9th).

I see what you’re saying. I guess we’ll just have to wait for the plans to be released to see how it’s all gonna go down.

True, but it is too bad that Beatrice has to lose out over something she had nothing to do with.

Even if there is no carriage ride, I am hoping Beatrice is allowed to marry in Westminster Abbey (for a change of scene), and that the entire RF turns out for it.

O

That is of course up to the groom and bride, the Duke of York, and the Queen to decide, but it would be odd if Princess Beatrice didn't have a televised wedding and a carriage ride when her younger sister, who is below her in the line of succession, got both.

I don't think Andrew or the Queen would feel comfortable treating their two daughters/granddaughters differently. Unless of course Beatrice and Edoardo explicitly ask for a private wedding.

I'm in agreement with you, Mbruno. This is a Windsor family wedding and to be honest, I don't see "public opinion" mattering one iota when it comes to the planning of Beatrice's wedding.

I get where the BRF is representatives of the entire UK in their public lives but this is to be a family wedding which will be financed entirely by the families involved (excluding the security needed) and actually the British public (or anyone globally) don't figure into it at all or rather they shouldn't figure into it at all.

No matter what the plans are and no matter where the wedding is or how much it will cost or even if Beatrice and Edo decide to have a Betazoid wedding, there will be people moaning and groaning about it as moaning and groaning about things are what they do best. ;)

My bet is St George's ... I don't see them marrying in WA. I don't see them having a smaller wedding than Eugenie/Jack. The carriage ride seems traditional ...I do expect that to happen in some form.

LaRae

My bet is St George's ... I don't see them marrying in WA. I don't see them having a smaller wedding than Eugenie/Jack. The carriage ride seems traditional ...I do expect that to happen in some form.

LaRae

I expect you are right, and it will be St. George's.
But Eugenie had a lavish wedding; if Beatrice's is more low-key, it will seem somehow less impressive.

Even if it is exactly the same, it will seem like a rerun.

BUT- if Beatrice were to marry at the Abbey (even if there's no carriage procession and it is more low-key) it will appear grander.
(Or at least different). JMO.

IF Beatrice and Edoardo have a lower key wedding than Eugenie's it will be because it is what they prefer. It will not and should not be connected to Andrew's problems, or pressure from the public.

The first has nothing to do with them, and the second issue is not their concern if it is not being funded by the public purse.

My guess is if they opt for a more intimate and private(by Royal standards) wedding it will be out of concern for Edo's young son, and wanting to shield the little boy from too much publicity.

But, for selfish reasons I hope they go all out. I want to see it all.:D

I get the feeling that WA is being earmarked for the main heir line. We know from Andrew and his interview that the Queen said Eguenie would marry at St George's ....this is perhaps where the rumors of Andrew wanting W.A. and being told no come from.

If the Queen is making the final decision (again) then it makes sense Beatrice will also marry at St Georges.

Most weddings are basically the same in a Church...it's just the people involved that change things around. I expect Beatrice to have her own individual wedding unique to her style. The same can be said for wedding dresses...they mostly all follow similar lines when you are trying to fit into certain criteria (modesty levels etc).

LaRae

IF Beatrice and Edoardo have a lower key wedding than Eugenie's it will be because it is what they prefer. It will not and should not be connected to Andrew's problems, or pressure from the public.

It SHOULD not- but it will.
Andrew's problems are certain to have an impact, privately- funded wedding or not.
The RF has to take public feeling into account, and they probably will.

I think the only thing that might be held back due to the public is the carriage ride. And even then I think there may be a small carriage ride like Peter and Autumn had. But like Eugenie had, no. Between the Andrew scandal, and all the bad press over Eugenie's and security cost, I see it being ruled out.

We know two things. This wedding will have a huge guest list, and it will have the queen and other senior royals in attendance. The royals will not boycot it over Andrew. Beatrice is a Windsor plain and simple.

St George's makes sense. One of the major concerns will be security and the cost of it. If they want to limit people complaining, this is one area. St George's offers built in security, especially if they don't open the grounds to the public. It also offers a local for the day time reception and a night time one as well.

Yes it may be the same church as her sister but doesnt mean will be the same. Music, flowers, readings these all add different touches. And when you have a religious wedding, the real difference lays more in the reception anyways.

I wouldnt be surprised if its streamed. No 'media fuss' for the younger royal but still some show to allow the public to have part.

In terms of the wedding being televised - assuming the location/venue is suitable for televising - another factor may be how popular for the TV station was the last televised royal wedding. I watched Eugenie's wedding live and it was all done very well as far as the camera shots and coverage were concerned and it was, of course, well worth being televised.

I am not sure that Eugenie's wedding was worth televising as it didn't make it into the top 15 shows for the week. At its peak it only had 3.9 million viewers (15th top for the week at 6.9 million). Harry's had 29 million across all the channels.

I am not sure that ITV will think that 3.9 million is enough to justify showing Beatrice's.

Maybe we, in Australia, will have a TV station able to say, as they did for a few weeks in the lead up to the wedding, that they were going to have the 'only cameras inside the chapel'. In the end ITV decided to show it but Channel 7 committed to doing so long before ITV. I am not sure they would do so again though. It would also depend on when it was - a Friday night in the football season would be a no no whereas Eugenie's wedding was in the gap between the football season and the cricket season so it was a empty Friday night for Eugenie's wedding. A spring/summer wedding would be in the football season for the Aussie TV channels (League on Channel 9, AFL on Channel 7 and Union on Channel 10).

Eugenie's wedding had so little viewers because it was Friday, when most of Britons were at work.

I think they will have a family wedding at St George's, with as many spectators turning out as wish to and the local Constabulary taking safety measures as they would for any event . . . Such as the football! Nobody expects the football team owners to pay for the added security. Why should the BRF?

Televising Beatrice's wedding may be a problem in the US because of Andrew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom