The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 03:41 PM
Majesty

Hopefully the same florist company would still be used for the rescheduled wedding. However if the rescheduled wedding occurs in a different season, then possible different flowers might be used.

Old 04-01-2020, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

The thread has been cleaned up to remove several off topic discussions, as well as quite a few that were highly speculative in nature. The topic of this thread is limited to Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings, so please limit your posts to that. Any further off topic or speculative posts will be deleted without notice.

Old 04-01-2020, 05:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Hopefully the same florist company would still be used for the rescheduled wedding.
I hope so. Florists, caterers, bands, firms which hire out marquees and tables and chairs, and all the other businesses associated with weddings are going to have a very bad year, and it'd be a big disappointment to miss out on a royal wedding. Maybe that's an another argument in favour of going ahead with whatever they'd planned, once it's possible, rather than having a very small do.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

IF Bea and Edo had originally planned for a larger wedding, I hope they will go ahead with that plan if they are forced to postpone the wedding.

Another comment I keep reading both here and at other sites is that the relationship is too " rushed". That is no longer the case.

If the wedding is pushed back to the spring of 2021 as is being suggested, Beatrice and Edoardo will have been a couple for well over two years.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 04-01-2020, 06:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
I hope so. Florists, caterers, bands, firms which hire out marquees and tables and chairs, and all the other businesses associated with weddings are going to have a very bad year, and it'd be a big disappointment to miss out on a royal wedding. Maybe that's an another argument in favour of going ahead with whatever they'd planned, once it's possible, rather than having a very small do.
I can see them sticking with the same companies as a) they are royal so they will get any future date they want b) they have probably paid a deposit by now (not that they can't afford to lose it but still) c)they'll have chosen who they want to help with their wedding for specific purposes (e.g they think that florist is the best etc) so I think they'll mainly stick to the same companies/people d) they know ditching a company will get bad PR
Old 04-02-2020, 02:32 AM
Heir Apparent

problem might be that if this Covid isolation/social distancing will continue for a long while, some businesses might not be able to make it financially...

It' basically at the moment just waiting until a breakthrough is reached and people xan start planning events again...but unfortunately we're not there yet
Old 04-02-2020, 03:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

But the male in me says: is it about marriage: being a wedded husband and wife together and live long and happily ever after?

Or is it about a party? "Oh nooooooo, I always dreamed to walk up that aisle in a white gown!!!!!" You know, these bridezillas from hell who already flip when a napkin is wrongly folded on a dinner table, totally focussed on the wrong priorities.

Personally for me there is nothing more romantic than an intimate wedding in a remote location. A big party can always follow someday. No problem.

Good luck to Beatrice and Edoardo.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
But the male in me says: is it about marriage: being a wedded husband and wife together and live long and happily ever after?

Or is it about a party? "Oh nooooooo, I always dreamed to walk up that aisle in a white gown!!!!!" You know, these bridezillas from hell who already flip when a napkin is wrongly folded on a dinner table, totally focussed on the wrong priorities.

Personally for me there is nothing more romantic than an intimate wedding in a remote location. A big party can always follow someday. No problem.

Good luck to Beatrice and Edoardo.
Well, I wouldn't judge them too harshly - not only what's an intimate wedding for us and for royals differ greatly, we also don't know how their wedding is going to look like, when it will happen and how big it will be.

Not to mention, they can't marry now even if it would be them and a priest, all ceremonies (excluding funerals) are currently banned in the UK.

And a quick word from me - I know plenty of women who dreaded a big wedding and plenty of men, who insisted on no less than 300 guests, so reducing it to male vs. female is not really correct.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:31 AM
Heir Apparent

But as this is the *wedding* musings and suggestions thread, this is the one thread where to post about the non-important stuff

Now where do we stand on the handkerchiefs of the bridesmaids?
Old 04-02-2020, 07:42 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
But as this is the *wedding* musings and suggestions thread, this is the one thread where to post about the non-important stuff

Now where do we stand on the handkerchiefs of the bridesmaids?
the weddings' not going to happen for at least 6 months. we don't know what they will do, tho' I daresay it wil be a big wedding. Is it worthwhile discussing? However, given that there wont be any royal occasions for at least few months, and no work engagements I suppose its as good at topic as any
Old 04-02-2020, 09:44 AM
Nobility

After all that they’ve gone through, I expect them to get married later this year. A winter wedding.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:01 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess B View Post
After all that they’ve gone through, I expect them to get married later this year. A winter wedding.
Royals usualy opt for weddings in what passes for summer or Autum here... weather wise. And maybe they wll feel that they want to wait for nice weather and a bit of sunshine.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think, outside in, it is probably difficult to tell when they will marry. Their own preference may well be to have a small, intimate family wedding as soon as reasonably practicable after the restrictions are lifted.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess B View Post
Postponing until November 20th (also a Friday) would be a wonderful way to honor her grandparents.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Anne married Mark Phillips in November as well.

Unless Beatrice has her heart set on a Spring wedding, I don't see any reason to wait an entire year. (Assuming this doesn't last a year).
Old 04-02-2020, 08:41 PM
Commoner

City hall? Croydon Register Office?
Old 04-03-2020, 02:51 AM
Nobility

I would not be surprised to wake up one morning with an announcement from the Queen that Beatrice and Eduardo were married. So much has happened and now the virus, that the couple could feel to marry now and party later. I bet The Queen would agree. All MOO
Old 04-03-2020, 03:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I don't think we'll see that happen at all. The Queen announcing that Beatrice and Edo had married amid a total ban of all marriages wouldn't be received in any ways that are good. It would seem like this couple is "above the law" and recommendations and orders put into place to fight this virus.

Of course, it could be possible *if* Beatrice and Edo stood at the door of Windsor Castle (keeping with social distancing) with witnesses in various windows of the castle and the vicar in the approach to the castle and to assure the vicar's words were heard, six feet away from the vicar and six feet away from the castle door are very loud town criers. Beatrice and Edo then could blow kisses to each other. Andrew and Sarah could then set off fireworks from Royal Lodge celebrating the (somewhat) union. They could order take out to be delivered to the various rooms. I'd suggest Burger King as that's a somewhat "royal" meal.

Somehow, this doesn't come across as the type of wedding Beatrice and Edo would want.
Old 04-03-2020, 03:29 AM
Royal Highness

Weddings are banned! Even if someone held a service, they wouldn't be able to register it, so it wouldn't be legal.
Old 04-03-2020, 03:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Good point! Didn't think of that one.