The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2020, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
It was a joke, sorry.
No, I understood that. My question was meant for Denville, who replied to you.

Old 03-21-2020, 04:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I think it's definitely an option for them.
Its an option, not a necessary one though. It wouldn't really matter if we knew who the two people were. If they said 'we decided to have our moms, or we decided to have a sibling stand up for us'. No one would judge.

Might be better they reveal who was there, so there is no 'they found a way to bend the rules and likely had a whole bunch of people there'.

If they are insistent on marrying now they could simply say 'we with our moms (or insert witnesses here) met with the vicar for a small ceremony. We will have a full wedding, ceremony and reception, in months to come.

Could even do a civil ceremony quickly, if they need the titles husband/wife right now, and then just have a religious later.

Old 03-21-2020, 06:52 PM
Nobility

Going by the statistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
At the moment, you cannot plan anything. Nobody knows if a 'fairytale' wedding with 100+ guests will go ahead in October.
Plus, I predict economic hardship all across Europe, Britain will be hit extremely hard, and there is no way a member of the BRF will rub a lavish wedding into people's eyes without attracting massive critizism.
As hard as it sounds, the momentum for a wedding a la Harry or Eugenie, a major social event, especially with QEII and Philip present, has passed for a very long time, nobody knows when or if things will get back to 'normal'.
I agree with you. Sad for P Beatrice, although she hasn't made public the details of the wedding she wants.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:06 PM
Royal Highness

This won't last for ever. A lot of couples have already cancelled their weddings. Once it's over, there'll be a big rush to get married, like there was at the end of the war, and people will be glad of something to celebrate. But we just don't know when that'll be.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:38 PM
Majesty

I am also sad for Bea and Edo who has had many problems with this marriage.
But I believe that when this passes they can have the wedding they want.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
It was a joke, sorry. You definitely can't have your wedding reception at Buckingham Palace unless you're a senior member of the Royal Family!

Back in the day Mariah Carrey tried to book Buckingham Palace for an album party. She also wanted to project pictures of butterflies all over it. She was told no.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Does Edoardo have any relatives residing in Great Britain that could be a witness for him?
His mother - who is British (she was even recognised for her work in David Cameron's retirement honours list).

I would also think his half-brother, both of whose parents are British.

Edo's father is Italian but his mother and his step-father are/were British and so he does have family in Britain and quite close at that.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
His mother - who is British (she was even recognised for her work in David Cameron's retirement honours list).

I would also think his half-brother, both of whose parents are British.

Edo's father is Italian but his mother and his step-father are/were British and so he does have family in Britain and quite close at that.
His father is British too. He holds duel citizenship and skied for UK in Olympics. Though he does live in France and is estranged.

Alby lives in London. And from what I have read his sister Natalia and her husband live in Southampton where she is a chef.

Mom lives with husband three in Oxfordshire. David is an artist. His stepfather owns a manor in wales but like Villa Mozzi, it seems to be an inn now.

https://www.visitwales.com/product/510684
Old 03-22-2020, 04:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Its an option, not a necessary one though. It wouldn't really matter if we knew who the two people were. If they said 'we decided to have our moms, or we decided to have a sibling stand up for us'. No one would judge.

Might be better they reveal who was there, so there is no 'they found a way to bend the rules and likely had a whole bunch of people there'.

If they are insistent on marrying now they could simply say 'we with our moms (or insert witnesses here) met with the vicar for a small ceremony. We will have a full wedding, ceremony and reception, in months to come.

Could even do a civil ceremony quickly, if they need the titles husband/wife right now, and then just have a religious later.
The two witnesses could be declared. How about just one wedding picture of the bride and groom?
Old 03-22-2020, 05:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
The two witnesses could be declared. How about just one wedding picture of the bride and groom?
Or five or none. Not sure what limiting amount of photos or hiding witnesses would do??? If they basically have a quick justice of the peace wedding and a proper wedding later, they may wait for photos for proper wedding.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Or five or none. Not sure what limiting amount of photos or hiding witnesses would do??? If they basically have a quick justice of the peace wedding and a proper wedding later, they may wait for photos for proper wedding.
I don't know what the business is about photos. If they have a small wedding.. if they don put things off, they will probably have pics of the 5 of them. I think they public will expect at least a cople of pictures.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:36 PM
Royal Highness

Most people are postponing weddings, rather than holding them without loved ones present. A few months isn't going to make that much difference.
Old 03-22-2020, 06:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Unless there's a dire need to be married pronto, I think most people are going to postpone their weddings until they can have the gatherings they want and this includes Bea and Edo.

As I've stated before, with living together, they already pretty much have the marriage down pat and the wedding ceremony and the reception(s) are mostly the celebration with family and friends of their union.
Old 03-22-2020, 06:07 PM
Heir Apparent

On the other hand, some places would not allow a live in boyfriend or girlfriend to make medical decisions about their partner, whereas a spouse can. One reason some may marry now.
Old 03-22-2020, 06:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Most people are postponing weddings, rather than holding them without loved ones present. A few months isn't going to make that much difference.
I don't think a fancy wedding can take place at any time this year,
shortly after some millions have died and still dying over the world
plus the enormous changes this will bring to our societies
and yes if course those who lost not only their folks....but their jobs, houses...
too cannot be ignored. and by the way we do not knwo what else happens inside the RF, old or young people are dying and though they will of course be guaranteed much better medical treatment than any other citizen some might die
and I cannot oredict how the public will react to this last fact, while thousand will miss medical treatment because of lack of machines, nurses....
the Royals have first class service but I hope and am sure as long as HMQ is still alive things will be kept very humble!
Old 03-22-2020, 06:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

If they decide to postpone the wedding, there definitely will be an official announcement from the Buckingham Palace.
Old 03-22-2020, 06:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
On the other hand, some places would not allow a live in boyfriend or girlfriend to make medical decisions about their partner, whereas a spouse can. One reason some may marry now.
Now this is something I didn't think about and it makes perfect sense.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:25 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I don't know what the business is about photos. If they have a small wedding.. if they don put things off, they will probably have pics of the 5 of them. I think they public will expect at least a cople of pictures.
More than one photo sounds like a good idea. The minister would not have to be in each picture. There could be a few pictures of just the two witnesses.
Old 03-23-2020, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

The Church of England apparently does not recognize more than one wedding for a given marriage. Its guidance for couples who marry under the current circumstances (i.e., without guests) addresses the possibility of a future blessing with guests present, not a second marriage ceremony. Likewise, the Church of England provides a ceremony for couples who are already married civilly to have their marriage blessed (it was used by the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall in 2005), but not a wedding ceremony.

In short, a second ceremony at a later date would be possible, but it would be a service of blessing, not a full marriage ceremony.

Marriage | The Church of England
Old 03-23-2020, 04:44 PM
Aristocracy

This is really cool for me, When Prince Harry was married, it was my husband's birthday. When Eugenie was married, it was my birthday. Now Beatrice is getting married on my wedding anniversary.

Closed Thread