Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2020, 05:05 PM
Nobility

I did wonder if it might move to Windsor. Still small though

Old 03-19-2020, 05:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
The Church of England has now said 5 people maximum for weddings - so that's just the couple themselves, the vicar, and 2 witnesses. 2 witnesses are required by law, so that's the legal minimum - it's not even possible to have all 4 parents there, never mind siblings and friends. I doubt they'll go ahead now. So sorry for everyone affected.
they could have Andrew and Sarah as witnesses and the 2 of them.. and the priest.

Old 03-19-2020, 05:20 PM
Nobility

I hope Beatrice will not have to sacrifice everything she wants - just part of what she wants. What times we are in!!
Old 03-19-2020, 05:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
they could have Andrew and Sarah as witnesses and the 2 of them.. and the priest.
And not Edo’s mother?
Better to have Andrew or Sarah for Bea, plus Edo’s mother for him.
The Priest, the couple, and 1 parent apiece = 5.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I thought you were emphasizing how much better it would be for them to just take one for the team so to speak, and just postpone the wedding?

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 03-19-2020, 07:43 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I do feel for Beatrice - it'd seem like her wedding is cursed - unfortunate events she has no control over always seem to get in the way of her wedding planning. I hope she and Edo will still manage to have a wonderful day regardless of all the stress that must have gone into the planning process.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-19-2020, 07:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I thought you were emphasizing how much better it would be for them to just take one for the team so to speak, and just postpone the wedding?
I always thougtht they should have a small wedding.. And with the present crisis, I wold have thought that they might be happier to have a small private wedding with only a few people.. and celebrate later.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Isn't there a small Chapel at Windsor..St Margarets or something like that? Could work for a 'contained' small family/friend wedding.

LaRae
Old 03-20-2020, 10:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Isn't there a small Chapel at Windsor..St Margarets or something like that? Could work for a 'contained' small family/friend wedding.

LaRae
the C of E is only doing weddings with 5 people.. so any chapel should be able to accommodate that many....
Old 03-20-2020, 11:10 AM
Serene Highness

I predict next year same time!!!
A lot of events are already canceled up till next year.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:45 AM
Royal Highness

I can't see too many people wanting to get married with only 2 witnesses. Maybe they'll be able to rearrange it for later in the year, if things are better by then. With so many people rearranging, it's going to be hard to book nice venues, but at least Beatrice won't be competing with anyone else to get Buckingham Palace ;-) !
Old 03-20-2020, 01:04 PM
Courtier

I would get married now, start with the babyprojekt and then have a party, when everything is back to normal...
Old 03-20-2020, 01:48 PM
Courtier

I think they might as well get married now then they can have a proper wedding when things quiet down.
Old 03-20-2020, 02:45 PM
Nobility

To bad for P Beatrice again.
Old 03-20-2020, 04:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
I can't see too many people wanting to get married with only 2 witnesses. Maybe they'll be able to rearrange it for later in the year, if things are better by then. With so many people rearranging, it's going to be hard to book nice venues, but at least Beatrice won't be competing with anyone else to get Buckingham Palace ;-) !
I dotn see why not. If everyone cancels and tries to put things off for a year there will be a huge number fighting for churches and venues then.
Old 03-20-2020, 04:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The way I see it is that if they're living together already, they already have the "marriage" and the wedding is the celebration of what they already have. I would think that they'd postpone the celebration and just keep on keeping on as they're already doing. The celebration then could be inclusive of everyone that is important to them in a safe and healthy manner.

With this in mind and the CoE limiting weddings to 5 people is just not going to appease Bea and Edo's vision of a wedding, I do think they'll just put the wedding ceremony and reception plans on ice for now.
Old 03-20-2020, 04:45 PM
Majesty

Does Edoardo have any relatives residing in Great Britain that could be a witness for him?
Old 03-20-2020, 04:46 PM
Courtier

People get married in time of war and pandemics all the time. During WWI they had a war and the Spanish flu. It didn't stop people from getting married. I think they should just go ahead and do it - they can have the "party" of a formal wedding later.
Old 03-20-2020, 05:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Does Edoardo have any relatives residing in Great Britain that could be a witness for him?
He grew up in the UK, so I assume at least his mother lives in the UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The way I see it is that if they're living together already, they already have the "marriage" and the wedding is the celebration of what they already have. I would think that they'd postpone the celebration and just keep on keeping on as they're already doing. The celebration then could be inclusive of everyone that is important to them in a safe and healthy manner.

With this in mind and the CoE limiting weddings to 5 people is just not going to appease Bea and Edo's vision of a wedding, I do think they'll just put the wedding ceremony and reception plans on ice for now.
Given that they got relatively quickly engaged, I assume they are looking forward to having children. While Edo already has a child out of wedlock, I don't think that's what they are planning on this time. So, as I stated before, if that's what they are looking forward to AND it seems (by May) that it will be a long time before (slightly) larger weddings will be allowed they might as well get married. Postponement with a few months on the other hand might be an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
People get married in time of war and pandemics all the time. During WWI they had a war and the Spanish flu. It didn't stop people from getting married. I think they should just go ahead and do it - they can have the "party" of a formal wedding later.
I agree. My grandparents (on one side of the family) were among those getting married in WWII. Luckily they did as unfortunately my grandfather died not that long after the war (due to a war-related health issue) - had they waited another few years, they would have missed out on a significant portion of the few years they ended up having together.
Old 03-20-2020, 05:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

LaRae
No

They tried to use the Chapel at Windsor for Charles and Camilla but were told it needed to be licensed to hold weddings and once licensed it would have to be available for anyone who wanted to marry there for the next five years.

Closed Thread