Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They could do as Gabriella did, get married in Windsor but have an evening party at a London venue.

London is a city of about 9 million inhabitants and one of the greatest cities of Europe. I'm sure that Beatrice and Edo could find a suitable wedding venue if they wanted to.

I hope they marry in London and have a huge, swank party later in Italy...it would be perfect!?

I'm hoping for another St. George's wedding both because it is such a beautiful church, and because it emphasizes that in a lot of ways St. George's is the Windor family's parish church. It wouldn't be so much shopping for the right venue, which seems like a very celebrity thing to do, but being at home, with family and 600 of their closest friends.

Hampton Court is a lovely venue. The most beautiful of all (former) royal residences in my opinion. Didn't Lord Frederick get married there?

Lots of room in the palace for a reception:)

:previous: Yes, Lord Frederick was married there. Also Prince Pavlos and MC of Greece held their wedding reception there.

:previous: Yes, Lord Frederick was married there. Also Prince Pavlos and MC of Greece held their wedding reception there.

The chapel royal at Hampton Court is gorgeous and pretty large inside, it's royal providence is impressive too with Henry VIII himself marrying Catherine Parr there. Freddie Windsor married there in 2009 and had his reception in the great hall with official photos taken in the state apartments. He also moved onto a separate evening reception at Lady Annabel Goldsmith's mansion which was nearby. I don't know if it would be big enough for Beatrice though as it was reported that her sister had 850 guests at her wedding and St. George's only holds 800 so she really packed them in!

Last edited:
St. Margaret's is a lovely chapel indeed; I visited with my church and thought it was a nice, intimate venue. It still had the official location of Westminster whilst retaining the small family vibe. I think it's quite a popular venue for christenings of wealthier or aristocratic children living in the area nowadays.

Hampton Court is a lovely venue. The most beautiful of all (former) royal residences in my opinion. Didn't Lord Frederick get married there?

Lots of room in the palace for a reception:)

Yes, they did ?
I agree that it would be a lovely venue and I know it's not as significant a palace nowadays for the BRF, but I still don't understand why it's not used more by them - for a more minor member of the family, it would be a perfect location; no shortage of space indeed! It would be nice if Beatrice and Edo were to marry or at least have their reception there, but I still think Windsor is the most likely bet for them.

The chapel royal at Hampton Court is gorgeous and pretty large inside, it's royal providence is impressive too with Henry VIII himself marrying Catherine Parr there. Freddie Windsor married there in 2009 and had his reception in the great hall with official photos taken in the state apartments. He also moved onto a separate evening reception at Lady Annabel Goldsmith's mansion which was nearby. I don't know if it would be big enough for Beatrice though as it was reported that her sister had 850 guests at her wedding and St. George's only holds 800 so she really packed them in!

Wow...good information, thanks. I can't predict but I wouldn't be surprised if E and B invite more guests than Eugenie/Jack.

I think Beatrice spends even more time with celebs than Eugenie does so I wouldn't be surprised if they have the same amount of guests show up.

The chapel at Hampton Court does look extremely lush. A darker, more gothic vibe than St. George. I like it.

The place is indeed beautiful and fantastic history :flowers:

Issue would be the largest room in the palace only holds about 250 guests. I dont know if Bea will have as many as her sister, but I would think she'd have as many guests as Harry at the very least. Far more then Hampton can hold.

Freddie may have had a posh list but it was also much smaller.

The other issue is going to be the cost of security. We saw the moaning and groans with security the past weddings. Even without a carriage ride, there is the concern for security for the members of the BRF in attendance.

If they hosted the reception at the mansion of a friend, I could see complaints about security costs (founded or not). And about Andrew using his rich friends connections. A lot of bad press for the wedding IMO.

How long after Eugenie's engagement announcement were the date and location given?

This is maddening!:lol:?

How long after Eugenie's engagement announcement were the date and location given?

Two weeks. The engagement was announced in late January, and Andrew revealed date/location at the start of February.

Last edited:

They announced it about two weeks later, on February 2nd. So hopefully we shouldn't have to wait too long. Although for Eugenie's, we already knew the venue so maybe it will be a little later if they haven't really decided yet.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42920235

With the lack of interview like Eugenie and Jack I wonder if this one won't be a bit different

With the lack of interview like Eugenie and Jack I wonder if this one won't be a bit different

I agree, I think it will be slightly low key, in as much as a royal wedding is. I still think it will be at St George's, but there is unlikely to be a carriage ride through Windsor. Expect plenty of big names at the ceremony, followed by a wedding breakfast at the castle, and then a big party at the Royal Lodge.

Or maybe they will give an interview closer to the big day? I certainly hope so, I really like this couple.?

Edo congratulated James Middleton on his Instagram page, just as James did for Edo.

Apparently the two are friends.

So the chance of having competing weddings on the same day is slim and none I bet.;)

I agree, I think it will be slightly low key, in as much as a royal wedding is. I still think it will be at St George's, but there is unlikely to be a carriage ride through Windsor. Expect plenty of big names at the ceremony, followed by a wedding breakfast at the castle, and then a big party at the Royal Lodge.

After the controversy over Eugenie's carriage ride and cost, I dont see one happening. Well maybe one like Autumn and Peter, but not the kind we saw from Eugenie or Harry.

But yes there is no doubt (even if seems more low key without interview) there will be a hugely posh guest list. Like her sister, Beatrice moves in as posh if not posher circles then William and Harry. Celebrities, aristocrats, and some royals/former royals/royal family members will surely dot the list.

I was surprised no interview. We might see one later. But I am not certain.

Eugenie and Jack had one short interview:

Eugenie and Jack had one short interview:

I dont think anyone was expecting a long interview like William and Harry with their fiances. But after Eugenie and Jack gave an official interview, it does seem odd that Beatrice didn't do the same. Length is not the matter.

Or maybe they will give an interview closer to the big day? I certainly hope so, I really like this couple.?

Edo congratulated James Middleton on his Instagram page, just as James did for Edo.

Apparently the two are friends.

So the chance of having competing weddings on the same day is slim and none I bet.;)

Perhaps Edo might even be in James's usher list if they'll have them? Or vice versa?

I dont think anyone was expecting a long interview like William and Harry with their fiances. But after Eugenie and Jack gave an official interview, it does seem odd that Beatrice didn't do the same. Length is not the matter.

Might it possibly have been Edoardo's decision not to have an interview?

Considering the way Edo is being slammed as a cad who divorced his "wife" and abandoned their son for Beatrice I wouldn't be surprised if he is reluctant to meet the press right now.

And Beatrice might be afraid they will try to slip in a question about her father's troubles.:ermm:

Considering the way Edo is being slammed as a cad who divorced his "wife" and abandoned their son for Beatrice I wouldn't be surprised if he is reluctant to meet the press right now.

And Beatrice might be afraid they will try to slip in a question about her father's troubles.:ermm:

It wouldn't be an open press conference, or it wouldnt have to be. They would easily choose a reporter they knew would be trusted to ask safe questions. No one is going to risk an interview of that calibre, by asking about Andrew. An one on one like Eugenie and Jack's is easily controlable.

As for Edo it might be an easy way to clear the air. People continue to cling to lies which have been clarified more then once. The whole 'he divorced his wife' there is no confirmation they were even engaged, certainly not married. And Dara herself said that they have been co-parenting Wolfie since they broke up. People will believe what they will believe.

For heaven's sake the likes of the sun say that they got engaged in 2015, but Edo dumped her shortly after the birth of Wolfie. Sounding like he abandoned their newborn son. For the record Wolfie was born in 2016, and was at least 2 when his parents broke up. Dara got pregnant early on in their relationship.

But yes seems the couple has decided not to speak for whatever reason.

Last edited:
:previous: I completely agree Mirabel and good post by Countessmeout. If we get an interview at all it will not be until perhaps the eve of the wedding.

In fact I am beginning to believe we won't even learn the date until close to, or even after the Nrw Year.:ermm:

Now, this may be a totally off the wall statement from left field in a galaxy far, far away but perhaps its possible that right now, with all that is going on between some members of the British royal family and the press, that there has been a moratorium of silence declared by the BRF (privately and not publicly) in regards to speaking to the press about anything right now other than what is absolutely necessary.

Just a thought. Solidarity comes in different forms. ?

:previous: You could have a point. William and Harry have not publicly congratulated their cousin on her engagement, even though Charles and Camilla "liked" Bea's Instagram engagement photo.

I suspect its going to be a more private wedding, especially if Wolfe has a big part in the wedding, they may want privacy for his sake, and I dont think they want to rock the boat with public. opinion. Either way I'm sure Edo will give her her a lavish wedding and spoil her Sigh was holding out hope for at least a live stream of their wedding online.

And for all we know her cousins congratulated her in private.Not like they dont have access to her private SM and cellphone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom