The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1101  
Old 03-15-2020, 02:36 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Bellevue, United States
Posts: 1,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Was a it the Duke of Gloucester or Kent that was married in the BP Chapel Royal due to a death in the bride's family
Duke of Gloucester due to the death of the bride's father.
__________________

  #1102  
Old 03-15-2020, 02:47 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Beatrice and Edo have reportedly changed the date for their nuptials THREE times since their engagement was announced in September, because of her father's shenanigans.

Now she has finally announced a date and once more, forces outside her control are threatening her plans?

In her place, I would proceed with the intimate family ceremony at St James followed by a family dinner afterward. The huge Buckingham Palace reception can be postponed if necessary.

There is simply no way this poor girl should cancel or postpone her entire wedding...AGAIN.

Enough is enough.
I think at this point, all options will be weighed by Beatrice and Edo, themselves, as to how to go ahead with the wedding.

They may decide to have a very small and limited amount of family and friends that attend the wedding ceremony itself and postpone the reception(s) until a later date or decide to move everything to a later date.

It all depends, IMO, how important it is to the couple to have everyone they want to attend the wedding ceremony itself.

There is also the remote possibility too than now with public gatherings and travel restrictions in place, who's to say that actually televising the event is now being looked into as an alternative? It would bring some needed happiness and joy into the lives of those feeling the restrictions this virus is causing.
__________________

__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #1103  
Old 03-15-2020, 02:53 PM
Lilyflo's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
There is also the remote possibility too than now with public gatherings and travel restrictions in place, who's to say that actually televising the event is now being looked into as an alternative? It would bring some needed happiness and joy into the lives of those feeling the restrictions this virus is causing.
The sight of Prince Andrew on the telly is not going to bring happiness & joy to the nation.
  #1104  
Old 03-15-2020, 02:53 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 819
Like everyone else on the planet, I don't suppose they've got a clue what to do for the best. I'm very sorry for them.
  #1105  
Old 03-15-2020, 03:12 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
The sight of Prince Andrew on the telly is not going to bring happiness & joy to the nation.
You have to admit though it would divert attention from the panic and runs on toilet paper though to focus on Andrew for a short while.

But seriously, the wedding isn't about Andrew but Beatrice and Edo and its their day. I don't think Andrew actually would cause too much of an uproar other than maybe on here in the threads.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #1106  
Old 03-15-2020, 03:47 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
You have to admit though it would divert attention from the panic and runs on toilet paper though to focus on Andrew for a short while.

But seriously, the wedding isn't about Andrew but Beatrice and Edo and its their day. I don't think Andrew actually would cause too much of an uproar other than maybe on here in the threads.
I don't think people would be too delighted to see him on TV.. come to that I don't think that Beatrice is popular enough for her wedding to be of great interest...
  #1107  
Old 03-15-2020, 03:49 PM
Lilyflo's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
You have to admit though it would divert attention from the panic and runs on toilet paper though to focus on Andrew for a short while.

But seriously, the wedding isn't about Andrew but Beatrice and Edo and its their day. I don't think Andrew actually would cause too much of an uproar other than maybe on here in the threads.
I disagree. We'll have people struggling to pay bills because they've lost work, some businesses will be in trouble eg cafes, pubs & those in the holiday trades. People will have cancelled holidays, parties & social events. Many weddings will be significantly affected if not postponed. The end of May is likely to be within the peak of cases & deaths. There will be no appetite whatsoever for a televised royal wedding featuring a grinning Prince Andrew & Sarah Ferguson.
  #1108  
Old 03-15-2020, 03:49 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 10,202
Do Andrew's detractors really believe that they are going to get through the rest of life without seeing even an occasional glimpse of the man??

Will it be so life shattering if he is seen walking his daughter up the aisle?

And if yes to all of the above, why not just change channels or switch off the telly?
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
  #1109  
Old 03-15-2020, 03:59 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Do Andrew's detractors really believe that they are going to get through the rest of life without seeing even an occasional glimpse of the man??

Will it be so life shattering if he is seen walking his daughter up the aisle?

And if yes to all of the above, why not just change channels or switch off the telly?
We see enough of him as things are. If Bea and Edo's wedding was to be "put on tv to entertain those of us who are struggling with big problems at present"... I don't think it would go down well. And if it also involved seeing Andy and Fergie.. even less so. People probably would rather watch a repeat of some old cop show...
  #1110  
Old 03-15-2020, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 3,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
I disagree. We'll have people struggling to pay bills because they've lost work, some businesses will be in trouble eg cafes, pubs & those in the holiday trades. People will have cancelled holidays, parties & social events. Many weddings will be significantly affected if not postponed. The end of May is likely to be within the peak of cases & deaths. There will be no appetite whatsoever for a televised royal wedding featuring a grinning Prince Andrew & Sarah Ferguson.
In your (or other British members') opinion, given the same circumstances, would there be the public appetite for a televised royal wedding if all of the featured royals were popular with the public?
  #1111  
Old 03-15-2020, 04:09 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 819
Austria's banned gatherings of more than 5 people, and I think Italy may even have suspended weddings, so who knows how much longer weddings will be taking place anywhere? Sorry to sound like a doom monger, but everything's up in the air (apart from planes!) at the moment. Hopefully everything will be much better by May, but, at the moment, we just don't know.
  #1112  
Old 03-15-2020, 04:11 PM
Lilyflo's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
In your (or other British members') opinion, given the same circumstances, would there be the public appetite for a televised royal wedding if all of the featured royals were popular with the public?
No I don't think there would. Many people will be having a hard time & any televised coverage of the BRF would be better focused on how they're helping.
  #1113  
Old 03-15-2020, 04:13 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Was a it the Duke of Gloucester or Kent that was married in the BP Chapel Royal due to a death in the bride's family
The Duke of Gloucester, but his father not the current Duke. Prince Henry and Alice were engaged in August and a huge wedding planned for Westminster for November. But October 19, less then a month before their wedding, her father the Duke of Buccleuch died of cancer. The wedding went on, but with a smaller private affair. Alice was given away by her brother Walter.

Quote:
Beatrice and Edo have reportedly changed the date for their nuptials THREE times since their engagement was announced in September, because of her father's shenanigans.

Now she has finally announced a date and once more, forces outside her control are threatening her plans?

In her place, I would proceed with the intimate family ceremony at St James followed by a family dinner afterward. The huge Buckingham Palace reception can be postponed if necessary.

There is simply no way this poor girl should cancel or postpone her entire wedding...AGAIN.

Enough is enough.
The fact they changed the wedding date is only tabloid rumors. We have no confirmation that it has been changed even once not alone three times.

Even if she had, its even more reason for her to possibly to postpone now. If anyone deserves for her wedding to be perfect it's Beatrice after all this. She should have the wedding she wants with the people she wants there.


But I still think that a larger reception had been planned later. Even if it hadn't been, it may be the best thing now. In the summer some where on the continent or such with all their friends.
  #1114  
Old 03-15-2020, 04:14 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 10,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
I disagree. We'll have people struggling to pay bills because they've lost work, some businesses will be in trouble eg cafes, pubs & those in the holiday trades. People will have cancelled holidays, parties & social events. Many weddings will be significantly affected if not postponed. The end of May is likely to be within the peak of cases & deaths. There will be no appetite whatsoever for a televised royal wedding featuring a grinning Prince Andrew & Sarah Ferguson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
We see enough of him as things are. If Bea and Edo's wedding was to be "put on tv to entertain those of us who are struggling with big problems at present"... I don't think it would go down well. And if it also involved seeing Andy and Fergie.. even less so. People probably would rather watch a repeat of some old cop show...
Then why not just watch the old cop show and tune out the wedding?

FWIW I don't believe Beatrice's wedding will or should be televised. But people carrying on as if they will be handcuffed to their chairs and forced to watch is just crazy.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
  #1115  
Old 03-15-2020, 04:19 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
No I don't think there would. Many people will be having a hard time & any televised coverage of the BRF would be better focused on how they're helping.
Exactly. I think people are less interested in Royal weddngs anyway nowadays. They are more inclined to complain of the cost and inconvenience than to enjoy the spectacle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Then why not just watch the old cop show and tune out the wedding?

FWIW I don't believe Beatrice's wedding will or should be televised. But people carrying on as if they will be handcuffed to their chairs and forced to watch is just crazy.
That's not the point. It is the message that it is sending to the public..
  #1116  
Old 03-15-2020, 04:26 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Exactly. I think people are less interested in Royal weddngs anyway nowadays. They are more inclined to complain of the cost and inconvenience than to enjoy the spectacle.
Complain or not, there has been no less interest in watching them. Both Harry and Eugenie's wedding had a lot of viewers.

The only major complaint has been about security. And there will not be the security bills to complain about like her sister or Harry.
  #1117  
Old 03-15-2020, 04:30 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Complain or not, there has been no less interest in watching them. Both Harry and Eugenie's wedding had a lot of viewers.

The only major complaint has been about security. And there will not be the security bills to complain about like her sister or Harry.
I doubt if they approached Willaims and Kate's viewers.. Harry did OK but he is the second son of the future King.. Even so, I dotn think the wedding went down that well, from what I can remember of a bit of chat about it that weekend. Now William the heir is married.. theres no one who is really popular and there wont be any R Wed's for some time. Not till the Wessex children get married.
  #1118  
Old 03-15-2020, 04:37 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 10,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Exactly. I think people are less interested in Royal weddngs anyway nowadays. They are more inclined to complain of the cost and inconvenience than to enjoy the spectacle.
The BRF and the Yorks have bent over backward to ensure that the cost and "inconvenience" to the taxpayer will be as minimal as it is possible to be. Beatrice of all HMQ's grandchildren is having the most low key wedding of all of them.

What more do people want? If she went to a Registry Office there would be hue and cry about how she has bumped some average couple of their rightful date!

There is always going to be whinging and griping from people who simply resent this young woman for what and who she represents. In her place, I would ignore them and live my life.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
  #1119  
Old 03-15-2020, 04:41 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I doubt if they approached Willaims and Kate's viewers.. Harry did OK but he is the second son of the future King.. Even so, I dotn think the wedding went down that well, from what I can remember of a bit of chat about it that weekend. Now William the heir is married.. theres no one who is really popular and there wont be any R Wed's for some time. Not till the Wessex children get married.
People are still clinging to that are they

When Harry got engaged people were 'oh they don't need to film it no one will want to watch. He is not the heir. there is no interest. He is not the heir.'

People don't watch due to how close you are to the throne. A good majority of people who watch royal weddings now a days see royals like celebrities. They watch those who are exciting to watch. The playboy party prince marrying the bi-racial divorced American actress. No one cared if they were not next in line for the throne. Harry being Diana's son, as well as his own reputation and his wife, made them tune in.

People tuned in for Eugenie to see the royals attending. To see all the celebrity guests in attendance. And because her parents are scandal ridden.

Edward and Sophie were older, and boring. There was nothing exciting about the couple. The attention had long moved from Charles' siblings to his sons when Edward had married. And even then there was some interest in his wedding as there always will be.


Beatrice is the last royal wedding until George gets married, or a sibling if they get married first. Her father is scandal ridden. There is no reason to think she wont draw in some attention.


Even if the 'royal fans' who only care about the degree to the throne a person is don't tune in, there were are plenty who would for the spectacle.
  #1120  
Old 03-15-2020, 04:49 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
The BRF and the Yorks have bent over backward to ensure that the cost and "inconvenience" to the taxpayer will be as minimal as it is possible to be. Beatrice of all HMQ's grandchildren is having the most low key wedding of all of them.

What more do people want? If she went to a Registry Office there would be hue and cry about how she has bumped some average couple of their rightful date!

There is always going to be whinging and griping from people who simply resent this young woman for what and who she represents. In her place, I would ignore them and live my life.
I doubt very much if Beatrice is sitting up nights and crying because she's not that popular and that her wedding is going to be low key....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
People are still clinging to that are they

When Harry got engaged people were 'oh they don't need to film it no one will want to watch. He is not the heir. there is no interest. He is not the heir.'

People don't watch due to how close you are to the throne. A good majority of people who watch royal weddings now a days see royals like celebrities. They watch those who are exciting to watch. The playboy party prince marrying the bi-racial divorced American actress. No one cared if they were not next in line for the throne. Harry being Diana's son, as well as his own reputation and his wife, made them tune in.

People tuned in for Eugenie to see the royals attending. To see all the celebrity guests in attendance. And because her parents are scandal ridden.

Edward and Sophie were older, and boring. There was nothing exciting about the couple. The attention had long moved from Charles' siblings to his sons when Edward had married. And even then there was some interest in his wedding as there always will be.


Beatrice is the last royal wedding until George gets married, or a sibling if they get married first. Her father is scandal ridden. There is no reason to think she wont draw in some attention.


Even if the 'royal fans' who only care about the degree to the throne a person is don't tune in, there were are plenty who would for the spectacle.
Of course there are people who will watch. Just as there are people who came from abroad to go to WIndsor for H's weddng or Eugenie's. But overall I don't think that among ordinary Brits there was all that much interest..

It would be really weird if there was NO interest from some of the British public and non Brits... but it isn't that great. I watched for 10 mins (WIllaims wedding I think I lasted about 40 mins) and gave up. Bea may draw some attention but I don't think it will look good....
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engagement of Princess Beatrice of York and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi: September 26, 2019 JessRulz The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family 153 09-29-2019 02:36 AM
Princess Beatrice: Relationships Musings and Suggestions Pranter The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family 520 09-26-2019 07:26 AM




Popular Tags
abdication abu dhabi american history anastasia anastasia once upon a time ancestry archie mountbatten-windsor background story baptism biography british royal family brownbitcoinqueen carolin chittagong commonwealth countries countess of snowdon customs doll duke of sussex facts family tree games george vi gradenigo gustaf vi adolf haakon vii hill history house of windsor imperial household intro italian royal family jack brooksbank jacobite japan jewellery kids movie line of succession list of rulers luxembourg mailing meghan markle monarchy nepalese royal jewels prince constantijn prince dimitri princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn walailak princess ribha queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen mathilde queen maxima random facts royal dress-ups royal jewels royal marriage royal re-enactments. royal wedding serbian royal family snowdon sussex swedish queen taiwan tracts tradition uae customs unsubscribe videos wittelsbach


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:28 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×