The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-28-2019, 10:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

It required extra security paid for by the British public as it went through the streets of Windsor.

I am wondering whether the bookies are going for WA because in each pair of grandchildren the younger has had the less grand church - St George's is grander than the Canongate Kirk (one holds 800 while the other only 400); WA is grander than St Georges and Eugenie has had the 'younger sibling's' venue.

Personally I do think it will be St George's but I did notice that the bookies also had St James' on the list. As this is where Beatrice and Edo live at the moment it would be a nice place for them.

Old 09-28-2019, 10:14 AM
Majesty

The question of costs and security comes into it. And we don't even know if this wedding will be televised. The BBC didn't want to show Eugenie's nuptials, and it was only at Andrew's insistence that ITV agreed to add it to their morning programming.

Old 09-28-2019, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

Personally I do think it will be St George's but I did notice that the bookies also had St James' on the list. As this is where Beatrice and Edo live at the moment it would be a nice place for them.
Wouldn't St. James be too small?
Old 09-28-2019, 10:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Wouldn't St. James be too small?
That depends on how big of a wedding they want. During Victoria and Albert's wedding about 300 people could be squeezed into the chapel. When you think of that she had 12 bridesmaids and all the ladies wore crinolines I'm sure an equal number of guests could be accommodated today.
Old 09-28-2019, 10:40 AM
Serene Highness

The Palace will need to emphatically ban crinolines.
Old 09-28-2019, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

I also think Wedding at St. Georgs Chapel in early May. What i noticed however is that in the case of Eugenie and Jack together with the engagement it was annoucned that the wedding would take opalce in autumn at. st. Georgs Chapel. No mention of a wedding Venue now with the egagement annoucment for Beatrice and Edo.

Old 09-28-2019, 10:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

My guess Beatrice is exploring the venues now. It have to be booked in advance.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-28-2019, 11:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
Spoilsport!

LaRae
Old 09-28-2019, 11:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
Along with those ghastly bumrolls.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 09-28-2019, 11:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Do you all think for some reason Beatrice is going to be wearing a period costume? That's way past vintage! lol

LaRae
Old 09-28-2019, 11:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Do you all think for some reason Beatrice is going to be wearing a period costume? That's way past vintage! lol

LaRae
Just having a giggle or two with the discussion on how many can fit into St. Jame's now as opposed to when Victoria and Albert married there. Its fun.

Then again, what would be totally different with Beatrice and Edo's wedding is if they decided to go with a period wedding and the theme is Victorian times. After all, Beatrice did have a cameo role in the "Young Victoria" movie as a lady in waiting.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Prin...nY4zOySlas2gM:
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 09-28-2019, 11:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Just having a giggle or two with the discussion on how many can fit into St. Jame's now as opposed to when Victoria and Albert married there. Its fun.

Then again, what would be totally different with Beatrice and Edo's wedding is if they decided to go with a period wedding and the theme is Victorian times. After all, Beatrice did have a cameo role in the "Young Victoria" movie as a lady in waiting.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Prin...nY4zOySlas2gM:

While I hope she wears something more vintage even with a Victorian feel ...I don't want her to wear a costume! I've seen a few dresses that give a hint of that without being overly so.

LaRae
Old 09-28-2019, 11:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
While I hope she wears something more vintage even with a Victorian feel ...I don't want her to wear a costume! I've seen a few dresses that give a hint of that without being overly so.

LaRae
Oh it'll never happen. I was being fanciful and giggling at the idea of HM, The Queen dressed as her great-great-grandmother. She could even wear the tiara that Victoria deemed could only be worn by the monarch.

Old 09-28-2019, 12:27 PM
Majesty

Victoria wore black though and a widow's cap and veil for the last forty years of her life. Not very cheerful for a wedding or appropriate with Prince Philip still around.

And, strictly speaking, Victoria didn't wear a crinoline for her wedding in 1840. They didn't come into fashion in England until around 1857. There were crinolines at her eldest son's wedding but that was at St Georges Chapel. More room!
Old 09-28-2019, 12:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
The question of costs and security comes into it. And we don't even know if this wedding will be televised. The BBC didn't want to show Eugenie's nuptials, and it was only at Andrew's insistence that ITV agreed to add it to their morning programming.
This Morning's "Royal Wedding Special" did some good numbers for the time of day and being a week day wedding of a non William and Harry young royal. If they're thinking Bea's might do around the same then I think they would be open to the discussion at least. If that's something the Yorks and Bea and Edo want this time around.

I think the carriage ride will be mixed because that was the most controversial part, even though people did actually turn up to watch in the end.

Ah, going to a themed wedding/party and being able to wear the actual pieces themselves...…..
Old 09-28-2019, 01:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I believe The Queen chooses the venue. Certainly, she did when Eugenie announced her engagement.
Old 09-28-2019, 01:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
This Morning's "Royal Wedding Special" did some good numbers for the time of day and being a week day wedding of a non William and Harry young royal. If they're thinking Bea's might do around the same then I think they would be open to the discussion at least. If that's something the Yorks and Bea and Edo want this time around.

I think the carriage ride will be mixed because that was the most controversial part, even though people did actually turn up to watch in the end.

Ah, going to a themed wedding/party and being able to wear the actual pieces themselves...…..
The carraige ride was seen as a 3 million pounds vanity project at taxpayers expense. The local council complained about having to pay towards the policing after a childrens play area and library in the area had been closed shortly before due to lack of money. There was also an extra security charge for policing within the castle precincts as Andrew insisted on having members of the public there too but all in all it was the procession around the town that was the main expense. IF the Yorks want to go down this road again it would be highly advisable that they pick up the security bill themselves and maybe they will.
Old 09-28-2019, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I'd be willing to bet that everything major has already been decided, even before the public announcement.
The BRF is all about planning.
Old 09-28-2019, 02:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I'd be willing to bet that everything major has already been decided, even before the public announcement.
The BRF is all about planning.
I agree, BP didn't announce that Lady Gabriella was marrying at St. George's and having the reception at Frogmore House until 3 months after the engagement but I don't believe that LG spent those 3 months looking at venues. She said that Windsor was her first choice and I'm sure the Queen would have approved that before the engagement was even announced. I think that B will also know where she is marrying and probably the date too. Why BP sometimes delay in confirming these details I don't know.
Old 09-28-2019, 02:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams View Post
I believe The Queen chooses the venue. Certainly, she did when Eugenie announced her engagement.
I would suggest HM approves the choices rather than makes them. If need be would say no.