The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 09-28-2019, 09:09 AM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 13,233
It required extra security paid for by the British public as it went through the streets of Windsor.

I am wondering whether the bookies are going for WA because in each pair of grandchildren the younger has had the less grand church - St George's is grander than the Canongate Kirk (one holds 800 while the other only 400); WA is grander than St Georges and Eugenie has had the 'younger sibling's' venue.

Personally I do think it will be St George's but I did notice that the bookies also had St James' on the list. As this is where Beatrice and Edo live at the moment it would be a nice place for them.
__________________

  #82  
Old 09-28-2019, 09:14 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,446
The question of costs and security comes into it. And we don't even know if this wedding will be televised. The BBC didn't want to show Eugenie's nuptials, and it was only at Andrew's insistence that ITV agreed to add it to their morning programming.
__________________

  #83  
Old 09-28-2019, 09:14 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

Personally I do think it will be St George's but I did notice that the bookies also had St James' on the list. As this is where Beatrice and Edo live at the moment it would be a nice place for them.
Wouldn't St. James be too small?
  #84  
Old 09-28-2019, 09:34 AM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 3,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Wouldn't St. James be too small?
That depends on how big of a wedding they want. During Victoria and Albert's wedding about 300 people could be squeezed into the chapel. When you think of that she had 12 bridesmaids and all the ladies wore crinolines I'm sure an equal number of guests could be accommodated today.
  #85  
Old 09-28-2019, 09:40 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Bellevue, United States
Posts: 1,396
The Palace will need to emphatically ban crinolines.
  #86  
Old 09-28-2019, 09:43 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 5,516
I also think Wedding at St. Georgs Chapel in early May. What i noticed however is that in the case of Eugenie and Jack together with the engagement it was annoucned that the wedding would take opalce in autumn at. st. Georgs Chapel. No mention of a wedding Venue now with the egagement annoucment for Beatrice and Edo.
__________________
Stefan



  #87  
Old 09-28-2019, 09:46 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
My guess Beatrice is exploring the venues now. It have to be booked in advance.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #88  
Old 09-28-2019, 10:21 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
The Palace will need to emphatically ban crinolines.
Spoilsport!



LaRae
  #89  
Old 09-28-2019, 10:29 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
The Palace will need to emphatically ban crinolines.
Along with those ghastly bumrolls.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #90  
Old 09-28-2019, 10:31 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Do you all think for some reason Beatrice is going to be wearing a period costume? That's way past vintage! lol



LaRae
  #91  
Old 09-28-2019, 10:40 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Do you all think for some reason Beatrice is going to be wearing a period costume? That's way past vintage! lol



LaRae
Just having a giggle or two with the discussion on how many can fit into St. Jame's now as opposed to when Victoria and Albert married there. Its fun.

Then again, what would be totally different with Beatrice and Edo's wedding is if they decided to go with a period wedding and the theme is Victorian times. After all, Beatrice did have a cameo role in the "Young Victoria" movie as a lady in waiting.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Prin...nY4zOySlas2gM:
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #92  
Old 09-28-2019, 10:46 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Just having a giggle or two with the discussion on how many can fit into St. Jame's now as opposed to when Victoria and Albert married there. Its fun.

Then again, what would be totally different with Beatrice and Edo's wedding is if they decided to go with a period wedding and the theme is Victorian times. After all, Beatrice did have a cameo role in the "Young Victoria" movie as a lady in waiting.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Prin...nY4zOySlas2gM:

While I hope she wears something more vintage even with a Victorian feel ...I don't want her to wear a costume! I've seen a few dresses that give a hint of that without being overly so.


LaRae
  #93  
Old 09-28-2019, 10:57 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
While I hope she wears something more vintage even with a Victorian feel ...I don't want her to wear a costume! I've seen a few dresses that give a hint of that without being overly so.


LaRae
Oh it'll never happen. I was being fanciful and giggling at the idea of HM, The Queen dressed as her great-great-grandmother. She could even wear the tiara that Victoria deemed could only be worn by the monarch.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #94  
Old 09-28-2019, 11:27 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,446
Victoria wore black though and a widow's cap and veil for the last forty years of her life. Not very cheerful for a wedding or appropriate with Prince Philip still around.

And, strictly speaking, Victoria didn't wear a crinoline for her wedding in 1840. They didn't come into fashion in England until around 1857. There were crinolines at her eldest son's wedding but that was at St Georges Chapel. More room!
  #95  
Old 09-28-2019, 11:32 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
The question of costs and security comes into it. And we don't even know if this wedding will be televised. The BBC didn't want to show Eugenie's nuptials, and it was only at Andrew's insistence that ITV agreed to add it to their morning programming.
This Morning's "Royal Wedding Special" did some good numbers for the time of day and being a week day wedding of a non William and Harry young royal. If they're thinking Bea's might do around the same then I think they would be open to the discussion at least. If that's something the Yorks and Bea and Edo want this time around.

I think the carriage ride will be mixed because that was the most controversial part, even though people did actually turn up to watch in the end.

Ah, going to a themed wedding/party and being able to wear the actual pieces themselves...…..
  #96  
Old 09-28-2019, 12:13 PM
HighGoalHighDreams's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Unspecified, United States
Posts: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
My guess Beatrice is exploring the venues now. It have to be booked in advance.
I believe The Queen chooses the venue. Certainly, she did when Eugenie announced her engagement.
  #97  
Old 09-28-2019, 12:36 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
This Morning's "Royal Wedding Special" did some good numbers for the time of day and being a week day wedding of a non William and Harry young royal. If they're thinking Bea's might do around the same then I think they would be open to the discussion at least. If that's something the Yorks and Bea and Edo want this time around.

I think the carriage ride will be mixed because that was the most controversial part, even though people did actually turn up to watch in the end.

Ah, going to a themed wedding/party and being able to wear the actual pieces themselves...…..
The carraige ride was seen as a 3 million pounds vanity project at taxpayers expense. The local council complained about having to pay towards the policing after a childrens play area and library in the area had been closed shortly before due to lack of money. There was also an extra security charge for policing within the castle precincts as Andrew insisted on having members of the public there too but all in all it was the procession around the town that was the main expense. IF the Yorks want to go down this road again it would be highly advisable that they pick up the security bill themselves and maybe they will.
  #98  
Old 09-28-2019, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
My guess Beatrice is exploring the venues now. It have to be booked in advance.
I'd be willing to bet that everything major has already been decided, even before the public announcement.
The BRF is all about planning.
  #99  
Old 09-28-2019, 01:01 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I'd be willing to bet that everything major has already been decided, even before the public announcement.
The BRF is all about planning.
I agree, BP didn't announce that Lady Gabriella was marrying at St. George's and having the reception at Frogmore House until 3 months after the engagement but I don't believe that LG spent those 3 months looking at venues. She said that Windsor was her first choice and I'm sure the Queen would have approved that before the engagement was even announced. I think that B will also know where she is marrying and probably the date too. Why BP sometimes delay in confirming these details I don't know.
  #100  
Old 09-28-2019, 01:12 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams View Post
I believe The Queen chooses the venue. Certainly, she did when Eugenie announced her engagement.
I would suggest HM approves the choices rather than makes them. If need be would say no.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engagement of Princess Beatrice of York and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi: September 26, 2019 JessRulz The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family 153 09-29-2019 01:36 AM
Princess Beatrice: Relationships Musings and Suggestions Pranter The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family 520 09-26-2019 06:26 AM




Popular Tags
america american archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian birth britain britannia british british royal family buckingham palace camilla camilla's family camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles china chinese colorblindness coronation crown jewels customs doge of venice dresses duchess of sussex duke of sussex elizabeth ii family tree fashion and style gemstones genetics george vi gradenigo harry and meghan hello! henry viii highgrove history house of windsor hypothetical monarchs japanese imperial family japan history jewellery king edward vii king juan carlos liechtenstein lili mountbatten-windsor medical monarchist movements monarchists monarchy mongolia names nara period plantinum jubilee politics prince harry queen elizabeth ii queen victoria royal ancestry solomon j solomon spanish royal family st edward sussex suthida tradition unfinished portrait united states united states of america wales welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:46 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×