Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most couples seem to be waiting until next year, in the hope that they can have the wedding they'd originally planned. I've seen pictures of weddings in other countries with the bride, groom and minister/celebrant all in masks, and hardly any guests, and, whilst I appreciate that some people just want to be married ASAP, it's not really the day that anyone dreams of.

Wedding ceremonies were reduced to 5 people on March 19th. Full lockdown was announced on March 23rd. There wasn't exactly much chance, even if you'd already got all the paperwork sorted out.

It's a shame for Beatrice. I know that thousands of other couples are in the same situation, but she's had no luck at all with organising this wedding.

Last edited:
Even though many people are not seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, it is unlikely that the Covid-19 pandemic will not be sufficiently controlled two years from now to the point of preventing people from having "normal" wedding ceremonies. Although I am not a virologist or an expert in any sense, comparisons with HIV are inadequate in my humble opinion as, epidemiologically, Covid-19 is much more like the Spanish Flu for example than HIV/Aids, i.e. most people recover from the disease and develop antibodies that give them at least some level of immunity for some time and a vaccine is probably likely to be developed at some point, however long it may take.

My only point was that vaccines can take a long time. I am certainly no expert either. The two diseases are not at all alike.

So from the 4 July weddings can happen again with 30 guests. Only England though. Maybe we may get a wedding soon [emoji7]

So from the 4 July weddings can happen again with 30 guests. Only England though. Maybe we may get a wedding soon [emoji7]

Any relatives over the age of 70 or with underlying health conditions couldn’t attend until at least August 1st.

This isn't a couple who is going to throw together a backyard bbq wedding in a week just because the rules have opened up again. And at the very least they would have to wait for August so the queen and Philip could possibly attend.

They also face the talk of 'throwing a fancy party while others are suffering' kind of perspective. Considering the press the Yorks have had because of Andrew lately, don't see that being more they want to take on.

They may also have guests they want there who can not travel to the UK yet.

If they really feel a burning need to marry ASAP I don't think we'd ever know. Likely marry just privately, and then have a proper wedding later on. Since it isn't likely to be televised or even streamed like her sister, a vowel renewal instead of technical wedding would never be seen. Though the wedding may b streamed at least, as when things calm down enough, it may be seen as a good way to list some spirits.

This isn't a couple who is going to throw together a backyard bbq wedding in a week just because the rules have opened up again. And at the very least they would have to wait for August so the queen and Philip could possibly attend.

They also face the talk of 'throwing a fancy party while others are suffering' kind of perspective. Considering the press the Yorks have had because of Andrew lately, don't see that being more they want to take on.

They may also have guests they want there who can not travel to the UK yet.

If they really feel a burning need to marry ASAP I don't think we'd ever know. Likely marry just privately, and then have a proper wedding later on. Since it isn't likely to be televised or even streamed like her sister, a vowel renewal instead of technical wedding would never be seen. Though the wedding may b streamed at least, as when things calm down enough, it may be seen as a good way to list some spirits.

If I was in their shoes, and all things considered, I would have a quiet ceremony sometime over the summer with only the closest of family and friends, and announce it to the world after the event.

Obviously everyone's different, but what I'm hearing from most couples who've had to postpone their weddings is that they'd rather wait until the situation's improved and they can have something more like the day they'd planned. It's not like during the war when people wanted to get married because they didn't know how long they might have. For most couples, they're living together anyway, and a bit longer won't make that much difference. Unfortunately, we've got no way of knowing how long it may be before big celebrations can take place again.

BTW, weddings are also allowed in Wales and Northern Ireland.

It just depends how they feel. Everyone's different.

Obviously everyone's different, but what I'm hearing from most couples who've had to postpone their weddings is that they'd rather wait until the situation's improved and they can have something more like the day they'd planned. It's not like during the war when people wanted to get married because they didn't know how long they might have. For most couples, they're living together anyway, and a bit longer won't make that much difference. Unfortunately, we've got no way of knowing how long it may be before big celebrations can take place again.

BTW, weddings are also allowed in Wales and Northern Ireland.

It just depends how they feel. Everyone's different.

You are right, every couple needs to decide what is the right decision for them, and their circumstances.

If I was in their shoes, and all things considered, I would have a quiet ceremony sometime over the summer with only the closest of family and friends, and announce it to the world after the event.

Yeah I dont think they are going to do that. I think they will have a relatively small wedding but a big party and to do that, they will probalby have to wait.

Yeah I dont think they are going to do that. I think they will have a relatively small wedding but a big party and to do that, they will probalby have to wait.

That may entirely be the case, who knows ? ?

It is only the shielded that have to wait until 1 August. That is approx 2 million people in the whole of the UK that isn’t all the over 70’s and people with underlying conditions. The Queen and Prince Philip might not be shielding. I suspect they aren’t or we wouldn’t have seen pictures of them (as that would be breaking the shielding guidance).

I just have a feeling to this couple the most important thing is being married. They were never going to have a big wedding ceremony. They could get married now at Windsor with 30 guests and then have a massive party at a later date. I’d be very surprised if they could have a massive party anytime before next summer. We are likely to go into lockdown again at some point over the winter months.

Most couples these days don’t have to be married before having children so delaying doesn’t mean they would have to put that off. For Beatrice she does need to be married and she might just want to get on with it.

The Queen and Prince Philip might not be shielding. I suspect they aren’t or we wouldn’t have seen pictures of them (as that would be breaking the shielding guidance).

Anyone over the age of 70 with underlying health conditions especially, are at significant risk if they catch Covid. They are shielding.

We’ve seen two photos of The Queen and Prince Philip, both taken at a 2 metre distance by a single photographer, if he entered the palace compound with either correct PPE or didn’t touch a single thing other than the items he brought in, then they haven’t broken shielding.

Anyone over the age of 70 with underlying health conditions especially, are at significant risk if they catch Covid. They are shielding.

We’ve seen two photos of The Queen and Prince Philip, both taken at a 2 metre distance by a single photographer, if he entered the palace compound with either correct PPE or didn’t touch a single thing other than the items he brought in, then they haven’t broken shielding.

That isn’t what the government guidance says at all. My Dad and all my aunts are uncles are over 70 most with underlying health conditions and they aren’t shielding. Shielding is for people who have certain conditions whether they are young or old. They have had letters from the NHS confirming this status. The guidance for people shielding is that they don’t leave their homes nor anyone living with them. It was does not including taking part in birthday parades, photocalls etc even at a 2m distance. I have friends with 40 year old husbands who are shielding. They and their kids haven’t left their houses for over 15 weeks now. They are on lists to get their shopping/medicine delivered. The disinfectant everything that comes into the house.

My mum, dad are uncle are all over 70, and aren't shielding. But I've got 2 cousins in their 50s who are shielding, and friends in their 40s who are shielding, because of medical conditions.

I doubt that the Queen's on an official shielding notice. Prince Philip probably is, because of his health issues. But, as people in their 90s are more vulnerable than people in their 70s, I doubt they'll want to go out in a crowd at this stage.

Charles and Camilla are now out and about again.

Prince Philip probably is, because of his health issues.

Than as per government guidelines, Her Majesty would be required to shield to protect her husband.

As I work for the NHS, I know what the requirement for our elderly citizens is.

It’s unlikely that Beatrice and Eduardo’s wedding will happen this year as there’s a lot of people who would miss the occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom