The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-13-2020, 05:52 PM
Nobility

It would be worth getting married in early April just to have a bouquet of lovely yellow daffodils :-). Lots of lovely flowers in late May too - I hope she chooses those, rather than just white and green.

Old 02-13-2020, 06:16 PM
Majesty

Yahoo news site is reporting that Beatrice and Edoardo are enforcing a strict 'No wedding gifts" policy for their nuptials. They want donations to two special charities instead.

IF this story is true, they have moved to the very top of my Favorite British Royal Couple poll.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/stri...125500139.html

ETA: Alison, yellow daffodils for a late Spring wedding would be incredibly beautiful!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 02-13-2020, 07:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Yahoo news site is reporting that Beatrice and Edoardo are enforcing a strict 'No wedding gifts" policy for their nuptials. They want donations to two special charities instead.

IF this story is true, they have moved to the very top of my Favorite British Royal Couple poll.

ETA: Alison, yellow daffodils for a late Spring wedding would be incredibly beautiful!
No if about it. A least with Big Change.

Confirmation from the charity website

http://www.big-change.org/wp-content...nge-110220.pdf

Makes sense. While she has a number of patronages, Big Change is different. She founded it with the Branson kids and a friend or two. It's often what she does her marathons and such for.

No confirmation from Cricket but not shocking they would support the two charities they are personally hands on with, not simply patron.

Not to say their personal family and friends may not give gifts too. But yes it's great to see people with such wealth asking for donations instead.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Here are some possibilities for church flowers.
Those designs are really dated and I imagine Beatrice will have something currently fashionable, which is to have a more natural look.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:09 AM
Majesty

Based on what I have seen of the Chapel Royal, if I was in charge of decorations I would select a floral design filled with off/white, cream, and yellow jonquils to offsite the golden interior of the Chapel mixed with accents of spring greenery.

I would encourage Beatrice to choose a champagne coloured bridal gown (same as her mother) to complement both her natural coloring and the gold/cream/yellow wedding decorations. A pearl tiara would cap the whole effect nicely.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 02-14-2020, 10:28 AM
Royal Highness

I would like to see Beatrice in a dress with gold embroidery. Something like this: https://www.tpbridal.com/gold-and-wh...ong-train.html
Old 02-14-2020, 11:08 AM
Majesty

Oh yes....PERFECT for the scene I described!!!

But I am not sure she could or would expose her shoulders and decolletage that way in church.

Old 02-14-2020, 11:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Oh yes....PERFECT for the scene I described!!!

But I am not sure she could or would expose her shoulders and decolletage that way in church.
I agree that she wouldn't go for that exact design because she'll need something that shows far less up top based on BRF traditions and the modesty standards of a wedding in the Chapel Royal, etc. However, that gold embroidery is absolutely stunning. If she were to incorporate that it would be a beautiful and unique touch.
Old 02-14-2020, 12:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Based on what I have seen of the Chapel Royal, if I was in charge of decorations I would select a floral design filled with off/white, cream, and yellow jonquils to offsite the golden interior of the Chapel mixed with accents of spring greenery.
As the wedding is the very end of May, that's usually early summer here and too late for daffodils (you call them jonquils?). The British-grown flowers in season at the end of May include the two big wedding favourites: roses and peonies. Other British-grown flowers for late May can include lilacs, lavender & sweet peas (amongst many varieties). Beatrice might not choose British-grown flowers of course, in which case she could have almost anything flown in. I hope she chooses the environmentally friendly option by using flowers & foliage grown locally (some from Windsor perhaps) & supports British flower growers.
Old 02-14-2020, 12:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

? I thought several royal couples asked for no presents and rather a donation to charity
Old 02-14-2020, 01:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
? I thought several royal couples asked for no presents and rather a donation to charity
Working royals like William and Harry did for their weddings. They are public figures who gets funding. It was seen as proper they didn’t encourage gifts but gave back instead.

Beatrice on the other hand is like her sister, Peter and Zara. For all her title, she is not a working royal. Her and her fiancé pay rent and work. Like her sister and cousins she could have accepted wedding gifts and really no one could say much. But the couple have chosen to go the charity route instead.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:44 AM
Heir Apparent

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...nt/ar-BB108cOf

Not sure how accurate this is, but a glass structure such as Pippa had would be an elegant choice for a garden reception.
So I hope the article is correct.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...nt/ar-BB108cOf

Not sure how accurate this is, but a glass structure such as Pippa had would be an elegant choice for a garden reception.
So I hope the article is correct.
The article says perhaps Beatrice will have a glass marquee like Pippa did. Any of us could write that. Perhaps she'll have boho tipi tents. Perhaps she'll have traditional white marquees (they'll have more than one). Perhaps they'll have a combination of different styles of marquee adjoining each other.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Thinking logically, its been reported that the wedding reception will be held in the gardens of Buckingham Palace. Seeing as the Queen hosts garden parties there yearly, most likely for the reception, they'll use the the tents that BP already has for the garden party.

Its also been reported that, at times, BP rents out their garden party tents so it just seems logical to me that they'd use their own tents rather than up the expenses of the reception by getting something totally different.

JMO, of course.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ing-costs.html
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 02-19-2020, 10:43 AM
Majesty

Springtime weather in the UK is tricky, just as it can be here in the US. In the unfortunate event of pouring rain, I wonder if they will have already decorated the State rooms so that the guests can be moved indoors at a moment's notice?

In any event, I am hoping that Bea and Edo will have the glorious sunshine that Harry and Meghan had at their May wedding.

Old 02-19-2020, 10:45 AM
Courtier

If it rains, they'll have cover under some kind of marquees. They won't need to go indoors.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:40 AM
Majesty

Oh...that makes sense. Thank you.

Old 02-19-2020, 12:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Oh...that makes sense. Thank you.
A traditional English garden party or garden wedding reception almost always has some kind of marquee, usually for serving the food & drink but also useful as a shelter. Often they are large enough for a seated meal but if it's a buffet, the kind of marquee used by HMQ at her garden parties would suffice (although Beatrice might prefer something different - HMQ's marquees are a bit too 'corporate event' for me).
Old 02-19-2020, 12:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
In any event, I am hoping that Bea and Edo will have the glorious sunshine that Harry and Meghan had at their May wedding.
I am too . But I'm sure they've got a Plan B in the event of wet weather - it can decide to pour down at any time of year!
Old 02-19-2020, 12:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
A traditional English garden party or garden wedding reception almost always has some kind of marquee, usually for serving the food & drink but also useful as a shelter. Often they are large enough for a seated meal but if it's a buffet, the kind of marquee used by HMQ at her garden parties would suffice (although Beatrice might prefer something different - HMQ's marquees are a bit too 'corporate event' for me).
Which brings me to my next question...I wonder if HMQ is hosting a buffet, a sit down lunch, or a canapes and champagne reception? How many guests can the Buckingham Palace gardens accommodate.