The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2020, 11:25 AM
Nobility

While I think the church was choosen for obvious reasons and including Bea love for the victorian era and how she already has a connection there due to her Christening. I also think Wolfe was taken in consideration. His parents are supper private about him. Before they'd post about him. Now they deleted some pics and highlights and dont post about him. They have a private instagram about him. Though I see Dara slip up at times in instagram stories. I think they really want also to keep private and cozy due to him and also their preference.

Old 02-10-2020, 11:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Perhaps the bride and groom did not have a close enough connection to the Kent's and Gloucester's like they did with some of their other guests like Oprah and the Clooney's.
Yes, I had forgot about that

Old 02-10-2020, 11:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchesschicana View Post
While I think the church was choosen for obvious reasons and including Bea love for the victorian era and how she already has a connection there due to her Christening. I also think Wolfe was taken in consideration. His parents are supper private about him. Before they'd post about him. Now they deleted some pics and highlights and dont post about him. They have a private instagram about him. Though I see Dara slip up at times in instagram stories. I think they really want also to keep private and cozy due to him and also their preference.
I completely agree. I also feel that Dara, Edo and Beatrice are going to become even more protective of him after the wedding. Anyone looking forward to seeing little Wolfie at Trooping, Christmas at Sandringham and other BRF official appearances may be disappointed.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 02-10-2020, 12:23 PM
Serene Highness

Chapel Royal at St James’ will make a lovely venue. Intimate and full of royal history. St George’s Chapel feels (to mee) more like a church for funerals than for weddings. Yes i liked Harry’s and Eugenie’s weddings but still......

Guards Chapel would also have been a lovely venue but it would have come off wrong in the media for obvious reasons (Prince Andrew and his military connections) and i doubt Beatrice would have wanted that to distract her wedding day when it is fully possible to avoid like choosing a closed venue like St James’ (or Hampton Court)

I also wouldn’t be surprised if they will have a grand party somewhere before or after the wedding for their wider friend-circle that will not be invited to the wedding ceremony. Like at the very beautiful Villa Mapelli Mozzi for example. The ancestral home of the Mapelli Mozzi Family outside Milano.
Old 02-10-2020, 12:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
Possibly but as they'll be in central London already, they might prefer an evening party in town "for the young people" at a club and something for all ages the next day at Royal Lodge eg barbecue, hog roast, ice-cream van, outdoor games, music etc. I've been to weddings with a follow-up day at one of the parents' homes that's really relaxed & good fun.
A night club is fine for engagement party but doubt for wedding reception. More likely if they have evening party same day (not later as suggested by many) they will have a friend host it. They certainly have friends with large homes in London or closer then Windsor.
Old 02-10-2020, 02:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
A night club is fine for engagement party but doubt for wedding reception. More likely if they have evening party same day (not later as suggested by many) they will have a friend host it. They certainly have friends with large homes in London or closer then Windsor.
Didn't Lady Gabriella have an evening party in London (restaurant or club not private home) after the daytime wedding reception at Windsor? Beatrice wore that lacy emerald dress I remember. That's the sort of thing I was thinking of.
Old 02-10-2020, 02:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

I thought Ella's party was at Frogmore House? But come to think of it that might have been her afternoon reception....

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 02-10-2020, 02:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I thought Ella's party was at Frogmore House? But come to think of it that might have been her afternoon reception....
Her evening reception was in London. She had a lunch at Frogmore where the royals who attended the ceremony also went. The evening party was much smaller and mainly just friends.

Issue with using a restaurant are both size and security. Unlike Ella Beatrice is likely to have senior royals at her evening party. So access has to be considered.

But there is also space. The restaurant Ella used only seats 150 people if you want dance floor. And that’s actually large for a restaurant. Restaurants are practical for engagement parties but wedding receptions not so much.

If they want an evening reception in London still think they will just use a home of a friend. They have plenty of rich connections with large properties in London and near.

Or they could forego that night and have a party that weekend at Royal lodge or some where else later on. Italy, the York home in Switzerland, or even one of Branson homes like Necker or in South Africa are all possible.
Old 02-10-2020, 02:46 PM
Heir Apparent

I get the impression Beatrice is more mindful of recent events involving Andrew than maybe others in the family are. I'm not going to presume she choose the venue solely because of recent scandals but I do think it was part of the thinking. As such I can see her sticking to the one reception at BP and then it later being revealed they are having/had a party overseas our in the countryside somewhere a little while later. Just IMO.
Old 02-10-2020, 03:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Chapel Royal at St James’ will make a lovely venue. Intimate and full of royal history. St George’s Chapel feels (to mee) more like a church for funerals than for weddings. Yes i liked Harry’s and Eugenie’s weddings but still......

Guards Chapel would also have been a lovely venue but it would have come off wrong in the media for obvious reasons (Prince Andrew and his military connections) and i doubt Beatrice would have wanted that to distract her wedding day when it is fully possible to avoid like choosing a closed venue like St James’ (or Hampton Court)

I also wouldn’t be surprised if they will have a grand party somewhere before or after the wedding for their wider friend-circle that will not be invited to the wedding ceremony. Like at the very beautiful Villa Mapelli Mozzi for example. The ancestral home of the Mapelli Mozzi Family outside Milano.
I could not agree more with everything. Despite it's relatively small size, I am thrilled with the choice of St.James Palace for the wedding. It's ancient, stately and fairly oozing with Royal history. The ceremony itself can be witnessed by the most important people...the family of the bride and groom.

We won't see any TV starlets or Beckhams grinning for the cameras on the way in..

The expansive and beautiful gardens of Buckingham Palace is where a wider group of friends and family can nibble canapes and toast the bridal couple with HMQ's best champagne.

I hope we get a shot of Beatrice riding the short distance to the wedding, or the couple returning from St. James to Buckingham Palace.

In my wildest dreams Alex Mapelli-Mozzi will open the family's ancestral palace for an even bigger party in the coming weeks.

Old 02-10-2020, 04:50 PM
Heir Apparent

For her wedding bouquet, Queen Victoria carried a small posy of snowdrops.Do you think Princess Beatrice might have snowdrops in her bridal bouquet?
Old 02-10-2020, 05:45 PM
Courtier

We only get snowdrops in February. Queen Victoria may well have chosen them because there are very few other flowers around at this time of year - although I love them, and they'd look very pretty in a bridal bouquet. I suppose some clever gardeners could produce some in May, though!
Old 02-10-2020, 07:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I could not agree more with everything. Despite it's relatively small size, I am thrilled with the choice of St.James Palace for the wedding. It's ancient, stately and fairly oozing with Royal history. The ceremony itself can be witnessed by the most important people...the family of the bride and groom.
Yes - it seems fitting for Beatrice. Sarah would know the royal history of St. James' - she's a Queen Victoria enthusiast. Queen Victoria was married there, and Beatrice had a cameo in The Young Victoria. She also looks more like Victoria than any of the other modern royals. So overall, I think the history of the chapel makes it a nice/unique choice (considering most recent royal weddings except Zara's have been at St. George's Chapel).
Old 02-10-2020, 10:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
For her wedding bouquet, Queen Victoria carried a small posy of snowdrops.Do you think Princess Beatrice might have snowdrops in her bridal bouquet?
Queen V had a winter wedding. Since Beatrice will marry in the late Springtime, i hope her bridal bouquet will reflect that season.

Old 02-12-2020, 10:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

https://people.com/royals/princess-b...drews-scandal/

Just as I suspected.

Old 02-13-2020, 02:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Not that it makes one single iota of difference but I'd be curious to know when the other two dates were and what the original plan involved. Again, it makes zero difference now and I'm just curious but I do wonder how drastic the changes have been.
Old 02-13-2020, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Here are some possibilities for church flowers.
Old 02-13-2020, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Queen V had a winter wedding. Since Beatrice will marry in the late Springtime, i hope her bridal bouquet will reflect that season.
Spring is the season that comes alive and there are lots of beautiful flowers blooming - I too hope Beatrice chooses a seasonal bouquet. I've always wanted to have a spring wedding; just so I could decorate the venue with the seasonal flowers.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-13-2020, 04:52 PM
Courtier

It would be worth getting married in early April just to have a bouquet of lovely yellow daffodils :-). Lots of lovely flowers in late May too - I hope she chooses those, rather than just white and green.
Old 02-13-2020, 05:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yahoo news site is reporting that Beatrice and Edoardo are enforcing a strict 'No wedding gifts" policy for their nuptials. They want donations to two special charities instead.

IF this story is true, they have moved to the very top of my Favorite British Royal Couple poll.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/stri...125500139.html

ETA: Alison, yellow daffodils for a late Spring wedding would be incredibly beautiful!

Closed Thread