The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #921  
Old 02-10-2020, 11:25 AM
duchesschicana's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: London, United States
Posts: 281
While I think the church was choosen for obvious reasons and including Bea love for the victorian era and how she already has a connection there due to her Christening. I also think Wolfe was taken in consideration. His parents are supper private about him. Before they'd post about him. Now they deleted some pics and highlights and dont post about him. They have a private instagram about him. Though I see Dara slip up at times in instagram stories. I think they really want also to keep private and cozy due to him and also their preference.
__________________

  #922  
Old 02-10-2020, 11:29 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Perhaps the bride and groom did not have a close enough connection to the Kent's and Gloucester's like they did with some of their other guests like Oprah and the Clooney's.
Yes, I had forgot about that
__________________

  #923  
Old 02-10-2020, 11:58 AM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 10,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by duchesschicana View Post
While I think the church was choosen for obvious reasons and including Bea love for the victorian era and how she already has a connection there due to her Christening. I also think Wolfe was taken in consideration. His parents are supper private about him. Before they'd post about him. Now they deleted some pics and highlights and dont post about him. They have a private instagram about him. Though I see Dara slip up at times in instagram stories. I think they really want also to keep private and cozy due to him and also their preference.
I completely agree. I also feel that Dara, Edo and Beatrice are going to become even more protective of him after the wedding. Anyone looking forward to seeing little Wolfie at Trooping, Christmas at Sandringham and other BRF official appearances may be disappointed.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
  #924  
Old 02-10-2020, 12:23 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,349
Chapel Royal at St James’ will make a lovely venue. Intimate and full of royal history. St George’s Chapel feels (to mee) more like a church for funerals than for weddings. Yes i liked Harry’s and Eugenie’s weddings but still......

Guards Chapel would also have been a lovely venue but it would have come off wrong in the media for obvious reasons (Prince Andrew and his military connections) and i doubt Beatrice would have wanted that to distract her wedding day when it is fully possible to avoid like choosing a closed venue like St James’ (or Hampton Court)

I also wouldn’t be surprised if they will have a grand party somewhere before or after the wedding for their wider friend-circle that will not be invited to the wedding ceremony. Like at the very beautiful Villa Mapelli Mozzi for example. The ancestral home of the Mapelli Mozzi Family outside Milano.
  #925  
Old 02-10-2020, 12:45 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
Possibly but as they'll be in central London already, they might prefer an evening party in town "for the young people" at a club and something for all ages the next day at Royal Lodge eg barbecue, hog roast, ice-cream van, outdoor games, music etc. I've been to weddings with a follow-up day at one of the parents' homes that's really relaxed & good fun.
A night club is fine for engagement party but doubt for wedding reception. More likely if they have evening party same day (not later as suggested by many) they will have a friend host it. They certainly have friends with large homes in London or closer then Windsor.
  #926  
Old 02-10-2020, 02:00 PM
Lilyflo's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
A night club is fine for engagement party but doubt for wedding reception. More likely if they have evening party same day (not later as suggested by many) they will have a friend host it. They certainly have friends with large homes in London or closer then Windsor.
Didn't Lady Gabriella have an evening party in London (restaurant or club not private home) after the daytime wedding reception at Windsor? Beatrice wore that lacy emerald dress I remember. That's the sort of thing I was thinking of.
  #927  
Old 02-10-2020, 02:09 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 10,129
I thought Ella's party was at Frogmore House? But come to think of it that might have been her afternoon reception....
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
  #928  
Old 02-10-2020, 02:21 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I thought Ella's party was at Frogmore House? But come to think of it that might have been her afternoon reception....
Her evening reception was in London. She had a lunch at Frogmore where the royals who attended the ceremony also went. The evening party was much smaller and mainly just friends.

Issue with using a restaurant are both size and security. Unlike Ella Beatrice is likely to have senior royals at her evening party. So access has to be considered.

But there is also space. The restaurant Ella used only seats 150 people if you want dance floor. And that’s actually large for a restaurant. Restaurants are practical for engagement parties but wedding receptions not so much.

If they want an evening reception in London still think they will just use a home of a friend. They have plenty of rich connections with large properties in London and near.

Or they could forego that night and have a party that weekend at Royal lodge or some where else later on. Italy, the York home in Switzerland, or even one of Branson homes like Necker or in South Africa are all possible.
  #929  
Old 02-10-2020, 02:46 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,214
I get the impression Beatrice is more mindful of recent events involving Andrew than maybe others in the family are. I'm not going to presume she choose the venue solely because of recent scandals but I do think it was part of the thinking. As such I can see her sticking to the one reception at BP and then it later being revealed they are having/had a party overseas our in the countryside somewhere a little while later. Just IMO.
  #930  
Old 02-10-2020, 03:22 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 10,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Chapel Royal at St James’ will make a lovely venue. Intimate and full of royal history. St George’s Chapel feels (to mee) more like a church for funerals than for weddings. Yes i liked Harry’s and Eugenie’s weddings but still......

Guards Chapel would also have been a lovely venue but it would have come off wrong in the media for obvious reasons (Prince Andrew and his military connections) and i doubt Beatrice would have wanted that to distract her wedding day when it is fully possible to avoid like choosing a closed venue like St James’ (or Hampton Court)

I also wouldn’t be surprised if they will have a grand party somewhere before or after the wedding for their wider friend-circle that will not be invited to the wedding ceremony. Like at the very beautiful Villa Mapelli Mozzi for example. The ancestral home of the Mapelli Mozzi Family outside Milano.
I could not agree more with everything. Despite it's relatively small size, I am thrilled with the choice of St.James Palace for the wedding. It's ancient, stately and fairly oozing with Royal history. The ceremony itself can be witnessed by the most important people...the family of the bride and groom.

We won't see any TV starlets or Beckhams grinning for the cameras on the way in..

The expansive and beautiful gardens of Buckingham Palace is where a wider group of friends and family can nibble canapes and toast the bridal couple with HMQ's best champagne.

I hope we get a shot of Beatrice riding the short distance to the wedding, or the couple returning from St. James to Buckingham Palace.

In my wildest dreams Alex Mapelli-Mozzi will open the family's ancestral palace for an even bigger party in the coming weeks.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
  #931  
Old 02-10-2020, 04:50 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 5,835
For her wedding bouquet, Queen Victoria carried a small posy of snowdrops.Do you think Princess Beatrice might have snowdrops in her bridal bouquet?
  #932  
Old 02-10-2020, 05:45 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 705
We only get snowdrops in February. Queen Victoria may well have chosen them because there are very few other flowers around at this time of year - although I love them, and they'd look very pretty in a bridal bouquet. I suppose some clever gardeners could produce some in May, though!
  #933  
Old 02-10-2020, 07:46 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada, Canada
Posts: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I could not agree more with everything. Despite it's relatively small size, I am thrilled with the choice of St.James Palace for the wedding. It's ancient, stately and fairly oozing with Royal history. The ceremony itself can be witnessed by the most important people...the family of the bride and groom.
Yes - it seems fitting for Beatrice. Sarah would know the royal history of St. James' - she's a Queen Victoria enthusiast. Queen Victoria was married there, and Beatrice had a cameo in The Young Victoria. She also looks more like Victoria than any of the other modern royals. So overall, I think the history of the chapel makes it a nice/unique choice (considering most recent royal weddings except Zara's have been at St. George's Chapel).
  #934  
Old 02-10-2020, 10:41 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 10,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
For her wedding bouquet, Queen Victoria carried a small posy of snowdrops.Do you think Princess Beatrice might have snowdrops in her bridal bouquet?
Queen V had a winter wedding. Since Beatrice will marry in the late Springtime, i hope her bridal bouquet will reflect that season.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
  #935  
Old 02-12-2020, 10:21 AM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 10,129
https://people.com/royals/princess-b...drews-scandal/

Just as I suspected.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
  #936  
Old 02-13-2020, 02:35 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mokane, United States
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Not that it makes one single iota of difference but I'd be curious to know when the other two dates were and what the original plan involved. Again, it makes zero difference now and I'm just curious but I do wonder how drastic the changes have been.
  #937  
Old 02-13-2020, 04:10 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 5,835
Here are some possibilities for church flowers.
  #938  
Old 02-13-2020, 04:40 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 13,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Queen V had a winter wedding. Since Beatrice will marry in the late Springtime, i hope her bridal bouquet will reflect that season.
Spring is the season that comes alive and there are lots of beautiful flowers blooming - I too hope Beatrice chooses a seasonal bouquet. I've always wanted to have a spring wedding; just so I could decorate the venue with the seasonal flowers.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
  #939  
Old 02-13-2020, 04:52 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 705
It would be worth getting married in early April just to have a bouquet of lovely yellow daffodils :-). Lots of lovely flowers in late May too - I hope she chooses those, rather than just white and green.
  #940  
Old 02-13-2020, 05:16 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 10,129
Yahoo news site is reporting that Beatrice and Edoardo are enforcing a strict 'No wedding gifts" policy for their nuptials. They want donations to two special charities instead.

IF this story is true, they have moved to the very top of my Favorite British Royal Couple poll.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/stri...125500139.html

ETA: Alison, yellow daffodils for a late Spring wedding would be incredibly beautiful!
__________________

__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engagement of Princess Beatrice of York and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi: September 26, 2019 JessRulz The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family 153 09-29-2019 01:36 AM
Princess Beatrice: Relationships Musings and Suggestions Pranter The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family 520 09-26-2019 06:26 AM




Popular Tags
abu dhabi althorp american history anastasia once upon a time ancestry armstrong-jones british british royals chittagong countess of snowdon cover-up daisy duke of cambridge dutch dutch royals family life family tree games gustaf vi adolf haakon vii heraldry hill history house of glucksburg imperial household interesting israel jack brooksbank jacobite jewelry jumma kids movie king willem-alexander książ castle list of rulers mailing maxima nepal nepalese royal family norwegian royal family prince charles prince charles of luxembourg prince constantijn princess ariane princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn princess elizabeth princess ribha pronunciation queen consort queen maud queen maxima royal balls royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royal wedding russian court dress spain speech spencer family taiwan thailand thai royal family tracts unsubscribe videos wedding gown


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:05 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×