The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2020, 04:34 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
I disagree that royal weddings aren't popular.

Regarding Eugenie's wedding, her wedding was broadcast live in Great Britain, Australia, the U.S., and probably other places. IIRC it was also re-broadcast in the U.S. The British and Australian outlets that covered the wedding got much higher ratings than they usually got for the timeslot. A crowd showed up at the church and people lined the streets in the town of Windsor along the route of the carriage ride.
It was even broadcast live in Italy, just saying. And ITV had the highest audience for that time slot since the Cambridgeís wedding. For a privately-owned TV I find It hard to think ITV refused not because of Andrew.

Old 02-08-2020, 05:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

ITV were saying, until about a week before Eugenie's wedding that they weren't going to be providing live coverage. Channel 7, in Australia, were still advertising the 'exclusive only cameras inside the chapel' as late as the Friday before the wedding. By the Monday ITV decided to cover it. I wonder if a foreign network gets the rights to show the ceremony if suddenly a British network will come on board.

On Friday, Rob Jobson, said on Sunrise (Channel 7's morning TV show on which he regularly reports on royal matters) something like 'maybe there won't be any TV coverage'. Listening to him I got the impression that it isn't set in stone that there won't be - but then he probably remembers the 'definitely no live coverage in the UK' that was put about until a week before Eugenie's wedding and then there was.

Old 02-08-2020, 05:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

I still say that if a certain prodigal Royal couple announces that they will be attending, the networks will be stumbling over their own feet to cover it.

And despite my desire to see the wedding, I really hope Beatrice and Edo will tell them all to drop dead.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 02-08-2020, 06:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I still say that if a certain prodigal Royal couple announces that they will be attending, the networks will be stumbling over their own feet to cover it.

And despite my desire to see the wedding, I really hope Beatrice and Edo will tell them all to drop dead.
Who are Beatrice and Edo supposed to be so rude to?
Old 02-08-2020, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Who are Beatrice and Edo supposed to be so rude to?
I think she means the networks.

With Eugenie's wedding I remember there being chatter of it potentially being aired. I just remember the BBC saying they wouldn't cover it but ITV stayed kind of coy about it. I was glad they did.
Old 02-08-2020, 06:09 PM
Courtier

Daytime TV is not very interesting - usually talk shows discussing fairly mundane things. I'm sure they'd get much higher ratings for Beatrice's wedding than they would usually - a lot of people sneakily watched Eugenie's wedding at work ;-) . A lot of us like seeing pictures of well-known people - who's there, who's wearing what, etc. Magazines like Hello and OK would be out of business otherwise! It's not going to bring the country to the halt like William and Kate's wedding or Harry and Meghan's wedding did, but I think it'd attract plenty of interest.

They may not want it broadcast. But I'm definitely optimistic that we'll get plenty of video on the news, rather than just a few official pics :-) .
Old 02-08-2020, 06:36 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Sorry but the very idea of Sarah walking Beatrice down the aisle, bugging her eyes and pulling faces like she did at her own wedding is simply too TOO much.
You have a point!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-08-2020, 06:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
Daytime TV is not very interesting - usually talk shows discussing fairly mundane things. I'm sure they'd get much higher ratings for Beatrice's wedding than they would usually - a lot of people sneakily watched Eugenie's wedding at work ;-) . A lot of us like seeing pictures of well-known people - who's there, who's wearing what, etc. Magazines like Hello and OK would be out of business otherwise! It's not going to bring the country to the halt like William and Kate's wedding or Harry and Meghan's wedding did, but I think it'd attract plenty of interest.

They may not want it broadcast. But I'm definitely optimistic that we'll get plenty of video on the news, rather than just a few official pics :-) .
A lot of us wouldn't want to see Andrew..
Old 02-08-2020, 06:53 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
A lot of us wouldn't want to see Andrew..

Donít watch then?
Old 02-08-2020, 06:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm thinking that perhaps Beatrice and Edo have chosen a smaller, private wedding ceremony without public involvement and being broadcast on TV for a twofold reason. One is to protect Edo's son, Wolfie, from the public glare and the other is to allow Beatrice's dad to do the full honors as father of the bride without the public gawking and gaping and pointing fingers at Andrew.

I would think the well being of Beatrice and Edo's close family would be far more the important issue than a gazillion people watching a wedding online or on the TV and the press very much on alert to make negative comments about their wedding day.

When it comes to weddings, the three most important people will be there. The bride, the groom and the cleric. The rest will be who the couple decide they want to share it most with.

If this is the case, I'm behind them 100% even though I'd love to watch another royal wedding.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Donít watch then?
No I wont be. I didn't watch Eugenie's nor Harry's either.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I think she means the networks.

With Eugenie's wedding I remember there being chatter of it potentially being aired. I just remember the BBC saying they wouldn't cover it but ITV stayed kind of coy about it. I was glad they did.

That is exactly who I meant, thank you. The sycophantic networks.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 02-08-2020, 07:49 PM
Majesty

What is the exact hour of Princess Beatrice's wedding?
Old 02-08-2020, 07:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't believe it's been announced. But aren't most BRF weddings late morning events?

Especially since there will be a garden party reception at Buckingham Palace, which I assume will take place in the afternoon.

Old 02-08-2020, 08:13 PM
Courtier

I would be happy to see Andrew fully participate in the wedding and enjoy every minute of it. The private nature of St. James's is perfect for this family at this time. At the very least, Beatrice can enjoy herself with her closest family members and friends in a very special historical royal setting.

I like the idea of a marquee on the BP lawn, too. They'd better watch out for drones!

Whatever Andrew's shortcomings or bad judgment or possibly worse, he is not a fugitive or criminal and if Beatrice wants him to be there. and … I don't know, dance the Funky Chicken coming down the aisle, I think he gets to do it.

Sarah walking Bea down the aisle is an odd idea, and considering how many times she has blotted her copybook, it might as well be Andrew.
Old 02-09-2020, 07:58 AM
Courtier

I feel very sorry for Beatrice. It's hard to know what to believe, but it does seem that she's been under pressure to have a small do because of the controversy over Prince Andrew. There are reports that she did consider marrying abroad, but had to scrap that as the Queen and Prince Philip weren't able to travel. There are also reports of a row over whether or not to invite Harry and Meghan, because of concerns that press attention over their presence could overshadow the bride and groom's big day. None of this is Beatrice and Edo's fault, and it's very sad if it's spoiling their wedding.
Old 02-09-2020, 08:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
There are also reports of a row over whether or not to invite Harry and Meghan, because of concerns that press attention over their presence could overshadow the bride and groom's big day.
Why not to invite Harry and Meghan?
Harry is her first cousin and they are close.
Old 02-09-2020, 08:21 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Why not to invite Harry and Meghan?
Harry is her first cousin and they are close.
Because it might overshadow their big day. Its beatrices' and Edo's special day.. already there is the Andrew problem.. and if H and Meg were there, the press would likely be milling around tyring to see what they were looking like...
Old 02-09-2020, 08:26 AM
Majesty

But they are still a family.
Old 02-09-2020, 08:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Press were at fever pitch for the same reason when Pippa Middleton married. They were wondering if Harry would bring then-girlfriend Meghan Markle to the ceremony.

It was a small sideshow to what was otherwise a very lovely wedding with little focus taken off the bride and groom.

I realize that there have been literally seismic changes in Harry and Meghan's circumstances since then, but he is the bride's 1st cousin and her childhood friend. If she wants he and his wife there, she should invite them.

But I have suspected ever since "Megxit" that Meghan will not return for Beatrice's wedding even if Harry does.

Closed Thread