Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or five or none. Not sure what limiting amount of photos or hiding witnesses would do??? If they basically have a quick justice of the peace wedding and a proper wedding later, they may wait for photos for proper wedding.

I don't know what the business is about photos. If they have a small wedding.. if they don put things off, they will probably have pics of the 5 of them. I think they public will expect at least a cople of pictures.

Most people are postponing weddings, rather than holding them without loved ones present. A few months isn't going to make that much difference.

Unless there's a dire need to be married pronto, I think most people are going to postpone their weddings until they can have the gatherings they want and this includes Bea and Edo.

As I've stated before, with living together, they already pretty much have the marriage down pat and the wedding ceremony and the reception(s) are mostly the celebration with family and friends of their union. ?

On the other hand, some places would not allow a live in boyfriend or girlfriend to make medical decisions about their partner, whereas a spouse can. One reason some may marry now.

Most people are postponing weddings, rather than holding them without loved ones present. A few months isn't going to make that much difference.

I don't think a fancy wedding can take place at any time this year,
shortly after some millions have died and still dying over the world
plus the enormous changes this will bring to our societies
and yes if course those who lost not only their folks....but their jobs, houses...
too cannot be ignored. and by the way we do not knwo what else happens inside the RF, old or young people are dying and though they will of course be guaranteed much better medical treatment than any other citizen some might die
and I cannot oredict how the public will react to this last fact, while thousand will miss medical treatment because of lack of machines, nurses....
the Royals have first class service but I hope and am sure as long as HMQ is still alive things will be kept very humble!

If they decide to postpone the wedding, there definitely will be an official announcement from the Buckingham Palace.

On the other hand, some places would not allow a live in boyfriend or girlfriend to make medical decisions about their partner, whereas a spouse can. One reason some may marry now.

Now this is something I didn't think about and it makes perfect sense. ?

I don't know what the business is about photos. If they have a small wedding.. if they don put things off, they will probably have pics of the 5 of them. I think they public will expect at least a cople of pictures.

More than one photo sounds like a good idea. The minister would not have to be in each picture. There could be a few pictures of just the two witnesses.

If they are insistent on marrying now they could simply say 'we with our moms (or insert witnesses here) met with the vicar for a small ceremony. We will have a full wedding, ceremony and reception, in months to come.

Could even do a civil ceremony quickly, if they need the titles husband/wife right now, and then just have a religious later.

The Church of England apparently does not recognize more than one wedding for a given marriage. Its guidance for couples who marry under the current circumstances (i.e., without guests) addresses the possibility of a future blessing with guests present, not a second marriage ceremony. Likewise, the Church of England provides a ceremony for couples who are already married civilly to have their marriage blessed (it was used by the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall in 2005), but not a wedding ceremony.

In short, a second ceremony at a later date would be possible, but it would be a service of blessing, not a full marriage ceremony.

Marriage | The Church of England

This is really cool for me, When Prince Harry was married, it was my husband's birthday. When Eugenie was married, it was my birthday. Now Beatrice is getting married on my wedding anniversary.

There are many sayings. One I use a lot is “don’t put off until tomorrow what you can do today”.

These are strange times. IMO Eduardo and Beatrice should have an intimate wedding now. If the family and friends want to view through video let them. The couple can always have another blessing to be more like a wedding with a reception when it is safe.

An older friend looked at our small group las week and said “This reminds me of WWII, rationing, power buying, shortages of food, medicines in some areas, money in some areas and thankfully no gasoline shortages, but staying inside, and looking at everyone as if they could be the enemy. But this enemy is a virus, their are no planes and no bombs but many injuries and deaths. I never thought in my lifetime I would see this again”. We all sat dead silent.

So IMO...go for it lovely couple, you don’t know what the next day brings. The heck with the public, think this time of yourselves.

All weddings have been banned, so the question's sadly now irrelevant.

I agree things are not going to be back to normal in a few montsh. Probalby talking at least 6 months.

If things are cleared by then I can see Beatrice and Edoardo having their wedding in autumn instead, or if not by the same date in 2021, if they really wanted a spring wedding.

All weddings have been banned, so the question's sadly now irrelevant.

Is it still possible to have the ceremony with the minister, the bride, the groom, and the two witnesses?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it still possible to have the ceremony with the minister, the bride, the groom, and the two witnesses?

No, weddings have been banned. All religious services except funerals have been banned.

Its sad for everyone in the country who wished to get married.

Beatrice and Edo are lucky in that they can afford financially to postpone the wedding and any plans that had been already paid for. Many couples would not be so lucky in the end.

In the end it works out better that they have to put it on hold. They deserve the wedding they want. Not some tiny ceremony with not even their family.

As I predicted it: next year same place same time for Edo and Beatrice.
According to the expectations of experts around Boris Johnson, restrictions might take a year time.
Experts in the Netherlands expect the restrictions to take many more months time.

The Aussie PM has been saying six months for the restrictions we have - i.e. until my birthday in September but we are southern hemisphere and so are currently in autumn and approaching winter, when we will also have to deal with the annual flu outbreaks down here (and that often takes up the majority of our ICU beds in winter).

I would love her to put it back a few days i.e. to the Monday rather than on the Friday - as I will be in London on the Monday but in the air on the Friday ... with the changes to my travel plans forced on me as a result of this virus.

I think they should proceed with a very small ceremony, and perhaps, have a celebration later when normalcy has returned.

Yes. Married Life is what is important, the marriage celebration important, but less so.

Yes. Married Life is what is important, the marriage celebration important, but less so.

They already live the married life. A piece of paper won’t change much.

It’s a moot point anyways. They can’t get married at all even with just a minister.

I find it ridiculous that people are it’s so horrid that she loses her wedding and has to wait. But thinking sneaking a priest in for a clandestine wedding alone is the best option for her. Yes she deserves a great wedding(......) At the very least they deserve their immediate family.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of couples have had to postpone their weddings. It's disappointing for everyone, but it's just the way it is. I wish them all lovely ceremonies and every happiness when this is over.

A lot of couples have had to postpone their weddings. It's disappointing for everyone, but it's just the way it is. I wish them all lovely ceremonies and every happiness when this is over.

I am sorry to say that, but she will have to wait a whole year!!
As I said: Next year, same place.

I am sorry to say that, but she will have to wait a whole year!!
As I said: Next year, same place.

Why wait? The Prince of Wales and the Princess Royal both married in extremely intimate settings (Windsor Guildhall respectively Crathie Kirk) with their present life-partners. These marriage are as valid as their big bombastic (and failed) first ones.

Last edited:
Why wait? The Prince of Wales and the Princess Royal both married in extremely intimate settings (Windsor Guildhall respectively Crathie Kirk) with their present life-partners. These marriage are as valid as their big bombastic (and failed) first ones.
Beatrice and Edo will have to wait because the government have ordered that all weddings are cancelled until the quarantine measures set in place to fight the Corona virus are lifted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom