The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #801  
Old 02-07-2020, 05:23 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 13,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
I can agree that he should keep a low profile. And I can agree that it wouldn't be right to ban him from his daughter's wedding celebrations. However, I don't believe that it would be right to go as far as having Sarah walk her down the aisle. I suppose maybe I could get on board with that if this were a fully televised ceremony. However, given that it will be a private ceremony that is being held in a very small space which will inevitably keep the guest list down to close family and friends only, I really believe that they will and should allow Andrew to walk his daughter down the aisle.
Yes, hence why I said it's up to what Beatrice wants, because I know a lot of people would disagree with this due to wedding traditions.
__________________

__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
  #802  
Old 02-07-2020, 05:24 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
IIRC the Chapel Royal is where the Cambridge children were christened, and I think Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor's children were christened there too (yes, I know the families are at different ends of the BRF). It'll be nice to see a wedding there. I think some people suggested it for the Sussexes before it was announced that they were to marry at St. George's.

As for Andrew's presence, in familial terms it wouldn't be fair to "ban" him; but I do think for public terms he should keep a low profile and perhaps Sarah walk Beatrice down the aisle, but it's up to what Beatrice wants at the end of the day as it's her wedding.
Not Charlotte.
__________________

  #803  
Old 02-07-2020, 05:27 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 13,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Not Charlotte.
I knew but got distracted since I'm used to referring to the children as a trio together. But you're right, Charlotte was christened at St. Mary Magdelene's in Sandringham.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
  #804  
Old 02-07-2020, 05:31 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Not Charlotte.
Or Isabella Windsor. Lord Frederick and Lady Gabriella were christened there as was Frederick's elder daughter Maud. Isabella was christened at the private chapel at Kensington Palace.
  #805  
Old 02-07-2020, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,214
If it isn't going to be televised (which IMO might be quite hard if the chapel is quite small and is going to be quite full) then I don't see why Andrew shouldn't walk Beatrice down the aisle. I wonder if he will travel with her or arrive quietly and separately and meet her just inside so she can be pictured arriving without him being there and making it potentially awkward.
  #806  
Old 02-07-2020, 06:19 PM
Ista's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: the West, United States
Posts: 2,958
Of course Andrew should walk her down the aisle: he's her father, even if he is an arrogant person with appalling judgment. As a public figure, he's stepped back, but this a completely private and very personal ceremony, and it's absurd to think that the family is going to pretend he doesn't exist.
  #807  
Old 02-07-2020, 06:46 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I don't think Christopher Wolf will be inheriting the "nonexistent" comital Mapelli-Mozzi title. The "nonexistent" title would be assumed by Edo's firstborn son with with Princess Beatrice, to use or not to use whether it's recognized by the Republic of Italy or in Britain or not.
Don't all (legitimate) descendants inherit the title (like in many but not all continental European countries) or is it only the firstborn son that inherits a title? And would the others just be 'Nobiles'?
  #808  
Old 02-07-2020, 06:47 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
Of course Andrew should walk her down the aisle: he's her father, even if he is an arrogant person with appalling judgment. As a public figure, he's stepped back, but this a completely private and very personal ceremony, and it's absurd to think that the family is going to pretend he doesn't exist.
I fully agree. Andrew should be treated like any other father of the bride.

What they do in terms of media is a separate question but that should be secondary.
  #809  
Old 02-07-2020, 06:58 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 13,369
Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
Of course Andrew should walk her down the aisle: he's her father, even if he is an arrogant person with appalling judgment. As a public figure, he's stepped back, but this a completely private and very personal ceremony, and it's absurd to think that the family is going to pretend he doesn't exist.

Ouch; I didnít realise my post would cause this much upset. Iím not saying that the family should act as if he shouldnít exist. I even said it would be unfair to bar him from attending, but that he should keep a low profile. So Iím not being absurd. Yes, I acknowledge that the idea of Sarah walking Beatrice down the aisle is not a popular one but I also added that Beatrice can do what she likes, obviously, as itís her big day. I think people are taking what I wrote a little out of context.

I will add, though, that tommy100 made a good point that went over my head - as the wedding is probably not being televised, then it doesnít matter whether Andrew has a high presence or not. I admit I forgot the wedding wasnít being televised (or is most likely not going to be) in the midst of posting! I have a bad cold at the moment and had a headache at the time when I was posting and reading the articles about the location, so itís easy for information to be overlooked.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
  #810  
Old 02-07-2020, 07:22 PM
Ista's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: the West, United States
Posts: 2,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Ouch; I didnít realise my post would cause this much upset. Iím not saying that the family should act as if he shouldnít exist. I even said it would be unfair to bar him from attending, but that he should keep a low profile. So Iím not being absurd. Yes, I acknowledge that the idea of Sarah walking Beatrice down the aisle is not a popular one but I also added that Beatrice can do what she likes, obviously, as itís her big day. I think people are taking what I wrote a little out of context.

I will add, though, that tommy100 made a good point that went over my head - as the wedding is probably not being televised, then it doesnít matter whether Andrew has a high presence or not. I admit I forgot the wedding wasnít being televised (or is most likely not going to be) in the midst of posting!
My post really wasn't directed at you, Hereditary Princess, and I apologize if it seemed that way. My comments were more in reaction to this narrative that seems to be gaining traction that Andrew should be shunned by everyone, and that he should never see the light of day again. While I personally think he is a complete waste of space, he's highly unlikely to completely disappear, especially from something like his eldest daughter's wedding.

I think this very small and private wedding, with a reception inside the grounds of Buckingham Palace, seems to hit a nice middle ground.
  #811  
Old 02-07-2020, 07:35 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 13,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
My post really wasn't directed at you, Hereditary Princess, and I apologize if it seemed that way. My comments were more in reaction to this narrative that seems to be gaining traction that Andrew should be shunned by everyone, and that he should never see the light of day again. While I personally think he is a complete waste of space, he's highly unlikely to completely disappear, especially from something like his eldest daughter's wedding.



I think this very small and private wedding, with a reception inside the grounds of Buckingham Palace, seems to hit a nice middle ground.

Apology accepted - and now itís my turn to apologise for misreading you - you know what we Brits are like with our apologies!
I just presumed you were referring to my post since it was how the discussion was flowing - but for what itís worth I agree - Andrew isnít going to disappear from family events and rightly so, whilst I certainly donít have a favourable opinion of him and never have done, he still should be active within private family events.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
  #812  
Old 02-07-2020, 07:43 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mokane, United States
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Yes, hence why I said it's up to what Beatrice wants, because I know a lot of people would disagree with this due to wedding traditions.
I certainly agree that she should be able to do whatever she wants but given that she's already having a very small, very private ceremony that will not be televised and she will be closely surrounded only by her nearest and dearest, I think it's a bit much to suggest that he not play the traditional father of the bride role. We don't know why Bea's wedding is so small and private...it could be that that's exactly what she wanted, it could be that that's what she was told she could have, or it could be some combination of the two which is what I suspect is most likely. However, given that the girls have always been close with their father, I suspect it's highly unlikely that she wouldn't want Andrew to walk her down the aisle.
  #813  
Old 02-07-2020, 08:23 PM
Leopoldine's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
If it isn't going to be televised (which IMO might be quite hard if the chapel is quite small and is going to be quite full) then I don't see why Andrew shouldn't walk Beatrice down the aisle. I wonder if he will travel with her or arrive quietly and separately and meet her just inside so she can be pictured arriving without him being there and making it potentially awkward.
Arrivals at the Chapel Royal will be private as well, as the entrance is off Colour Court. In fact, Bea and her father might very well just walk over from her flat within the palace campus.
  #814  
Old 02-07-2020, 08:34 PM
Queen Claude's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: USA, United States
Posts: 1,114
Princess Beatrice's London residence is at St. Jamesís Palace so she can get ready in her own apartment. I assume that she can get from her apartment to the chapel without using the unimpressive walkway we saw at Louis' christening, but that walkway will be perfectly fine for having a small press pool to photograph arrivals.
  #815  
Old 02-07-2020, 09:05 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,410
I think Beatrice will spend the night before the wedding and leave from BP. As both Bea and Edo are living at St. James, its the perfect place for the groom and his son to get ready for the wedding and arrive unseen at the Chapel.

I think too the perhaps we'll see a convoy of cars carrying the royal family to the Chapel and the bride and her father arriving last. Perhaps even see them returning to BP for the reception afterwards.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #816  
Old 02-07-2020, 09:45 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 10,129
Even if the wedding was being fully televised, Andrew should have the right to escort his eldest daughter to the altar if that is what she wants. If anyone was offended at seeing that, they could always simply switch channels or turn off the TV.

Sorry but the very idea of Sarah walking Beatrice down the aisle, bugging her eyes and pulling faces like she did at her own wedding is simply too TOO much.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
  #817  
Old 02-08-2020, 02:16 AM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MalmŲ, Sweden
Posts: 3,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Don't all (legitimate) descendants inherit the title (like in many but not all continental European countries) or is it only the firstborn son that inherits a title? And would the others just be 'Nobiles'?
Different rules for different families depending on which Italian monarchy their title originates from, traditions and terms of ennoblement. To my knowledge the Mapelli Mozzis, whose 1913 title are one from the Kingdom of Italy, have the conditions set down as all males of the family being counts while the female members (except those who marry in and are countesses) are nobiles.
  #818  
Old 02-08-2020, 02:58 AM
Helen.CH's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Chambery, France
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Even if the wedding was being fully televised, Andrew should have the right to escort his eldest daughter to the altar if that is what she wants. If anyone was offended at seeing that, they could always simply switch channels or turn off the TV.

Sorry but the very idea of Sarah walking Beatrice down the aisle, bugging her eyes and pulling faces like she did at her own wedding is simply too TOO much.
Thank you! :) I guess some would get close to a heart attack if Sarah had an important role at the wedding, again at Eugenie's wedding she proofed her bad behaviour. And as Eugenie managed, I hope Beatrice does aswell get a nice dress
and most probably do not rely on Sarah's advice which is said to have caused some trouble in the past.
  #819  
Old 02-08-2020, 03:37 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGio View Post
[As I said before, titles in Italy still exist but are not recognized on official documents. However the site of the president of the republic sometimes refers to Italian noble people with their titles, by courtesy. Titles are not abolished, just not recognized by republican institutions. So they follow the rules in force until 1946.]

I donít wanna think itís all because of Andrew. I think the security bill for a different wedding would have been too high even for Prince Andrew. Or at least much under scrutiny. But itís sad royals are required to pay for security too. When Princess Alexandra of Kent married in full pomp at the Abbey, I donít think they complained that much. Old times haha
Its not sad at all, The public don't want to pay for security. Andrew is very deeply unpopular and especially now the public do not want a fancy wedding, with him showing up, and to have to pay a large security bill for it. Alexandra was a working princess and it was a different time, so the public were more inclined to be pleased to see a royal wedding and were willing to taek on the costs. There have been several royals weddings in the past year, and the public is no longer all that interested in them and does not want the cost. And they esp don't want to pay for Andrew's daughters costs.
  #820  
Old 02-08-2020, 04:37 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Treviso, Italy
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Its not sad at all, The public don't want to pay for security. Andrew is very deeply unpopular and especially now the public do not want a fancy wedding, with him showing up, and to have to pay a large security bill for it. Alexandra was a working princess and it was a different time, so the public were more inclined to be pleased to see a royal wedding and were willing to taek on the costs. There have been several royals weddings in the past year, and the public is no longer all that interested in them and does not want the cost. And they esp don't want to pay for Andrew's daughters costs.
The public basically wants the monarchy, but donít want to pay for it, despite the enormous economical return the RF bring from tourism etc. All I want to say is that Beatrice is now paying for the extravagance of many previous royal weddings that bothered so many subjects, at least economically.
With this in mind, royal weddings in the future generations will become only for heirs, and all others may be required to pay for their security bills, as if they concretely could.
Moreover, Beatrice and Eugenie never received public money, but still get to do some charity work just like ďworking royalsĒ (just more quietly, without announcements and spotlight). Paying a tiny amount for the security of the RF at a RF wedding, idk I wouldnít be bothered by it. However, this is just my opinion.

I hope Beatrice and Andrew will travel from BP in a escorted Rolls. Then B and Edo travel back to BP In a open horse-drawn carriage. It would be quite a statement of support from The Queen.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engagement of Princess Beatrice of York and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi: September 26, 2019 JessRulz The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family 153 09-29-2019 01:36 AM
Princess Beatrice: Relationships Musings and Suggestions Pranter The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family 520 09-26-2019 06:26 AM




Popular Tags
abu dhabi althorp american history anastasia once upon a time ancestry armstrong-jones british british royals chittagong countess of snowdon cover-up daisy duke of cambridge dutch dutch royals family life family tree games gustaf vi adolf haakon vii heraldry hill history house of glucksburg imperial household interesting israel jack brooksbank jacobite jewelry jumma kids movie king willem-alexander książ castle list of rulers mailing maxima nepal nepalese royal family norwegian royal family prince charles prince charles of luxembourg prince constantijn princess ariane princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn princess elizabeth princess ribha pronunciation queen consort queen maud queen maxima royal balls royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royal wedding russian court dress spain speech spencer family taiwan thailand thai royal family tracts unsubscribe videos wedding gown


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:22 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×