Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with everyone. I think both Beatrice and Edo are socially conscious. I can't see them celebrating when the rest of world is going through such turmoil with Corona even if their immediate family is not at risk.

I hope they will postpone it and do it later. They can enjoy the build up to it as any other weddings

There is always the Royal Chapel of All Saints across the road from Royal Lodge. Have a small wedding there and then something bigger later.

Exactly! Would be better than hanging on four months on end.

People are dying, the expected level of deaths for plus65 is 50% ,
no one should seriously think about family meetings or whatever, people just need to accept the facts.
Does the UK not have restrictions for gatherings with more than 50 people?
Anyone who thinks Covid will end in a couple of weeks is wrong and believe me I am optimistic personality...
Not sure where the 50% number comes from, everything I’ve read puts the number for over age 60 at around 3% & up to 14% for over age 80 - still very bad numbers. https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopki.../540747/all/Coronavirus_COVID_19__SARS_CoV_2_
W/ the news that the U.K.’s approach is to isolate those over 70 for 4 months, I’m not sure how the Queen, Prince Phillip, Charles, & Camilla could attend.
I do feel for Beatrice on this one.

Last edited:
Or they could forgo a big wedding and get married privately with a few close family in attendance. they can have a party later.

Isn't that what I suggested above??! They can still have a private ceremony in the intimate and VERY private Chapel Royal..which holds 150. In other words just enough space for both their families. The garden party at Buckingham Palace can and should be postponed.

I just think the idea of canceling the nuptials indefinitely is unfair and too draconian.

answer to sndral's post above:

It is from a document the German Government published in 2013, predicting exatcly what is happening now, a Covid starting in China in February spreading all over the world.
I am really optimistic though at risk with being seriously ill myself but this docuemnt made me shiver. Of course this is the numbers for Germany, can be different in the UK when the average age is lower than the Germans'. And it is a realistic scenario expecting covid to exist for about 3 years in waves coming again and again...().

But this is offtopic here, only wanted to answer you.

I wonder what B&E will do. We never had such a tragedy in modern times and they are loosing so much time if they'd wait. And I hope they want to have more children, which is a risk too as long as covid lasts.

Last edited:
They can't ask 150 people - everyone is being asked to avoid crowds. Religious services have been stopped in a lot of countries, and it can't be long before the same happens here. Things in China are now returning to normal, and they will do here by the end of the year, if not sooner, but almost certainly not by the end of May.

A lot of people have already postponed weddings until later in the year - it's the only sensible option at the moment. It won't hurt anyone to wait a few months to get married. There are bigger issues to deal with just now - 55 people have died in the UK alone, and many more in other countries.

Or they could forgo a big wedding and get married privately with a few close family in attendance. they can have a party later.

Given all of the current circumstances, she may like a small wedding out of the public eye. Less stress.

They will likely have to make decisions, for the sake of things like flowers, in the next few weeks one way or another.

One concern being over looked is closed borders. Even if the couple just did a small family wedding, can their family come? The Fergusons are outside the UK at least some of them. And Alex Mozzi and his current wife live in France. There is no assurance the travel bans and closed borders will change before May. Edo may have to consider the risk of his father not being at his wedding.

Beatrice may be willing to marry without the Fergusons, if they have a later reception. But would Edo risk being married without his dad? Edo doesn't have much immediate family. His mother/stepfather, father/stepmother, sister Natalia/brother in law, and Alby. And of course Wolfie. Harry and Meghan would no longer be a question if they would be there, but not likely a huge concern though Beatrice may like her cousin there.

As for 150, if they reduced it just to their family (closer family) it wouldn't even be half that. IF the borders were open for Alex to make it: The immediate families aka parents/partners and siblings/partners 11, The queen's immediate family (I am not counting Harry and Meghan, or Philip as due to his health it would be too much a risk)15, Earl of Snowden (her godfather) 1 is 27 people. Maybe her other godparents. But really they could get away easily with 40-50. Certainly not the 150 for family alone prediction.

Now would having a gathering of that many be a good example to the public.

Things going against this wedding IMO:

-Philip is not likely going to be able to attend due to concerns for his health
-if borders remain closed or concern, people like Alex Mozzi wont make it
- public message if they have an event of such size (even 40-50)

I know several people who've already postponed weddings and other celebrations. Relatives and friends from abroad won't be able to get here, elderly people and those with health conditions probably won't be able to attend, and, unless you're desperate to get married for some reason or another, it isn't going to hurt people to wait - most couples are already living together, and would rather wait to have the celebration they'd planned. But I'm very sorry for everyone in this horrible situation.

I know several people who've already postponed weddings and other celebrations. Relatives and friends from abroad won't be able to get here, elderly people and those with health conditions probably won't be able to attend, and, unless you're desperate to get married for some reason or another, it isn't going to hurt people to wait - most couples are already living together, and would rather wait to have the celebration they'd planned. But I'm very sorry for everyone in this horrible situation.

True but there has been some problems with this wedding anyway.. so why not have a very quiet ceremony.. the queen could come if there were only a few people.. just one's very closest loved ones.. and have the marriage and do a big celebration in a few months time.

Buckingham Palace garden parties are all off now, and so's the Chelsea Flower Show which wasn't going to be until late May.

True but there has been some problems with this wedding anyway.. so why not have a very quiet ceremony.. the queen could come if there were only a few people.. just one's very closest loved ones.. and have the marriage and do a big celebration in a few months time.

I think they should proceed with a very small ceremony, and perhaps, have a celebration later when normalcy has returned.

I guess it really depends on how strongly the couple feel about what they want and how important the details of the wedding are to them. I suppose family is also weighing in with opinions.

If I were Beatrice, after all the external issues that have affected the wedding, I think I’d get my sister and parents and just go get married. Maybe have a splashy blessing and the reception later.

Yes but it’s not just the bride. Alex Mozzi lives in France. It’s debatable he could make it over from France. Surely the dad of the groom gets some consideration.

I guess it really depends on how strongly the couple feel about what they want and how important the details of the wedding are to them. I suppose family is also weighing in with opinions.

If I were Beatrice, after all the external issues that have affected the wedding, I think I’d get my sister and parents and just go get married. Maybe have a splashy blessing and the reception later.

I agree. In this virus climate, who really wants to attend a huge closed in gathering especially where quite a few might be older. I mean, lets be honest they are living together already and unlike the times of my youth, marriage is just a piece of paper today. Yes it is a sound legal and religious proper duty but to wait for the big event would seem smarter. Either that or a small private event between parents, siblings and grandparents announced after the event. If they want a huge show, might have to be a few years later and their child/children might even attend. I personally feel that would be a smashing way to celebrate and extremely considerate to others. Do feel sorry for Bea in a way as that young woman can't catch a break in her private life. Seems a nice and charming female, from what I have been told by people that have met and talked to her at charity events. Hope they find happiness. JMO

Reports are coming through that the wedding is being postponed.

While Princess Beatrice and Mr Mapelli Mozzi are "very much looking forward to getting married" they understand about the important of not undertaking any "uneccesary risks," a Buckingham Palace spokesman said.

"In line with government advice for the UK and beyond, the couple are reviewing their arrangements for 29th May," they added.

"They are particularly conscious of government advice in relation to both the wellbeing of older family members and large gatherings of people. Therefore, the planned reception in the Buckingham Palace Gardens will not take place.

"The couple will carefully consider government advice before deciding whether a private marriage might take place amongst a small group of family and friends."

I'm very sorry for them, especially as they've already had to postpone, but a lot of other people are in the same boat. Wishing them all the best.

With all the mess they suffered from the beginning of their engagement I really hope for them they will then have definitely a fairytail wedding and the best marriage ever.

I feel sorry for them. I do hope they are able to have a lovely wedding....whenever it is

While Princess Beatrice and Mr Mapelli Mozzi are "very much looking forward to getting married" they understand about the important of not undertaking any "uneccesary risks," a Buckingham Palace spokesman said.

"In line with government advice for the UK and beyond, the couple are reviewing their arrangements for 29th May," they added.

"They are particularly conscious of government advice in relation to both the wellbeing of older family members and large gatherings of people. Therefore, the planned reception in the Buckingham Palace Gardens will not take place.

"The couple will carefully consider government advice before deciding whether a private marriage might take place amongst a small group of family and friends."

I'm very sorry for them, especially as they've already had to postpone, but a lot of other people are in the same boat. Wishing them all the best.

It is reassuring to see that Princess Beatrice understands her responsibility as a princess of the Royal House and is willing to make a significant personal sacrifice to set an example and protect the public and her own relatives and guests.

It is reassuring to see that Princess Beatrice understands her responsibility as a princess of the Royal House and is willing to make a significant personal sacrifice to set an example and protect the public and her own relatives and guests.

I agree completely but I'm still so sad for her. She just can't seem to catch a break and her wedding plans appear to be yet another casualty of circumstances beyond her control. If anyone deserves to have an absolutely lovely wedding that is exactly what she wants, it's her.

I agree completely but I'm still so sad for her. She just can't seem to catch a break and her wedding plans appear to be yet another casualty of circumstances beyond her control. If anyone deserves to have an absolutely lovely wedding that is exactly what she wants, it's her.

It definitely is sad for Bea and Edo.

I don't think she's thinking of her responsibilities as 'a princess' but more as a sensible human being.

Last edited by a moderator:
And as a responsible British citizen.

I really feel for Princess Beatrice. She’s had to postpone for reasons beyond her control. I really hope when she marries, it’s the wedding she wants, not dictated by circumstances she can’t control.

I really feel for Princess Beatrice. She’s had to postpone for reasons beyond her control. I really hope when she marries, it’s the wedding she wants, not dictated by circumstances she can’t control.

Unless she waits a long time I doubt if she will be able to have a big wedding. Even a medium sized one.

Interesting; it seems that to the couple, being married is a higher priority than the ability to hold a grand ceremony or any celebrations.

Interesting; it seems that to the couple, being married is a higher priority than the ability to hold a grand ceremony or any celebrations.

I feel that would be the sensible thing to do. It might mean that the queen isn't abele to attend... I don't think Philip will. but it would mean they are married and they can always hold a big party later on... I hope that they DO feel that getting married is more important than the wedding celebrations.

Well...quite. a family member was due to get married in a massive ceremony a week earlier. It's now been cancelled even though i did think a small ceremony would be the way to go but they obviously want the whole big thing. It depends what people want. And a beautiful obviously just wants to be married and to shoot with the rest.

I agree; and I could see the wish to have children probably within the not to distant future factor into that decision (especially if they'd like not too big of a gap between any child of the two of them and Wolfie).

I agree. And if she agrees to yet another delay, i hope she will decide to have the bigger wedding she had originally planned.

Really starting to feel sad and frustrated for Beatrice.:ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom