Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Austria's banned gatherings of more than 5 people, and I think Italy may even have suspended weddings, so who knows how much longer weddings will be taking place anywhere? Sorry to sound like a doom monger, but everything's up in the air (apart from planes!) at the moment. Hopefully everything will be much better by May, but, at the moment, we just don't know.

In your (or other British members') opinion, given the same circumstances, would there be the public appetite for a televised royal wedding if all of the featured royals were popular with the public?

No I don't think there would. Many people will be having a hard time & any televised coverage of the BRF would be better focused on how they're helping.

Was a it the Duke of Gloucester or Kent that was married in the BP Chapel Royal due to a death in the bride's family

The Duke of Gloucester, but his father not the current Duke. Prince Henry and Alice were engaged in August and a huge wedding planned for Westminster for November. But October 19, less then a month before their wedding, her father the Duke of Buccleuch died of cancer. The wedding went on, but with a smaller private affair. Alice was given away by her brother Walter.

Beatrice and Edo have reportedly changed the date for their nuptials THREE times since their engagement was announced in September, because of her father's shenanigans.

Now she has finally announced a date and once more, forces outside her control are threatening her plans?

In her place, I would proceed with the intimate family ceremony at St James followed by a family dinner afterward. The huge Buckingham Palace reception can be postponed if necessary.

There is simply no way this poor girl should cancel or postpone her entire wedding...AGAIN.

Enough is enough.

The fact they changed the wedding date is only tabloid rumors. We have no confirmation that it has been changed even once not alone three times.

Even if she had, its even more reason for her to possibly to postpone now. If anyone deserves for her wedding to be perfect it's Beatrice after all this. She should have the wedding she wants with the people she wants there.

But I still think that a larger reception had been planned later. Even if it hadn't been, it may be the best thing now. In the summer some where on the continent or such with all their friends.

I disagree. We'll have people struggling to pay bills because they've lost work, some businesses will be in trouble eg cafes, pubs & those in the holiday trades. People will have cancelled holidays, parties & social events. Many weddings will be significantly affected if not postponed. The end of May is likely to be within the peak of cases & deaths. There will be no appetite whatsoever for a televised royal wedding featuring a grinning Prince Andrew & Sarah Ferguson.

We see enough of him as things are. If Bea and Edo's wedding was to be "put on tv to entertain those of us who are struggling with big problems at present"... I don't think it would go down well. And if it also involved seeing Andy and Fergie.. even less so. People probably would rather watch a repeat of some old cop show...

Then why not just watch the old cop show and tune out the wedding?

FWIW I don't believe Beatrice's wedding will or should be televised. But people carrying on as if they will be handcuffed to their chairs and forced to watch is just crazy.

Last edited:
No I don't think there would. Many people will be having a hard time & any televised coverage of the BRF would be better focused on how they're helping.

Exactly. I think people are less interested in Royal weddngs anyway nowadays. They are more inclined to complain of the cost and inconvenience than to enjoy the spectacle.

Then why not just watch the old cop show and tune out the wedding?

FWIW I don't believe Beatrice's wedding will or should be televised. But people carrying on as if they will be handcuffed to their chairs and forced to watch is just crazy.

That's not the point. It is the message that it is sending to the public..

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly. I think people are less interested in Royal weddngs anyway nowadays. They are more inclined to complain of the cost and inconvenience than to enjoy the spectacle.

Complain or not, there has been no less interest in watching them. Both Harry and Eugenie's wedding had a lot of viewers.

The only major complaint has been about security. And there will not be the security bills to complain about like her sister or Harry.

Complain or not, there has been no less interest in watching them. Both Harry and Eugenie's wedding had a lot of viewers.

The only major complaint has been about security. And there will not be the security bills to complain about like her sister or Harry.

I doubt if they approached Willaims and Kate's viewers.. Harry did OK but he is the second son of the future King.. Even so, I dotn think the wedding went down that well, from what I can remember of a bit of chat about it that weekend. Now William the heir is married.. theres no one who is really popular and there wont be any R Wed's for some time. Not till the Wessex children get married.

The BRF and the Yorks have bent over backward to ensure that the cost and "inconvenience" to the taxpayer will be as minimal as it is possible to be. Beatrice of all HMQ's grandchildren is having the most low key wedding of all of them.

What more do people want? If she went to a Registry Office there would be hue and cry about how she has bumped some average couple of their rightful date!

There is always going to be whinging and griping from people who simply resent this young woman for what and who she represents. In her place, I would ignore them and live my life.:sad:

I doubt if they approached Willaims and Kate's viewers.. Harry did OK but he is the second son of the future King.. Even so, I dotn think the wedding went down that well, from what I can remember of a bit of chat about it that weekend. Now William the heir is married.. theres no one who is really popular and there wont be any R Wed's for some time. Not till the Wessex children get married.

People are still clinging to that are they :lol:

When Harry got engaged people were 'oh they don't need to film it no one will want to watch. He is not the heir. there is no interest. He is not the heir.'

People don't watch due to how close you are to the throne. A good majority of people who watch royal weddings now a days see royals like celebrities. They watch those who are exciting to watch. The playboy party prince marrying the bi-racial divorced American actress. No one cared if they were not next in line for the throne. Harry being Diana's son, as well as his own reputation and his wife, made them tune in.

People tuned in for Eugenie to see the royals attending. To see all the celebrity guests in attendance. And because her parents are scandal ridden.

Edward and Sophie were older, and boring. There was nothing exciting about the couple. The attention had long moved from Charles' siblings to his sons when Edward had married. And even then there was some interest in his wedding as there always will be.

Beatrice is the last royal wedding until George gets married, or a sibling if they get married first. Her father is scandal ridden. There is no reason to think she wont draw in some attention.

Even if the 'royal fans' who only care about the degree to the throne a person is don't tune in, there were are plenty who would for the spectacle.

The BRF and the Yorks have bent over backward to ensure that the cost and "inconvenience" to the taxpayer will be as minimal as it is possible to be. Beatrice of all HMQ's grandchildren is having the most low key wedding of all of them.

What more do people want? If she went to a Registry Office there would be hue and cry about how she has bumped some average couple of their rightful date!

There is always going to be whinging and griping from people who simply resent this young woman for what and who she represents. In her place, I would ignore them and live my life.:sad:

I doubt very much if Beatrice is sitting up nights and crying because she's not that popular and that her wedding is going to be low key....

People are still clinging to that are they :lol:

When Harry got engaged people were 'oh they don't need to film it no one will want to watch. He is not the heir. there is no interest. He is not the heir.'

People don't watch due to how close you are to the throne. A good majority of people who watch royal weddings now a days see royals like celebrities. They watch those who are exciting to watch. The playboy party prince marrying the bi-racial divorced American actress. No one cared if they were not next in line for the throne. Harry being Diana's son, as well as his own reputation and his wife, made them tune in.

People tuned in for Eugenie to see the royals attending. To see all the celebrity guests in attendance. And because her parents are scandal ridden.

Edward and Sophie were older, and boring. There was nothing exciting about the couple. The attention had long moved from Charles' siblings to his sons when Edward had married. And even then there was some interest in his wedding as there always will be.

Beatrice is the last royal wedding until George gets married, or a sibling if they get married first. Her father is scandal ridden. There is no reason to think she wont draw in some attention.

Even if the 'royal fans' who only care about the degree to the throne a person is don't tune in, there were are plenty who would for the spectacle.
Of course there are people who will watch. Just as there are people who came from abroad to go to WIndsor for H's weddng or Eugenie's. But overall I don't think that among ordinary Brits there was all that much interest..

It would be really weird if there was NO interest from some of the British public and non Brits... but it isn't that great. I watched for 10 mins (WIllaims wedding I think I lasted about 40 mins)… and gave up. Bea may draw some attention but I don't think it will look good....

Last edited by a moderator:
We just don't know where things will be at by then. If, hopefully, the worst is over and things are getting better, a Royal wedding may well cheer people up. If it's like it is now, with many lives being lost to this horrible virus every day, it would be very poor form to have a big celebration, or even a small one.

The Queen has opted out, and will no longer be participating in Princess Beatrice’s wedding ceremony.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/amp/629549-why-queen-elizabeth-will-skip-princess-beatrices-wedding

"According to an official palace statement from the royal family, it is a “sensible precaution and for practical reasons in the current circumstances, changes are being made to the Queen‘s diary commitments in the coming weeks.”

The statement further went on to say, “In consultation with the Medical Household and Government, Her Majesty’s forthcoming visits to Cheshire and Camden will be rescheduled."

“Audiences will continue as usual. Other events will be reviewed on an ongoing basis in line with the appropriate advice.”

I am unable to confirm this with other sites including the official Palace website. Perhaps only speculation at this time considering the Queen's diary has been changed.

Last edited:
The Queen has opted out, and will no longer be participating in Princess Beatrice’s wedding ceremony.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/amp/629549-why-queen-elizabeth-will-skip-princess-beatrices-wedding

"According to an official palace statement from the royal family, it is a “sensible precaution and for practical reasons in the current circumstances, changes are being made to the Queen‘s diary commitments in the coming weeks.”

The statement further went on to say, “In consultation with the Medical Household and Government, Her Majesty’s forthcoming visits to Cheshire and Camden will be rescheduled."

“Audiences will continue as usual. Other events will be reviewed on an ongoing basis in line with the appropriate advice.”

I am unable to confirm this with other sites including the official Palace website. Perhaps only speculation at this time considering the Queen's diary has been changed.

The article is BS. It uses The Royal Household’s latest statement about the cancellation of her two upcoming visits this week, and potential diary changes, to somehow insinuate she won’t be attending her granddaughters wedding.

Absolutely ridiculous.

https://www.ibtimes.com/queen-eliza...atrices-wedding-other-engagements-due-2940351

"Queen Elizabeth may reportedly skip the royal wedding of Princess Beatrice on May 29 despite previous confirmation that she will be there together with the other members of the British clan.

This week, England’s chief medical officer Chris Whitty released a statement regarding the deadly coronavirus outbreak and said that the pandemic will most likely reach its peak within the next 10 to 14 weeks. Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi’s royal wedding is slated to take place 11 weeks from now.

Shortly after Whitty’s statement, Buckingham Palace also gave the public update regarding Her Majesty.

“As a sensible precaution and for practical reasons in the current circumstances, changes are being made to the Queen’s diary commitments in the coming weeks. In consultation with the medical household and government, Her Majesty’s forthcoming visits to Cheshire and Camden will be rescheduled. Audiences will continue as usual,” the Palace said.

As of late, there is still no word as to whether or not Princess Beatrice’s wedding will push through. However, some events in the United Kingdom have already been canceled."

The article is BS. It uses The Royal Household’s latest statement about the cancellation of her two upcoming visits this week, and potential diary changes, to somehow insinuate she won’t be attending her granddaughters wedding.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Right, at this point speculation as you pointed out using the current cancellations. However, in regard to the impact of COVID-19 in 10 weeks from now, and current investigations by WHO and Dr. Fauci of the NIH, it's going to get much worse before it gets better, i.e. graphs of China, S. Korea and Italy. So, anything is possible, its just that the Queen is high high risk or higher if that's possible.

So not really total BS or absolute ridiculous. What's likely, changes in the wedding plans so the entire British Royal Family isn't exposed to SARS-COV-2, the novel coronavirus causing the current Pandemic known as COVID-19.

No-one knows what the situation will be at the end of May. I don't know why the papers are speculating about this. If things do get much worse, I can't see the wedding going ahead as planned - no-one will feel like celebrating anyway, and it wouldn't look very nice to have a royal wedding at a time of crisis. I feel so sorry for Beatrice and Edo, but many other couples are also being faced with having to postpone their weddings.

The only thing we know the queen's public events which cant be controlled the exposure to the virus have been cancelled.

Private family events are another matter. If the Virus is still as bad in May, the wedding may be postponed. If not it may just be a simple family ceremony, with a proper wedding later on with their friends and more. In that case it would be easy to control those who come, and make sure none are ill. And control the queen's possible exposure to any illness.

Making predictions based off her cancelling official events next week, is pure speculation at best.

We don't even know how many people Beatrice and Edo want at their wedding. As the chapel only holds 150 we know that is the maximum but they may only want immediate family - parents, grandparents, siblings and their partners which would bring the number down to around 20.

Of course they may want the 150 but that isn't a given.

We don't even know how many people Beatrice and Edo want at their wedding. As the chapel only holds 150 we know that is the maximum but they may only want immediate family - parents, grandparents, siblings and their partners which would bring the number down to around 20.

Of course they may want the 150 but that isn't a given.

Its highly unlikely they wouldn't at least have their close family there, which usually includes aunts/uncles and cousins. It may end up being what they can invite if the virus stops more guests and they go on with the ceremony. But its highly unlikely what they originally planned to do. If they were planning on less then 20 guests, they could have easily had a much smaller venue.

There aren't any 'much smaller' chapels that are royal peculiars though. 150 people is a very small church in London.

There aren't any 'much smaller' chapels that are royal peculiars though. 150 people is a very small church in London.

The queen's chapel at St James. The private chapel at Buckingham palace. Could pull a Lord Freddie and have used the slightly smaller chapel at Hampton court palace. Could have married outside London at one of the chapels near one of the queen's other homes.

Poor Princess Beatrice just can't seem to catch a break, can she? First her father embarrasses himself and his family, then the corona virus may disrupt her wedding further. It is almost to the point where they should just go to the Register Office to say their "I do's"!

Exactly! Would be better than hanging on four months on end.

People are dying, the expected level of deaths for plus65 is 50% ,
no one should seriously think about family meetings or whatever, people just need to accept the facts.
Does the UK not have restrictions for gatherings with more than 50 people?
Anyone who thinks Covid will end in a couple of weeks is wrong and believe me I am optimistic personality:D

I do wonder if having a quiet go at a registry and then living as a married couple would mean a catastrophe for B&E? This is probably going to last for 3 years (German government predict) , if the two want children it' s time to be realistic.
By the way many others will have to do so aswell. And they could invite the most important people who are in the UK but obey some rules to distancing, no hugging .... and still have a nice wedding. They have mire possibilities than any of us. And as soon as a certain amount of people are dIng in the Uk, the public will be even less delighted with their wedding than ever.
But as always we will have to wait&see?

The queen's chapel at St James. The private chapel at Buckingham palace. Could pull a Lord Freddie and have used the slightly smaller chapel at Hampton court palace. Could have married outside London at one of the chapels near one of the queen's other homes.

The chapel royal at Hampton Court is much bigger than the one at St. James' Palace, I have been in it.

Possibly there will be film of the wedding afterall - to allow crowds and older guests to stay home amid the virus outbreak.

From Yahoo:

Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi has called on British supermarkets to make a special exception for their elderly shoppers during the coronavirus outbreak. Princess Beatrice's fiancé took to Twitter to share a suggestion he had seen on social media to help protect the over-70s. He wrote: "A great idea just seen on Twitter. Would it be possible for the supermarkets to only allow elderly shoppers in first, so that they can shop before the rest of us, as the shops will be clean/ disinfected, and before the shelves are all cleared. #elderlyhour."

That is happening here in Australia (from 7 - 8 am) - elderly and the disabled. How they will enforce that we have yet to see but both the major supermarkets are doing this from later this week.

Its only starting in Britain right now and it is highly likely that the wedding will be postponed or at least not take place as originally planned.

I am afraid that Beatrice's wedding will be postponed . With each hour new measures are being put in place regarding social distancing in the society at large. This does not bode well for a wedding . The UK is following a different strategy than the rest of the world to keep this controlled so we will have to see how effective this will be. Regardless they will see a surge in the weeks to come and a wedding would be the last thing that would be appropriate. The amount of resources that would be needed for even a toned down royal wedding would be seen badly in the weeks to come.People will be very sick and dying unfortunately , we only need to look at Italy to see where this virus can lead. Hopefully we will be in a more positive situation in the fall.

I am afraid that Beatrice's wedding will be postponed . With each hour new measures are being put in place regarding social distancing in the society at large. This does not bode well for a wedding . The UK is following a different strategy than the rest of the world to keep this controlled so we will have to see how effective this will be. Regardless they will see a surge in the weeks to come and a wedding would be the last thing that would be appropriate. The amount of resources that would be needed for even a toned down royal wedding would be seen badly in the weeks to come.People will be very sick and dying unfortunately , we only need to look at Italy to see where this virus can lead. Hopefully we will be in a more positive situation in the fall.

Or they could forgo a big wedding and get married privately with a few close family in attendance. they can have a party later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom