The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 10:44 AM
Courtier

Oh well, it is what it is! I think Zara had about 400 guests, and hers was considered a small wedding, but presumably they can ask as many people as they like to the reception, if not the ceremony. I just hope it's a happy day for Beatrice and Edo, and not overshadowed by Prince Andrew's goings-on, or any fuss about whether or not Harry and Meghan will attend, or anything else.

Old 02-07-2020, 10:45 AM
Nobility

You think some members of the public will be allowed to go see on the outside? my spy is willing to take the day off to take some pics

Old 02-07-2020, 10:48 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
But St. George's Chapel is not huge by the standards of royal family weddings; as was mentioned earlier, all three weddings in the Windsor family within the last two years (including the wedding of Lady Gabriella Windsor, who is neither a princess nor officially recognized as a member of the Royal Family) were held there.
But St. George's is in Windsor. If they wanted a London wedding, St. George wouldn't be an option. It seems clear they were focused on London if the earlier reports are true (them initially looking at Guard's Chapel).
Old 02-07-2020, 10:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
But St. George's Chapel is not huge by the standards of royal family weddings; as was mentioned earlier, all three weddings in the Windsor family within the last two years (including the wedding of Lady Gabriella Windsor, who is neither a princess nor officially recognized as a member of the Royal Family) were held there.
I'm talking more about a wedding that had all the bells and whistles her sistsr's had.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

I truly wonder if the chapel choice was their choice or chosen due to circumstances within the family. I honestly doubt it, because I fully believe Beatrice would've gotten any of the reasonable location she wished for.

Maybe the chapel looks better in person, because it looks kinda lackluster in photos.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:56 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchesschicana View Post
You think some members of the public will be allowed to go see on the outside? my spy is willing to take the day off to take some pics
I think it will be very similar to George and Louis' Christening. In those cases some small crowds gathered outside the gates at St. James Palace, but I doubt they saw much.

If the couple do take a car to BP after the wedding, the public might be able to see them "up close" as they drive by. The best chance for photography would probably be guests arriving at BP for the reception.

Though William greeted well-wishers outside Clarence House the night before his wedding. So if a small crowd gathers outside St. James, there is a chance Beatrice and/or Edo will come outside to greet the well-wishers too.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
I truly wonder if the chapel choice was their choice or chosen due to circumstances within the family. I honestly doubt it, because I fully believe Beatrice would've gotten any of the reasonable location she wished for.

Maybe the chapel looks better in person, because it looks kinda lackluster in photos.
I think it's a pretty chapel inside but I'm not sure what it looks like from the outside. Is the entrance we seen the Cambridges using at their childrens christenings the only entrance or is there a main door that would be used for a bigger event like a wedding? Seeing Beatrice entering and leaving from that narrow little door used at the christenings would be pretty underwhelming.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
I'm so glad this is all settled, and I hope that this is truly what Beatrice wanted. It is a very small space comparatively. I'm wondering how much Andrew's disgrace as well as the health of the Duke of Edinburgh is playing into the choices made.

Considering the size and style the chapel, I wonder if Beatrice will even wear a tiara. It's certainly going to impact the style of gown she wears.
My thoughts exactly. And while I think the Chapel Royal is beautiful, I admit that I'm shocked that it was chosen. The space limitations really are a drastic difference from any royal wedding we've seen in the last 100 years or so, I believe. I hope very much that this is really what Beatrice and Edo wanted and not some consequence of her father's mess. I do think, though, that it's very, very likely that the connection with Queen Victoria might have been a significant factor in the decision, at least for Bea. It's well known that both she and her mother have quite the affinity for Queen Victoria and Prince Albert and Bea does look so very much like her...as a historian I have to admit that if I were her that connection might have been a deciding factor for me, too.
Old 02-07-2020, 11:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

I just saw photos of the Royal Chapel...it's not as impressive as St George's but it is still very "royal" indeed and it's just as steeped in Royal English history. The only drawback is the size.

Springtime weather is notoriously unreliable, so the garden party can easily be moved into one of the beautiful State rooms at Buckingham Palace. I am quite certain that there is already a contingency plan in place.

Either way, this sounds like it will be a wedding befitting Beatrice's status as a born Royal princess even though I am extremely disappointed that I won't get to see it.

There is a Royal baby due in May(Luxembourg) and a Royal wedding in England in May. Great month for Royal watchers!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 02-07-2020, 11:07 AM
Majesty

Grand Ducal baby, in fact.

So just - 16 weeks and counting!

I wonder if Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark and her fiance will be present; are they close?
Old 02-07-2020, 11:11 AM
Nobility

I do't know if one of both are true believers, because then the place would not matter that much but the ceremony itself which is the same no matter which church is chosen.
And concerning Edo 's status, yes, he is a count, but as his first son is not Bea's this will not be so important to them.
Let's hope they'll do better than their parents and keep the promise serious!
Old 02-07-2020, 11:36 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
She got engaged slap bang in the middle of the Epstein scandal so I don't think a huge wedding was going to be on the cards anyway whether she wanted one or not. I think security costs were also a big consideration as the they knew the media would pounce on any scenario that was going to be expensive for taxpayers security wise. A chapel within a royal palace was therefore really the only solution if she wanted a London wedding. The chapel royal is beautuful though and I hope the ceremony will be streamed on tbe BRF YouTube channel.
I would love to see the broadcast, but in that chapel there’s no space for a fourth of the guests, can’t see that much space used for cameras and cameraman. But I pray anyway we’ll see it. At least arrivals.

I hate so much how things are turning. All monarchies are slimming down and doing think low-key.
Also these two poor York girls, already ostracized by Prince Charles on every front, can’t have a minute of joy and recognition. All about Meghan and Kate. It saddens me. Security costs for H&M were 30 millions and look where they are now.
I agree with The Queen wanting the best. Maybe the choice was more on Andrew and his family. Having a wedding in the abbey was too close to the public. People might have booed at him, and he can’t ruin that much her day. Maybe everyone is happier and safer this way.
But I think is quite illogical having a ceremony with 40 guests in attendance, then other 500 to party. I mean, the clou moment of the wedding are the vows before God, not canapés and cakes. Maybe it’s just me. But at most royal wedding happens the contrary.
Old 02-07-2020, 11:41 AM
Majesty

What is illogical about it? Some people do have a small wedding with jus a few friends and a later party with more people. Sometimes for reasons of space, or because people can't get to the service. In the circumstances, Beatrice would be better advised to opt for a small wedding in church, with just her family and close friends and not to have any public bit where Andrew is seen, as the public are likely to be cool to any sight of him. Im sure he does not want his presence to make for any unpleasant feelings on her special day and she does not want it either.
Old 02-07-2020, 11:45 AM
Courtier

I admit that I really don't know that much about Edo's family other than that he has a father and stepmother, a mother and stepfather, a brother, and a young son. Does anyone know how big his family really is along the lines of living grandparents, etc? I only ask because the Chapel Royal is very, very small and I suspect that the majority of guests, if not all of the guests, will be family. When you factor in Sarah's side of the family along with the RF and whatever family Edo may have there really won't be room for anyone else other than maybe a very, very close friend or two. I do wonder if this means that we may not see any of the extended RF at the ceremony itself, only at the reception. I suspect, too, that this might mean a significant reduction in the number of page boys and bridesmaids. It'll be interesting to see how the wedding party and guest list all shake out in such tight quarters.
Old 02-07-2020, 11:59 AM
Courtier

It's only press speculation, but they're saying that the Queen is very keen for this to be seen (I didn't mean all that to rhyme!) as a positive event for the Royal Family, after everything that's happened recently, so I'm hoping that'll mean plenty of pictures of Beatrice in her wedding dress, cute bridesmaids, smiley Royals all looking as if they're getting along like a house on fire, etc. Everyone scuttling in with no photos or video coverage isn't going to give a very good impression, so hopefully that won't happen.

Even for Pippa Middleton's wedding, the press were out in force because people wanted to see the pictures.
Old 02-07-2020, 12:00 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
What is illogical about it? Some people do have a small wedding with jus a few friends and a later party with more people..
Sorry maybe not illogical, but weird.
Yes but i’m talking about royalty, not normal people. Most royal weddings all over Europe have a ceremony with thousands guests and a seated banquet for 500 lets say. Ofc, all these were state occasions. But seems like a norm to have more people at the ceremony, than at the reception. All I meant is that the ceremony is the really important thing, moreover if you’re the granddaughter of The Queen who’s Head of the Church. They chose that church for particular reason we may never know... but certainly include Andrew and security costs.
Old 02-07-2020, 12:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
It's only press speculation, but they're saying that the Queen is very keen for this to be seen (I didn't mean all that to rhyme!) as a positive event for the Royal Family, after everything that's happened recently, so I'm hoping that'll mean plenty of pictures of Beatrice in her wedding dress, cute bridesmaids, smiley Royals all looking as if they're getting along like a house on fire, etc. Everyone scuttling in with no photos or video coverage isn't going to give a very good impression, so hopefully that won't happen.

Even for Pippa Middleton's wedding, the press were out in force because people wanted to see the pictures.
I think the queen's very foolish if she believes this will be seen as a positive evetn for the RF. Anything involving Andrew is going to be difficult for a long time to come.
Old 02-07-2020, 12:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGio View Post
Sorry maybe not illogical, but weird.
Yes but i’m talking about royalty, not normal people. Most royal weddings all over Europe have a ceremony with thousands guests and a seated banquet for 500 lets say. Ofc, all these were state occasions. But seems like a norm to have more people at the ceremony, than at the reception. All I meant is that the ceremony is the really important thing, moreover if you’re the granddaughter of The Queen who’s Head of the Church. They chose that church for particular reason we may never know... but certainly include Andrew and security costs.
At present anything involving Andrew is going to be less than popular. Eugenie's wedding wasn't all that popular because of costs and because the Yorks suffer from the fact that their parents are considered a pretty awful pair...And back at the time of Eug's wedding, Andrew's scandalous behaviour was not considered so bad as it is now, after Epsteins death and his stupid arrogant interview. THat's ruined him completely... So at present for Bea, IMO the best thing is a private small scale church ceremony with as little show to the public as possible.. and if they want to have a big party in Buck Palace later, that's a completely private thing and the public will probably not take any notice of it...
Old 02-07-2020, 12:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Grand Ducal baby, in fact.

So just - 16 weeks and counting!

I wonder if Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark and her fiance will be present; are they close?
True, but they are Royal Grand Dukes with the status of Royal Highness....so the Luxembourg baby will be every bit as Royal as the Cambridge children.

I think Beatrice and Princess Theodora are third cousins-correct me-and the Greek Royal family has attended most if not all British Royal weddings.

But I think Theodora's wedding is also in May, so she might be on her honeymoon when Beatrice marries.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 02-07-2020, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Many couples have a personal preference for a downscaled wedding, but taking into account the norms for weddings in the British royal family as well as the circles in which this particular groom and bride socialize, it is difficult for me to imagine they would have chosen a chapel with a capacity of 100(?) over a chapel with a capacity of 800 for their guest list, had they been allowed a say in the matter.
I must agree; I really doubt Beatrice would have chosen this, if not for current issues within the RF.
She and Edo have a very wide circle of friends, and this seems like a compromise to me: small quiet wedding for family only, followed by large palace reception.

Closed Thread