Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be nice for Princess Beatrice and Edoardo to use the Marriage Service of Worship 1966. It is nice to hear all the middle names recited.

I think it would be nice for Princess Beatrice and Edoardo to use the Marriage Service of Worship 1966. It is nice to hear all the middle names recited.

They can use all their names in any of the versions of service.

You can read the services at the links here, if you would like to verify that the middle names may be used in either service.

Beatrice is a princess, she hardly needs any further titles and she will always get jobs because of who she is.. and a Royal Dukedom is rather different to a countess. Anne was happy for her children to have no titles, to be plain mr and Miss Phillips.. Edward was happy for his children to forgo the HRH..and just be Viscount and Lady Louise. She has no need of any further title.

As I understand it, Victor was answering your general question of "what would be the point" of wanting a title. As some members of the British royal family and other royal families have titles, the heads of those families must feel that there is a point.

Last edited:
You can read the services at the links here, if you would like to verify that the middle names may be used in either service.

At my wedding I was rather looking forward to using all my names but the priest basically said he would just use the names we were called by...

Commentary in The Times (paywall) by Camilla Long about Beatrice's wedding. Coronavirus may prevent Edo's Lombardy-based family from traveling to the UK, depending on travel bans still in place. It is the second feature in her column.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...shame-the-silent-stars-of-hollywood-h8w5ggc0b

Do we even know if he is that close to his Italian family members?? It could be like the BRF's German relatives. Neither he nor his father grew up in Italy despite their Italian name and so called titles. His close immediate family we know would be invited are all UK based. Considering the size of their wedding venue, ceremony at least I'd not be expecting the extended Italian family to have been invited. They MAY have come for the reception after, if there isn't going to be a party later on. But don't know if the family would travel from Italy (even without quarantine) to attend a reception only.

Do we even know if he is that close to his Italian family members?? It could be like the BRF's German relatives. Neither he nor his father grew up in Italy despite their Italian name and so called titles. His close immediate family we know would be invited are all UK based. Considering the size of their wedding venue, ceremony at least I'd not be expecting the extended Italian family to have been invited. They MAY have come for the reception after, if there isn't going to be a party later on. But don't know if the family would travel from Italy (even without quarantine) to attend a reception only.

I haven't been briefed on Edo's extended family, but the column item pinpoints an important facet of Beatrice's wedding. Will Coronavirus alter her plans?

I haven't been briefed on Edo's extended family, but the column item pinpoints an important facet of Beatrice's wedding. Will Coronavirus alter her plans?

It’s only an important aspect of her wedding if they were planning on attending in the first place. I have British family and if I was about to get married they wouldn’t be able to fly over. But that doesn’t matter as they would not be invited.

It may affect the wedding in other ways. Some older guests may not want to be at such a large gathering. It may be they may just have the ceremony and then wait for any reception till later. Or if there is real concern they may wait. They are not a normal couple who couldn’t take the cost of rescheduling.

In Belgium , only close families may attend the Wedding.
Cocktail and dinner after are cancelled. What a loss of money and joy for the new weds.
For Princess Eugenie Wedding it will be the same.

In Belgium , only close families may attend the Wedding.
Cocktail and dinner after are cancelled. What a loss of money and joy for the new weds.
For Princess Eugenie Wedding it will be the same.

Who is princess Eugenie?

Poor Princess Beatrice just can't seem to catch a break, can she? First her father embarrasses himself and his family, then the corona virus may disrupt her wedding further. It is almost to the point where they should just go to the Register Office to say their "I do's"!

It just makes sense to me that come May, should large gatherings and travel restrictions still apply due to the coronavirus, that the wedding will be postponed until a future date where all their guests can attend.

Its just looking at things with a bit of common sense here.

I also think that if things are still complicated in May the wedding should be postponed to another time. It takes common sense at this point.

Was a it the Duke of Gloucester or Kent that was married in the BP Chapel Royal due to a death in the bride's family

Beatrice and Edo have reportedly changed the date for their nuptials THREE times since their engagement was announced in September, because of her father's shenanigans.

Now she has finally announced a date and once more, forces outside her control are threatening her plans?

In her place, I would proceed with the intimate family ceremony at St James followed by a family dinner afterward. The huge Buckingham Palace reception can be postponed if necessary.

There is simply no way this poor girl should cancel or postpone her entire wedding...AGAIN.

Enough is enough.:sad:

Last edited:
Was a it the Duke of Gloucester or Kent that was married in the BP Chapel Royal due to a death in the bride's family
Duke of Gloucester due to the death of the bride's father.

Beatrice and Edo have reportedly changed the date for their nuptials THREE times since their engagement was announced in September, because of her father's shenanigans.

Now she has finally announced a date and once more, forces outside her control are threatening her plans?

In her place, I would proceed with the intimate family ceremony at St James followed by a family dinner afterward. The huge Buckingham Palace reception can be postponed if necessary.

There is simply no way this poor girl should cancel or postpone her entire wedding...AGAIN.

Enough is enough.:sad:

I think at this point, all options will be weighed by Beatrice and Edo, themselves, as to how to go ahead with the wedding.

They may decide to have a very small and limited amount of family and friends that attend the wedding ceremony itself and postpone the reception(s) until a later date or decide to move everything to a later date.

It all depends, IMO, how important it is to the couple to have everyone they want to attend the wedding ceremony itself.

There is also the remote possibility too than now with public gatherings and travel restrictions in place, who's to say that actually televising the event is now being looked into as an alternative? It would bring some needed happiness and joy into the lives of those feeling the restrictions this virus is causing. :D

There is also the remote possibility too than now with public gatherings and travel restrictions in place, who's to say that actually televising the event is now being looked into as an alternative? It would bring some needed happiness and joy into the lives of those feeling the restrictions this virus is causing. :D
The sight of Prince Andrew on the telly is not going to bring happiness & joy to the nation.

Like everyone else on the planet, I don't suppose they've got a clue what to do for the best. I'm very sorry for them.

The sight of Prince Andrew on the telly is not going to bring happiness & joy to the nation.

You have to admit though it would divert attention from the panic and runs on toilet paper though to focus on Andrew for a short while. :D

But seriously, the wedding isn't about Andrew but Beatrice and Edo and its their day. I don't think Andrew actually would cause too much of an uproar other than maybe on here in the threads.

You have to admit though it would divert attention from the panic and runs on toilet paper though to focus on Andrew for a short while. :D

But seriously, the wedding isn't about Andrew but Beatrice and Edo and its their day. I don't think Andrew actually would cause too much of an uproar other than maybe on here in the threads.

I don't think people would be too delighted to see him on TV.. come to that I don't think that Beatrice is popular enough for her wedding to be of great interest...

I disagree. We'll have people struggling to pay bills because they've lost work, some businesses will be in trouble eg cafes, pubs & those in the holiday trades. People will have cancelled holidays, parties & social events. Many weddings will be significantly affected if not postponed. The end of May is likely to be within the peak of cases & deaths. There will be no appetite whatsoever for a televised royal wedding featuring a grinning Prince Andrew & Sarah Ferguson.

Do Andrew's detractors really believe that they are going to get through the rest of life without seeing even an occasional glimpse of the man??

Will it be so life shattering if he is seen walking his daughter up the aisle?

And if yes to all of the above, why not just change channels or switch off the telly?:ermm:

Do Andrew's detractors really believe that they are going to get through the rest of life without seeing even an occasional glimpse of the man??

Will it be so life shattering if he is seen walking his daughter up the aisle?

And if yes to all of the above, why not just change channels or switch off the telly?:ermm:

We see enough of him as things are. If Bea and Edo's wedding was to be "put on tv to entertain those of us who are struggling with big problems at present"... I don't think it would go down well. And if it also involved seeing Andy and Fergie.. even less so. People probably would rather watch a repeat of some old cop show...

I disagree. We'll have people struggling to pay bills because they've lost work, some businesses will be in trouble eg cafes, pubs & those in the holiday trades. People will have cancelled holidays, parties & social events. Many weddings will be significantly affected if not postponed. The end of May is likely to be within the peak of cases & deaths. There will be no appetite whatsoever for a televised royal wedding featuring a grinning Prince Andrew & Sarah Ferguson.

In your (or other British members') opinion, given the same circumstances, would there be the public appetite for a televised royal wedding if all of the featured royals were popular with the public?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom