Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I thought of Wolfie being best man as my first pick (not sure if I've stated that or not) and I like this idea. After all, the three of them are forming a family. ?

If they're having a traditional wedding, there will be a group of ushers supporting the groom so being the ring bearer might be the only 'best man duty' Wolfie needs to do.

If they're having a traditional wedding, there will be a group of ushers supporting the groom so being the ring bearer might be the only 'best man duty' Wolfie needs to do.

what on earth is the point of a 3 year old being "best man". The best man is there to support the groom, organise things, keep an eye on the ring and get the groom to church. Its quite ridiculous to have a child "doing this".

what on earth is the point of a 3 year old being "best man". The best man is there to support the groom, organise things, keep an eye on the ring and get the groom to church. Its quite ridiculous to have a child "doing this".

I agree, for him to have been a pageboy would have been fine. It's something you usually see at a tacky celebrity wedding.

He won't be doing any of that will he. He's 'best man' only in the sense of being at his father's side and probably handing over the ring. The ushers will do all the 'best man' things.

He won't be doing any of that will he. He's 'best man' only in the sense of being at his father's side and probably handing over the ring. The ushers will do all the 'best man' things.

obviously he wont be doing any of that, which is why its ridiculous.

Surely HM will be charmed & tickled by the thought of a three year old best man. A light hearted moment in HM's family life.

I am not enchanted with the idea of a 3 year old as best man...1) A three year old is a toddler not a man 2) A toddler is unable to provide any practical support to the groom such as keeping the ring safe and making a proper traditional toast later. A 3 year old standing at the altar is there primarily for the "awww isn't that sweet" factor. 3) If he is a shy child, it might not end well.:eek:

Surrounding Wolfie with other small children as a page boy or ring bearer seems not only the most pragmatic way to go, but the most compassionate one as well.

Last edited:
I am not comfortable with the idea of a 3 year old as best man...1) A three year old is a toddler not a man 2) A toddler is unable to provide any practical support to the groom such as keeping the ring safe and making a proper traditional toast later. A 3 year old standing at the altar is there primarily for the "awww isn't that sweet" factor. 3) If he is a shy child, it might not end well.:eek:

Surrounding Wolfie with other small children as a page boy seems not only the most pragmatic way to go, but the most compassionate one as well.

Maybe we're over analysing this a bit. It wouldn't be my choice I have to be honest but I'm sure everyone, adults & toddlers, will be happy enough.

I definitely prefer weddings without (very young) children but then I'm an old grouch.:lol:

:previous: I LOVE the European tradition of having the bride and groom surrounded by child attendants at their wedding.

I just happen to believe that a 3 year old in the role of Best Man is an over the top, Kardashian way of doing things.:ermm:

Last edited:
:previous:

I just happen to believe that a 3 year old in role of Best Man is an over the top, Kardashian way of doing things.:ermm:

I completely get that point of view even if I see it differently. :flowers:

It's interesting how we can all see things from diverse viewpoints.

I'm sorry , but to be basing a discussion as to the pro's or con's of "wolfie" being his father's "best man" on an article in the Daily Fail !! well we in the royal forum's all know how reliable their articles can be . Yes we may wish to have more concrete details on ceremony / wedding party etc , but this is essentially a private wedding , albeit with the Monarch as Grandmother of the bride , I have no doubt that Edoardo's son will play an important role in both their wedding , and their future life . Both Beatrice , and Edoardo are adult's , both have complicated family dynamics , both IMO have behaved impeccably during a time ,when I have no doubt they have both just wanted to scream. Although Edoardo and his family have known the York's for a long time , they could never , [ thank's to issues out of their control ], have imagined the pressure/ publicity such a relationship would bring . Thankfully all the ADULT'S involved are behaving as adult's . I hope , and trust that Beatrice , and Edoardo and their family's will have a wonderful wedding and future together .

The article quotes a spokesman, but indeed, if details are being confirmed via a short statement to a tabloid it seems unlikely that much information about the wedding will be released officially.

Surely HM will be charmed & tickled by the thought of a three year old best man. A light hearted moment in HM's family life.

I don't think the Queen will be 'charmed' at all. She's very traditionally minded and I think the fact that her grandaughter is even marrying a man who already has a young child with another woman won't exactly sit well with her.

The best man usually makes a speech as well! Or maybe Edo doesn't want any speeches and this is a good way of getting out of it ;-).

The best man usually makes a speech as well! Or maybe Edo doesn't want any speeches and this is a good way of getting out of it ;-).

Hope it is not true.. and the child will maybe be a page boy. I can't see the queen being that taken with the idea either.

I always thought the best man served as the principal witness for the groom. How do you get a 3 year old to sign the register? I appreciate the desire to have him included and made to feel like family but giving a man's job to a child who probably doesn't even understand the concept is taking it a bit too far. But that is just my opinion.

I disagree. While I don't have a problem with someone having a child in a non-marital relationship, QEII is far more traditionally-minded and religious than I am. I can't imagine the idea of her granddaughter's illegitimate stepson playing any kind of official role in the wedding aside from maybe Page Boy sits well with her. Yeah, it's 2020, but maybe not to her.

Frankly, I find it tacky that Edo is marrying someone so quickly after dumping the woman who gave birth to said child, but it's their life to live, not mine. I only hope Beatrice isn't making a huge, stonking mistake.

I always thought the best man served as the principal witness for the groom. How do you get a 3 year old to sign the register? I appreciate the desire to have him included and made to feel like family but giving a man's job to a child who probably doesn't even understand the concept is taking it a bit too far. But that is just my opinion.

I would assume he has a best friend/family member who can and will do what best men typically do, should he want/need someone to do so.

This just seems like a way to include the child during the ceremony.

Last edited:
I would assume he has a best friend/family member who can and will do what best men typically do, should he want/need someone to do so.

Normal thing would be for him to be a page boy... or ring bearer...

Normal thing would be for him to be a page boy... or ring bearer...

I guess I’m not sure why it matters. It seems to be a symbolic role, a way to include his son in a more personal way.

He can have a friend play the actual role without the title. I’m sure someone can be supportive, sign a register, make a speech etc without the official title. And won’t be bothered by what is intended to be a sweet inclusive gesture for a 3 year old.

This just doesn’t seem like a big deal to me.

Page boy would include him. And not put a lot of pressure and focus on a three year old. It’s like Marius when his mom married Haakon.

A best man needs to be an adult who can sign the registry and give a speech. Certainly Edo has friends or even his half brother Alby who could fill that role. Giving Wolfie a title he can not actually fill is not a way of including him more.

Unless we actually get a statement from the couple I doubt it. Daily mail lives to make up stories and hope since wedding is private no one will disprove. Or they will spin it that the couple changed their mind.

It reminds me of when Joachim married Marie and was supported at the front of church by his sons.

Let’s be realistic, this wedding will be scheduled and planned to the max to accommodate the Queen and other royals. It will not be the best man’s (adult or child) responsibility to make sure Edo makes it on time!

I don't think the Queen will be 'charmed' at all. She's very traditionally minded and I think the fact that her grandaughter is even marrying a man who already has a young child with another woman won't exactly sit well with her.

Clearly you know more than I do about how The Queen thinks. I have no idea at all really. Just whimsical speculation on my part.:flowers:

I disagree. While I don't have a problem with someone having a child in a non-marital relationship, QEII is far more traditionally-minded and religious than I am. I can't imagine the idea of her granddaughter's illegitimate stepson playing any kind of official role in the wedding aside from maybe Page Boy sits well with her. Yeah, it's 2020, but maybe not to her.

Frankly, I find it tacky that Edo is marrying someone so quickly after dumping the woman who gave birth to said child, but it's their life to live, not mine. I only hope Beatrice isn't making a huge, stonking mistake.

That is exactly my feelings, "usually" such combinations do not work out well.

Agree I don't think the queen is TOO happy wit the fact that Eduardo's child is so young and he's marrying someone else.. and I don't think she would be all that charmed by little darling being "best man". In royal weddings in recenet years, the very young attendants have usually been taken out of the church once they come In, because they're not likely to sit quitely through the service...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom