The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent

But the last three royal weddings were at Windsor.

If I were Beatrice, I would prefer any other venue, just to have something a bit different.

Old 02-05-2020, 04:54 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

If I were Beatrice, I would prefer any other venue, just to have something a bit different.
I see your point. But they’ll have 500-600 guests minimum (what a RF can call “low-key” or “intimate” lmao) among which the wealthiest young couples in the world, and foreign royals too (B went to the weddings of Amedeo of Belgium, The Prince Napoleon, ...). Pressing them in St Margaret or wherever not-RF-appropriate is senseless. I mean, if Princes/esses of the Blood Royal’s weddings took place in the Abbey or St Paul’s theres gonna be a reason. It’s a matter of status I think.
I hope they won’t think people get angry at them having the Abbey just because of her father.
I really have no clue what she will do...

Old 02-05-2020, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree about having a wedding somewhere other than Windsor as a bit of a break, its probably a bit hard to have your own special day when 3 people form your own family have married somewhere within 2 years. Of course each wedding will have been different in details and theme etc but still following much the same theme, day wedding, day reception by HM and evening party.

I can see why Beatrice might choose somewhere else and if (and I say IF) she wants a big wedding that does rule our some of the other royal associated churches/chapels.

Personally (and not saying it would be Beatrice) but I'd love to see someone from the family have a wedding at St Mary Magdalen's, Sandringham.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:48 PM
Serene Highness

The Queen largely tells them where they are going to get married and Beatrice did grow up in Windsor. Otherwise I see a small wedding gin chapel guards to be honest.
Old 02-05-2020, 06:11 PM
Commoner

I don’t think The Queen decides where they get married. To me, she just says that if the venue is good or not for the event (she and her counselors will consider the many factors involved in these decision). Even Lady Gabriella Windsor married at St. George’s Chapel. So I think the queen is getting a kinder and more welcoming as she ages.
Moreover, Princess Beatrice is in the same position of Queen Elizabeth II when she was the first daughter of The Duke of York.
However, let’s pray it’s not the Guards’ Chapel.
C’mon Lilibet.
Old 02-05-2020, 06:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGio View Post
I don’t think The Queen decides where they get married. To me, she just says that if the venue is good or not for the event (she and her counselors will consider the many factors involved in these decision). Even Lady Gabriella Windsor married at St. George’s Chapel. So I think the queen is getting a kinder and more welcoming as she ages.
Moreover, Princess Beatrice is in the same position of Queen Elizabeth II when she was the first daughter of The Duke of York.
C’mon Lilibet.
Harldy. the queen was close in line for the throne since childhood. Beatrice is well down the list..
Old 02-05-2020, 07:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

Church weddings are all going to be very similar no matter Church. Especially Anglican where the ceremony is set in stone. A wedding at some completely random church she had no connection to is not going to make it that different.

Many families even non royals all get married in the same church. As tradition. The wedding ceremony is rarely about being unique and different.

The reception is where they can go wild and creative.

And if they want to avoid complaints of cost a reception in London won’t help. The queen will only host one reception for them. She only hosted a lunch for the other grandkids. Andrew doesn’t have a London home. They will have to worry about security not only for the church but whatever evening reception location. Her royal relatives aren’t likely to skip the evening.

Marrying at Windsor offers her a family church she is connected to. Built in lunch and evening reception locations. And the security of Windsor castle already thrown in.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:19 PM
Commoner

Which tiara will she wear?
Old 02-05-2020, 07:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Which tiara will she wear?
That question has its own thread. Its under Royal Jewels- General Discussion.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:31 PM
Serene Highness

I really like the previously mentioned idea of having the wedding at Chapel Royal on the grounds of St James's Palace. The capacity is 100 so the guest list for the ceremony would be much smaller but presumably there will be one or more after wedding events that can have a much larger guest list.
Old 02-05-2020, 08:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
C’mon Lilibet.
I wouldn't say Lady Gabriella marrying at Windsor reflects a change in the Queen's attitude towards who marries there. Lady Helen had a big wedding at St. George's nearly 30 years ago.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:27 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Marriage banns were made binding for all Catholics worldwide in 1908.
https://www.simplycatholic.com/what-are-marriage-banns
There are a lot of rules ....in the catholic world which are meant to be done,
but most if it is left to be decided from the local bishop, as I posted before I have not heard one in decades and this in rather traditional communities.
Old 02-06-2020, 05:31 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
I wouldn't say Lady Gabriella marrying at Windsor reflects a change in the Queen's attitude towards who marries there. Lady Helen had a big wedding at St. George's nearly 30 years ago.
Yes, but 30 years ago St George’s Chapel was not much considered for royal weddings (in the last 50 years I mean), so for Lady Helen it sounded like a small church. These days, Brits want the monarchy not to spend money, not to have privileges, not to take the royal train, etc.
I think that Harry, by marrying at St. George’s, set a bad precedent for royal weddings. When Eugenie chose the chapel few months later everyone said she was dared too much, too grand a church, that prince Andrew has to justify her choice. Idk.
Old 02-06-2020, 05:41 AM
Serene Highness

Wouldn't the security bill be lower if she married in St George's with reception at the castle? They could close the castle for the day - no crowds inside, no carriage ride. It's also easier for them to have an evening party at Royal Lodge.
Old 02-06-2020, 05:51 AM
Royal Highness

I think it was Edward and Sophie who changed things. No-one raised an eyebrow when the Yorks got married at Westminster Abbey … but, in the interim period, the marriages of Edward's siblings had all broken down, and there'd been arguments over public funding, so they went for something less grand.

They're going to have to decide soon, if it's definitely May 29th - even Royals have to allow a certain amount of time to send out invitations and get replies, have dresses made, plan menus, etc!
Old 02-06-2020, 06:08 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post

They're going to have to decide soon, if it's definitely May 29th - even Royals have to allow a certain amount of time to send out invitations and get replies, have dresses made, plan menus, etc!
The Cambridges didn't send out invitations until February, and they married two months later in April. So if it's definitely May 29th, Beatrice and Edo could wait until March for invites, especially since their wedding will surely be smaller than the Cambridges.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
I think it was Edward and Sophie who changed things. No-one raised an eyebrow when the Yorks got married at Westminster Abbey … but, in the interim period, the marriages of Edward's siblings had all broken down, and there'd been arguments over public funding, so they went for something less grand.

I am sure the decision has been made, it has just not been made public.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
Wouldn't the security bill be lower if she married in St George's with reception at the castle? They could close the castle for the day - no crowds inside, no carriage ride. It's also easier for them to have an evening party at Royal Lodge.
To me, that certainly seems to be the most sensible choice.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:28 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I am sure the decision has been made, it has just not been made public.
Sure. Don’t even know if we will ever know where and when or see the invitations. Really scared we might not see anything at all than just a few pictures.

Anyway yes, Windsor is less costly for everyone. Maybe the BP reception is the one in the evening, with Windsor ceremony and reception in the morning. That would change things a bit. But idk. I think that taking a whatever church in London (big or small) will require giants costs of security. That’s why, despite similar weddings in Windsor we are all bored of, it is still the best regal and cost efficient option for her and the monarchy, in particular in this sad circumstance.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
I think it would be a bad idea to have any wedding festivity at Royal Lodge. You would have Andrew being the host. I think you need to downplay Andrew's involvement/role in the wedding. And I think the couple realizes that hence his absence at her engagement party in December.

Closed Thread