Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree, as this will come just before garden party season I suspect they will use similar tents/marquees so they can stay up ready.
The wedding is about 4 weeks before the 1st garden party (if dates are similar to previous years). You might be right as HMQ is very practical & it makes logistic sense but if I were Beatrice, I'd want something a bit special. There are other areas of the garden they could use for different marquees if there's an issue with not wanting to mark the lawns before the party season. I'm not Beatrice though and she might be as practical as her granny.

Last edited:
The wedding is about 4 weeks before the 1st garden party (if dates are similar to previous years).

Garden parties happen in May, so they are before the wedding. This year it should be:

12th - Buckingham Palace Garden Party
19th - Buckingham Palace Garden Party
27th - Buckingham Palace Garden Party
29th - wedding of Princess Beatrice

https://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/RoyalGardenParties.html

Well I'm mistaken then. I always thought they were held during July. I know they were held in July in 2010 - when did they change to May?

With May garden parties, it's more likely they'll use the same marquees I suppose although they could still have something else in another part of the garden. If they just use the ones already up, it would be much cheaper & less bother so perhaps they'll do that.

Last edited:
Given the dates I think it much more likely they will be using the Garden Party tents, there would be little time (one clear day) to set up a new set of tents. You'd be amazed what you can do to decorate a marquee and make it look amazing.

I went back and looked at previous garden parties and she had hosted 8000 people at a sit down garden party. So if Beatrice has the kind of guest list for her reception her sister or cousins did it won’t be an issue.

Wow...EIGHT THOUSAND?? I know Beatrice and Edo have more Royal and society friends than any of their generation in the BRF, but i definitely agree with you.

They won't need to restrict their guest list for sure.:cool:

Wow...EIGHT THOUSAND?? I know Beatrice and Edo have more Royal and society friends than any of their generation in the BRF, but i definitely agree with you.

They won't need to restrict their guest list for sure.:cool:

She is said to host about 30,000 people at garden parties a year, 3 in London and one during Holyrood. 8000 came from an article in 2018 about the first party of the season.

There is a party two days before Beatrice wedding. Unless they plan on putting the marquee up before that, I don't see it happening for Beatrice. Having construction crews buildung a glass one during the Queehs garden party wouldn't work well.

Then again they could do it early. And it would offer the privacy so no one would see the deviating going on. But still think it's speculation.

As for meal, I think it depends on if they have an evening party that night. If they do an evening party I'd expect just drinks and appetizers from the queen. If the evening party waits till later like destination perhaps, I'd expect a meal.

Cambridge-sit down breakfast three course
Sussex- had a meal but small bowls style
Eugenie-canapés and cake
Zara and Peter-just the evening reception meal though Zara had a champagne cruise the night before hers

Last edited:
Well I'm mistaken then. I always thought they were held during July. I know they were held in July in 2010 - when did they change to May?
Answering my own question via the court circular, they were held in July up until 2012 and in May since then.

I'm still doubting they'll use that huge space. A more enclosed part of the garden would work better I think (the area by the private apartments perhaps?).

Which brings me to my next question...I wonder if HMQ is hosting a buffet, a sit down lunch, or a canapes and champagne reception? How many guests can the Buckingham Palace gardens accommodate.

> Difficult to tell what the dining arrangements might be as we do not even know what time the wedding will be, and therefore, at what time the Reception at BP might be.

> BP has the largest private garden in central London. The BP garden parties typically have 8,000 - 10,000 guests a time, and I am reasonably sure the gardens are not at capacity at that stage.

The Express is posting an article saying that Harry and Meghan aren't going to the wedding. They're calling it a snub though I don't think that they were planning on going at all anyway. And that Bea wasn't expecting them to.

The Express is posting an article saying that Harry and Meghan aren't going to the wedding. They're calling it a snub though I don't think that they were planning on going at all anyway. And that Bea wasn't expecting them to.

And there is no way they know that at this point...just creating articles to get ppl to click on them or buy them.

LaRae

Answering my own question via the court circular, they were held in July up until 2012 and in May since then.

I'm still doubting they'll use that huge space. A more enclosed part of the garden would work better I think (the area by the private apartments perhaps?).

Although the gardens are huge, they probably won't want to be too far from the public facilities.

So...is the Express telling us that invitations have gone out 3 months before the big day, and RSVP's have been received?:whistling:

I think Iam with the unpopular opinion the Sussexes will go to the wedding.They are running all kinds of different opinions on that for click bait, but I'm inclined to believe they will attend her wedding. I think Beatrice will invite them she is not the type to go rogue. It wouldnt show family unity. Harry and Meghan will go. The Sussexes/HM/Harry claim they still part of the family in official statements that the UK is still Harrys home which he loves. Judging by that I think they will go. (Could be wrong.) Perfect time to show family unity. Plus harry was always close to the York Princesses, he invited their mother to the ceremony of his wedding, so he does seem to have a fondness for them even though they might not be as close. Former bonds can be so nostalgic and its nice to be involved with the people you care about and catch up.

If it wasnt Meghan vs the York Princesses it would be Kate vs the York princesses........

They also claimed they didn't invite Bea to their wedding. ?

Can we all just admit the press being the press. No one has a clue who will be at this wedding but I think it is a safe beat her family, including the Sussexes, will be there. All this is so silly.

I think Iam with the unpopular opinion the Sussexes will go to the wedding.They are running all kinds of different opinions on that for click bait, but I'm inclined to believe they will attend her wedding. I think Beatrice will invite them she is not the type to go rogue. It wouldnt show family unity. Harry and Meghan will go. The Sussexes/HM/Harry claim they still part of the family in official statements that the UK is still Harrys home which he loves. Judging by that I think they will go. (Could be wrong.) Perfect time to show family unity. Plus harry was always close to the York Princesses, he invited their mother to the ceremony of his wedding, so he does seem to have a fondness for them even though they might not be as close. Former bonds can be so nostalgic and its nice to be involved with the people you care about and catch up.

If it wasnt Meghan vs the York Princesses it would be Kate vs the York princesses........

I completely understand what you're saying with this and I'm torn about whether or not they'll go. Honestly, I suspect that Harry will go on his own but who knows. I will say, though, that I feel terribly sorry for Beatrice throughout this whole thing and I feel awful for her that her father's mess and the Harry and Meghan Show have totally overshadowed her wedding and for that reason alone I really kind of hope that neither of them show up since every headline and all of the coverage would become all about them and how they're still showing up for family events, etc. I do think that Beatrice will invite them but I really hope they decline and allow her to have the spotlight for that day.

It’s not former nostalgic like far in past. Eugenie and Jack double dated with them in Toronto in the early days. Eugenie is said to be one of the first to meet her if not first on his side. The York’s introduced him to at least one previous girlfriend and he had skied with them at their Swiss home.

I think Harry and Meghan will attend and not for putting on show of unity. It’s private anyways. But because she is his cousin and he wants to support her.

There are always rumours about who will or will not be invited to these weddings. It’s meant to get clicks on their website.

That is just their business model: clickbait clickbait clickbait...

Public opinion on whether or not the Sussexes will attend Beatrice and Edo's wedding, to me, ranks right up there with wondering when we are going to colonize Mars. It doesn't matter. Its a family wedding that the public is aware of and has a level of interest in as observers from a distance.

If they do attend or they don't, it really isn't that big of a deal and won't make or break their happy day. :D

Instead of silk bows, how about white wedding bows made from satin ribbon?

I completely understand what you're saying with this and I'm torn about whether or not they'll go. Honestly, I suspect that Harry will go on his own but who knows. I will say, though, that I feel terribly sorry for Beatrice throughout this whole thing and I feel awful for her that her father's mess and the Harry and Meghan Show have totally overshadowed her wedding and for that reason alone I really kind of hope that neither of them show up since every headline and all of the coverage would become all about them and how they're still showing up for family events, etc. I do think that Beatrice will invite them but I really hope they decline and allow her to have the spotlight for that day.

If they don't turn up the media will still be all about them - and how the horrible RF didn't invite them (even if they are invited and turn it down). Regardless of what happens the focus on the day will still be on Harry and Meghan and not on Beatrice and Edo - particularly as there will be limited coverage - maybe some footage of arrivals and departures and that will be it.

If they don't turn up the media will still be all about them - and how the horrible RF didn't invite them (even if they are invited and turn it down). Regardless of what happens the focus on the day will still be on Harry and Meghan and not on Beatrice and Edo - particularly as there will be limited coverage - maybe some footage of arrivals and departures and that will be it.

Sadly I suspect that you're right. It's really such a shame and I really feel so awful for Beatrice. Nothing about this has been the happy occasion that it should be for her and I suspect the day of won't be, either.

Sadly I suspect that you're right. It's really such a shame and I really feel so awful for Beatrice. Nothing about this has been the happy occasion that it should be for her and I suspect the day of won't be, either.

Why would public opinion or anything opinionated on, written on or speculated on have any kind of effect on Beatrice's wedding day? I seriously doubt that she's going to need smelling salts or a few snorts of a good brandy to lift her spirits on her wedding day.

For all we know, she could be doing a happy dance that her wedding isn't being turned into a public spectacle. :D

Why would public opinion or anything opinionated on, written on or speculated on have any kind of effect on Beatrice's wedding day? I seriously doubt that she's going to need smelling salts or a few snorts of a good brandy to lift her spirits on her wedding day.

For all we know, she could be doing a happy dance that her wedding isn't being turned into a public spectacle. :D

Frankly, without getting too overly personal here, I know what it's like to spend your wedding day worrying about family drama and how that will play out, spill over, etc. I know what it's like to wish that just for one day no one was talking about the chaos and drama that certain family members seem to leave in their wake on a daily basis. I even know what it's like when one of those family members is your own father. I very much empathize with Beatrice and while I'm sure her very small and very private wedding will be beautiful, as will the photographs and whatever else we might be allowed to see from the day, I can 100% assure you that she will both know and care that her wedding day will be surrounded by talk of her father and his mess as well as Harry and Meghan and their mess and maybe even Peter and Autumn. Yes, her wedding is private. That does not mean, though, that there is no public interest. And it will be surrounded by speculation over attendance and there's a distinct possibility that there will be anti-Andrew demonstrators as close as they can possibly get to SJP, BP, KP, etc. She shouldn't have to stress over those things or even give them a second thought on her wedding day but I can 100% assure you that she will. And frankly, she'll probably give them much more than a passing thought. Her nerves should be nothing more than the nerves of any bride but I'm positive will be the nerves of someone praying that her wedding doesn't descend into chaos with protesters. She should be hoping that the press says lovely things about her wedding gown and choice of tiara rather than worrying about how many stories will use her wedding as a springboard for another piece about her father or the Harry and Meghan Show.

Should all of this impact her wedding day? No, it absolutely should not. Will it? Without a doubt.

When the Queen and Prince Philip got married, there was a big to-do over whether or not the Duke and Duchess of Windsor should be invited, and another big to-do over whether or not, only 2 years after the war, Philip's sisters and their German husbands should be invited. Harry and Meghan had all the hoo-ha over whether or not her dad would be coming. There's always something. But Beatrice has been particularly unlucky, and I feel very sorry for her.

I hope Beatrice will have a drama free wedding. And the wedding will reflect what she wants. All brides deserve that much. I hope all family and friends will try their best not to cause any drama that will affect the wedding of Beatrice and Edo

My hope anyway.

When the Queen and Prince Philip got married, there was a big to-do over whether or not the Duke and Duchess of Windsor should be invited, and another big to-do over whether or not, only 2 years after the war, Philip's sisters and their German husbands should be invited. Harry and Meghan had all the hoo-ha over whether or not her dad would be coming. There's always something. But Beatrice has been particularly unlucky, and I feel very sorry for her.
Not to mention the press furor over Harry inviting Sarah, Beatrice’s mother, to his wedding, which forced Prince Phillip to be in Sarah’s presence for the first time in decades. And who can forget the hat Beatrice wore to William and Catherine’s wedding, it seemed to scream ‘look at me’ in a bad way.
It seems to me there’s a bit too much projecting about how Beatrice ‘feels’ by some posters, along the lines of my wedding was impacted by family drama, therefore Beatrice must be reacting the way I did.
Beatrice’s family has had bad press for decades, Beatrice herself has had her share, including hat-gate, excessive vacation-gate, and allegations she’s traded on her royal status, so the fact that one cousin is going through a spell of bad press and another a divorce is nothing new in her world. I’m sure she feels for her dad being essentially fired, and undoubtedly his situation along with a desire to shield her future step son from press exposure, not to mention the bad press she’s gotten over the years about her fashion choices all factored into her choice to have a very private wedding.
She’s marrying the man she loves in the presence of the people whom she cares about most followed by a reception for her wider circle of friends hosted by her grandmother and I’m sure Beatrice will find much joy in the occasion and ignore whatever negative narrative the press comes up with.
I eagerly await photos after the event of her dress and perhaps a sighting of the York tiara!

While a rose is likely to make an appearance gif the York princess I doubt those.

Wedding bouquets especially royal ones tend to be less in your face colour wise. Especially for a late spring wedding. I hope we don’t see all white like previous British bouquets but that is a little much in colour. It’s also said to be quite pungent in small so perhaps not best if also decorating as well with.

Think a more traditional British rose far more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom