The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #621  
Old 02-04-2020, 03:23 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
But as long as Beatrice's grandmother, Uncle Charles and cousin William attend her wedding, the public will be paying for security.
We are at a point now where a great many taxpayers are fed up with what the royals are costing them. They don't mind so much with regards to the Queen, Charles and William but anything remotely connected to the Yorks is toxic. If she married at Windsor in the same fashion as Peter Phillips or Ella Windsor, ie with no members of the public brought into the walls of the castle to watch, it would not cost the taxpayer a penny more than the usual security costs which are always in place when the Queen is in residence. If there is a big showy London wedding however the media will have a field day pointing out that as this was the Yorks own personal choice then they should be meeting the additional security costs. They very well might but if they don't then it's just more awful publicity for the BRF.
  #622  
Old 02-04-2020, 03:30 PM
Helen.CH's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Chambery, France
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
We are at a point now where a great many taxpayers are fed up with what the royals are costing them. They don't mind so much with regards to the Queen, Charles and William but anything remotely connected to the Yorks is toxic. If she married at Windsor in the same fashion as Peter Phillips or Ella Windsor, ie with no members of the public brought into the walls of the castle to watch, it would not cost the taxpayer a penny more than the usual security costs which are always in place when the Queen is in residence. If there is a big showy London wedding however the media will have a field day pointing out that as this was the Yorks own personal choice then they should be meeting the additional security costs. They very well might but if they don't then it's just more awful publicity for the BRF.
Who knows what the Yorks do next
But I think, like you proposed, a wedding with only guests and no public allowed would be the best, as it is not televised, even Andrew could walk her down and official pictures may only show the couple but not Andrew- a good solution for everyone, unless Bea wants a big thing.
  #623  
Old 02-04-2020, 03:42 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,899
And if she wants a big wedding then she should have it. They would be wise of optics but honestly people going to rant regardless. Others will love all that comes with celebrating a day of love. They will do what’s best for them.
  #624  
Old 02-04-2020, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,972
Beatrice should have the sort of wedding she wants but I highly doubt the public would stomach a wedding with the same sort of elements as Eugenie's (which will have made the public costs higher) such as a carriage rides, live tv coverage and close-by public crowds.

If Beatrice wants to marry somewhere as grand as Westminster Abbey of course she should be able to (got to have some perks to your grandmother being Queen) BUT doing so with carriage rides, live footage and big crowds will go down like a lead balloon with the public who have to pay for the security.

In fairness Beatrice seems a little shy to me, maybe I'm wrong, but given everything with Andrew I can't see her wanting to create unnecessary attention.
  #625  
Old 02-04-2020, 04:37 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 11,662
I agree. People are going to complain and make snide remarks whatever she does...her father..her mother...the groom...the groom's ex-fiancee and their child...her dress sense...her work ethic...the cost of monarchy vs.republic..

All will be used to beat this girl about the head even if she opts for a registry office with fish and chips take out for the reception.

This is her first and hopefully her only wedding. I say she should do whatever she wants.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough" Sir Sidney Poitier
1927-2022
  #626  
Old 02-04-2020, 04:47 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 9,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Im a churchgoer and often hear banns being read.. Most people are married by banns.
In Roman Catholic churches the banns use to be read.
  #627  
Old 02-04-2020, 05:09 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 13,871
Banns of marriage are read in my church which is CofE; but of a higher level so many of our practices resemble Catholicism more than Protestantism (e.g. we have incense for special occasions such as Christmas and weddings), so I don't know if that makes a difference. There are different sectors of the Church of England from low to high church, and each does things slightly differently.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
  #628  
Old 02-04-2020, 05:10 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Banns of marriage are read in my church which is CofE; but of a higher level so many of our practices resemble Catholicism more than Protestantism (e.g. we have incense for special occasions such as Christmas and weddings), so I don't know if that makes a difference. There are different sectors of the Church of England from low to high church, and each does things slightly differently.
If a marriage is by Banns, then they have to be read in church.
  #629  
Old 02-04-2020, 05:11 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 13,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
If a marriage is by Banns, then they have to be read in church.
I was just expanding Cyril's comment as he mentioned about Catholic churches.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
  #630  
Old 02-04-2020, 05:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
We are at a point now where a great many taxpayers are fed up with what the royals are costing them. They don't mind so much with regards to the Queen, Charles and William but anything remotely connected to the Yorks is toxic. If she married at Windsor in the same fashion as Peter Phillips or Ella Windsor, ie with no members of the public brought into the walls of the castle to watch, it would not cost the taxpayer a penny more than the usual security costs which are always in place when the Queen is in residence. If there is a big showy London wedding however the media will have a field day pointing out that as this was the Yorks own personal choice then they should be meeting the additional security costs. They very well might but if they don't then it's just more awful publicity for the BRF.
I cerianly hope Bea has enough sense to avoid a big showy London wedding. Her mother and father are unpopular as it is.. and it would look awful.
  #631  
Old 02-04-2020, 05:41 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,156
There's the church at Parliament, which is near Westminster Abbey. Viscount Linley got married there.
  #632  
Old 02-04-2020, 06:33 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 11,662
Thats St. Margaret's Westminster, no?
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough" Sir Sidney Poitier
1927-2022
  #633  
Old 02-04-2020, 07:07 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,972
Yes, St Margaret's. It's effectively part of Westminster Abbey, personally if they are going down that route I suspect its a strong possibility.

https://www.westminster-abbey.org/st-margarets-church
  #634  
Old 02-04-2020, 07:24 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,863
The issue again being its not that large. It was discussed before Eugenie and I think even Harry weddings. It's smaller then the guard chapel which would be a tight fit for a wedding like she likely will have.

At this point outside WA which I don't think has a shot, the largest option in London is the guards chapel which is about 600.
  #635  
Old 02-04-2020, 08:34 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 830
I know they're not popular but I've always liked them.
  #636  
Old 02-04-2020, 10:27 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Yes, St Margaret's. It's effectively part of Westminster Abbey, personally if they are going down that route I suspect its a strong possibility.

https://www.westminster-abbey.org/st-margarets-church


But security for St. Margaret's will be the same as for the Abbey!
So what would be accomplished by cramming everyone into the smaller church?
  #637  
Old 02-04-2020, 10:56 PM
Leopoldine's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 1,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
I don't see why it can't be televised. There's always interest in royal weddings. If people aren't interested, or object to its being on TV, they don't have to watch!
Well, the corporate entities who decide on these things may decide not to broadcast. It is not a fairy tale wedding situation.
  #638  
Old 02-04-2020, 10:57 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
But security for St. Margaret's will be the same as for the Abbey!
So what would be accomplished by cramming everyone into the smaller church?
It wouldn't be the same, the Abbey is much larger. So it would need much more personal to secure it, more resources to look for bombs etc. Not to mention an iconic location like the Abbey would be a better target, for a double-whammy incident.
  #639  
Old 02-04-2020, 11:17 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 11,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
Well, the corporate entities who decide on these things may decide not to broadcast. It is not a fairy tale wedding situation.
I think it is VERY much a fairy tale wedding..just as much as William/Kate and Harry/Meghan.

Beatrice is an underdog princess who has finally found her prince in a handsome and wealthy young Count.

It doesn't get more fairy tale than that, imo.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough" Sir Sidney Poitier
1927-2022
  #640  
Old 02-04-2020, 11:32 PM
Leopoldine's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 1,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
The issue again being its not that large. It was discussed before Eugenie and I think even Harry weddings. It's smaller then the guard chapel which would be a tight fit for a wedding like she likely will have.

At this point outside WA which I don't think has a shot, the largest option in London is the guards chapel which is about 600.
Beatrice might like an excuse to not invite her Dad's gun-runner pals and her mom's scented-candle cronies.
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engagement of Princess Beatrice of York and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi: September 26, 2019 JessRulz The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family 153 09-29-2019 02:36 AM
Princess Beatrice: Relationships Musings and Suggestions Pranter The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family 520 09-26-2019 07:26 AM




Popular Tags
abdullah ii all tags america arcadie austria braganza british royal family brythonic assoc. non-reigning houses +- camilla caribbean caroline castile charles iii claret congo current events death de la cerda denmark duarte pio dubai expo duchess of kent duke of cambridge emperor naruhito espana garsenda genealogy general news grace kelly grimaldi guzman hamdan bin ahmed history identifying india introduction ivrea jordan royal family king charles king edward iii king henry iii king philippe king willem-alexander leopold ier louis mountbatten monaco monarchy mountbatten need help official visit order of precedence orleans-braganza portugal prince charles princess of orange queen camilla queen elizabeth queen ena of spain queen mathilde queen maxima republics restoration spain spanish history spanish royal family state visit switzerland uae visit wine glass


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:55 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022
Jelsoft Enterprises