The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 06:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Are we going to get a wedding dress thread?

LaRae

Old 09-26-2019, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I know the wedding itself hasn't even happened yet, but it would be lovely to see Beatrice and Edo have a honeymoon in Italy or one of the Italian islands. I visited Tuscany earlier this month for a short break and thought how lovely a honeymoon there would be. The countryside certainly makes for a romantic atmosphere!

As for the wedding itself; I should imagine that Lady Louise would be chosen as special attendant again - and probably Prince George and Princess Charlotte as page boy and bridesmaid, too. It would be nice if one of Sarah's nieces or nephew's children could be part of the bridal party, too, and I can imagine Edo's son would also be included. Eugenie would probably be the matron of honour.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-26-2019, 06:53 PM
Commoner

Im so excited for the couple. My guess is an April Wedding at St. George (Although, I, like many of us, prefer York Minister). I highly doubt she'll use her mothers tiara, I am hoping for the King George III Fringe as a nod to HM or the Strathmore is finally fixed!. I see a ballgown, Short or 3/4 sleeve, definitely a viel (Although Princess Eugenie shocked me lol). Im thinking pink and white flowers. I hope she has adult bridesmaids. Im guess because im American, the idea of only children in the bridal party is odd to me. Typically children are flower girls and ring bearers. But this England so the attendants will most likely be children. I just cant wait for the details.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm guessing St. George's and a summer wedding. Somewhere in June or before the Queen heads off to Scotland.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:40 PM
Courtier

Maybe a wedding in Switzerland?

HM might not be able to make it, but the attention on Andrew might make a Swiss wedding the way to go.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
Maybe a wedding in Switzerland?

HM might not be able to make it, but the attention on Andrew might make a Swiss wedding the way to go.
If that's an issue they may as well get hitched in the drawing room at Sandringham House with pizza and a pool party afterwards.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
If that's an issue they may as well get hitched in the drawing room at Sandringham House with pizza and a pool party afterwards.
Sounds like a good place to hold a wedding to me. Close to the bar.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:10 PM
Courtier

I was thinking Valentines Day might be nice. Its on a Friday next year. HOWEVER, I suspect the weather in Britain at that time of year makes that a very bad idea. So I am going with sometime in May or June, excluding the 15th -20th of June due to Trooping the Colour and Royal Ascot. Location St George's Windsor. Tiara: Something we haven't seen before.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
I want to see photos from this Sandringham House wedding!!!
Old 09-26-2019, 10:33 PM
Majesty

Yes, before, during and afterwards!
Old 09-26-2019, 10:39 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Are we going to get a wedding dress thread?

LaRae
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ngs-46781.html

A thread for tiara suggestions will be live shortly in the Jewel forum.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:39 PM
Aristocracy

St. George's. Peach and pink flowers. April or May. On exactly the same scale as Eugenie, who had a fabulous, tasteful, drop dead elegant wedding. All the Cambridge kids, all the Phillips kids, all the Tindall kids, Freddie Windsor's daughters, and of course her new stepson with a Branson or two thrown in.

For my money, the one to watch is Sarah. Best get off to Emma Louise Design as she did for Harry and Eugenie's wedding - they didn't let her down!
Old 09-27-2019, 12:57 AM
Serene Highness

Maybe a wedding outside the UK. They had their engagement in Italy so let's wait.

I'm so excited. I love Edo so much!
Old 09-27-2019, 02:39 AM
Aristocracy

I think the wedding will be in the UK so the Queen and Prince Phillip will beable to attend. The Princess would not hurt her grandparents by not having it close enough for them to attend.
Old 09-27-2019, 02:47 AM
Royal Highness

If the pattern of weddings at Windsor amongst the Queen’s grandchildren is followed...

William not
Harry yes

Peter yes
Zara not

Eugenie yes
Beatrice ...

then York is on the table
Old 09-27-2019, 02:48 AM

I am going to be different....and go out on a limb.

Westminster Abbey
April 24th 2020
Edo will receive a title
Colors will be cream and light blue
She will wear Queen Victoria's Wedding Sapphire Coronet.
Wedding Dress will be Italian as a nod to her husband.
George, Louis and Charlotte will be a part of the wedding with Edo's son.
Old 09-27-2019, 02:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfly View Post
Maybe a wedding outside the UK. They had their engagement in Italy so let's wait.

I'm so excited. I love Edo so much!
Many couples get engaged abroad for romance. Eugenie got married in Nicaragua on a volcano. William and Kate in Africa. No indication of ceremony.

I don't see why any drive for York. The girls have NO connection to it beyond title. Be like suggesting Harry should have in Wales due to his dad.

Beatrice and Eugenie have even more link to marry at st George then Harry. It's not simply about the queen. They grew up at Windsor, went to school there. Beyond a lunch reception the queen likely will do, Royal lodge is near for the evening party sure to follow.

I honestly don't know if we will see the full Windsor bunch like Eugenie. IMO we may see like Harry some friends kids too. Wolfie of course.

I'd be surprised if we don't see a Branson grandchild or two. Bea founded Big Change with holly and Sam and is close to both. Both Eva (Sam) and Hollys twins will be five or near, good age.

I expect we will see some former royals and people like the Casiraghis at the wedding. She associates with them more then her sister.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

I hope it will be a beautiful Italian wedding, in one of the countless eye-pleasing venues that country is littered with.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:13 AM
Courtier

Andrew is rumoured to have tried to push for WA with Eugenie and got slapped down by the Queen. If that's the case, Bea isn't getting it. It doesn't have to be St. George's but they aren't upgrading and really they don't have any connection to York beyond territorial designation and they have a multitude of connections to Windsor.

I can see why people are suggesting an Italian wedding but Edo was born in the UK, is a citizen and has spent all his life here. Not that that stops anyone having a destination wedding but it's no different from Pippa and James (to use an example) not getting married at Eden Roc which his family own and love.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:24 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I hope it will be a beautiful Italian wedding, in one of the countless eye-pleasing venues that country is littered with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
Andrew is rumoured to have tried to push for WA with Eugenie and got slapped down by the Queen. If that's the case, Bea isn't getting it. It doesn't have to be St. George's but they aren't upgrading and really they don't have any connection to York beyond territorial designation and they have a multitude of connections to Windsor.

I can see why people are suggesting an Italian wedding but Edo was born in the UK, is a citizen and has spent all his life here. Not that that stops anyone having a destination wedding but it's no different from Pippa and James (to use an example) not getting married at Eden Roc which his family own and love.
Andrew being slapped down by the Queen is one baseless rumor.

You can't take it from people to think for an Italian wedding or whatever you call it. They were engaged in Italy. Even though, Edo was born and raised in the UK, you can't take away the fact that he has Italian roots.

Let's just hope it will be a great wedding. I love Edo and Bea! They both deserve each other.

Edo is a lovely person.