The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-29-2020, 06:32 AM
Courtier

I think we will get pictures maybe a video. It was a hard sell to get Eugenie wedding televised they arent that interested in the Yorks. We will get something but who knows when. I feel so bad for Beatrice and with more interest in her father it could be delayed.

Old 01-29-2020, 02:02 PM
Courtier

I honestly feel awful for Beatrice. It seems that somehow she's always getting the short end of the stick. I realize that's not really true but it certainly feels that way and I'd be floored if it didn't feel that way to her. In all honesty I'm beginning to wonder if we might not see the wedding itself pushed back to 2021 given all that's happening. I really hope not and I think it's a real slap in the face for Beatrice if it does come to that but I can't say I'd be shocked to learn that it has.

It really has to be such a bittersweet time for her with all of the drama surrounding her father, the mess that's been created by Harry and Meghan, the health of her grandfather...how sad for her in what should be a wonderful period in her life.

Old 01-29-2020, 04:13 PM
Serene Highness

I truly don’t understand how not having her wedding televised in any way diminishes the joy of the occasion for Beatrice. She is a private individual who has no official role in the RF. She is not a celebrity, nor does she need a celebrity profile for her career. A wedding is meaningful to the bride, groom, their families, and their friends. Peter’s wedding was private, Zara’s wedding was private, the Queen’s cousin’s children’s weddings were private. Yet all of those occasions seemed joyous and meaningful to the couple involved. The outlier here IMO was Eugenie, and in hindsight there was some blowback about expense because she chose to make her wedding more public. Beatrice can marry at Windsor like her cousins sans cameras, the Queen can host the breakfast, the York’s the evening reception & the day after party as they did for Eugenie, the only difference would be no television cameras.
Old 01-29-2020, 04:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
I truly don’t understand how not having her wedding televised in any way diminishes the joy of the occasion for Beatrice. She is a private individual who has no official role in the RF. She is not a celebrity, nor does she need a celebrity profile for her career. A wedding is meaningful to the bride, groom, their families, and their friends. Peter’s wedding was private, Zara’s wedding was private, the Queen’s cousin’s children’s weddings were private. Yet all of those occasions seemed joyous and meaningful to the couple involved. The outlier here IMO was Eugenie, and in hindsight there was some blowback about expense because she chose to make her wedding more public. Beatrice can marry at Windsor like her cousins sans cameras, the Queen can host the breakfast, the York’s the evening reception & the day after party as they did for Eugenie, the only difference would be no television cameras.
I'm really not sure it's about the television cameras at all. What I know that I'm saying and what I think others are trying to convey, as well, is that it feels like poor Beatrice and her wedding celebrations have really been overshadowed and shoved to the side because of everything else taking place. Yes, Peter and Zara and some of the more distant cousins did not have their weddings televised. However, there are only four adult grandchildren of the Queen who are regarded as "members of the Royal Family" and given that three of those four have had their weddings televised, it does feel a bit unfair that Beatrice shouldn't have the same, especially since all of the drama happening in the RF right now is not in any way of her making. It does feel a bit like she's being punished or taking the fall for everyone else's drama and mistakes. However, regardless of the television issue, Beatrice does very much appear to be getting the short end of the stick when her engagement was announced with very little fanfare and did not include the traditional interview then she hasn't been allowed to release a date or location or even a single detail other than "it'll happen in 2020." All of the drama surrounding everyone else seems to have put her engagement and wedding on the back burner and reduced it to "just something we need to get out of the way with as little fuss as possible" rather than a celebration of the sort we've come to expect from the BRF and that's sad.
Old 01-29-2020, 04:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
For all we know, Beatrice may be over the moon and sincerely happy that the public will not be intruding on her wedding day. We just don't know.

Perhaps the only people that will be sorely disappointed if the wedding is a private one are those (like me) that love to watch royal weddings.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 01-29-2020, 04:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
For all we know, Beatrice may be over the moon and sincerely happy that the public will not be intruding on her wedding day. We just don't know.

Perhaps the only people that will be sorely disappointed if the wedding is a private one are those (like me) that love to watch royal weddings.
That's entirely possible and I admit that I'm a wedding watcher, too, and would love to see it but that's beside the point. I do think that there are some posters who feel that Beatrice should be over the moon and happy about a much more private wedding but they're missing the point when some of us say that we would understand if she isn't and feels sidelined and a bit slighted. I have absolutely no idea how Beatrice herself feels about all of this but honestly, I could understand if she's relieved and feels that a weight has been lifted while at the same time I could absolutely understand if she feels a bit let down and unimportant.
Old 02-01-2020, 03:50 AM
Nobility

Well I will agree with the fact that I don't think Beatrice or for that matter Eugenie should be punished for their parents. I don't like Andrew or Sarah but what they've done shouldn't impact their daughters.

Here's the latest from the Mail Online about Beatrice's wedding.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...am-Palace.html
Old 02-01-2020, 09:10 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm glad she gets a reception in Buckingham Palace!
As for the church, perhaps St. Margaret's?

(Although I don't see why the Guards' Chapel should be ruled out because of Andrew's recent problems. He hasn't been convicted of anything).
Old 02-01-2020, 09:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

(Although I don't see why the Guards' Chapel should be ruled out because of Andrew's recent problems. He hasn't been convicted of anything).
Could there be a balcony appearance if it's at BP? I wonder too if we are talking about BP hosting the afternoon AND evening reception like W and C, that would be lovely.
Old 02-01-2020, 09:42 AM
Majesty

I hope both her grandparents will watch her making wedding vows!
Old 02-01-2020, 10:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
Could there be a balcony appearance if it's at BP? I wonder too if we are talking about BP hosting the afternoon AND evening reception like W and C, that would be lovely.
certainly not. Im sure they would not have a balcony appearance evne if the ANDREW scandal had not happened.
Old 02-01-2020, 11:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
St Margaret's would be a good choice for London. Viscount Linley was married there.
Old 02-01-2020, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

I'm waiting for an official announcement before I believe that her reception will be in BP. And I wish that such an announcement with the date and location would come soon. With the lack of an official statement the palace is giving the press too much space for their own speculations, imho.
Old 02-01-2020, 12:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I'm waiting for an official announcement before I believe that her reception will be in BP. And I wish that such an announcement with the date and location would come soon. With the lack of an official statement the palace is giving the press too much space for their own speculations, imho.
I agree, if they are waiting for the furore surrounding her father to die down before making an official announcement then they are in for a long wait.
Old 02-01-2020, 12:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Please pardon me if this is a ridiculous suggestion but could the wedding itself be held within BP? The whole event could be carried out behind closed doors if that’s what the couple wished.

I remember a similar plan for Charles and Camilla at Windsor but it changed as it would have meant making it legal for any couple to use it as a venue for 2 years, would this be the same at the palace?
Old 02-01-2020, 12:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post

My guess is that there would be an afternoon reception at BP, then later an evening party at a London venue like Lady Gabriella had.

What has a larger seating capacity, the Guards' Chapel or St. Margaret's?
Old 02-01-2020, 04:07 PM
Majesty

Oh, how i absolutely over the moon ADORE the idea of a Buckingham Palace wedding reception hosted by none other than HM the Queen for Beatrice and Edoardo!

As lovely as Windsor is, I am a little overfed with Windsor Royal weddings.

But I agree with everyone who said they will wait for official verification of this information.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 02-01-2020, 04:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Please pardon me if this is a ridiculous suggestion but could the wedding itself be held within BP? The whole event could be carried out behind closed doors if that’s what the couple wished.

I remember a similar plan for Charles and Camilla at Windsor but it changed as it would have meant making it legal for any couple to use it as a venue for 2 years, would this be the same at the palace?
Yes as that is the law of the land.
Old 02-01-2020, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent

St. Margaret's Church would be a lovely location for the Royal Wedding.
Old 02-01-2020, 05:06 PM
Nobility

The issue with Windsor Castle was because the 2005 marriage was a civil ceremony.

I understand that Buckingham Palace has a chapel. The last one was destroyed by an air raid in ww2. That one was of a decent enough size to hold the wedding of The Duke & Duchess of Gloucester in 1935 once the venue had been changed from Westminster Abbey following the death of the bride's father.

I have no idea where the present one is located within the palace or how large it is. It may be tiny like the private chapel at Windsor & not considered large enough.

I do agree about St Margaret's being a great place for the wedding. Lovely church.