The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #541  
Old 01-19-2020, 09:35 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Dalkeith, United Kingdom
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Just having a giggle or two with the discussion on how many can fit into St. Jame's now as opposed to when Victoria and Albert married there. Its fun.

Then again, what would be totally different with Beatrice and Edo's wedding is if they decided to go with a period wedding and the theme is Victorian times. After all, Beatrice did have a cameo role in the "Young Victoria" movie as a lady in waiting.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Prin...nY4zOySlas2gM:
If you look at early pictures of Queen Victoria, you will see that Pss Beatrice is amazingly like her. So a Victorian period wedding might be appropriate. :-)
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #542  
Old 01-19-2020, 09:44 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Andrews giving up his military patronage’s?
The article says the venue had to be changed due to Andrew suspending ties so I guess that could mean anything.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #543  
Old 01-19-2020, 09:45 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,549
JMHO, but nothing like a royal wedding to refocus everyone's attention on the royal family and the monarchy rather than those inclined to leave the fold.

This wedding may get even more attention than was originally anticipated.
Reply With Quote
  #544  
Old 01-19-2020, 10:04 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
JMHO, but nothing like a royal wedding to refocus everyone's attention on the royal family and the monarchy rather than those inclined to leave the fold.

This wedding may get even more attention than was originally anticipated.
It will get plenty of attention even if for the wrong reasons. They'll focus on Beatrice arriving to the chapel with "disgraced" Andrew. They'll comment on the Sussexes, especially if it's there first real joint appearance with the greater BRF. They'll go crazy analyzing body language. They'll talk about Edo's ex if she attends. Endless storylines...
Reply With Quote
  #545  
Old 01-19-2020, 10:33 AM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 9,565
You couldn't be more SPOT ON if you tried, miss whirley. And in the slim chance that the Sussexes decide to make a joint appearance, the networks might reconsider their decision not to cover the event.

Osipi, I agree with you about Beatrice's resemblance to her ancestress Queen Victoria. It is uncanny....
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Reply With Quote
  #546  
Old 01-19-2020, 11:25 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
You couldn't be more SPOT ON if you tried, miss whirley. And in the slim chance that the Sussexes decide to make a joint appearance, the networks might reconsider their decision not to cover the event.

Osipi, I agree with you about Beatrice's resemblance to her ancestress Queen Victoria. It is uncanny....

I agree, click- and viewbait at its worst.

IF the wedding would be televised (of which we know it won't happen), it should be because of Princess Beatrice and her fiancé themselves - not for the possibility of the Sussexes possibly making an appearance. They have become more of a hindrance than helpful.

Is there any clarity on when the wedding date will be announced? Just so that the public knows *a little* more?
Reply With Quote
  #547  
Old 01-19-2020, 11:30 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I agree, click- and viewbait at its worst.

IF the wedding would be televised (of which we know it won't happen), it should be because of Princess Beatrice and her fiancé themselves - not for the possibility of the Sussexes possibly making an appearance. They have become more of a hindrance than helpful.

Is there any clarity on when the wedding date will be announced? Just so that the public knows *a little* more?
If as suspected there is going to be a party abroad I think the Sussexs will attend that but I would be very surprised if Meghan attended anything here.
I feel sorry for Beatrice, plans for her big day are being hijacked because of other peoples actions. She doesn't deserve this.
Reply With Quote
  #548  
Old 01-28-2020, 04:48 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 5,563
How would a French lace train wedding veil look?
Reply With Quote
  #549  
Old 01-28-2020, 04:55 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 9,565
All I want to see is the darn wedding taking place. I don't care at this point if she wears bunny ears down the aisle!
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Reply With Quote
  #550  
Old 01-28-2020, 04:58 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 12,590
I think the wedding will take place but I am not sure that the public will see anything.

I wouldn't even be surprised to hear that they are already married.
Reply With Quote
  #551  
Old 01-28-2020, 05:18 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 9,565
I have sadly resigned myself to not seeing much of anything. But this is the strangest Royal wedding ever....no interview, no date, no location, nothing.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Reply With Quote
  #552  
Old 01-28-2020, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I have sadly resigned myself to not seeing much of anything. But this is the strangest Royal wedding ever....no interview, no date, no location, nothing.
Its hardly surprising. It would not look good if they were making a big fuss, they may well quietly get married in private in a few montsh...
Reply With Quote
  #553  
Old 01-28-2020, 05:35 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 12,220
It's a shame that it has come to this and that Beatrice's wedding plans have been affected. It does indeed look like we won't hear much.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #554  
Old 01-28-2020, 06:12 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Witter Springs, United States
Posts: 112
Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
It will get plenty of attention even if for the wrong reasons. They'll focus on Beatrice arriving to the chapel with "disgraced" Andrew. They'll comment on the Sussexes, especially if it's there first real joint appearance with the greater BRF. They'll go crazy analyzing body language. They'll talk about Edo's ex if she attends. Endless storylines...
Maybe Charles will step in and do the honors for Beatrice, then it can be televised.
Reply With Quote
  #555  
Old 01-28-2020, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunking View Post
Maybe Charles will step in and do the honors for Beatrice, then it can be televised.
And what's Andrew going to do?
Reply With Quote
  #556  
Old 01-28-2020, 06:14 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mokane, United States
Posts: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunking View Post
Maybe Charles will step in and do the honors for Beatrice, then it can be televised.
That will never happen. Her father is not dead or exiled or in prison or incapacitated in some way. Disgraced, yes. But not non-existent.
Reply With Quote
  #557  
Old 01-28-2020, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
That will never happen. Her father is not dead or exiled or in prison or incapacitated in some way. Disgraced, yes. But not non-existent.
there's no need for it to be televised. Eugenie's was only on TV as part of Morning TV. I would imagine Beatrice would prefer privacy, in the circumstances...
Reply With Quote
  #558  
Old 01-28-2020, 06:20 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mokane, United States
Posts: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
there's no need for it to be televised. Eugenie's was only on TV as part of Morning TV. I would imagine Beatrice would prefer privacy, in the circumstances...
I didn't say there was a need for it to be televised. I said that Charles walking her down the aisle will never happen.
Reply With Quote
  #559  
Old 01-28-2020, 06:22 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
I didn't say there was a need for it to be televised. I said that Charles walking her down the aisle will never happen.
I know. I was referring to the idea that if Charles stepped in, the wedding could be televised because Andrew was not in a prominent part in it..
Reply With Quote
  #560  
Old 01-28-2020, 11:31 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Witter Springs, United States
Posts: 112
I wrote it in jest.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engagement of Princess Beatrice of York and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi: September 26, 2019 JessRulz The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family 153 09-29-2019 02:36 AM
Princess Beatrice: Relationships Musings and Suggestions Pranter The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family 520 09-26-2019 07:26 AM




Popular Tags
aristocracy armenia bangladesh belgian royal belgian royal family charles of wales chittagong crown crown prince hussein crown prince hussein's future wife cyprus danish royalty denmark diana princess of wales duchess of cambridge duchess of sussex dutch royal family dutch royals french revolution future genealogy germany haakon vii hill history house of bernadotte house of grimaldi israel jumma kent kiko king salman lithuania lithuanian palaces mailing meghan markle monaco christening monarchist monogram mountbatten naples netflix nobel prize norway history official visit pakistan popularity potential areas prince charles prince daniel princely family of monaco princess margaret pronunciation queen maud queen paola rania of jordan rown royal children south korea spain state visit state visit to denmark sweden swedish history thailand tracts united kingdom unsubscribe visit from sweden working royals; full-time royals; part-time royals;


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:23 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×