Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do't know if one of both are true believers, because then the place would not matter that much but the ceremony itself which is the same no matter which church is chosen.
And concerning Edo 's status, yes, he is a count, but as his first son is not Bea's this will not be so important to them.
Let's hope they'll do better than their parents and keep the promise serious!

She got engaged slap bang in the middle of the Epstein scandal so I don't think a huge wedding was going to be on the cards anyway whether she wanted one or not. I think security costs were also a big consideration as the they knew the media would pounce on any scenario that was going to be expensive for taxpayers security wise. A chapel within a royal palace was therefore really the only solution if she wanted a London wedding. The chapel royal is beautuful though and I hope the ceremony will be streamed on tbe BRF YouTube channel.

I would love to see the broadcast, but in that chapel there’s no space for a fourth of the guests, can’t see that much space used for cameras and cameraman. But I pray anyway we’ll see it. At least arrivals.

I hate so much how things are turning. All monarchies are slimming down and doing think low-key.
Also these two poor York girls, already ostracized by Prince Charles on every front, can’t have a minute of joy and recognition. All about Meghan and Kate. It saddens me. Security costs for H&M were 30 millions and look where they are now.
I agree with The Queen wanting the best. Maybe the choice was more on Andrew and his family. Having a wedding in the abbey was too close to the public. People might have booed at him, and he can’t ruin that much her day. Maybe everyone is happier and safer this way.
But I think is quite illogical having a ceremony with 40 guests in attendance, then other 500 to party. I mean, the clou moment of the wedding are the vows before God, not canapés and cakes. Maybe it’s just me. But at most royal wedding happens the contrary.

What is illogical about it? Some people do have a small wedding with jus a few friends and a later party with more people. Sometimes for reasons of space, or because people can't get to the service. In the circumstances, Beatrice would be better advised to opt for a small wedding in church, with just her family and close friends and not to have any public bit where Andrew is seen, as the public are likely to be cool to any sight of him. Im sure he does not want his presence to make for any unpleasant feelings on her special day and she does not want it either.

I admit that I really don't know that much about Edo's family other than that he has a father and stepmother, a mother and stepfather, a brother, and a young son. Does anyone know how big his family really is along the lines of living grandparents, etc? I only ask because the Chapel Royal is very, very small and I suspect that the majority of guests, if not all of the guests, will be family. When you factor in Sarah's side of the family along with the RF and whatever family Edo may have there really won't be room for anyone else other than maybe a very, very close friend or two. I do wonder if this means that we may not see any of the extended RF at the ceremony itself, only at the reception. I suspect, too, that this might mean a significant reduction in the number of page boys and bridesmaids. It'll be interesting to see how the wedding party and guest list all shake out in such tight quarters.

It's only press speculation, but they're saying that the Queen is very keen for this to be seen (I didn't mean all that to rhyme!) as a positive event for the Royal Family, after everything that's happened recently, so I'm hoping that'll mean plenty of pictures of Beatrice in her wedding dress, cute bridesmaids, smiley Royals all looking as if they're getting along like a house on fire, etc. Everyone scuttling in with no photos or video coverage isn't going to give a very good impression, so hopefully that won't happen.

Even for Pippa Middleton's wedding, the press were out in force because people wanted to see the pictures.

What is illogical about it? Some people do have a small wedding with jus a few friends and a later party with more people..

Sorry maybe not illogical, but weird.
Yes but i’m talking about royalty, not normal people. Most royal weddings all over Europe have a ceremony with thousands guests and a seated banquet for 500 lets say. Ofc, all these were state occasions. But seems like a norm to have more people at the ceremony, than at the reception. All I meant is that the ceremony is the really important thing, moreover if you’re the granddaughter of The Queen who’s Head of the Church. They chose that church for particular reason we may never know... but certainly include Andrew and security costs.

It's only press speculation, but they're saying that the Queen is very keen for this to be seen (I didn't mean all that to rhyme!) as a positive event for the Royal Family, after everything that's happened recently, so I'm hoping that'll mean plenty of pictures of Beatrice in her wedding dress, cute bridesmaids, smiley Royals all looking as if they're getting along like a house on fire, etc. Everyone scuttling in with no photos or video coverage isn't going to give a very good impression, so hopefully that won't happen.

Even for Pippa Middleton's wedding, the press were out in force because people wanted to see the pictures.

I think the queen's very foolish if she believes this will be seen as a positive evetn for the RF. Anything involving Andrew is going to be difficult for a long time to come.

Sorry maybe not illogical, but weird.
Yes but i’m talking about royalty, not normal people. Most royal weddings all over Europe have a ceremony with thousands guests and a seated banquet for 500 lets say. Ofc, all these were state occasions. But seems like a norm to have more people at the ceremony, than at the reception. All I meant is that the ceremony is the really important thing, moreover if you’re the granddaughter of The Queen who’s Head of the Church. They chose that church for particular reason we may never know... but certainly include Andrew and security costs.

At present anything involving Andrew is going to be less than popular. Eugenie's wedding wasn't all that popular because of costs and because the Yorks suffer from the fact that their parents are considered a pretty awful pair...And back at the time of Eug's wedding, Andrew's scandalous behaviour was not considered so bad as it is now, after Epsteins death and his stupid arrogant interview. THat's ruined him completely... So at present for Bea, IMO the best thing is a private small scale church ceremony with as little show to the public as possible.. and if they want to have a big party in Buck Palace later, that's a completely private thing and the public will probably not take any notice of it...

Grand Ducal baby, in fact.

So just - 16 weeks and counting!

I wonder if Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark and her fiance will be present; are they close?

True, but they are Royal Grand Dukes with the status of Royal Highness....so the Luxembourg baby will be every bit as Royal as the Cambridge children.;)

I think Beatrice and Princess Theodora are third cousins-correct me-and the Greek Royal family has attended most if not all British Royal weddings.

But I think Theodora's wedding is also in May, so she might be on her honeymoon when Beatrice marries.

Many couples have a personal preference for a downscaled wedding, but taking into account the norms for weddings in the British royal family as well as the circles in which this particular groom and bride socialize, it is difficult for me to imagine they would have chosen a chapel with a capacity of 100(?) over a chapel with a capacity of 800 for their guest list, had they been allowed a say in the matter.

I must agree; I really doubt Beatrice would have chosen this, if not for current issues within the RF.
She and Edo have a very wide circle of friends, and this seems like a compromise to me: small quiet wedding for family only, followed by large palace reception.

I do hope a few pictures of the bride and groom are released! I think that a smaller venue was always to be expected from the time of the engagement. Considering the groom has quite a young child, (a child he had recently, and with a woman he didn't marry), I'm sure that Beatrice was well aware from the time she became serious with her betrothed, and before she became engaged, that her grandmother, and many others, would not consider a large wedding appropriate under those circumstances. Knowing all that, Beatrice would have made her preference for a smaller wedding known from the outset. Of course Andrew's issues certainly only reinforced that, but I suspect that the former reason, not the latter, would have always been the determining factor for an intimate wedding. I think the Chapel looks lovely, and I think that when looking around at a few lovely, smaller and more private venues, the connection with Queen Victoria (as mentioned above) probably made this a particularly appealing, romantic choice. It sounds very pretty and I wish them well.

I went online and it says that the Royal Chapel/St James has a seating capacity of 150....but if, as someone else has pointed out, room has to be made for a choir that will almost certainly be there, the guest list will be limited to about 100-125 very close family and intimate friends.

I also read that Edo's son will be a page. The intimate atmosphere will be great for him, as he is so very young and not used to being in the public eye.

I admit that I really don't know that much about Edo's family other than that he has a father and stepmother, a mother and stepfather, a brother, and a young son. Does anyone know how big his family really is along the lines of living grandparents, etc? I only ask because the Chapel Royal is very, very small and I suspect that the majority of guests, if not all of the guests, will be family. When you factor in Sarah's side of the family along with the RF and whatever family Edo may have there really won't be room for anyone else other than maybe a very, very close friend or two. I do wonder if this means that we may not see any of the extended RF at the ceremony itself, only at the reception. I suspect, too, that this might mean a significant reduction in the number of page boys and bridesmaids. It'll be interesting to see how the wedding party and guest list all shake out in such tight quarters.

He has two siblings. He has a full sister as well as his half brother. Natalia is married to Tod Yeomans but don’t have kids. Alby is the years younger and single. At least two grandparents are dead, his paternal grandfather and maternal grandmother. I can’t find anything if the other two are alive.

He does have two stepbrothers from his stepmother Ebba. One is married to a daughter of the Earl of Mexborough and has two kids. I don’t know if he is at all close to either stepbrother though.

Since the wedding venue is tiny I think likely will just be immediate. None of the Kent’s, Gloucester’s and so on. I’d expect a few Ferguson’s. Perhaps just the aunts and uncles but not their kids. Maybe a few close friends at the service.

I am surprised at such a tiny venue. I am starting to believe they will indeed have a larger wedding later. Either on the continent or something like Necker as she is so close to the Branson’s and Richard would likely be happy to offer it.

The chapel is lovely. And I’d rather it then guards chapel or St Margaret’s since has royal history. Just size shock.

100 guests
- parents and spouses of bride and groom-6
-siblings and spouses- 5
- grandparents- 2, possibly 4 depending on Edo
-aunts and uncles with spouses-14
-cousins and spouses- 10
-David and Serena Lindley as he is her godfather
-other godparents and their spouses-8

That’s 49 tops. Throw in another 16-20 possible for Edo family or possibly some Ferguson cousins that gets us to 74 for family. I didn’t include Wolfie as he will likely be in the wedding party.

Still leaves room for about 25 friends. If she goes for all child bridal party, I’d expect kids of the family like her sister. Or the parents will make the small guest list. I am still thinking a Branson child will make the list.

Freddie and Sophie may make the list. Could be wrong but thought I read that Beatrice is godmother to their younger daughter as Eugenie is to their older. Maybe a bridesmaid.

Last edited:
He has two siblings. He has a full sister as well as his half brother. Natalia is married to Tod Yeomans but don’t have kids. Alby is the years younger and single. At least two grandparents are dead, his paternal grandfather and maternal grandmother. I can’t find anything if the other two are alive.

Edo's maternal grandfather died when Edo was a child. No idea whether his paternal grandmother is living or not.

He does have two stepbrothers from his stepmother Ebba. One is married to a daughter of the Earl of Mexborough and has two kids. I don’t know if he is at all close to either stepbrother though.

Since the wedding venue is tiny I think likely will just be immediate. None of the Kent’s, Gloucester’s and so on. I’d expect a few Ferguson’s. Perhaps just the aunts and uncles but not their kids. Maybe a few close friends at the service.

I am surprised at such a tiny venue. I am starting to believe they will indeed have a larger wedding later. Either on the continent or something like Necker as she is so close to the Branson’s and Richard would likely be happy to offer it.

The chapel is lovely. And I’d rather it then guards chapel or St Margaret’s since has royal history. Just size shock.

100 guests
- parents and spouses of bride and groom-6
-siblings and spouses- 5
- grandparents- 2, possibly 4 depending on Edo
-aunts and uncles with spouses-14
-cousins and spouses- 10
-David and Serena Lindley as he is her godfather
-other godparents and their spouses-8

That’s 49 tops. Throw in another 16-20 possible for Edo family or possibly some Ferguson cousins that gets us to 74 for family. I didn’t include Wolfie as he will likely be in the wedding party.

Still leaves room for about 25 friends. If she goes for all child bridal party, I’d expect kids of the family like her sister. Or the parents will make the small guest list. I am still thinking a Branson child will make the list.

Freddie and Sophie may make the list. Could be wrong but thought I read that Beatrice is godmother to their younger daughter as Eugenie is to their older. Maybe a bridesmaid.

The only members of the extended Kent/Gloucester branch I can see attending the actual wedding ceremony are Lady Gabriella and Tom Kingston. They seem to be close personal friends of Beatrice and were among the select group at she and Edo's engagement party. B and E also attended G and T's wedding as well as their London evening reception. I know not every close friend will be able to go to the church but as they are close friends AND family members I think they will get an invite. I hadn't heard that B is a godmother to Freddie Windsor's other daughter but if she is then I imagine little Isabella would be a bridesmaid so I would fully expect Freddie and Sophie to be there too.

Last edited:
A perfect solution for an appropriate wedding IMO:

A venue that is relatively small and discreet but with enough historical significance (venue for Queen Victoria's wedding)

Large enough to be bigger than a registry office wedding but not too big that the York family will have to search through their (questionable?) contacts to fill the venue, there will be room for family and close friends.

Perfect size for a wedding that can accommodate a young son/step son and elderly grandparents and close to BP for the reception and close to residences for all the family to be able to stay before/after. Its inside the walls of St James' so the Palace will be able to more strictly control the media in attendance. I think there will be footage (probably from a shared camera) of arrivals and departures of the couple at least, maybe the Queen and Charles - best case all the guests but maybe not. It will also be difficult for the public to catch a glimpse or to be seen protesting as I understand the entrance to the chapel is inside a courtyard at St James'.

It is also part of a Palace that is already protected and in area with high security surrounded by Embassies etc so will be relatively easy to secure and road closures if necessary will have little general impact.

TBH I doubt the Queen pushed for a smaller venue, I've always thought Beatrice more so than Eugenie is quite sensitive (in a good way) and would hate to be centre of attention in a huge public wedding given everything going on with her father. Equally I think she is just so delighted at going to start a new married life that she probably isn't too bothered about having a Eugenie style wedding. Plus this would be wedding number 4 at St George's in 2 years so maybe Beatrice and Edo wanted to do something that is more unique to them.

I have to say I'm quite looking forward to this wedding now, I think it will be really quite nice.

I hope they have a beautiful sunny day and everlasting love.

they would have chosen a chapel with a capacity of 100(?) over a chapel with a capacity of 800 for their guest list, had they been allowed a say in the matter.

Do we know which chapel Royal they want to use? There is one opening up to a courtyard of the Palace, which is the main seat of the "Chapel Royal" as the religious body, consisting of the Dean and Sub-Dean and other priests of the Royal Household. On the other side of Marlborough Road there is another which is called The Queen's Chapel... Both are chapels Royals - used for the personal services of the Royal family, just like St. George's Chapel in Windsor and some others.

That's what Wiki has to say:
The chapel at St James's has been used regularly since 1702 and is the most commonly used facility today. Located in the main block of St James's Palace, it was built c. 1540 and altered since, most notably by Sir Robert Smirke in 1837. The large window to the right of the palace gatehouse is in the north wall of this chapel which is laid out on a north-south rather than the usual east-west axis. Its ceiling richly decorated with royal initials and coats of arms is said to have been painted by Holbein.
The separate Queen's Chapel, once also part of the St James's Palace compound, was built between 1623 and 1625 as a Roman Catholic chapel, at a time when the construction of Catholic churches was prohibited in England, for Queen Henrietta Maria, wife of Charles I. From the 1690s it was used by Continental Protestant courtiers and became known as the German chapel. After the adjacent apartments burnt down in 1809 they were not replaced, and in 1856–57 Marlborough Road was built between the palace and Queen's Chapel. (End of quote)

Plus there is The Queen's Chapel at the Savoy (on the Savoy Hill Estate, part of the former Savoy Palace, that belongs to the Duchy of Lancaster) which is also known as a chapel Royal of London, as it services the queen as The Duke of Lancaster and is the home of the Royal Victorian Order. It's chaplain is part of the team of the priests of the Chapel Royal (which has the same name but is, as I said, the religious body that cares for HM's and the RF's religious needs.)

So we first need to know which church is going to host the wedding and then we could look up the number of guests.

Do we know which chapel Royal they want to use? There is one opening up to a courtyard of the Palace, which is the main seat of the "Chapel Royal" as the religious body, consisting of the Dean and Sub-Dean and other priests of the Royal Household. On the other side of Marlborough Road there is another which is called The Queen's Chapel... Both are chapels Royals - used for the personal services of the Royal family, just like St. George's Chapel in Windsor and some others.

That's what Wiki has to say:
The chapel at St James's has been used regularly since 1702 and is the most commonly used facility today. Located in the main block of St James's Palace, it was built c. 1540 and altered since, most notably by Sir Robert Smirke in 1837. The large window to the right of the palace gatehouse is in the north wall of this chapel which is laid out on a north-south rather than the usual east-west axis. Its ceiling richly decorated with royal initials and coats of arms is said to have been painted by Holbein.
The separate Queen's Chapel, once also part of the St James's Palace compound, was built between 1623 and 1625 as a Roman Catholic chapel, at a time when the construction of Catholic churches was prohibited in England, for Queen Henrietta Maria, wife of Charles I. From the 1690s it was used by Continental Protestant courtiers and became known as the German chapel. After the adjacent apartments burnt down in 1809 they were not replaced, and in 1856–57 Marlborough Road was built between the palace and Queen's Chapel. (End of quote)

Plus there is The Queen's Chapel at the Savoy (on the Savoy Hill Estate, part of the former Savoy Palace, that belongs to the Duchy of Lancaster) which is also known as a chapel Royal of London, as it services the queen as The Duke of Lancaster and is the home of the Royal Victorian Order. It's chaplain is part of the team of the priests of the Chapel Royal (which has the same name but is, as I said, the religious body that cares for HM's and the RF's religious needs.)

So we first need to know which church is going to host the wedding and then we could look up the number of guests.

Typically when the BRF uses the Chapel Royal at St. James's Palace it's the actual Chapel Royal (the first one you mentioned). If it were any of the others they would have called it The Queen's Chapel, etc.

I do't know if one of both are true believers, because then the place would not matter that much but the ceremony itself which is the same no matter which church is chosen.
And concerning Edo 's status, yes, he is a count, but as his first son is not Bea's this will not be so important to them.
Let's hope they'll do better than their parents and keep the promise serious!
I thought illegitimate children could not inherit titles, thus Wolfe would not be eligible for any title, or are Italian titles different than British titles? If not, then I assume that if Edo and Bea have a son he’ll be eligible for any title as the first legitimate son. Although since Edo doesn’t use his title it’s likely a moot point.
I’m actually surprised at the choice of venue, I expected Windsor as w/ the last several weddings. I expected a large guest list since the Yorks seem to favor big parties (Eugenie’s wedding having more guests than Harry’s, various York birthday parties, etc..) When the news of a BP reception came out I assumed it would be in one of the grand rooms in the palace.
Thus Beatrice’s wedding is different in every way from what I expected. A very small ceremony followed by the relaxed setting of a garden reception. It sounds lovely and I truly hope it is what the couple preferred.

I hope she’s not regretting her choice. She could have married like Eugenie at Windsor with no TV and crowds inside the castle, except some of her charities. This allows a big dress with train, tons of flowers, big orchestra, all her loved ones and friends by her side.If she really wanted a London wedding, sacrificing so much, that BP reception gotta be worthy. St. James’ Palace is so bad looking that she must have different tastes from mine, undoubtedly.

Maybe those guests left out the Chapel will watch the broadcast at BP - similarly to CP Pavlos of Greece 1995 wedding.

I hope she’s not regretting her choice. She could have married like Eugenie at Windsor with no TV and crowds inside the castle, except some of her charities. This allows a big dress with train, tons of flowers, big orchestra, all her loved ones and friends by her side.If she really wanted a London wedding, sacrificing so much, that BP reception gotta be worthy. St. James’ Palace is so bad looking that she must have different tastes from mine, undoubtedly.

Maybe those guests left out the Chapel will watch the broadcast at BP - similarly to CP Pavlos of Greece 1995 wedding.

I agree, St. James' Palace is not an attractive building at all, on the outside anyway. I wonder if the official pictures will be taken in the State Apartments there or at BP.

Lovely wedding. No seriously it could bot have been chosen better. Last thing anyone would want would be a rerun of Harry and Meghan in Windsor and to have her father play a prominent role. Beatrice was christened at Chapel Royal Eugenie in Windsor.

It is perfect idea and I hope it works for her. Photos of the bridal party and some guests as they enter. Which keeps media happy and couldn't be more private. And limited pace to focus on Andrew and the fact that Harry may not be there and uf he is how he appears with the family.

Given that the wedding will take place in The Chapel Royal of St James's Palace, I wonder whether the Bishop of London will officiate the marriage. I would at least expect both the bishop (Sarah Mullally, the first female bishop of London - and privy counsellor (as are the archbishops of Canterbury and York)) as formal dean of the Royal Chapel and Paul Wright, the sub-dean of the Chapel Royal and the only full-time priest in the royal household to be involved in the service.

Last edited:
Maybe we won’t be able to see the bride arrive either. She lives at the Palace, maybe she’ll dress up there. The Chapel has not an entrance on a visible courtyard. And has just a tiny door like normal houses have. This would allow not to see Andrew at all.
IMO it couldn’t be worse than this. Lmao. Sorry to disagree with you.

I wonder if she will be the first Princess to get married with a somewhat normal dress. No big train, veil garbage

Maybe we won’t be able to see the bride arrive either. She lives at the Palace, maybe she’ll dress up there. The Chapel has not an entrance on a visible courtyard. And has just a tiny door like normal houses have. This would allow not to see Andrew at all.

They will probably allow one cameraman and One photographer into the cloistery area as the bridal party and royal guests arrive. There is bound to be another entrance for everyone else.

I think she will dress at Royal Lodge with her mother, bridesmaids etc and drive into London. I wondered about the entrance to the chapel just being that little door we saw at W and C's childrens christenings. That's a pity as it's not very nice for a wedding.

Last edited:

What would be "worse" about a set up wchih allows Andrew not to be seen? I would say that is pretty nearly perfect for the situation. She will want him to be part of her wedding but this way he can do so witout any pictures of him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom