The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-10-2020, 06:58 AM
Heir Apparent

With the Duke of York Affair and now the Duke of Sussex Declaration the Royal Firm/Court will wait to give the date of this Wedding .

Old 01-10-2020, 07:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
My guess is after Beatrice we won't see another Royal wedding till George or Charlotte marry...if we are still around! lol

LaRae
More probable: Royalty everywhere will be history.

Old 01-10-2020, 08:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
With the Duke of York Affair and now the Duke of Sussex Declaration the Royal Firm/Court will wait to give the date of this Wedding .
I know, it's getting tiresome waiting to find out where and when this wedding is going to be.
Old 01-10-2020, 08:56 AM
Majesty

I am starting to hope that they will simply run off somewhere and elope. One family crisis after another since the day they announced their engagement.

Poor Beatrice.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 01-10-2020, 09:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I am starting to hope that they will simply run off somewhere and elope. One family crisis after another since the day they announced their engagement.

Poor Beatrice.
Yes the BRF seem trapped in a never ending nightmare at the moment.
Old 01-10-2020, 09:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Poor Beatrice.
Not quite eloping, but I honestly think they are better off having a quiet, private wedding now. There is no appetite for a big, public royal wedding .
Old 01-10-2020, 11:54 AM
Courtier

Will the Royal Family Youtube page not broadcast the wedding? :(
Old 01-10-2020, 01:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRCRoyal View Post
Will the Royal Family Youtube page not broadcast the wedding? :(
That would be a great compromise.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Not quite eloping, but I honestly think they are better off having a quiet, private wedding now. There is no appetite for a big, public royal wedding .
There has NEVER been any appetite for that kind of wedding for Edo and Beatrice. They have said for weeks that the wedding will be "quiet and private"...there was never any discussion of a big splashy public wedding.

I say they should just go and do it now. Even abroad if they want.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 01-10-2020, 03:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
There has NEVER been any appetite for that kind of wedding for Edo and Beatrice. They have said for weeks that the wedding will be "quiet and private"...there was never any discussion of a big splashy public wedding.

I say they should just go and do it now. Even abroad if they want.
While I tend to agree with the idea that they should just go and do it if they want and should do it whenever and wherever they want, I understand, too, that Beatrice might very well want a wedding with her grandparents and family present and that's perfectly okay, too. Yes, she's a public figure. Yes, there's a lot of drama and chaos and commotion happening within her very public family. But that doesn't change the fact that they are a family and it might be important to her to have her wedding with her family around her. I feel awful for her that so much of this has overshadowed her happiness. It's fine if what she wants is a small, scaled-down wedding without television cameras and carriage rides but it's really too bad that it's looking increasingly like she may not even be able to have that smaller-scale celebration because of all the chaos around her. It's terribly sad that many people now believe that she should just elope and release a picture or two later when what she may be holding out for is simply a date that she can marry quietly with her family present.
Old 01-10-2020, 04:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Could Princess Beatrice and Edoardo have the wedding during Lent?
Old 01-10-2020, 04:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
While I tend to agree with the idea that they should just go and do it if they want and should do it whenever and wherever they want, I understand, too, that Beatrice might very well want a wedding with her grandparents and family present and that's perfectly okay, too. Yes, she's a public figure. Yes, there's a lot of drama and chaos and commotion happening within her very public family. But that doesn't change the fact that they are a family and it might be important to her to have her wedding with her family around her. I feel awful for her that so much of this has overshadowed her happiness. It's fine if what she wants is a small, scaled-down wedding without television cameras and carriage rides but it's really too bad that it's looking increasingly like she may not even be able to have that smaller-scale celebration because of all the chaos around her. It's terribly sad that many people now believe that she should just elope and release a picture or two later when what she may be holding out for is simply a date that she can marry quietly with her family present.
I feel so sorry for Beatrice, there was so much political turmoil leading up to Xmas the announcement could not be made, now all this stuff.
I do feel she has been short changed, other than daft hats and outfits she has never let her family down. I agree a very low key even private marriage ceremony with close family followed by a shindig abroad . She will want her grandparents at her actual marriage ceremony, the party doesn't matter
Old 01-10-2020, 06:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Could Princess Beatrice and Edoardo have the wedding during Lent?
No. Lent is considered a time of fasting and abstinence. Some Anglican ministers may perform them but usually in emergency situations. An elaborate wedding during the forty days of fasting would not be a good example. There would be talk of special treatment as well.
Old 01-10-2020, 09:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
I feel so sorry for Beatrice, there was so much political turmoil leading up to Xmas the announcement could not be made, now all this stuff.
I do feel she has been short changed, other than daft hats and outfits she has never let her family down. I agree a very low key even private marriage ceremony with close family followed by a shindig abroad . She will want her grandparents at her actual marriage ceremony, the party doesn't matter
I hope she has a wedding that pleases her. She is a lovely young lady and other than being criticized for her fashion, seems to be quite thoughtful and caring. Her father is a dolt, that is not her fault. The Sussexes are of no concern to her, they are choosing a life of their choosing, as is she. Why ruin her happiest time because of others.
Old 01-10-2020, 09:44 PM
Majesty

COUNTESS, I have missed seeing you around and as is often the case, I agree with you!

Old 01-10-2020, 10:34 PM
Majesty

I would love to see Beatrice have her own beautiful and romantic wedding in St George's Chapel. It seems to be intended to be a private wedding and once she crosses that threshold we sadly, see no more.

She can still have her carriage ride back to the Castle and I have no doubt there will be ordinary, decent people who have watched her grow up and will wish her well.

It takes an international close call to make you sit back and remember what is important in this world and what isn't. In the grand scheme of things Beatrice and Edo's wedding will just be one of hundreds performed at the same time an the same day.

Since the wedding will be private it matters not who does and doesn't attend except that her family and friends are present to share their joy. If people stop to watch and wave to guests and the bride . . . well that happens in every town and village when people spot a wedding.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Her father is a dolt, that is not her fault.

Yeah, but she is daddy's girl in the regard, that we would not discuss her life, if it were not for her ancestors.

I wish her the best too, btw.
Old 01-11-2020, 08:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post
Yeah, but she is daddy's girl in the regard, that we would not discuss her life, if it were not for her ancestors.

I wish her the best too, btw.

That’s not really how the term daddy’s girl is used. By your analogy she is also grandmas girl...
Old 01-11-2020, 08:54 AM
Heir Apparent

I do think the Andrew scandal is dying down now that the Sussexes have dropped their bombshell.

If Andrew will just stay under the radar a bit longer, Beatrice will be able to have a lavish wedding and no one will begrudge it. After all, most people will be fair and realize she isn't to blame for anything.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I do think the Andrew scandal is dying down now that the Sussexes have dropped their bombshell.

If Andrew will just stay under the radar a bit longer, Beatrice will be able to have a lavish wedding and no one will begrudge it. After all, most people will be fair and realize she isn't to blame for anything.
Andrew who?? (ducks and runs for cover)

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~