The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 08:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I presume that none of Beatrice's relatives around her generation (i.e. her sister Eugenie, the Cambridges etc) were there, otherwise I can imagine they would've been photographed. I'm guessing this was more of a party for friends? (We all know Sarah likes going to any clubbing and partying events her daughters go to...)
I saw photos of Eugenie and Jack, as well as Pippa and James.

But yeah..there is simply no chance that Sarah would just sit this one out and let the young folks enjoy themselves for once...

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 12-20-2019, 07:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

It's been said for years the York girls weren't close to William or Zara/Peter ...reportedly there was a bit of a snub that went on when William was dating Kate (by the York girls) so who knows. It has kinda seemed like Harry is closer to Eugenie.

LaRae

Old 12-20-2019, 08:08 AM
Heir Apparent

There is a difference between “not being close” to a relative and actively “snubbing” them.
I think the York girls are enough younger than William that he has a different relationship with them than with, say Zara. But I think the snubbing of Kate by the Yorks is more of a press thing that is trotted out as fact.
Eugenie and Kate looked delighted to see each other when they met in New York in 2014.
Old 12-20-2019, 08:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
There is a difference between “not being close” to a relative and actively “snubbing” them.
I think the York girls are enough younger than William that he has a different relationship with them than with, say Zara. But I think the snubbing of Kate by the Yorks is more of a press thing that is trotted out as fact.
Eugenie and Kate looked delighted to see each other when they met in New York in 2014.
Years ago there was a fairly detailed 'incident' with the York girls and Kate (pre marriage) ...99 percent of the things we hear are not first hand so who knows.

I fully expect them to behave well in public and figure they are all past anything that might of happened years ago. That doesn't mean they socialize outside of family events.

LaRae
Old 12-20-2019, 08:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
It's been said for years the York girls weren't close to William or Zara/Peter ...reportedly there was a bit of a snub that went on when William was dating Kate (by the York girls) so who knows. It has kinda seemed like Harry is closer to Eugenie.

LaRae
I thik that was all tabloid gossip, but I suspect cannot be substantiated in any way.
Old 12-20-2019, 08:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

99 percent of the things posted here about the BRF are unsubstantiated.

LaRae
Old 12-20-2019, 09:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Its very possible too that this engagement party was held for a specific group of people rather than an all embracing party for everyone that is close to Beatrice and Edo. I would imagine that this couple have friends and associates and acquaintances that would fill a huge dictionary type of an address book.

Perhaps this party was planned and the invitations went to those people that wouldn't necessarily be deemed "close personal friends of the couple" but those people that have been involved with either Beatrice or Edo or both of them in some way. DeNiro may have been instrumental in helping raise awareness for a charity or in some way, had a good connection with the couple. Not enough of one though that he would be invited to a party celebrating the engagement with close friends and family but close enough to warrant being invited to *a* party.

My first marriage was like that. Engagement party for close family then a wedding shower for friends and a separate wedding shower for family. Different aspects for the guest lists. The actual wedding was small and many of the guests at the different pre-wedding parties were not invited or were unable to attend.

This engagement party may be just one of a few with the others not being known to the public.
I would disagree that the people who attended the party are not close personal friends. Many of those photographed are well known to be close friends of Bea and Edo.
Old 12-20-2019, 10:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Ok....People Magazine is reporting that the party was thrown by Edo's mother Nikki, and that James Middleton and his fiancee as well as Pippa and her husband attended.

I think there were some celebrities who simply found a way to evade the paps and not be photographed entering.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 12-20-2019, 10:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Ok....People Magazine is reporting that the party was thrown by Edo's mother Nikki, and that James Middleton and his fiancee as well as Pippa and her husband attended.

I think there were some celebrities who simply found a way to evade the paps and not be photographed entering.
We seen Pippa and James Middleton in the pictures so we know they were there.
Old 12-20-2019, 10:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

I saw James Matthews, but I did not see James Middleton or Alizee Thevenet.

Old 12-20-2019, 11:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

LaRae
Well Eugenie did the reading at Peter's wedding. And Eugenie had William/Peter/Zara kids in her wedding. So there is likely a lot of warmth there even if they aren't super close.

That being said the Yorks have always been more of a clique with Harry. Philip being hospitalized today reminds me of an earlier time Philip was hospitalized. That time William/Peter/Zara traveled together to visit Philip, while Harry/Beatrice/Eugenie traveled together in a separate group to visit Philip.
Old 12-20-2019, 11:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7807727/Princess-Beatrice-throws-engagement-party-Chiltern-Firehouse-London-celebrity-friends.html

Lots of photos of the guests in this article.
Old 12-20-2019, 11:11 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I saw James and Alizee. Alizee was wearing a patterned jumpsuit and some funky looking earrings.
Old 01-03-2020, 05:11 PM
Heir Apparent

So, apparently Dave and his wife have moved to the UK and the press is speculating whether Beatrice will invite them to her wedding.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...s-live-UK.html

I wouldn't if it were me.
Yet, if they move in the same social circles they will probably meet, so maybe they will want to stay friends.

Unless...his former friends all drop him? We'll see what happens.
Old 01-03-2020, 06:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Why in the $%# would she and Edo want Smiley Dave at their wedding celebration??

I hope not.

Old 01-03-2020, 07:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
When a relationship ends, its an end for the two people involved in the relationship. Its between them. Its not a cause for taking sides and creating camps and, in general, involving anyone but the couple that has split up.

Many times the split is amicable and life goes on. Many times there is deep conflict between the two that have split and life goes on. I would think that if Beatrice and Edo invited Dave and his wife to their wedding, its because they wanted to. Perhaps there is the thinking even that the split between Beatrice and Dave is the greatest thing since sliced bread. If they hadn't split, Beatrice wouldn't have found the relationship she now has with Edo.

Its all good.
Old 01-03-2020, 07:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
So, apparently Dave and his wife have moved to the UK and the press is speculating whether Beatrice will invite them to her wedding.

Yet, if they move in the same social circles they will probably meet, so maybe they will want to stay friends.

He wasn't at Eugenie's wedding. So I'm not sure they stayed friends with Dave. Though I expect Edo's ex will be invited, because with Wolfie there is an organic link still there.
Old 01-03-2020, 08:36 PM
Royal Highness

I guess it really depends on how amicable the split was and if they remained friends ala lots of William and Harry's (and Kate's) old boyfriends/girlfriends at their weddings. It's definitely not uncommon in a social set where everyone dates each other.

There was lots of speculation but ultimately no definitive answer about how and why they broke up but it certainly can't have been fun for Beatrice when he married asap afterwards, even if it was ultimately for the best.
Old 01-03-2020, 08:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

You don't invite an ex to your wedding unless you have a child with that person, and the child is invited. If you're not in a relationship with that person anymore, even if you're still friends, I think it's in poor taste to ask them to watch you marry someone else, even if you split years before. There's just something very tacky about it.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever......"
Old 01-03-2020, 09:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
You don't invite an ex to your wedding unless you have a child with that person, and the child is invited. If you're not in a relationship with that person anymore, even if you're still friends, I think it's in poor taste to ask them to watch you marry someone else, even if you split years before. There's just something very tacky about it.
You might want to tell William, Harry and most of their friends that; add to that also Willem-Alexander (who invited Emily Bremers his girlfriend before Máxima; the two of them also attended her wedding) and many other royals it seems.

Only the Swedes seem not to have invited their exes (of many years); clearly there was 'bad blood' between Jonas and Madeleine and many seemed to think that Sofia considered Emma as a threat, so didn't want her around; not only at her own wedding but neither at important life events of Madeleine.

So, it seems to depend on the social circle, on whether the split was amicable and/or whether the ex might be perceived as a threat.

Closed Thread