Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMHO, but nothing like a royal wedding to refocus everyone's attention on the royal family and the monarchy rather than those inclined to leave the fold.

This wedding may get even more attention than was originally anticipated.

JMHO, but nothing like a royal wedding to refocus everyone's attention on the royal family and the monarchy rather than those inclined to leave the fold.

This wedding may get even more attention than was originally anticipated.

It will get plenty of attention even if for the wrong reasons. They'll focus on Beatrice arriving to the chapel with "disgraced" Andrew. They'll comment on the Sussexes, especially if it's there first real joint appearance with the greater BRF. They'll go crazy analyzing body language. They'll talk about Edo's ex if she attends. Endless storylines...

:previous: You couldn't be more SPOT ON if you tried, miss whirley. And in the slim chance that the Sussexes decide to make a joint appearance, the networks might reconsider their decision not to cover the event.:bang:

Osipi, I agree with you about Beatrice's resemblance to her ancestress Queen Victoria. It is uncanny....:ohmy:

:previous: You couldn't be more SPOT ON if you tried, miss whirley. And in the slim chance that the Sussexes decide to make a joint appearance, the networks might reconsider their decision not to cover the event.:bang:

Osipi, I agree with you about Beatrice's resemblance to her ancestress Queen Victoria. It is uncanny....:ohmy:

I agree, click- and viewbait at its worst.

IF the wedding would be televised (of which we know it won't happen), it should be because of Princess Beatrice and her fiancé themselves - not for the possibility of the Sussexes possibly making an appearance. They have become more of a hindrance than helpful.

Is there any clarity on when the wedding date will be announced? Just so that the public knows *a little* more?

I agree, click- and viewbait at its worst.

IF the wedding would be televised (of which we know it won't happen), it should be because of Princess Beatrice and her fiancé themselves - not for the possibility of the Sussexes possibly making an appearance. They have become more of a hindrance than helpful.

Is there any clarity on when the wedding date will be announced? Just so that the public knows *a little* more?

If as suspected there is going to be a party abroad I think the Sussexs will attend that but I would be very surprised if Meghan attended anything here.
I feel sorry for Beatrice, plans for her big day are being hijacked because of other peoples actions. She doesn't deserve this.

:previous: All I want to see is the darn wedding taking place. I don't care at this point if she wears bunny ears down the aisle!:bang:

I think the wedding will take place but I am not sure that the public will see anything.

I wouldn't even be surprised to hear that they are already married.

:previous: I have sadly resigned myself to not seeing much of anything. But this is the strangest Royal wedding ever....no interview, no date, no location, nothing. :sad:

:previous: I have sadly resigned myself to not seeing much of anything. But this is the strangest Royal wedding ever....no interview, no date, no location, nothing. :sad:

Its hardly surprising. It would not look good if they were making a big fuss, they may well quietly get married in private in a few montsh...

It's a shame that it has come to this and that Beatrice's wedding plans have been affected. It does indeed look like we won't hear much.

Charles

It will get plenty of attention even if for the wrong reasons. They'll focus on Beatrice arriving to the chapel with "disgraced" Andrew. They'll comment on the Sussexes, especially if it's there first real joint appearance with the greater BRF. They'll go crazy analyzing body language. They'll talk about Edo's ex if she attends. Endless storylines...

Maybe Charles will step in and do the honors for Beatrice, then it can be televised.

Last edited:
Maybe Charles will step in and do the honors for Beatrice, then it can be televised.

That will never happen. Her father is not dead or exiled or in prison or incapacitated in some way. Disgraced, yes. But not non-existent.

That will never happen. Her father is not dead or exiled or in prison or incapacitated in some way. Disgraced, yes. But not non-existent.

there's no need for it to be televised. Eugenie's was only on TV as part of Morning TV. I would imagine Beatrice would prefer privacy, in the circumstances...

there's no need for it to be televised. Eugenie's was only on TV as part of Morning TV. I would imagine Beatrice would prefer privacy, in the circumstances...

I didn't say there was a need for it to be televised. I said that Charles walking her down the aisle will never happen.

I didn't say there was a need for it to be televised. I said that Charles walking her down the aisle will never happen.

I know. I was referring to the idea that if Charles stepped in, the wedding could be televised because Andrew was not in a prominent part in it..

I think we will get pictures maybe a video. It was a hard sell to get Eugenie wedding televised they arent that interested in the Yorks. We will get something but who knows when. I feel so bad for Beatrice and with more interest in her father it could be delayed.

I honestly feel awful for Beatrice. It seems that somehow she's always getting the short end of the stick. I realize that's not really true but it certainly feels that way and I'd be floored if it didn't feel that way to her. In all honesty I'm beginning to wonder if we might not see the wedding itself pushed back to 2021 given all that's happening. I really hope not and I think it's a real slap in the face for Beatrice if it does come to that but I can't say I'd be shocked to learn that it has.

It really has to be such a bittersweet time for her with all of the drama surrounding her father, the mess that's been created by Harry and Meghan, the health of her grandfather...how sad for her in what should be a wonderful period in her life.

I truly don’t understand how not having her wedding televised in any way diminishes the joy of the occasion for Beatrice. She is a private individual who has no official role in the RF. She is not a celebrity, nor does she need a celebrity profile for her career. A wedding is meaningful to the bride, groom, their families, and their friends. Peter’s wedding was private, Zara’s wedding was private, the Queen’s cousin’s children’s weddings were private. Yet all of those occasions seemed joyous and meaningful to the couple involved. The outlier here IMO was Eugenie, and in hindsight there was some blowback about expense because she chose to make her wedding more public. Beatrice can marry at Windsor like her cousins sans cameras, the Queen can host the breakfast, the York’s the evening reception & the day after party as they did for Eugenie, the only difference would be no television cameras.

I truly don’t understand how not having her wedding televised in any way diminishes the joy of the occasion for Beatrice. She is a private individual who has no official role in the RF. She is not a celebrity, nor does she need a celebrity profile for her career. A wedding is meaningful to the bride, groom, their families, and their friends. Peter’s wedding was private, Zara’s wedding was private, the Queen’s cousin’s children’s weddings were private. Yet all of those occasions seemed joyous and meaningful to the couple involved. The outlier here IMO was Eugenie, and in hindsight there was some blowback about expense because she chose to make her wedding more public. Beatrice can marry at Windsor like her cousins sans cameras, the Queen can host the breakfast, the York’s the evening reception & the day after party as they did for Eugenie, the only difference would be no television cameras.

I'm really not sure it's about the television cameras at all. What I know that I'm saying and what I think others are trying to convey, as well, is that it feels like poor Beatrice and her wedding celebrations have really been overshadowed and shoved to the side because of everything else taking place. Yes, Peter and Zara and some of the more distant cousins did not have their weddings televised. However, there are only four adult grandchildren of the Queen who are regarded as "members of the Royal Family" and given that three of those four have had their weddings televised, it does feel a bit unfair that Beatrice shouldn't have the same, especially since all of the drama happening in the RF right now is not in any way of her making. It does feel a bit like she's being punished or taking the fall for everyone else's drama and mistakes. However, regardless of the television issue, Beatrice does very much appear to be getting the short end of the stick when her engagement was announced with very little fanfare and did not include the traditional interview then she hasn't been allowed to release a date or location or even a single detail other than "it'll happen in 2020." All of the drama surrounding everyone else seems to have put her engagement and wedding on the back burner and reduced it to "just something we need to get out of the way with as little fuss as possible" rather than a celebration of the sort we've come to expect from the BRF and that's sad.

:previous: For all we know, Beatrice may be over the moon and sincerely happy that the public will not be intruding on her wedding day. We just don't know.

Perhaps the only people that will be sorely disappointed if the wedding is a private one are those (like me) that love to watch royal weddings. ?

:previous: For all we know, Beatrice may be over the moon and sincerely happy that the public will not be intruding on her wedding day. We just don't know.

Perhaps the only people that will be sorely disappointed if the wedding is a private one are those (like me) that love to watch royal weddings. ?

That's entirely possible and I admit that I'm a wedding watcher, too, and would love to see it but that's beside the point. I do think that there are some posters who feel that Beatrice should be over the moon and happy about a much more private wedding but they're missing the point when some of us say that we would understand if she isn't and feels sidelined and a bit slighted. I have absolutely no idea how Beatrice herself feels about all of this but honestly, I could understand if she's relieved and feels that a weight has been lifted while at the same time I could absolutely understand if she feels a bit let down and unimportant.

I'm glad she gets a reception in Buckingham Palace!
As for the church, perhaps St. Margaret's?

(Although I don't see why the Guards' Chapel should be ruled out because of Andrew's recent problems. He hasn't been convicted of anything).

I'm glad she gets a reception in Buckingham Palace!
As for the church, perhaps St. Margaret's?

(Although I don't see why the Guards' Chapel should be ruled out because of Andrew's recent problems. He hasn't been convicted of anything).

Could there be a balcony appearance if it's at BP? I wonder too if we are talking about BP hosting the afternoon AND evening reception like W and C, that would be lovely.

I hope both her grandparents will watch her making wedding vows!

Could there be a balcony appearance if it's at BP? I wonder too if we are talking about BP hosting the afternoon AND evening reception like W and C, that would be lovely.

certainly not. Im sure they would not have a balcony appearance evne if the ANDREW scandal had not happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom