Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure there will be footage of the entrance and departures like it usually is. She will have her dream wedding, no doubt. All will be fine.

Surely, 'all will be fine.' I'm not worried about Beatrice. She may not even very much mind having a low-key, non-public wedding. There will be no skimping on any of the arrangements and family joy. It's royalty watchers and royal wedding aficionados who aren't so fine about not being able to see Beatrice/Edo's nuptials since we did get to see Eugenie's and it was very wonderful having that opportunity.

Seeing Eugenie’s was a treat but it was also not expected. I’m glad ITV did air it but the timing worked then and they thought it was profitable to them. Clearly not so much this go around. There will still be footage, no doubt.

I hope some coverage of the wedding is released.
It's a happy occasion and wedding details are always interesting.

Seeing Eugenie’s was a treat but it was also not expected. I’m glad ITV did air it but the timing worked then and they thought it was profitable to them. Clearly not so much this go around. There will still be footage, no doubt.

Surely photos may be released, but I don't think it's certain how much actual footage of comings and goings we will get to see. Some of the guests may not be interested in being photographed. Perhaps the planning and decisionmaking in regard to certain details has been fluid in reaction to the public mood surrounding Andrew.

Perhaps closer to the actual date, contingencies and moods may change or harden. Or else, Beatrice & Edo have made up their minds about what they want in regard to privacy from prying eyes, but logistics surrounding the venue have not yet been settled...

Eugenie's wedding occurred during a year of royal wedding fever, and thus there was a trickle over Windsor Chapel wedding excitement effect which surely was part of why ITV and indeed the Aussie channel were so interested in covering those nuptials. Interest in the Sussex marriage has overall led to heightened interest worldwide in the British royals and in their annual public traditions and ceremonial pomp and circumstance.

Last edited:
No worries; there are still sufficient other royal families around to provide you with royal weddings until George and Charlotte (and Louis I assume) are ready to get married :D

You might need to wait some more years for the big affairs as the older ones of the future queens and king just reached or are getting closer to reaching adulthood. But most of them will most likely get married before George - as they are about 10 years his senior.

But they're not the British!
It wouldn't be the same.
Half the fun in watching a royal wedding is recognizing the guests. I doubt if many outside this forum would recognize guests at other royal weddings.

(When Louis Ducret married, I didn't even recognize the bridal couple).

I'll be very disappointed if Beatrice's wedding isn't televised. :sad:

But they're not the British!
It wouldn't be the same.
I'll be very disappointed if Beatrice's wedding isn't televised. :sad:
On the contrary to me the continental weddings are more fun just because of the royal & aristocratic guests. The best part of the Sussex wedding was to me when the few royal guests arrived. That's why I was looking so much forward to Beatrice's wedding - with her big aristocratic social circle and given the royal weddings we've seen her attend in the last few years there are bound to be many familiar faces among the guests. I'd take the Prince & Princess Napoléon over Ellie Goulding or Oprah any day.

The wedding can not be on TV and still be the wedding she wants it to be. Lady Gabriella had a big grand Windsor wedding ie large royal guest list; cameras filming the guests/bride arriving and leaving; Frogmore House reception and official photographs featuring the Queen. I'm sure it would have been filmed inside the chapel too for the family to watch privatley. B dosn't need members of the public brought into the grounds or TV cameras for it to still be a wonderful occasion.

On the contrary to me the continental weddings are more fun just because of the royal & aristocratic guests. The best part of the Sussex wedding was to me when the few royal guests arrived. That's why I was looking so much forward to Beatrice's wedding - with her big aristocratic social circle and given the royal weddings we've seen her attend in the last few years there are bound to be many familiar faces among the guests. I'd take the Prince & Princess Napoléon over Ellie Goulding or Oprah any day.

I completely agree ...100%. One of the reasons I like Continental weddings a little better is because of the huge turnout of aristos and non reigning Royals that one doesn't get to see often.

Beatrice, of all the millennial BRF Royals, counts many of these folks in her social crowd. Which is part of why I want to see her wedding more than the other recent ones in the British Royal family.

BTW...I couldn't spot Ellie Goulding if I faced a firing squad. ...but I do know Prince and Princess Napoleon !;)

Last edited:
Surely photos may be released, but I don't think it's certain how much actual footage of comings and goings we will get to see. Some of the guests may not be interested in being photographed. Perhaps the planning and decisionmaking in regard to certain details has been fluid in reaction to the public mood surrounding Andrew.

I do feel like I am repeating myself but I will say it again. Lol. I think it will be what we typically get. Footage of the arrivals and departures. We might get some inside shots later on but that is likely it and that is fine. That is what would have happened anyways and probably would have occurred with Eugenie as well had not ITV decided to air it. I don't think it is a slight to Beatrice. Heck is it probably way less pressure in the grand scheme of things.

I completely agree ...100%. One of the reasons I like Continental weddings a little better is because of the huge turnout of aristos and non reigning Royals that one doesn't get to see often.

!;)

And usually the also show the foreign royal guests unlike at the Cambridge wedding where thery preferred to show a car (with the bride mother one cold not see) drving through the streets of London.

And usually the also show the foreign royal guests unlike at the Cambridge wedding where thery preferred to show a car (with the bride mother one cold not see) drving through the streets of London.

Yes I remember that, it was so frustrating. They cut away again when I was enjoying watching the Kents and Gloucesters arriving as well to show another car (can't remember who's it was) driving to the abbey even though there was nothing to actually see. I HATE the UK coverage of royal events as they seem to have a policy of showing as little of the royals as possible!

Who are some of Edoardo's friends from Italy who have a young son or daughter who could be a pageboy or a flower girl?

Maybe the interest in Beatrice's wedding increases now she suddenly became the 'second' one in line to the throne of her generation who is (supposedly) willing to fulfill a royal role with all that it entails within her generation :whistling:

:previous: I rather doubt it. Sadly, the only way the networks or even the general public will show interest is if the Sussexes make it clear they will be attending the wedding.

Very frustrating indeed.:cool:

You might have been a good guest arrival commentator then, since all of the media outlet broadcasters appeared to be clueless regarding who most of the arriving guests were outside of Oprah, Idris, Serena, Amal & George, the Beckhams, et al, who were all readily identifiable by viewers in the first place.

They needed someone from Debrett's or another expert on the aristocracy to help identify unfamiliar faces...

I do feel like I am repeating myself but I will say it again. Lol. I think it will be what we typically get. Footage of the arrivals and departures. We might get some inside shots later on but that is likely it and that is fine. That is what would have happened anyways and probably would have occurred with Eugenie as well had not ITV decided to air it. I don't think it is a slight to Beatrice. Heck is it probably way less pressure in the grand scheme of things.

I don't think anyone feels lack of full television coverage is a 'slight' to Beatrice in any way. We may not have the same viewpoints regarding quantity of coverage and clips of arrivals and departures, but I don't disagree with your other points.

I already observed similar sentiments in a previous post re the likelihood that Beatrice may be quite happy to not have huge public attention and scrutiny on the church ceremony.

Last edited:
You might have been a good guest arrival commentator then, since all of the media outlet broadcasters appeared to be clueless regarding who most of the arriving guests were outside of Oprah, Idris, Serena, Amal & George, the Beckhams, et al, who were all readily identifiable by viewers in the first place.

They needed someone from Debrett's or another expert on the aristocracy to help identify unfamiliar faces...
I would have done a better job than those commentators yes, but I know others that would have been even better at it. That said I'd need help with the celebrities since I couldn't pick out that Idris fellow in a crowd if my life depended on it.

I would have done a better job than those commentators yes, but I know others that would have been even better at it. That said I'd need help with the celebrities since I couldn't pick out that Idris fellow in a crowd if my life depended on it.

:lol:

Idris Elba is a British actor who was helped as a youth by one of Prince Charles' community initiatives for disadvantaged youth. Idris now supports similar youth projects of the Prince of Wales:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idris_Elba

With the Duke of York Affair and now the Duke of Sussex Declaration the Royal Firm/Court will wait to give the date of this Wedding .

With the Duke of York Affair and now the Duke of Sussex Declaration the Royal Firm/Court will wait to give the date of this Wedding .

I know, it's getting tiresome waiting to find out where and when this wedding is going to be.

I am starting to hope that they will simply run off somewhere and elope. One family crisis after another since the day they announced their engagement.

Poor Beatrice.:sad:

I am starting to hope that they will simply run off somewhere and elope. One family crisis after another since the day they announced their engagement.

Yes the BRF seem trapped in a never ending nightmare at the moment.

Not quite eloping, but I honestly think they are better off having a quiet, private wedding now. There is no appetite for a big, public royal wedding .

Not quite eloping, but I honestly think they are better off having a quiet, private wedding now. There is no appetite for a big, public royal wedding .

There has NEVER been any appetite for that kind of wedding for Edo and Beatrice. They have said for weeks that the wedding will be "quiet and private"...there was never any discussion of a big splashy public wedding.

I say they should just go and do it now. Even abroad if they want. :ermm:

Last edited:
There has NEVER been any appetite for that kind of wedding for Edo and Beatrice. They have said for weeks that the wedding will be "quiet and private"...there was never any discussion of a big splashy public wedding.

I say they should just go and do it now. Even abroad if they want. :ermm:

While I tend to agree with the idea that they should just go and do it if they want and should do it whenever and wherever they want, I understand, too, that Beatrice might very well want a wedding with her grandparents and family present and that's perfectly okay, too. Yes, she's a public figure. Yes, there's a lot of drama and chaos and commotion happening within her very public family. But that doesn't change the fact that they are a family and it might be important to her to have her wedding with her family around her. I feel awful for her that so much of this has overshadowed her happiness. It's fine if what she wants is a small, scaled-down wedding without television cameras and carriage rides but it's really too bad that it's looking increasingly like she may not even be able to have that smaller-scale celebration because of all the chaos around her. It's terribly sad that many people now believe that she should just elope and release a picture or two later when what she may be holding out for is simply a date that she can marry quietly with her family present.

Could Princess Beatrice and Edoardo have the wedding during Lent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom