The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2019, 06:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLeonie View Post
A few days ago, on another site, someone said that they thought Edo was an "opportunist" who dumped his baby mama and took up with Bea to further his real estate career. They also predicted that he and Bea would never marry because he would dump her. I can actually see this happening because Bea is of no use to him in his career now that her father is a pariah who no longer has contacts that can help him. I also don't think Edo's "reputation would be toast" if he did dump her. There are a lot of people against Andrew right now and if Bea becomes "collateral damage" no one would care very much. I hope this does not happen because Bea deserves to be happy but, it could.

My opinion is that, if this wedding does come off, it will be a very small family affair with no TV or streaming, no carriage ride and as little fanfare as possible. And, that might be just the way Bea wants it.
Again...the assumption that Edoardo will leave Beatrice because she is "no longer of any use to him".

So...it's quite out of the question that he proposed to this girl he has been friends with for years because he loves her?

After all, she had a scandal prone family LONG before he began to date her. He knew this. There are easier ways for a handsome wealthy aristocrat to social climb than to become the son in law of Andrew and Fergie.

I find the idea that some people refuse to believe this guy could love Beatrice very sad.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 11-24-2019, 06:46 PM
Aristocracy

First I wish Bea could have been any normal day to day girl where no one would care she is getting married and to who, but being a member of the RF that will not happen.

So second, I would like to see Bea and Edoardo have a small wedding with family and a few friends, close by so grandpa can attend easily. Little fanfare even though the media would like to be there. The couple can release a few pictures. Then a short time have a reception of their own choice with all their friends...it can be on a beach, another country anywhere they choose. Others have done this, they could to.

Third I would hope Sarah and PA NOT give any interviews or comments, keep their mouths shut. Over the years they have both caused enough of a media stir and many problems. I hate for them to ruin Beas wedding any more then they have. I doubt Sarah can keep her mouth shut but the Queen has some hold over and on PA.

IMO it was bad enough Bea had to wait until the storm somewhat calmed down to announce her engagement. Then no matter what the couple wished, it was not just about them, the media had to bring in the parents dirt. Now the wedding plans are under the the microscope because of rumors again....I say rumors as we the public don’t know the facts and media loves to change the story for more drama. We can only guess and read the media gossip.

I really believe the two are in love. I believe Edoardo has been interested and in love with Bea for many years but she was in another relationship so Edoardo looked elsewhere. Since Bea was free and Edoardo had not made a permanent commitment to his then fiancé, he decided instead of making matters worse, to break off his past engagement and seek out Bea. Then the two realized they were meant for each other. Yes, it’s sad, a little boy will not have two parents daily with him, but mom travels a lot so she was and is gone....and what better step mom then Bea who has many second cousins she has played with and enjoyed being with. Bea will be a great step mom, the little boy will be loved by all. When this all started i often wondered why the first engagement was so long.....

It would be a super surprise if we woke up one day and headline say the two had married and they pulled off the greatest wedding caper of all times tricking the media!

I know many don’t agree with me but I think we all would like to see Princess Beatrice happy.

Old 11-24-2019, 07:19 PM
Courtier

I assume any interview done at the time of their engagement would have been short and fluffy and not mentioned anything that wasn't about the couple. It wouldn't have even mentioned anything about his child and Bea's new role as a stepmother I they didn't want it mentioned.

Andrew was the one who was blamed for a lot of the controversy that surrounded parts of Eugenie's wedding - the one who was said to have insisted on the carriage ride and it being televised. That certainly won't happen now but I don't think it was in the cards before recent events. If they had wanted it to be more public then it wouldn't be two months later with no further details announced
Old 11-24-2019, 08:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
[...] That certainly won't happen now but I don't think it was in the cards before recent events. If they had wanted it to be more public then it wouldn't be two months later with no further details announced
It is my guess that the Royal Family's intention always was to plan this wedding in reaction to future events, and therefore to leave options open to the fullest possible extent. (Even plans for a small private wedding, if already finalized, could have been included in the engagement announcement.) While the announcement of Princess Eugenie's engagement disclosed the venue and the approximate date ("autumn 2018"), only the year 2020 was disclosed in her sister's announcement, thereby leaving it open for the wedding to be held in any location and potentially as late as December 2020, which would be more than a year after the announcement.
Old 11-24-2019, 09:55 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsJulie View Post
First I wish Bea could have been any normal day to day girl where no one would care she is getting married and to who, but being a member of the RF that will not happen.

So second, I would like to see Bea and Edoardo have a small wedding with family and a few friends, close by so grandpa can attend easily. Little fanfare even though the media would like to be there. The couple can release a few pictures. Then a short time have a reception of their own choice with all their friends...it can be on a beach, another country anywhere they choose. Others have done this, they could to.

Third I would hope Sarah and PA NOT give any interviews or comments, keep their mouths shut. Over the years they have both caused enough of a media stir and many problems. I hate for them to ruin Beas wedding any more then they have. I doubt Sarah can keep her mouth shut but the Queen has some hold over and on PA.

IMO it was bad enough Bea had to wait until the storm somewhat calmed down to announce her engagement. Then no matter what the couple wished, it was not just about them, the media had to bring in the parents dirt. Now the wedding plans are under the the microscope because of rumors again....I say rumors as we the public don’t know the facts and media loves to change the story for more drama. We can only guess and read the media gossip.

I really believe the two are in love. I believe Edoardo has been interested and in love with Bea for many years but she was in another relationship so Edoardo looked elsewhere. Since Bea was free and Edoardo had not made a permanent commitment to his then fiancé, he decided instead of making matters worse, to break off his past engagement and seek out Bea. Then the two realized they were meant for each other. Yes, it’s sad, a little boy will not have two parents daily with him, but mom travels a lot so she was and is gone....and what better step mom then Bea who has many second cousins she has played with and enjoyed being with. Bea will be a great step mom, the little boy will be loved by all. When this all started i often wondered why the first engagement was so long.....

It would be a super surprise if we woke up one day and headline say the two had married and they pulled off the greatest wedding caper of all times tricking the media!

I know many don’t agree with me but I think we all would like to see Princess Beatrice happy.
Wow I thought that only I had this impression of maybe Edo having some feeling for Beatrice from time to time.
Old 11-24-2019, 10:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Perhaps what we're seeing now and musing about in regards to Beatrice and Edo' commitment and every opinion from social media to the press and from the Queen's corgis is actually a blessing in disguise.

The proverbial crapstorm has hit the fan during this couple's engagement period *big time* and most couples are not so lucky to have "make or break" events that tests the waters on how well they'll handle things. Together.

To have and to hold for better or for worse is part of a marriage vow between couples and their opportunity to hold each other and comfort each other and get each other through a terrible time usually isn't severely tested until after the wedding. If they make this vow to each other on their wedding day, they *know* they've already weathered a huge storm together and can stand strong together through anything.

Just a thought.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsJulie View Post

I dont think he was ever engaged to his ex there was no society pappers announcing his engagement with her. His sister annonced her engagement in the pappers.The ex loves instagram there was never a ring on that finger any pics, but then again Edo does seem more private. could be wrong just an opinion.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The proverbial crapstorm has hit the fan during this couple's engagement period *big time* and most couples are not so lucky to have "make or break" events that tests the waters on how well they'll handle things. Together.
Hmmm, but it reads a bit like Mr. Mapelli Mozzi, the property developer, is now the "good catch" and not the English Princess...
Old 11-25-2019, 02:39 PM
Heir Apparent

In my opinion Beatrice and Edoardo should have the Wedding THEY want, unclouded by the naysayers who seem to think that the [alleged] misdemeanours of the Brides Father should mean they scuttle away and marry in obscurity..

They have done nothing to be ashamed of, or pilloried for, and I fervently hope she will be married as befits a Princess of the United Kingdom, and not some unfortunate 'shotgun' eloper..
Old 11-25-2019, 02:47 PM
Nobility

I also hope that Beatrice and Edo will have a wedding of their dreams. It will be so sad for their day to be impacted because of their dad's actions.

I am sure the situation is already very hard for them - regardless.

My prayers for Bea and Eugenie. I can't even imagine what they are going through. No matter what - this is still their dad.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:12 PM
Majesty

the timing of andrew's interview was ill advised, and it is no doubt impacting bea's wedding. it would have been best if he had stayed shut up. after all, andrew's rumoured involvement with epstein's affairs has been in the air for years, yet not with the intensity that has arisen following the interview. heck, it was even in the air when eugenie married, yet the wedding went on without any repercusions for eugenie and jack. i am afraid the same isn't true this time for beatrice and edoardo. what was andrew thinking? resigning 'for the foreseeable future' was doubtful, but asking him to give up all his patronages has rung more than one alarm bell. to me, it indicates that 'the foreseable future' may be indeed a long, even permanent future...
Old 11-25-2019, 03:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope Bea has the wedding she wants but a very public one with Andrew walking her down the aisle will likely be very problematic. It’s unfortunate but expected. So not televised will be the way to go.
Old 11-25-2019, 04:56 PM
Serene Highness

Maybe a wedding without mom and dad.
In Spain Cristina was even privately kept away from the King and Queen
Old 11-25-2019, 05:03 PM
Aristocracy

The more I think about it I think she will get married at Queens Chapel Within the safe surroundings of St James Palace. Reception in the palace. Evening party somewhere? Maybe Windsor but could be a London hotel the royals have had a few private parties at hotels including the queen. St James Palace is Edo and Bea's home. Small wedding and big party. All nice and private. Plus Queen Victoria married there (my 5 year old is doing Queen Vic as their topic this term) which is a nice link for Bea especially if she wants something different.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:05 PM
Aristocracy

I did wonder about the ‘first engagement’. I read it both ways. Thanks duchesschicana.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Lyman View Post
The more I think about it I think she will get married at Queens Chapel Within the safe surroundings of St James Palace. Reception in the palace. Evening party somewhere? Maybe Windsor but could be a London hotel the royals have had a few private parties at hotels including the queen. St James Palace is Edo and Bea's home. Small wedding and big party. All nice and private. Plus Queen Victoria married there (my 5 year old is doing Queen Vic as their topic this term) which is a nice link for Bea especially if she wants something different.
I've said it before, this is exactly what she and Edo should do. Keep the actual ceremony small and private, with a reception in the Palace.

And a week later have an all out, pull out the stops party on the Continent with all their friends.

No sniping in the press or public about $$. Beatrice and Edo get the private wedding (with Edo's son shielded, and Andrew walking his daughter up the aisle). Everyone's happy.

Sadly it won't be streamed or televised, though.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 11-25-2019, 06:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post
Hmmm, but it reads a bit like Mr. Mapelli Mozzi, the property developer, is now the "good catch" and not the English Princess...
Neither of them is a "catch". They're not fish. What matters is their relationship to each other and to the new family they're forging. Adjectives to describe each person in the relationship fade away and the things such as wealth, reputation, status are like outerwear in the coldest of winter that belie what lies underneath.

In a good and healthy and loving marriage, its the partnership that matters. Not who is the better "catch". I sincerely believe and hope that Bea and Edo have found this with each other because, really, that is all that really matters.
Old 11-25-2019, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

When it does come time to announce the wedding date, could Edoardo's parents actually make the announcement?
Old 11-25-2019, 07:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

I wouldn't be surprised if we are told after the wedding has actually taken place so they have their event, the way they want it, and no chance of any public or media there to spoil the day for them.
Old 11-25-2019, 07:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Lyman View Post
Why is St James any more private or safe then St George's? They are both inside private palace walls, that can be closed off to the media and public for the event. The only difference, The queen's chapel is so small that besides their family, they would be able to have very few friends in attendance.

If they don't want people screaming about the cost of security, a wedding reception at a hotel would do the opposite. The kind of expense for security on a hotel as there would be senior royals at it, would be extremely high.

Nor would they be able to control the media attention.

I don't get why people are so bent on London being more 'private' then Windsor. I don't think they get that Windsor can be completely closed off to the public and media for the wedding. The only media and public with access to Harry and Eugenie's weddings were either those who were allowed on to the castle grounds, or during the carriage ride. Since the carriage ride will be out, the public out cry too much, no concern there.

Quote:
When it does come time to announce the wedding date, could Edoardo's parents actually make the announcement?
It is traditional for the Queen to announce. She did even for Zara and Peter's weddings. Unless they have a totally un-royal wedding, with the queen not involved in hosting it, I don't see this tradition not continuing.

Closed Thread